email default

I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000).  The
difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties
my aol mail box.  With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol.  How
can I change this?
0
Fran (36)

Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on
the server.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

"Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000).  The
difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties
my aol mail box.  With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol.  How
can I change this?

0
MillyS1 (1480)
9/22/2007 6:22:11 PM
Well, I finally found where I send my reply back.  Thank you soo much, it
seems to be working.  I only tried it once.  Will see after I receive new
emails.  When I first set up, outlook was downloading everything, saved mail,
etc.  This community is a great tool.  I know I will be back again.  One
other question, did I read someplace that outlook 2007 and the dell PDA
cannot be sync'd?  Thanks

Fran

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on
> the server.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000).  The
> difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties
> my aol mail box.  With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol.  How
> can I change this?

0
Fran (36)
9/23/2007 12:20:01 AM
The Dell Axim and Outlook (all versions) sync just fine - I use the Axim =
X5 and it syncs perfectly with OUtlook 2007 on Windows XP.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Fran asked:

| Well, I finally found where I send my reply back.  Thank you soo
| much, it seems to be working.  I only tried it once.  Will see after
| I receive new emails.  When I first set up, outlook was downloading
| everything, saved mail, etc.  This community is a great tool.  I know
| I will be back again.  One other question, did I read someplace that
| outlook 2007 and the dell PDA cannot be sync'd?  Thanks
|=20
| Fran
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|=20
|| Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the
|| messages on the server.
||=20
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|| I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook
|| 2000).  The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to
|| outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box.  With 2000, I got my
|| mail but it also stayed in aol.  How can I change this?
0
MillyS (3228)

Attaching emails #2
From time to time I need to attach several emails I have recieved to a message I am sending. I know that there is a way to do this because I have received emails with emails attached. I am using Outlook 2002. Insert->Item. Navigate to the message you want to include. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott asked: | From time to time I need to attac...

How to capture the inbox emails
Hi, I am trying to get the emails from outlook 2000 into the Document management, by highlighting the email and trying to drop into the traget button, but I am getting erro , email Integration not active, what am I missing in my setup. I have already setup the email parameters under Administration >> Setup Email Parameters. Thanks, ...

change my email account
im having the hardest time trying to figure out how to change my email account on outlook, i have a new address that i need to change it to, but have no clue how....please please help !! thanks!!! -liz Hi, Liz click the link below http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289467 Hope this help! Yvon "liz" wrote: > im having the hardest time trying to figure out how to change my email > account on outlook, i have a new address that i need to change it to, but > have no clue how....please please help !! thanks!!! -liz liz <liz@discussions.microsoft.c...

Email Router and Exchange 2003
Hi, Please I need help, Implementation GUIDE: “E-mail sent between users on the same Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 system (intranet e-mail) will be processed by the Router only if it is sent from a Microsoft CRM client.” I can send emails to users on the same Echange 2000 or 2003 system , but these users cannot respond to me. I need to implement Microsoft CRM for a HelpDesk department, they need that the users that not have Microsoft CRM can respond this type of emails. What I can do? Thanks, See Chapter 6 of the Implementation Guide for one solution - set up SMTP subdomain for C...

How do I email pdf file open in body of email with hyperlinks
Hello, I am trying to email our newsletter that contains hyperlinks to webpages in Microsoft Outlook. It is a pdf file. I would greatly appreciate advice. Thanks so much Maggie You can't, a PDF file HAS TO BE OPENED by the recipient. Maggie wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to email our newsletter that contains hyperlinks to webpages in > Microsoft Outlook. It is a pdf file. > > I would greatly appreciate advice. > > Thanks so much > Maggie On 3/11/2010 11:35 AM, Maggie wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to email our n...

Business Portal
Hi, I just finish install BP but the default page look different from what I seen in documentation. 1 : it shown "404 Not Found" under Email Summary, Key Info, Quick Link and Today. 2 : I cannot find any menu like "Home, Executive, Employee, Company, To do List "..... Does it mean I have successfully installed & only need to configure the site? Thank you, Alex ...

Sent email
Hi, Our service department is sending a lot of email from CRM and they are asking if there is a way we can go back somewhere to search in their sent item. In v1.2, sent emails do not appear in the Sent items folder. In v3.0, if you send email via the CRM for Outlook clients standard email form, they will appear, but there are still emails sent via 3.0 that will not appear in sent itmes. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4D05F6D-EFC5-48FF-B735-3D380B13C622@microsoft.com... Hi, Our service department is sen...

auto archive defaults
hi... could you tell me when using the default settings with autoarchive if any folder that is a sub folder of inbox will be copied in it's shown state, or if not copied at all, or only the messages. Or will i have to applyauto archive individually cheers ...

MOVING EMAIL BETWEEN DRIVES
I'm replacing my hard drive, which has Office 2003 and XP Pro, for a larger one. I will install a fresh copy of XP Pro and Office 2003 with most of the updates. My wife and I use Outlook for our mail under separate user accounts. After the new drive is running how does one transfer all the accumulated mail from the first drive, I assume this is possible? I have no idea where it's stored or if it is transferable. Upon completion I plan to delete the present C partition and use it for storage. TYIA Your emails are probably in a Personal Folders File (a .pst file). Open Outlook and go ...

Email SPAM Filter
I need to come up with a SPAM solution. I'd appreciate any input that anyone can provide. I'm leaning toward Webmarshal or GFI's Mail Essential. Anyone has any experience with either? Can anyone give me some feedback/alternatives/recommendations? How about ISA server with the SMTP filter? Currently using Exchange 5.5 (SP4)on NT4 Server with SP6a running over an NT4 domain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rich Might want to check out these folks http://www.mxlogic.com/ Very easy, very good. I set them up, and after 3 weeks, stopped managing the solut...

Multiple Email Signatures
I am using Outlook XP (2002) at home and have 2 different email accounts set up; one for me and one for the wife. Is there to automatically choose a different signature depending on which account is being used to send mail? I know you can manually do this. Thanks, Jason What you want was first introduced with Outlook 2003, one way if you use Word as the editor is to use Auto Text entries "gator" <business@clickshouse.com> wrote in message news:b768dcb0e98e1949b8016229e0ebfd25@news.teranews.com... > I am using Outlook XP (2002) at home and have 2 different email > accou...

Journal tracks email by catagory
Is there a way to set up Outlook 2000 where the Journal will track emails etc by catgory. Where I can have a catagory of prospects and have Journal show the emails I have sent. Right now I have to go into Journal and set up individually the contacts that I want tracked. If I cannot do it by catagory then can I have the program defaultly track emails and not have to set them up individually? Thanks, Steven Robillard ...

emailing link from internet explorer
I have outlook 2003 and if i want 2 email a link, outlook does not allow it. How do i turn off this feature and make my own decision 2 email a link or not? This is very frustrating. Thank you for any assistance. ...

Exchange 2003 default policies
Hello. We just replaced our Exchange 2000 mail server running on a W2K server with Exchange 2003 running on a W2K3 server. The Exchange Features tab of all users properties page in Active Directory shows the following are defaulted to enabled: Mobile Services Outlook Mobile Access User Initiated Synchronization Up-to-date Notifications Protocols Outlook Web Access POP3 IMAP4 My question is there a way to enable/disable any of the above options without going to each user's properties page? Thanks in advance. You'd have to script such a change. Moving fo...

New Email Message in Outlook 2007 starts in Body of email not in To: field
I have a number of users who have been upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when click on New - Email the Email window opens with the cursor in the body of the email first. In previous versions the focus was always in the To: field. I can't find anywhere to change this. Anyone know? It should open in the to field fn new mail, in the body for replies.. Try Help, Office Diagnostics -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

cannot read emails from certain senders
Hi ! A user with Outlook 2002 sp1 has suddenly experiencing problems reading emails from certain senders. The email body has lines of additional text hiding the content of the email yet if it is forwarded the user can read no problem. I have tried changing her format from html to rich text etc and still the same. I have tried sending her the same communication from myself which is perfectly OK and the extra lines of text still appear when she receives it. She is a directors secretary and I have been changing some permissions on some resource mailboxes but not changed her own mailbox so I can...

entourage unwanted email download

Delete email in "pop-up" Windows
Dear All, I have a question when I am using Outlook, but I don't know it is possible or not. When I double click an email, it will pop-up a new Windows and I can read email. when I delete this "new windows" email, the pop-up Windows will be close. Is it possible that when I delete the pop-up Windows email, it will show the next email in pop-up Windows? If I understand you correctly, then yes it is possible. Simply go to Tools-->Options and select "E-mail Options..." on the Preferences tab. In the drop-down box at the top of the E-mail Options wind...

limitations of CRM 4 email
Hi, I have recently implemented CRM 4 and have found some limitations of the email system. 1/ cannot add attachments 2/ cannot add signature Obviously we can use outlook and browse to the CRM Contacts and add the email address that way, but it seems a long way round. The other issue I have is that I implemented CRM 4 Workgroup (as I got it in an actionpack) and I now wish to add more than 5 users, is there an upgrade path to Pro? Thanks Blair Hi Blair, You can add attachments to a CRM email activity but you must first hit the save button before clicking on the 'attachments' ta...

emailing a document
Requesting help with a question, please. I'm trying to email a document I created with Publisher. I saved the document to my "documents" folder and attach it to my email from there. When I send the email, the editing screen around the document goes with the document in the email. However, I want to email just the document, not the editing screen. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. -- Gary Editing screen? What do you mean? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Gary Brenner" <GaryBrenner@discussi...

Sending a publisher file as an email attachment
When sending a publisher file as an email attachment and is opened, it does not look like the original. Any suggestions why and how to fix it? Thanks El wrote: > When sending a publisher file as an email attachment and is opened, it does > not look like the original. Any suggestions why and how to fix it? Thanks Different fonts are installed on different computers. Create a PDF and send that instead. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Its not just the fonts, words are added, hyphens are added, and graphics are upside down. Any other thoughts? &quo...

NOT download emails to "On my Computer" folder

Save As defaults to .OFT
One of the users in my company sends emails in Rich Text format with attachments in the body of the email. When I attempt to save the email to a file, the default format is .OFT. All other user' emails default to .TXT or .RTF depending on their original format. We are using Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711). Why is this happening? ...

when outlook opens, it doesn't default to send/receive
When I open outlook, I have to click on send/receive to get mail and i do the same to refresh future incoming mail. I want outlook to show all my e mail when I open the program You dont mention OL version. Perhaps you need to check mail options and set it when to check "inron1" <inron1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DE654C0-FDE9-4D95-B5E0-20B9188E859E@microsoft.com... > When I open outlook, I have to click on send/receive to get mail and i do > the same to refresh future incoming mail. I want outlook to show all my e > mail when I open the prog...

Promoting emails to Case Activities
Hello We have recently implemented CRM 1.2 (standard suite). We are using the service module to track the technical support for the software we develop. When we reply to a customer, I would like to promote the reply email to the activities for the case. Is this possible? It seems like you can only promote emails to activities for leads, accounts and contacts but this doesn't seem right.. Thanks for any guidance you can provide Derek Hi Derek, I'm also having this problem, when using the 'regarding' field for a received email to assign it to a new case record, i can only as...