All emails from everyone all seem to have the following format
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:10 PM for recording when the email was
sent.

All emails I send use the same format.
A colleague of mine has told me that he can make Outlook stamp all his
outgoing emails with the following format:
Sent: 2006-08-21 05:28

Can individuals control this? if so how?

0
Saira6328 (18)

In your display?
View-> Arrange By-> Current View-> Customize Current View-> Format
Columns...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Saira" <Saira@BayonetVentures.com> wrote in message
hello all
Can you tell me whether there is anyway to change the Outlook email stamp to
a different format
All emails from everyone all seem to have the following format
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:10 PM for recording when the email was
sent.

Sent: 2006-08-21 05:28

Can individuals control this? if so how?

0
Roady
8/23/2006 7:06:47 PM
No I'm looking to change the format that appears in the header of an email
that I send.

message news:OYVcJduxGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> In your display?
> View-> Arrange By-> Current View-> Customize Current View-> Format
> Columns...
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> -----
> "Saira" <Saira@BayonetVentures.com> wrote in message
> hello all
> Can you tell me whether there is anyway to change the Outlook email stamp
> a different format
> All emails from everyone all seem to have the following format
> Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:10 PM for recording when the email was
> sent.
>
> All emails I send use the same format.
> A colleague of mine has told me that he can make Outlook stamp all his
> outgoing emails with the following format:
> Sent: 2006-08-21 05:28
>
> Can individuals control this? if so how?

0
Saira6328 (18)

due date function
I try to make function for due payment. When I made copy file and then drag down the formula and it's succed. But for the cell that I not fill yet has due date also. How to make that cell became 0 (zero) if not fill the cell yet. example : A1 A2 19/8/05 =A1+30 - 30/01/00 - 30/01/00 Thanks Lando =IF(C5=""; "" ;C5+30) Explanation detail if ([logical test] c5 equals ""; then [result if true] ""; else [result if false] c5+30) Explanation brief if c5 eq...

Cannot receive incoming internet eMail
Hi, all: I ahve a win2003 network, with Exchange 2003 running. The DC was down for about a week, so the email was not working, either. When the DC came back, email started working, partially. Now I can send email to outside, but I cannot receive any email at all. Any idea?? Thanks! From an outside connection, say your home computer, can you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange Server? Check your Event Viewer on the Exchange Server for any Errors. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Date datatype in my schema
I have created a simple XML document, generated a schema from it (which Visual Studio makes everything a string element). I then went through and changed all fields that are dates to the Date data type. Now, when I use the datagrid to edit the data in the XML file and then switch back to the raw XML text date, the dates are formatted like this "1973-10-27T00:00:00.0000000-06:00" and not as I expected, which are supposed to be a simple date, such as "1973-10-27" as per the W3C spec. Also, when I validate the document, it fails on all date elements with this error: C:\Doc...

How can I autofill dates having a blank cell between each day?
Hi Dee, Enter a date in cell A1 (eg 5/13/08), enter the next day's date in cell A3 (eg 5/14/08). Select cells A1 trough to A4 (ie select two dates and two blank cells). See the little dot at the bottom right of the selection rectangle? Click on that (the cursor will change to a cross when you are over the right spot) and drag it down as far as you want. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Date Problems
Dear Microsoft: Since we all know that the cost of a 1st class stamp is going to go up, I thought I would plot the cost over time. http://www.nonprofitmailers.org/tools/ratehist.htm 1. I formatted a column as DATE, but the 3 dates prior to 1900 that I entered as x-x-xxxx were not recognized by Excel as dates. (??!!???!). When I reentered them as x/x/xxxx Excel recogized July 1, 1885, but not the other 2. (Huh?) 2. So then I charted the dates and the costs as a line chart, the costs are displayed ok. The dates are displayed on the x-axis, but the dates are equidistant. That's...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

Text Wrapping and received Emails
I have received an email that has lines in it longer than the page width and dont wrap. I have tried help and searching here but cant find a way to have outlook automatically word wrap incoming messages to fit the text to the window any ideas please? Cheers JD Are you sure this is a Plain Text e-mail? These should be wrapped automatically for Outlook 2002 and 2003. HTML messages will be displayed in the way got formatted. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

some emails not coming through since going to exchange, no details on why
Have a user that got 2 daily emails. One from a partner of ours that was an automatic email sent, with a status of things. Has an attachment that is a .docr The other is a daily list of canadian exchange rate. No attachments. He no longer recieves these emails and ht doesn't get any emails explaining why. Any idea's? Reply Check your SMTP protocol logs - are these emails getting to your server at all? Are you receiving other emails from outside on that email address? Other addresses? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

Outlook Hangs when checking email addreses with directory service
I'm using Outlook 2000 service pack 3 in Internet Mail Only configuration Outlook hangs about 75% of the time when looking up an e-mail address in the university of bristol directory service however outlook express can look up an address successfully in the directory service 100% of the time and both outlook and outlook express have the directory account settings exactly the same. I would ask for help from the university's computing service but Outlook is currently unsupported by them. Any ideas why it hangs? Thanks James ...

Dates in the Footer
I know how to insert a date in the footer of a document, but wondering if Word can automatically change the date of ONLY a page in a document that is updated...not the entire document. Would be very helpful to know when certain info is updated, but also to keep the last time other pages were updated. Thanks for any advice. JT On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:04:01 -0700, JT <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to insert a date in the footer of a document, but wondering if >Word can automatically change the date of ONLY a page in a document that is >u...

notes section and date
hello, Does anyone know how to add the createdon field to the notes section? I see that it is available in the deployment manager under annotation. I can't figure out where I need to go or what I need to do to get the column to show up. Also, does anyone know how to make the topic field not mandatory? Thanks, Jen ...

I can't send or receive email
I have a new computer with Windows XP & Microsoft Office for Small Business. I have never tried to use my email account until today. For security reasons, I first installed Norton Internet security. I then configured my email account. Everything seems to be working in the programs except for the fact that I can't send or receive email. Do you have any solutions? First disable Norton completely, and try a send/receive. Then get back to us. "Arnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067e01c3a5c2$78970ef0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I hav...

Help with Date format
I want to enter dates into a worksheet like this: January 25, 2001 And i want to get excel to display the date with the following format: 1/25/01 I have tried using a date format from the format menu but it wont display the date like i want! It will only display the date as I typed it in. Thanks to anyone who can help. :) It appears you're typing the date into a cell formatted as something other than General. 1. Delete the current contents of the cell. 2. Format > Cell > Number tab. Choose a date format. 3. Now key in the date into the cell. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Or...

Interactive email
I want to create a form that I can email to friends with boxes they can check and then send back. Can this be created in MS Publisher? Well, thanks XXZFZFCJKCGHXGFBJXFFO.. I was hoping for something a little more informative.. Anyone Are your 'friends' incapable of typing - Yes - No - Maybe - Perhaps -- Well, I guess thats one way to "solve" a problem.. thanks... ...

Problems when person reply to my emails
When persons reply to my emails they are not delivered. The persons get an undelivery message Wayne What type of e-mail account is it? If it's pop3 then in Outlook make sure that in the account settings the e-mail address supplied there is correct. The e-mail supplied in that box could be anything, as long as it's valid, and this is the address the person will see and also reply to. If there is a spelling mistake in that then it won't be delivered Hope that makes some sense. Let us know how you get on Regards Ash. Hi - not enough info to go on. What kind of mail account? What...

moving email to a new computer
anyone know how i can move my email from outlook express 6.0 on my desktop to outlook express 6.0 on my laptop? the export command does not allow me to export to a disc. any other way to move old emails to my new computer? thanks. Copy your DBX file from your desktop to your laptop that should work.for your messages. -- Michael Rothermel {465165} "Lowell Goodman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05cd01c395d8$f0ee00b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > anyone know how i can move my email from outlook express > 6.0 on my desktop to outlook express 6.0 on...

Problems getting access to my emails
I am having trouble getting into my eamils, when I go to open or delete an email a meesage bar appears telling me that for my protection you sometimes ask to sign in again, when I click the link a message appears saying that the webpage you are trying to view is trying to close the window, wether I click yes or no nothing happens and I am still unable to access my emails. You need to ask your question at www.windowslivehelp.com . The group is for Windows Live Mail questions. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael Smith" <Michael Smith@discussions.micros...

Exchange 2003 not sending emails
Hello, What should I do about this error: a.. Numeric Code: 5.4.6 Possible Cause: A Categorizer forward loop was detected. The targetAddress attribute is set on a mailbox-enabled user. Hosting Pack: This is a common hosting configuration problem when someone creates a contact in organizational unit (OU) 1 and then creates a user in OU 2 that has the same e-mail address by using the user provisioning tool. Troubleshooting: a.. This issue occurs when contactA has an alternate recipient that points to contactB and contactB has an alternate recipient that points back to contactA. Check the ...