email background color

Just reinstalled Outlook 2000 on repaired win98 system. Now received HTML
emails display with a grey background.  I'm not finding where there are
settings to control this?

0
storer (4)

Duplicate emails
Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins later the recipient gets the same email again>?? Any ideas.... Cheers Very likely some intermediate SMTP server or Cisco firewall causing duplicates. Compare Internet headers (time in Received: ) of two successive duplicates. The first Received: with different times will preceed server, that is causing the problem. Andrew wrote: > Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins > later the recipient gets the same email again>?? > > Any ideas.... > > Cheers Y...

searching emails in whole mailbox
Hi, My Outlook is just upgraded to Outlook 2007. It drives me crazy. In Outlook 2003, if I want to search an email in the whole mailbox, I will go to Advanced search and browse to the mailbox and it looks for the email everywhere. But in Outlook 2007, I did the same thing, it finds nothing. I have to check the folder to search. The problem is if I know the email is in which folder, why I need search? That doesn't make any sense at all. Please help! I need to search an email in the all folders, in the whole email account. How can I do it? Thanks in advance! Lisa ...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

Junk email filter
I did an upgrade from 2002 office. The Junk email filter works great only on the Inbox. I check three different eamil accounts and have rules to move the messages to their respective folders that I created for each email account. The Junk email filter does not work on these folders. the rules are as follows; Apply this rule after the message arrives through the "Specified" account, move it to the "Specified" folder. Thanks Tom Check the order of your filters. (tools-rules wizard). Move the rules up or down to satisfy your needs. If your rules to move to specifi...

Completely Turning off Junk Email Filtering in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know how to completely turn off Junk Email filtering Outlook 2003? We want all emails, regardless if spam, to go directly to every users' Inbox. Thanks. That's a first, but from the end user standpoint Tools | Options | Preferences | Junk E-mail. Only other way I can think of is when the profile is generated (assuming CIW is in use) and Exchange is in use, is to turn off cached mode. "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C250A388-DEFA-4402-8449-80FF3FC91B4C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to completely turn o...

Intelligent Message Filter- can the junk email feature be turned o
I am wondering if there is a reg hack or other method of running the Intelligent Message Filter but disabling the feature to send stuff to junk email? I have temporarily uninstalled it for customer since there were too many complaints about stuff going into to junk email. The filter capacity for the most part works pretty well and what is going into archieve looks like SPAM with only minor exceptions. I was looking at reinstalling the Intelligent Message Filter and not setting the second setting –Store Junk Email Configuration. Although I intially had the settings SCL lower I raised...

unreadable email
Helo, With some email sender, emails are unreadable. messages contain header and all HTML tag. See exemple below. Many thanks in advance, Pascal Vista home premuim outlook 2003 sp3 Acer aspire 9423 Exemple : Received: from mailgate008.isp.belgacom.be (mailgate008.isp.belgacom.be [195.238.6.1]) by maildelivery011.isp.belgacom.be (Postfix) with ESMTP id 48A9A5980C0 for <xx@xxxxxxxxx.net>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:47:41 +0100 (CET) Received: from mailrelay003.isp.belgacom.be ([195.238.6.53]) by in.mx.skynet.be with ESMTP; 17 Jan 2008 10:47:41 +0100 X-Belgacom-Dynamic: yes Received: from 88.58...

Junk Email scan on demand
Outlook 2003 junk email filter does a very good job detecting spam on arrival. I have several old PST files / folders with a mix of a large number of good messages and spam that I receive before starting to use junk email filter, and looking for an option to re-scan these PST files / folders to get rid of junk emails. I remember that Spam Inspector software allowed to launch cleaning selected folders in PST file from spam. Is there any way to activate junk email filter in Outlook 2003 on-demand? No, sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outl...

Send Email Permissions
We are trying to send emails to a group of contacts using the IE client. We are going to tools, advanced find to define a group of contacts. Then we choose actions, send direct email. When we choose a template and try to complete the activity, we get a message saying that the user doesn't have permission for this action. Our administrative users can perform this action, but the Salesperson and Customer Service Users are not able to complete the action. We have perused the security role settings but are unable to figure out which one is affecting this. Any ideas? Hi Greg, I...

Blocking HTML Email
As many of you know, spammers love to use embedded html in email so that the unsuspecting recipient gets a web page or content once the email is opened. Unfortunately, most of these are linking back to "offensive" sites. Is there a way to block these through the Outlook client? Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As many of you know, spammers love to use embedded html in > email so that the unsuspecting recipient gets a web page > or content once the email is opened. Unfortunately, most > of these are linking back to "offensive" sites...

Delete Emails Older Than X Days
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want to keep them for longer than that. Thanks, Tom On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Serv...

Pie Chart color
Hi, Excel 2003. I have a 3 series pie-chart, I simply want to change the color of ONE of the 3 slices in the way I want. Thanks for help. Click the slice; pause; click the slice again, it should now have 'handles' around it. Use Format | Data POINT in menu (if it say Data SERIES, try again) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Freightliner" <freightliner2006@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87a8c3a5-2d6e-43d2-a0ec-7aa1b25c1296@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Excel 2003. I...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Color Laserjet Printers
Hi, We want to purchase an HP3505 to use with Dynamics GP 9.0. It is not on the compatiblity list. Is anyone out there using this now? Does anyone have any recommendations for a color laserjet that they are using now with Dynamics GP 9.0? TIA, Laura Laura, We don't have anyone using a 3505, but we do have a customer using an HP Color LaserJet 2840 and it works just fine with GP. I haven't yet seen a problem with GP and any HP printer. The compatibility list typically only has a few models that are even being sold today, so I find it not to be very helpful. Please let us...

Tables and banding color in background
I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur. This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had success with this functionality? Thanks in advance for your help. Color banding can be applied as part of a table style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@di...

Reject email
I have an SBS 2003 server with 5 users. I get email delivered directly to my Exchange Server (within sbs 2003). I want to reject all email except that which is sent to a valid email address within my company. CUrrently, any email address will be accepted. How do I do this? What you describe is certainly not standard behavior. Where are the invalid e-mail addresses delivered? Are you talking about a POP connector? If that's what you're talking about, you should post your question to an SBS newsgroup since the POP connector is specific to SBS. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?
I am new to Outlook. Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject. I cannot find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this. There is no "save" or "save as" in the Files list; it is greyed out. How can I continue to save my emails as I desire? If you open a mail item you can use the File menu > Save option there to save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file for storage together with other mail items/folders "Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com...

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...

outlook 2003 problem sending email
when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using outlook 2000 (with a pop3 account) the email does not get through & i receive no 'failed delivery' messages to notify me of a problem. However, when i copy the same message to my work address i receive the email no problem. Also, I am able to receive emails from my friend - i just cant send them back! How can i troubleshoot this problem? What's the exact text of the NDR (bounce message)? Unlikely to be an outlook problem - leo wrote: > when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using > outlook...

Right click copy pictures in email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I just switched from Office X to Office 2004. I emails with pictures in them. In Office X, I could right click to copy them. In Office 2004, when I try to right click, nothing happens. <br><br>Is there any way to copy a picture that is embedded in an email? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342031805_7549207 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

Publisher file in email
I would like to be able to have a flyer appear in an email that I send. When I try to include the flyer, it becomes an attachment that has to be opened separately. Is this making sense? I am using Office 2007 (both for Publisher and Outlook). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312157/en-us 7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!! http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ new...

Emailing a multi-page newsletter as the message
This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program. Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased. Look for something later this week. Right now I have to prepare a mailing list with 1700 people for a mail merge. I'm a bit busy right now. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was ve...

Exchange 2007 lets phishing emails in via Safe Lists?
I've tried to post this a few times, but something in must be triggering a filter software as it hasn't shown up yet after 12 hrs and the web post shows up there but not in the NNTP. Here goes again, with a few more potential keywords changed: In Exchange 2007 with safe-list aggregation enabled, it appears that certain phishing messages get through we/of any phishing score. The culprit is that the recipient has the address in the safe-senders list (@phishingSite.com, for example). The user will put that there so that OL loads the images -- but a few phishing messages have now...