Email Attachments #18

I have Windows XP and Office 2002 SP2.  When I send an
email everyone receives two attachments: Blank Bkgrd.gif
(223B) and image001.gif (223B).  Why?  How do I stop
this?  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Izzy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have Windows XP and Office 2002 SP2.  When I send an
> email everyone receives two attachments: Blank Bkgrd.gif
> (223B) and image001.gif (223B).  Why?  How do I stop
> this?  Thanks.

Are you sending Rich Text or HTML messages?  Are you using staionery?  Are
you using Word as your email editor?  Are you including a signature?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Attachments not received #2
Can anyone help ? - When I send some attachments using Outlook 2003 the attachments are not received by the recipient just the mail. Incidentally they show the attachment paperclip in the Sent Items as if they were sent. This happened in earlier version too but only when I switched to XP. It does not occur with Outlook Express Many thanks First thing to check is your sending mail format. Make sure you're not using Rich Text Format. Try Plain Text or HTML instead "Marian Hughes" <moi@esatclear.ie> wrote in message news:OMWri8Y4DHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Vista stipping attachments
Can anyone please help me understand why my Vista home premium does not let any attachments through that I send home from work? The text part of the message comes through, but the attachment is gone. My wife's home computer uses XP and it can receive the messages ok. This appears to have started after I downloaded service pack 2 but that's only speculation on my part, my system once received work emails with no problem. Is it a POP3 account? Have you checked the message source, (Ctrl+F3), to see if the attachment is actually missing? Are you using e-mail scanning? ...

Can't open attachments in Outlook Express
I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the name of the attachment is shown. I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? Or is this a setting problem? I need some help ASAP as I have students who are depending on me for some answers Thank you very much Tim wrote: > I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed > access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the > name of the attachment is shown. > > I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? > Or ...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Outlook attachment?
A remote office is experiencing a problem with outllook. If they recieve a email, it also recieves an attachment consisting of a duplicate of the message. The attachment is something like ATT00010.TXT. This only happens with outlook (office 97 and 2000), with outlook express it works normally. Any suggestions? Here is the article with details on why the messages are not received correctly. The root cause would be a problem supporting MS Rich Text , or more specifically TNEF, somewhere along the message route. Simple fix would be to ask the sender to change format to either Plain Text ...

Email Alerts
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to notify, via e-mail, a user outside of my domain when e-mail arrives from any user that is on my contact list. I want the notification to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. Could someone tell me how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance ...

Launch trackable email from Adobe
I have a report written in SRS and then exported to .pdf. I want to email this pdf to my clients using acrobats File > email functionality but when the outlook email window opens, there is no Track in CRM buttons/toolbar. Has anyone got a work around for this or any ideas on why this might be happening? Mant thanks James ...

OWA attachment problem #2
Hello, I'm experiencing unexpected behaviour in Outlook Web Access. When i attach a Level1FileType-file to an e-mail and i save it in the drafts folder instead of sending it, then i should not be able to access the attachment when i re-open the e-mail from the drafts-folder according to this article/webcast: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservicedesks%2Fwebcasts%2Fwc061600%2FWCT061600.asp Since this article states: if you're working on a message and you attach one of these Level 1 attachments and you work for awhile and then you close the message to save it i...

How to keep Outlook email conversations expanded all the time?
Gurus, I previously asked how do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? The answer was to go to View > Arrange By > Conversation (answer thanks to Milly Staples). My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the time, automatically? -- Spin Spin wrote: > > My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the > time, automatically? I never found a way myself, but what I did do wa...

Email Timestamp
When an email is received there is a received date associated with it. Also, if you open up the email, there is a sent date associated with it. Where does that time stamp come from? Is it from the users computer or the exchange servers computer? Will those 2 timestamps ALWAYS be the same? What type of scenario would they be different? Thanks, Jasper Friends, i am trying to write a little application that will send HTML mails with images embedded in them. By default Outlook (and Thunderbird) will not display the graphics. Is there any way to "sign" the images/email so ...

Email not received by recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server 2003. I have ZoneAlarm which isn't showing a hack, yet my emails when sent have gone somewhere other than the intended recipients. This isn't happening all the time, but everyday the intended parties get approximately half of what I've sent. I do not receive emails stating that the email could not be received, it is the intended parties that are emailing me and asking me why I haven't responded to their emails. Thanks, Gary ...

saving attachments #5
I have a PC running WinXP Prof., and Outlook XP. When I click on an email that has an attachment, open the attachment (let's say it was a Word document), then click file, save as in Word, it wants to save the file to some mystery folder in the following path: Documents and Settings, DANNT, Local Settings, Temporary Internet Files, OLK2. I can't find this OLK2 folder for the life of me! I've tried all the folder options and nothing seems to work. Tried searching, but came up empty. Any ideas? Thanks so much Why don't you save it to the hard drive first then open...

Yahoo Is Blocking My Email "Over Limit For Messages"
I am a Yahoo Mail Plus customer which enables me to send emails through an external email client using my yahoo email address. I usually only send 10 email a day, and am using Pegasus as my external email client. But today after I send about a hundred emails I could not send further messages, and I got the message: "521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day." This also happened a few months ago. But even when I am blocked, surprisingly, if I then use Yahoo On The Web there is no such problem. Spoke to Ya...

Unwanted Email
Hi: I am getting gross email that I happily send to the junk or adult mail folders. However, I haven't figured out a way to do this, or to DELETE a message without having to open the message first. I've tried right clicking and have looked through the File, Edit, etc., etc., menus over and over again for a setting that will allow me to get rid of a message without opening it. I know that I can tell Outlook to eliminate messages for me if I know the sender's email, but, as you probably know, all of my unwanted mail comes from different sender addresses. This is imp...