email address listed in vcard

I create a vcard in outlook, but in the name field, I always get my
email address. How can I get my name in that field? The email address
also shows up in the email field.

Outlook version? You're referring to a saved vCard .vcf file, right?=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"contrain" <rlaughridge@gordonrees.com> wrote in message =
>I create a vcard in outlook, but in the name field, I always get my
> email address. How can I get my name in that field? The email address
> also shows up in the email field.

0
suemvp (4038)
2/13/2006 4:57:07 PM
Outlook version 2002. Yes, I'm referring to a vCard .vcf file that I
get the info from for contacts.

I can't duplicate the problem here. Check the name in the contact =
record. If the problem persists, open the .vcf file in Notepad and copy =
and paste the text into your next post here, munging the address of =
course. Also please quote the earlier messages, so we don't have to go =
digging to remember what this thread is about.=20

> Outlook version 2002. Yes, I'm referring to a vCard .vcf file that I
> get the info from for contacts.

>I create a vcard in outlook, but in the name field, I always get my
> email address. How can I get my name in that field? The email address
> also shows up in the email field.

0
suemvp (4038)

Shared email address
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C62CC6.258185F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a pretty common issue that I would like some advice on: I have a support email address and many people working in tech support. I'm sure many other companies have the same requirements. I read an article which suggested the following: 1) Create a public folder and assign it the support@ email addy. 2) Create an agent that converts incoming messages to a custom form with = a bit of scri...

Email Address Recognition 03-01-10
Good morning. Looking for help in getting Outlook to recognize names in network address book. Received help last week advising to make sure the "Auto Name Recognition" box is checked. In this case, it is. What is the next step? Devid "Devid" <Devid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA8385DF-4229-4928-8199-F8E52A6BFF63@microsoft.com... > Looking for help in getting Outlook to recognize names in network address > book. Received help last week advising to make sure the "Auto Name > Recognition" box is checked. ...

Message Options (Delayed Emails) #3
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. The problem is only with this user. Users OS is 2000 Pro/Office XP (Outlook 2002) and is not working offline. Server is Exchange server 5.5 LDAP not POP3. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. ...

computer updated lost all old emails and files on outlook
recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs including a newer version of outlook .. seem to have lost all my files containing my emails - 6 years !!!.. Need to know if they are stored on computer or via a server ,.. How do iget them back .. please help !!!!! thanks Ashley "Ashley marshall" <Ashley marshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5B4FAA-C552-44F7-B1F9-B89376F80D9A@microsoft.com... > recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs > including a newer version of outlook...

CRM email router 04-04-04
I have the crm server,exchange and email router installed on one machine But it's not clear to me how the email router should function if i create an email activity in crm and send the mail to another crm user, everything seems to work fine, an activity is created in crm with a GUID and a mail is received on the recipients side When i reply to this mail (using simply outlook), nothing happens? Should the router not intercept this (my CRMEmailEnabled flag is set correctly), is this because i'm sending messages between two crm users? or because i'm not using the sales client for ou...

Pb with Data validation based on named list
Hello, I create a Name as Test = {"A" , "B"} (not a range but a list of datas) by the menu 'Insert" / "Name" / "define" Then i cant'use that name "Test" in the Data validation Combo box by the menu "Datas" / "Validation" / "Option" / "Autorize" (List) The error message is that system does'nt accept in "Source" = Test Where is the Probleme thanks for your help Gilles PROVOST Hi Gilles You don't need the named range. In Data Validation>List>Source>A,B No need ...

Location of the List of Names that AutoFill To:... line
How do you clear the list of names that automatically appear in the To: field when you start typing a name? ...where are they kept? Outlook 2002 see article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;287623&Product=out >-----Original Message----- >How do you clear the list of names that automatically >appear in the To: field when you start typing a >name? ...where are they kept? > >Outlook 2002 >. > ...

Duplicate Emails #39
I have a user with Windows XP Pro, SP2, all updates, has office 2003 with SP3 who just recently installed Outlook 2003 and it's set his default mail reader. It's a POP3 account. AVG anti-virus, and the email scanner is *not* installed or active. Using the Windows firewall. He receives duplicate messages of all incoming email. When he closes it and goes to Outlook Express, he only receives the one copy of the mail. I would appreciate any thoughts you can give. Thanks, Tom On Feb 12, 2:59 pm, "Tom [Pepper] Willett" <t...@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote: > He ...

Sending email not using Global Address List?
I want to be able to send email for a specific user in the Global Address list using an SMTP address. Everytime we send email to tha person, it goes directly to his inbox. We would like for this message to go to the .com address, not the X.400. How can I accomplish this? Thank you. Keith You are going to have to give us a bit more detail for us to understand what it is you are trying to do. What version of exchange? How is it set up? Do you have SMTP addresses for everyone? Is the SMTP address the default address, or the X.400? What app are you sending from? etc... "Keith ...

can't see Canadian banks listed
I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online setup, there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to each of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken does. Your help is appreciated Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default of USA? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails...

email purchase order check box on vendor card
Does anyone know what the email purchase order does on the vendor card? One of my coworkers discovered the check box and asked me what it did and I was at a loss. I didn't find anything on customer source that told me what module it tied into or what it did. I am assuming it will email the purchase order automatically if it is checked but want to make sure I know what it does before I experiment with it. Robert Fann Omni Packaging Could you describe exactly where you found this checkbox (under what field where)? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global B...

Problem Sending a Document as an Email
I work in Publisher 2003 and I understand I am able to send a document I've created as an email. However, I go to File-Send Email-only to find that the option Send Document as Email doesn't exist. The only option under Send Email is Send Document as Attachment. How do I fix this and send a single page document as an Email? Please help!!! Thank you! cpadams wrote: > How do I fix this and send a single page document as an Email? Please help!!! Do you have Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express 6 installed and set as your default email client? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publi...

New emails show beyond next month date
Hi guys As of yesterday, my new emails are showing a date of from 4 August 2010 and today they started showing a date of 9 August 2010. This is hapening to a few clients of my clients as well and Im not sure what is causing it. All the email acounts are on POP and I have checked the system date on all the machines affected and all the machines have the correct dates on them. What could be causing this? -- Poodle Did you check the date on the actual mail server? "Poodle" <Poodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58EDFCC-0503-410B-AA9B-27AC...

Can I customize my drop-down font list?
There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go through them all to find what I'm looking for. I've tried deleting some of the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success. Sometimes they delete, sometimes they don't. There are dozens of fonts that are so similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to cull the ones I never use. Get yourself a font manager. There are free managers around and there are better ones that you will have to buy. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+fon...

Exchange 2007
Hi there, please help me. I have Exchchange 2007 (final-tryout) and 4 accepted authoritative domain with 4 email address policies (each domain have one of email address policy). My users has 4 smtp addresses (user@domain1, user@domain2 ...). Default email address policy (priority 1) is domain1. So if I'm trying to an send email from user@domain1, everything is ok. But if I'm trying to send an email from user@domain2 (or domain3 or domain4) that outlook said me something like "You are not authorized to send email as this user". But if I change default email address po...

Excel Postcode list to map
Hi, Sorry if you've already had this on the "misc" group but no reply:- I have a list of UK Postcodes in a Spread Sheet in Column A, and a List of Date/Times in Column B. I'd like to plot these on a map so that lines are drawn to show show the route in time order. Does anyone know of an excel addon, programme or website that will allow me to do this from a worksheet? -- Rich http://www.rhodes-pefkos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-lardos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-kolymbia.co.uk "Rich" <rich@richdavies.com> wrote in message news:0HhHo.35263$sK1.32443@newsfe21.i...

Where is address book located?
Can someone please tell me where on your system the outlook address book in located. And what file I am looking for? My "C" drive crashed but I do have some backup of it on another drive. I hope it may be located on the backup, I just don't know where to look and what to look for. I lost all my address's. you can e-mail me direct at sea157@suscom.net or post here on the news group. Thanks Do a search for any *.pab file. This is the extention for personal address book. I hope this helps "sea" <sea@suscomspam.net> wrote in message news:vuhsl4f07dobe@corp...

user shift-delete emails
A user shift-deleted some emails. What is the fastest way to recover this? On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:42:12 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote: >A user shift-deleted some emails. What is the fastest way to recover this? > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205 This did not help. The emails do not appear in recover deleted items after shift-delete. "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:7r4su21s7ug17dkfq7v4sippi6oiki61vn@4ax.com... > On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:42:12 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wro...

Cleaning up consolidated data in a list
Please, can anyone tell me a better way to clean up a spreadsheet that looks like this? The data comes in 3 columns, but the user puts several vendors in one cell instead of creating a new row for each vendor. Part Vend Price 123 abc, def 100.00 234 abc 75.00 345 def, ghi 70.00 I need it to look like this: Part Vend Price 123 abc 100.00 123 def 100.00 234 abc 75.00 345 def 70.00 345 ghi 70.00 The problem is I'm getting data from outside sources who don't always put it in the right format. ...

List opportunities order by estimatedclosedate and name of custome
I had done an aspx that returns all open opportunities ordered ascending by estimatedclosedate, or ordered ascending by name of customer. But when i try to order de two attributtes at the same time, nothing happens, because if i filter first by name of customer, and next by estimatedclosedate, the result comes ordered by estimatedclosedate. Anyone can help me? -- Regards, Pedro Airó ...

Match items in 2 lists??? eh help
Hiya I have 2 worksheets. One with a long list of names the other with not so long list of names - Sheet 1 (all clicks), sheet 2 (users at client x). I would like to be able to find out how many users at client x clicked on the site... any ideas how I can run a match on the lists? Any help/tips much appreciated thanks D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon for identifying common entries on both lists -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hiya > > I have 2 worksheets. One with a...

Track email accounts not being used
Good afternoon. We have several hundred Outlook users. Our server currently is 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. I was wondering if there is a way for me to see which of our users are not using their email on a regular basis. Policy states that staff should look at their email daily but I know for certain that some users have not looked at their email in months. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. In ESM expand the Stores and then select 'logons' or 'mailboxes', it will show you there last logon date. No logon date means the user is currently logged in. Olive...

Outlook 2002 delayed emails
We have a user that is having problems. When she sends an email it takes longer then the rest of the users on the network to arrive and when she receives emails it takes long then the other users. Mainly she is the only one having the problem. Her time on her emails are different then the time on the computer also. Could someone point me in the right directions to help resolve her problem? Thanks in advance! On Tue, 03 May 2005 08:10:03 -1000, Niki Glore <wonika@hotmail.com> wrote: > We have a user that is having problems. When she sends an email it takes > longer t...

Legitimate email getting deleted!!
My boss receives many emails from the office manager. Suddenly, in the last week, all emails from her have gone into the deleted items folder. We have looked everywhere for a rule that might be doing this. He has a junk mail rule and an adult senders rule, and no others. He adds names to these as he gets them but we searched each list and her name is not there. So I created a rule that says when items are received form her, stop processing any more rules, and put this at the top. Email is still going to the deleted items folder. What is going on here? How can I fix this for him? Thanks, ...

Can't recieve emails
I've set up my Windows Mail account and can send email, but cannot recieve it. Have tried a couple things. I unticked the 'Log on using a Secure Password Authentication' but then when trying to log on, I would type in the correct password/username but nothing would happen, and the log on in box would just re-appear. Then selected the 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' on the incoming mail (POP3) as I read this should help, but didn't. So now I'm left with this error message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'adam@p...