email account settings #2

i am using outlook 2003

i have a user account johndoe which is on server domain.local

all my data appears to be on local drive\documents and setting\johndoe
\local setting\application data\microsoft\outlook   and also more data
drive\documents and setting\johndoe\application data\microsoft\outlook

i want to be able to access all the same data with user (Administrator) on
local machine .... i copied all data form \documents and setting
\johndoe..etc to \documents and settings\administrator and i can read all
the folders and contacts however i do not have the email account settings
can i import this information somehow without having to set up the accounts
again (which means trying to find the passwords and soforth)

any help is much appreciated

TIA
NM

nowhereman <nowhereman@nowhere.com> wrote:

> all my data appears to be on local drive\documents and setting\johndoe
> \local setting\application data\microsoft\outlook   and also more data
> drive\documents and setting\johndoe\application data\microsoft\outlook
>
> i want to be able to access all the same data with user
> (Administrator) on local machine ....

Put your PST in a shared folder.

> i copied all data form
> \documents and setting \johndoe..etc to \documents and
> settings\administrator and i can read all the folders and contacts
> however i do not have the email account settings can i import this
> information somehow without having to set up the accounts again
> (which means trying to find the passwords and soforth)

The account information is stored in the Registry.  The Office Save My
Settings Wizard can help you save that data.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

invalid email address