Email access on home network - Outlook or OE

I have 2 home PCs networked on windows XP. One is the gateway to the
internet.

I would like to be able to acess , read , send emails from both PCs .

Can i setup a network path on one pc (the none gatesway) to the mail boxes
on the other ?

Happy to use either Outlook or Outlook Express , if one supports this better
than the other.

Thanks in advance

0
Greg7070 (1)

"Greg Roberts" <Greg@NOSPAMvirgilsoft.com> wrote in

> I have 2 home PCs networked on windows XP. One is the gateway to the
> internet.
>
> I would like to be able to acess , read , send emails from both PCs .
>
> Can i setup a network path on one pc (the none gatesway) to the mail
> boxes on the other ?
>
> Happy to use either Outlook or Outlook Express , if one supports this
> better than the other.

Outlook will allow you to store the mailfile (.PST file) on a network
drive, OE won't (.dbx files).

I don't think Outlook will allow two users to access the same .PST file at
the same time, though.
0
nospam5378 (17)
9/9/2003 1:44:01 PM
"Greg Roberts" <Greg@NOSPAMvirgilsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 home PCs networked on windows XP. One is the gateway to the
> internet.
>
> I would like to be able to acess , read , send emails from both PCs .
>
> Can i setup a network path on one pc (the none gatesway) to the mail
> boxes on the other ?
>
> Happy to use either Outlook or Outlook Express , if one supports this
> better than the other.
>
> Thanks in advance

On both computers open OE and click Tools | Accounts.
Double click the mail account and go to the Advanced tab.
Check the options to leave a copy on the server and to delete from the
server after 5 days.  You can change the number, but if you don't check the
option your mailbox on the server will fill up and you will be unable to
receive new messages.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email

invalid email address

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Reporting from Project Server

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Emails #3