email #64

All of a sudden I am not able to send/receive emails via
outlook.  When I "Test" in the setup it says it finds my
incoming and outgoing server, but can't receive or send
test message.  I installed SP3 and it worked once
afterwards and then stopped working again!! I've got the
same email account accessible through a web based email
service and have confirmed that the problem is not with
my provider. Any clues?
0
adaters (1)

Adam,

Make sure your smtp address is correct for your outgoing
mail.  Does the error message you get say it can't find
your server, or that it doesn't recognize you as a user
or what.  Post it here and let me look at it.  In the
meantime, in the username and password make sure it is
also exact.  Some hosts require it to say
Ryanuser@hishost.com.  Some just want it to say Ryanuser
and then the password.  Be sure your username and
password are correct.
If neither of those two options work, I've been told to
complete delete that email account and then re-add it,
then close outlook and open it again before using.  That
has worked for me before as well.  Many times it is a
problem with your host's outgoing mail server.  Call them
and they can tell you each exact item and format that
should go in each of the email account fields.  You might
even want to do this last step first before wasting time
on the first options above.

Let me know.  You can contact me at my website:
AttorneyCop.com

Good luck!

-Rob

How to email attached files
I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files. I am unable to send extra files with the DoCmd.SendObject function. Those somebody have a suggestion. Thank you -- Eric Hi Have a look at this http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/809c6cba6d0e7caf/445aa650bc1c610c?q=access+sendobject+wayne+group:microsoft.public.access -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ericb" wrote: > I need to send an email with attached files (not the da...

Message Rule
Hello, I have a client who receives duplicate email ... sometimes as many as 20 a day. He only really needs to see the first occurance. He is often out of the office, so I am wanting to "forward" or "re-direct" his email to his cell phone. But I don't want to send all 20 emails to him, just want to send him the first occurance. Is there a way to set up a message rule that will effectively ignore all duplicate email, and only for that calendar day? Any help appreciated. TIA Marshall ...

Address book #64
In Outlook Express I was able to have seperate groupings of addresses but that seems not possible in Outlook. Is there a way to do so? Outlook does not do "groups" - it uses Distribution Lists instead. A much better method is using Categories. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bob H asked: | In Outlook Express I was able to have seperate groupings of addresses | but that seems not possible in Outlook. ...

Restrict Users sending to specific email addresses (Exch 2003)
We have some ex-employees with personal email addresses that we don't want our employees to be able to send to. Is there a way to prohibit users from sending to specific email addresses? I've already tried adding the user to the Recipient Filtering within Message Delivery, but messages do go through. Also I have applied the filters on our Default SMTP Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated. I'd try adding a contact in AD for that user and then setup restrictions on it. I suspect the check name would then resolve the SMTP address to the contact :-) If that works you could ...

1 domain and 2 email servers
Hi All, There are 2 domains: domain1.com domain2.com Each domain has there own email server. Now we purchase a 3rd domain: domain3.com. I need to setup email address for both companies to have a @domain3.com address. I can get this work fine with one mail server as I have the MX record pointing to it but how do I get it to work for both mail servers. Thanks. JN You really should consolidate Exchange but in the meantime: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "JN" <jnsimex@rogers.com> wrote in message news:elEYkbEVGHA.5828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Unable to delete email
Here's a weird one. I am unable to delete any emails the way I used to in Outlook 2007. The delete button is grayed out and disabled when a message is selected. The delete key doesn't work. The only thing that does is control-delete to permanently delete a message. I don't recall making changes. Some problems I originally had were with Kaspersky but I disabled its spam checker. I used scanpst on this file, which opens fine. I created a new fresh pst and dragged all the emails and folders into it and still I can't delete emails the normal way. Anyone see this before? Using Vis...

Email attachment too big
I constantly run into problems with sending attachments that are too big to send. I receive them easily, but cannot send or forward them. For example, I received a slide show & tried to forward it. It was called 'enormous' & >5mb. How do I expand the attachment capability & why can I receive these & not send them?????????? HELP! Boo wrote: > I constantly run into problems with sending attachments that are too big to > send. I receive them easily, but cannot send or forward them. For example, > I received a slide show & tried to ...

Email slow to leave Outbox
Outlook XP connected thorugh a VPN to and Exchange server. Messages stay in Outbox for approximately 2 minutes before being sent. I tried selecting a different folder in Outlook and this does not help. I also tried dirrent user accounts and I get the same results. If you are attached via outlook on the same subnet you don't experience this problem. I tried booting the Server an that did no good. I checked the VPN and all seem good. I can ping I can net view the other exchange servers. I checked for any locked accounts. The mail goes it just takes awhile for it to leve the queue. Th...

mysterious URL link in reply emails only ??
I am trying to help someone with a strange to me Outlook issue. Outlook 2003 SP3 on XP Pro SP2 laptop using Exchange 2003 SP2 email server. If the user sends someone an email then everything is as expected. However when someone replies to him then in the reply email there is an extra URL link shown at the end of his signiature. It is a LinkedIn URL for a former employee. This is driving him nuts and I can not figure it out. I checked his one and only email signiature and can not find any reference to the extra link URL there. It seems as it is happening on his end in his Outlook config...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Displaying Email Address in Exchange 2003
Hi, I have a user who using Outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. She has 2 email address's. She would like to see in the TO field which address the email was sent to. All that is displayed now is the top level AD user name. She cannot tell which email address the mail was sent to. I have searched the archives but came up empty? Is there anyway to do this? Thanks in advance. you can usually see that in the internet header information, if it was an email that came from the outside... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <spoliskey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1175637848.933220.115...

office oputlook 2003 email acct setup error
I am getting a 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <email address> error when I try to send an email. I can't get a test email to be sent w/ email actt setup. I have all updates, but my ISP says I need a an update or patch. Please help. ...

Embedded pictures in email won't print
Pictures in email will not print, only a red X. Computer has Outlook 2003 SP1, W2k SP3. I have other computers where this is not an issue. I have made sure that all internets settings are set to default, but to no avail. Does anyone have a concrete solution? LF ...

Deliver emails after reboot
We are on Windows 2003 (cluster) with Exchange 2003. My problem is we performed a reboot this past weekend and once exchange is back up I see over 4,000 emails from Feb. 9th that are just now being sent to the users. I want to know if any one has any idea as to why this has happened? Also, how can I pervent this from happening again? "mzalj" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >We are on Windows 2003 (cluster) with Exchange 2003. My problem is we >performed a reboot this past weekend and once exchange is back up I see >over 4,000 emails from Feb. 9th that are just now ...

Unable to send or receive messages for the {email} acct
I have 5 email accounts in Live Mail and today all of them are getting this message: Unable to send or receive messages for the {email} account. The connection to the server has failed. Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E I have tried removing and adding the accounts but get the same error. It would be hard to believe 5 different providers are having server problems: Hotmail, Gmail and Comcast. Any assistance is appreciated. AV program scanning email incoming/outgoing ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

junk mail
I have recently started to receive lots of junk mail. The only thing that these emails have in common is that there is no text in the email body, only a picture (with text in the picture of course!). Is there an Outlook 2003 rule that I can set to mark as junk any email with only picture in the email body. Thanks in advance. Steve Steve_Wood <SteveWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is > there an Outlook 2003 rule that I can set to mark as junk any email > with only picture in the email body. No. You can't control what the junk mail filter sees as junk. You ...

Epson Action Laser & Win 7-64 bit
I think the answer is using my AL 1500 is a lost cause, but here goes. I have this fancy new custom built PC with Win7- 64 bit HP and I love it and the OS so far. What I didn't realize when I ordered the PC with the Asus motherboard is that there's no parallel port. My 15 yr old Epson Action Laser 1500 is my workhorse, but I haven't been able to trick Windows into thinking it's an HP LaserJet III like some folks have been able to do. I got an LPT to USB cable and in hooking it up, Windows shows Unidentified Printing Device, and "this device is working p...

can't send emails
Hi there! I've looked to all posts here and didn't find an answer to my problem. I've got following error while trying to send an email from CRM Web - Client: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : A SOAP error occurred: '80040154Class not registered ' Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h Line Number: 47 Date: 10-21-2005 Time: 15:54:38 Type: Platform Error (2) Server: crm Query String: /Activities/Email/ed...

How to post an email message created in Outlook to a newsgroup
Hi, I need to be able to create an email message using Outlook 2003 and on the to/cc list to include a variety of email recipients and newsgroups. Can this be done - i.e. "post" to a newsgroup an email message created in Outlook? PS - I have been able to do this with other email clients. Thanks. ...

how to disable yes/no prompt when mapi is used to send email
I am using compaq insight manager which has the abiolity to sent email alert via the mapi profile with outlook for XP. The problem is a warning pops up saying thisis a VB script and may be a virus sending this email. press yes or no to send. I need to disable this so the emails can be sent automatically. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Spam email filtering via Real-Time Block List: did I do this correctly?
Since I've never really worked with Exchange Server before, I just wanted to verify that I added spamhaus.org correctly. http://216.89.218.233/public/exchange-server-screen-cap-1.gif If not, what do I need to change? Thanks, Adam http://www.searchenginefriendlylayouts.com/ Looks right to me. However I might suggest you use sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org instead. I also use bl.spamcop.net and cbl.abuseat.org. They all do thing just a little bit differently and I have not noted any latency issues using all three. SEFL wrote: > Since I've never really worked with Exchange Server before,...

TO and CC email addresses hidden when forwarding an email [Outlook 2007]
Dear all, I've encountered a problem when forwarding emails in Outlook 2007. Any help much appreciated! When forwarding an email using Outlook 2007, only the names of the recipients of the recipients are given in the forwarded message (from "-----Original Message-----" downwards); the FROM field contains a "mailto" URL with an email address, but the TO and CC fields give no email addresses. (There are no hidden hyperlinks that encode the email addresses.) Is there a setting that changes this? I have looked through all the settings and could not find one! Thanks a l...

Routing of emails to queue
Hi! Most of the support cases in our organization is coming from users in the same domain and on the same exchangeserver as MS CRM (1.2). Any suggestions how to set up the config so that emails to helpdesk gets into the proper queue? At the moment only emails from "outside" gets there. Hi Per! As long as i know it's not possible to send emails from inside. If it's possible in crm 3.0 i don't know exactly. Steffen "Per" <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5E9656AC-87F7-4309-965B-C377891D3141@microsoft.com... > Hi! > >...

email server
Hi All, Is it possible to run MS CRM on a win2k3 box, with active directory, sql, etc BUT use MAC OSx as a mail server? One of our clients is adament... :( Thanks in advance! Mike Yes, but they will have no email functionality to/from CRM Only Exchange 2000/2003 will do it all Peter L "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@nospam.etypemedia.co.uk> wrote in message news:05cd3474fc6e4cd856b0822c233dbe90@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi All, > Is it possible to run MS CRM on a win2k3 box, with active directory, sql, > etc BUT use MAC OSx as a mail server? > > One...