email #53

how do i change my outlook 2003 so when i read an email
it does not automatically delete?  thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Your previously read messages are probably just hidden, not gone.  Check
View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"?  If so, that explains
the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it
disappears when an "unread messages" view is set.  Change the view back to
Messages and your hidden messages should reappear.

Also, make sure you're not sorting your Inbox on the Icon column, which can
also appear to hide messages.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:28cd001c4642a$eb5b26c0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
molly wrote:

> how do i change my outlook 2003 so when i read an email
> it does not automatically delete?  thanks

When i spell check an email Microsoft Installer pops up..
and says it is configuring Microsoft Works 2000. It just stays on this and then lots of error messages pop up. If i cancel this it then says an error occured while the spelling was being checked. Can anyone help me please. Have you done a repair already on both Office and Works (if installed)? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Julian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10d5501c440a7$7c339d50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > and says it is configur...

i can't send emails , but i can receive emails
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'yahoo', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.de', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 77.238.184.85 (77.238.184.85:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 Wrong port number and SSL option. You need to change your settings to agree with the ones specified by yahoo.de. See http://help.yahoo.com/l/de/yahoo/mail/pop/basics/pop-06.html Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) -----------------------------------------------...

Lost email messages that were moved
I created a new Personal Folder (PST) and move emails from my old inbasket into it. When I click on the new PST, my emails are not there and they're gone from my old inbox. Where did they go??? HELP? "Albert Syeles" wrote in news:d0ca01c3ba92$e2c99880$a601280a@phx.gbl: > I created a new Personal Folder (PST) and move emails > from my old inbasket into it. When I click on the new > PST, my emails are not there and they're gone from my old > inbox. Where did they go??? > HELP? Check what view you are using. Check that you didn't accidentally drag t...

Problem emailing verizon users
I've used Windows Mail under Vista successfully for several years. Now, in the last 2-3 months, people with verizon.net email addresses no longer receive my emails. Everyone else does. I can receieve their email, however. Can anyone help with this? What happens when you reply to a received message? Does it never get there? Do you get a rejection message? Did the recipient check the server side spam filters? steve "Chaspo" <Chaspo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ECE62F1-CA4F-4804-86BA-B77FDA82D343@microsoft.com... > I've use...

Empty email....Message is revealed only upon reply-to
Hello All, I've got a strange problem. Scenario is Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 Server. Email received from a customer seems to be blank. Without test. But If I make a replay-to text appears in the message. I've checked encoding and it's ok. There's a trick? Thanks Stefano ...

Some emails Hung up in Notes mailbox, some are being sent though?? Updated Notes Connector
I need everyone to still have access to Notes, simply because we have 10+ years of data in there, and they will need access to it every day. So I found a way to eliminate their mail accoutn in notes, and have their emails get forwarded to Exchange. But, i have one accoutn that works perfect every time. 2 of the other accounts, it seems that the email is held up in the exchange.box, and just sits there? a few of the other accounts work spiratically? I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, the newest Notes Connector, Domino 7, Notes Client 6.5.1 on the Exchange Server, Server 2003 SP1 w/lat...

External Email
Hi I can send email internally within the CRM domain. However, I cannot send or receive emails to/from other domains. I have used the Repair option of the CRM server installation to ensure that I have entered the correct SMTP server but it still does not work. Any other suggestions please? -- Sleep when you''''re dead!! I have had the same issue and have abandoned it temporarily until someone solves this. In the interim I am using the OUtlook client with great success. I guess the question is why do you want to use CRM email natively? If you are comfortable with simpl...

Emails do not enter in queue
Dear all, Ms CRM 4.0 + CRM Email router + update 3 I set up an email queue for mailbox "help@mycompany.com" configured to create an email activity for all messages (using email connector) Due to internal reasons, in my database the account and its primary contact have always the same email address. The problem is that when a primary contact sends an email to "help@mycompany.com" the email does not enter in the queue. My feeling is that the CRM cannot resolve the sender of the email (it finds 1 account and 1 contact having the email address) and refuses to track it. ...

Outlook 2007;I have accidentally deleted my message on my email se
I was using Outlook 2007 to transfer my email messages from email server to Outlook, but it accidentally deleted my original email on the server. I need to return the emails back to email server. How can I do this? "director@illyrianimport.com" <director@illyrianimport.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA9185B5-5D0A-47E5-A701-6904D09C10DC@microsoft.com... >I was using Outlook 2007 to transfer my email messages from email server to > Outlook, but it accidentally deleted my original email on the server. I > need > to return the ...

email adresses public folders
When we create public folders, exchange automaticly associates an email address to it. for example... when i create a public folder called "clients" for holding clients addresses, exchange automaticly associates the email address clients@domain to it. I do not want this to happen automaticly. How do i disable this? It is fine to have some folders associated with an email address, but i just do not want it to happen automaticly upon creation. On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:50:01 -0700, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When we create public folders, exchange a...

Word as my email editor
I have installed my old version Mcrosoft Office 2000 on my new computer, but my computor also came with a free trial for Microsoft Office 2003 which i have not activated. Under tools in my microsoft Outllook 2000 I have clicked on use Word as my email editor. However, when ever I open a new message I receive the message: "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or canot be found." I am perfectly happy with Microft Office 2000 an I don't want to upgrade to Office 2003. How can I resolve this so I can use Word as my email editor. Thanks DH d.hoffman ...

Delete Email Message
Exchange 5.5 SP 4 I had a user accidentally send an email message to a LARGE DL. Needless to say everyone that received the message in error is "replying to all" generating thousands of worthless emails. Is there anything that can be done to automatically delete this email from user mailboxes based on subject line or something. Any assistance would be appreciated. open the sending mailbox, go to sent items and locate the message, open it, go to actions -> recall massege. this will mark the messege for deletion, and any try to open the messege by people who hevent read the ...

Problem adding email account in outlook 2002
problem adding hotmail account to outlook 2002 From: "brandpoints" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 1/21/2004 7:43:42 AM I'm running into a problem UNSUCCESSFULLY connecting to hotmail after adding a hotmail address to my Outlook 2002 email accounts. I've successfully added one previously and have double checked all the setup information is correct (http server, email address, pw, etc.). I can add the account but not connect to the mailbox. I get a "timeout from server" message. I've been trying to troubleshoot this but ca...

Sending a group email?
Hello all, I have Outlook XP (2002) on my home PC running XP home. Simple set up with no additional add-ons. Is there a way to set up a group of email addresses so I can send email to the group without having to add each email address individually? If so how? I'll have a group of about 12 friends I'll need to email often and don't want to have to add each address each time I want to send the group an email. I would assume this can easily be done, but don't have any idea how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help... Make a new Personal Distibution List in your c...

Two Computers on the same network using the one email address!
Hi, I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook 2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003. Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with out all mail going to one or other computer?? I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up. Thanks -- Val Assuming a POP3 account; Configure your account settings to leave a copy on the server. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.how...

problems with Yahoo email & sbcglobal internet service
I have a Yahoo e-mail address and sbcglobal internet service. How can I set up outlook? I keep getting error message. Please help http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133141033.aspx "Dottie" <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F328B0-28AB-4F58-911C-A01C955D30A3@microsoft.com... >I have a Yahoo e-mail address and sbcglobal internet service. How can I >set > up outlook? I keep getting error message. Please help I am having the same problem. I have AOL and added that fine, but when I put my yahoo email and passwor...

Emailing invoices
I'm on vr 9. Is there the option of emailing invoices to clients? If so, where is it at? Thanks Merle wrote: > I'm on vr 9. Is there the option of emailing invoices to clients? If so, > where is it at? > > Thanks Hi, Dynamics GP offers different options when it comes to output an actual report in GP : either TXT format, HTML, CSV or TAB delimited... but none of them offer a formatted output (i.e. brut text, no alignment) Your best choice is to go with the traditional PDF format which can be achieved quite easily by installing one of many free PDF pri...

How to track the email... whether.. is arrived or not..
Hi, Our office is using Exchange 5.5.. my problem is how can we track whether our mail that has been sent is arrived or not.. cam we monitor it..Please help... "Hidzuan" <hidzuan@msn.com> wrote: >Hi, >Our office is using Exchange 5.5.. my problem is how can >we track whether our mail that has been sent is arrived or >not.. cam we monitor it..Please help... Easiest is to turn up IMS logging to see what's coming in from a given domain and how many local recipients it's got. Also the IMS at medium will tell you who on your domain is sending to what domai...

Outlook send emails
I have two problems that I am unable to resolve myself and wonder if anyone can offer helpful advice. 1. I have two email users on my computer one can send and receive emails very easily the other can receive emails but for an unknown reason is unable to send. The details box is shown on screen but when we see the progress complete message the emails remain in the out box and I don't understand why can you help. 2 not really an out look problem but I seem unable to change the configuration of my keyboard from American to English - most issues can be got arount but we don't h...

+ (in a box) to the left of the "from" field on email
I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from field. It then posts all future emails to that original one with the + and box. How do I get rid of the + and box? "KFDUTCH" <KFDUTCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4691B596-6262-49A0-A389-C9E2F564C67E@microsoft.com... >I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from > field. It then posts all future emails to that original one with the + > and > box. How do I get rid of the + and box? Alt V V G. -- Regards Steve. MS-M...

Opening a Word file or Outlook email from Exel
Hi I am creating a document catalogue in xl, listing documenst of several types, e.g. xls, doc, msg, pdf etc I have the code to open xls files from excel, and the code for word dobuments. However a couple three things I am seeking: 1. Code to open and Outlook Email file from xl. 2. Code to open and Outlook Email file from xl. 3. Word. Currently the code will open a Word document, but it opens another Word program each time. I am looking for code which will figure out if Word is already open, and if so, only open the file requested, not an entire new Word program. If anyone can help in the...

intermittant: internal email Messages queued in deferred delivery queue
Hello all, I run Exchange server 2003 on Windows Small Business Server 2003. There is this intermittant problem where internal email is being put in the deferred delivery queue (and the user did not ask for a deferred delivery), and the options to freeze, unfreeze and force the queue are all greyed out. Nice. Also, I've been seeing email error messages returned to the user saying "exchange server couldn't deliver your message within the specified period", this again happens occasionally for internal email only, and after 3 days. But this could just be a symptom of the prob...

Using Word As Email Editor
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Why can't I copy/paste a table from a word docx into an email? Once pasted into the email, the document loses all formatting - including the table? On 2/9/10 3:55 PM, in article 59bb28f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Aun_Dohadwala@officeformac.com" <Aun_Dohadwala@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why can't I copy/paste a table from a word docx into an email? Once pasted > into the email, the document loses all formatting - including the table? Entourage does not ha...

outlook 2002 not hanging up when starting word as email editor
I am having problems creating a new email with Microsoft word as my email editor. it was working, now it is not. When I change to plain text it will send an email. Any suggestions? should I do a system restore to when it was working properly? Thanks, Mx-Mom I have found the possible solution to the problem. If you have Norton Antivirus 2003 installed read the Microsoft KnowledgeBase item listed here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;329820 (just cut and paste this address into your address field. It states when your turn off the Norton AV plug-in you will a...

duplicate emails #29
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C8_01C57A40.2466CE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am using yahoo e-mail's pop3 service on my outlook 2003. Sometimes, I receive duplicate emails for everything. I was wondering why that happens. Is it something that can be fix. I do send and receive automatically every minute. If you guys have answer please let me know. Ankit Shah ------=_NextPart_000_00C8_01C57A40.2466CE20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encodi...