EMAIL #14

I have Outlook 2000.  I go through my email messages
daily, and delete the ones I'm not interested in.  About
once a week I then go to my deleted folder and delete the
messages that have accumulated there.  For some reason,
all of a sudden all of my deleted emails seem to re-appear
as new, unread mail in my incoming messages to the point
where I could get 1200 of these at a time that had been
previously deleted over the course of one month to several
months.  When this happens, there is not way I can stop it
and I literally have to wait until all of these deleted
messages come in (they still have the original email dates
assigned to them).  I get all the junk email that comes
into the company, and this is the stuff that keeps coming
back.  Does anyone have any idea why this keeps happening
to me??  I have had several people look at my computer and
none of them can figure it out!
0
anonymous (74722)

On 10/22/2003 5:03 PM, Lisa wrote:

> I have Outlook 2000.  I go through my email messages
> daily, and delete the ones I'm not interested in.  About

What's the account type?  IMAP, POP3 or Exchange?

Alex

--
-( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )-

0
yua (62)

Sending mail #14
I have just decided to give Outlook a try. I have set up the account and am receiving mail. However I am unable to sent mail. It just sits in the outbox and clicking on send doesn't help. I have been using OE and have imported the address book. Any suggestions would be appreciated. what errors does it report in the send/receive dialog? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

animation in email
A couple of years ago I found a way to animate my signature in an email message with fire works or blinking dots like confetti or something. I am unable to find it now. Does anyone know what I am talking about or could maybe help me? That just an animated GIF file. Add it to the signature. "deedee" <deedeegi@intergate.com> wrote in message news:035d01c35540$55145690$a301280a@phx.gbl... > A couple of years ago I found a way to animate my > signature in an email message with fire works or blinking > dots like confetti or something. > I am unable to find it now. D...

Cannot reply or forward email
When I access my work email via the internet I can no longer reply to or forward emails. I can still create and open and email. Did I somehow change a setting? ...

replying to email deletes original message
can anyone help with this problem. everytime I reply to an email that is sent to me, the original disappears from my computer. Outlook 2000 on WinMe Is it deleted or just hidden as you have a view applied, such as "Unread Messages?" --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Douglas Norton asked: | can anyone help with this problem. everytime I repl...

Multiple email accounts #15
I am tryiing to find out how many email accounts can you setup in Outlook2007. From what i see you can only have 2. Any more than that won't show. -- Mrnbooc "mrnbooc" <mrnbooc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D534405-53EF-4231-9FE5-5B13BE4EED94@microsoft.com... >I am tryiing to find out how many email accounts can you setup in > Outlook2007. From what i see you can only have 2. Any more than that > won't > show. > -- > Mrnbooc > > If they are all pop accounts then NONE of them will "show". I'm presuming...

How do I get other email form my other accounts to show up
I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up on my outlook and I have an email with my university, I would like to show up on my outlook. Is this possible and how if it is? How to Configure Outlook with Hotmail http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287424 How do I add a POP3 email account in MS Outlook 2003? http://support.ephost.com/Customer/KBArticle.aspx?articleid=3 "MIKE25" <MIKE25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC42F32B-FCB4-42C3-AA1D-E29D3E314DCA@microsoft.com... >I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up ...

Missing email address tab
We are missing the email address tab from ADUC of a mail enabled account. Exchange 2000 Server. ...

Hyperlink link in workflow emails (CRM 4.0)
Hi, Got so many articles but all are perfect. Using CRM 4.0. I would like to include hyperlink in Workflow email. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&tid=bbf7c5cf-4a61-45b4-a8e7-8c37eebcffed&cat=en_US_f9cb8267-48ed-4f92-9f39-209bbcb29eb1&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1 Issue is: Email generated through workflow, but the http... shows as plain text, not as hyperlink. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -mac Hello John, Did you copy and paste in a hyperlink, or type in the url? You may want to copy and paste a hyper...

Appointment Emails on a blackberry
For some reason, appointment emails that are created using CRM are now coming up as unreadable on our blackberries. Is there any way to fix this? I think before the email was able to be read and replied to from the blackberry but now they cannot. Thanks Ken UPDATE: the emails sent to the blackberries come up with "Unsupported media type in header" in the body of the message. thanks ...

Junk email protection grayed out
I have a user who's "Junk Email Protection" stopped working and the menu item is now grayed out. The database is fine. You can still use the junk email button. But the Junk Filter doesn't work automatically and there is now way to turn it on because the Menu item is grayed out. I'm stumped as to why. Any ideas? ...

Automatic opening folders of unread email
I use to be able to assign a designated folder where an email is stored upon receipt. That folder then opened so I would know that I had unread mail. Now the folder does not open, and I am unaware of the fact that I have new, unread email. Does anyone know how to set this feature up? ...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

Adding an email account to Outlook Express 6
I have followed the directions provided in adding my account. The email address I am trying to add is actually a Netscape email account (provided at work.) I would rather use Outlook for my emails for obvious reasons. Set up as POP3, no auth req. I am getting an error message when I click send/rec and when I try to send an email from Outlook. Anyone?? The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was "my email addrss.net'". Subject '', Account: 'mail.wacoinc.net', Server: 'smtpout...

Replicating User signatures for emails
When setting up a new user, our company's policy is to create a custom signature for sending out email that includes the employee's name, company's name, phone& fax number, etc. Currently, our users can access email via Outlook at their desktops, Outlook over HTTP on their laptops, OWA, or logging into our Term Server and accessing Outlook there. We do not use roaming profiles. Currently, the employee has to repeat the process of customizing their signature for each of the above instances, which means doing it 3 or 4 times. Is there a way of automating this process cur...

customer DB email address query
I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers email addresses so I can send one single email to all of them. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks! I have a report for HQ Mgr that will generate a listing of all of your customers within RMS that have an email address assigned. You would use this report (filter so email <> (blank)) then generate and export. Do you have an address where I can send it? -- Jocelyn "zoostation" wrote: > I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers > email addr...

Anyway to Setup Outlook Email Account for just outgoing mail?
Hi Everyone, I was trying to figure out a way to setup an email account in outlook with only SMTP information and no POP server information. Currently when I try to do that, I cannot click on NEXT in the setup wizard window without filling out some information in the POP box. Basically what I am trying to accomplish is a SEND ONLY account in Outlook. The incoming emails are received on another machine and I don't want this computer to pick any emails or even hit the pop server for that matter. Sincerely, Mans. Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive-> butto...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, I am sending emails in outlook through excel with voting buttons. But, whenever I vote using voting buttons in outlook, Email body gets deleted when the voting response email is sent. Is there any outlook property that I can use to keep the email body when the voting responses are sent? So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay w...

email my calendar
Is there any way I can send my daily/weekly calendar with details to my friends other than post my calendar on the net? Thanks for help! LJ Try one of the solutions on this page: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print I personally like the MyOutlookCalendar for its configuration options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, L.J. asked: | I...

Exchange server playingup
Hi, My SBS2003/Exchange server has just started playing up. External emails (stored on an ISP mailbox) are suddenly starting to take hours to arrive. I can see them via the Webmail to my ISP, but its almost as if my exchange server is not grabbing them. Is there an audit log of when it goes out to get emails and the status of the email fetches to help me see where the problem is? Many thanks in advance Check your SMTP logs and look in event viewer to see if there is any indication as to the problem. Try checking SMTP connectivity to your server from an external source. Nue "Jaff...

Printing only ONE PAGE of a mutltiple page email
How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an answer. Candy Candy wrote: > How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I > can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an > answer. > > Candy > Candy, I use Outlook 2002, an when I File/Print, a dialog comes up that lets me select the printer, how many copies, and which pages to print. I'd select page 1 to 1 and say OK. If I just click the print butt...

resizing pictures for email gets "Not implemented" popup
When I right click on a picture and select send to mail recipient I get the window that asks if I would like to resize the picture to be smaller. I say yes, and in a few seconds get a popup saying "Not implemented". I'm running Office 2003 ...

Pre-Format email with addresses for supversior (Actions Buttons)
Is there a way a user can create an email in Outlook XP (using exchange server) that can contain pre addressing. Msg be saved then included in another msg to a supervisor where by when open the supervisor can reveiw orginal msg and then using action buttons, send the email out under their email address. Create the message and save it. Drag it into your Drafts folder. Then create the message to the supervisor and drag the first message into it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers h...

how do you set up auto email?
I want to send a message to a dist. list every morning. how do I do this in Outlook? I've looked everywhere. thanks. http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm should point you in the right direction. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer tammy <cartamax@cox.net> asked: | I want to send a message to a dist. list every morning. | how do I do this in Outlook? I've looked everywhere. | thanks. ...

Outgoing Emails
My Outlook stopped sending out my emails. I can receive, but I cannot send. I have updated and reloaded. Nothing works. Any help? ...

Excel and Email Question
I have a spreadsheet that is mailed to me everyday. From that sheet I copy some of the info and paste it into my own spreadsheet. Is there a way to automate this process so that my work sheet updates when I open the daily email? Thanks Hi DW It can be done but first you need to remove the file from the Mail. In Outlook you can do this with code but if you use Outlook express you need a program to do it Tell me what Mail program you use??? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "DW" <dwill16@lsu.edu> wrote in message news:02b001c39274...