email #11

I have a user that wants to get email from inside our
main office using Exchange and Outlook 2000.  We do not
want her to have to RAS in or VPN in.  We have SBS 4.5
i.e. Exchange 5.5.  Can we setup Exchange to forward her
internal mail to an outside mailbox on an ISP.  How do we
do that most efficently. We are setup with a DSL line and
firewall/router that sends all SMTP mail via an MX record
at our ISP to our Exchange server.  The outside user has
a ??????@ntelos.net address and can send and receive mail
mail from her ISP mailbox without any problems using her
current Outlook settings.  I just need to know how to
have Exchange 5.5 forward her inside mail to an outside
mailbox, or if there is a better way what is it?

one user cannot receive email
Hi I have exchange 2000. One of my user using outlook 2003 has tried to send a email with a attachment of 500 MB. apparently the mail didn't go through but jammed her mailbox. I went in and deleted her sent items but still no use. She is not getting any emails in her inbox from that time. I can see emails coming to her through my spam firewall but i don't see them in her inbox. How to fix this problem? Due to this, my OWA has stopped working, how to fix this? kpm Stop and restart all exchange services. Have you user write "I promise never to send attachments over 5MB.&quo...

Can't receive emails from adresses with an apostrophe in the address
We converted from Lotus Note to Exchange 2000/Outlook as our email system. Now people that we reqularly exchanged email with can no longer send us email. They all bounce back. The common denomiator is an apostrophe in the email adress like maryO'Keith@myco.com. Preciate any help Thank John ...

Multiple mouse clicks when deleting emails and only pressing left mouse button
I have changed the mouse and slowed down the 8 bit buss access speed on the motherboard, and when I delete the excess emails uning the left mouse button, sometimes, most of the time, two or more emails will disappear when the left mouse button has only been pressed once. Very bad, Please help to resolve this issue. ...

can't send emails from web
how come I can't send e-mails by responding to a web - email address. It simply doesn't send. I use gmail. What am I supposed to do. Have onlyt basic knowledge of IT "jutta bennett" <jutta391@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e%23%23TJw1sKHA.5904@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how come I can't send e-mails by responding to a web - email address. It > simply doesn't send. > I use gmail. What am I supposed to do. Have onlyt basic knowledge of IT Ensure that WM has all its defaults set. Start menu or Control Panel>Default Programs>set p...

Email and DNS
OK I am at wits end and I hope someone can help me...granted I am new at this. first here is my dns report.... http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=onteorasoftware.net I have a domain called KJM.ds I created for my active directory install (WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise). I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I created a zone called onteorasoftware.net to handle web site inquiries for this site. I added to the recipient policy in Exchange to include onteorasoftware.net Now I am trying to create it so that there is mail.onteorasoftware.net that can send and receive email fo...

deleting single email
I am new to Exchange 2000 (Come from a Groupwise background); This is my issue, I have 1 user who has tried many times to delete one email that will not disapear. Is the a way using Exchange System Manager or some other free utility that I can delete this message with? Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays JP hold down the shift key and then delete the message Bill She has done that but when ever she goes back in to Outlook the message is there. "billy-tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E788950B-D14F-4DAE-81E1-201B1E91CA91@microsoft.com... &g...

last email crashes Outlook
The very last email I received now crashes Outlook (2000). Unfortunatelly preview of email is turned on. All this means that whenever I now start outlook it activates that last email and crashes straight away before I could change any of the settings. Is there any way to delete an individual email without opening outlook (that may be a silly question) or change some setting so that the default folder isn't the Inbox (again this needs to be done without having to open Outlook)? Any other way to get rid of the culprit email? many thanks, Ollyvya ---------------------------------------...

Importing email messages from Entourage to Outlook 2002
Hi, Can someone explain how to export email messages from Entourage 2001 (mac) and to import them afterwards to Outlook 2002 (winXP)? Thanx in advance. Fernando ...

sending email 03-17-10
an email sending is blocked because of a wrong email so how do you get this email canceled. Open the Outbox folder. Delete any messages you see there. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "horseradice07netherlands" = <horseradice07netherlands@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:15BF2E99-9156-45F4-8197-A9F639886059@microsoft.com... > an email sending is blocked because of a wrong email so how do you get = this=20 > email canceled. ...

Windows 7 64bit, Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Email attachment issue
Windows 7 64bit, Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Email attachment issues. When I try to attach a word document to an email I get the error: Word has encountered a problem. There is a problem saving the file. Usually this is because the disk or floppy disk is too small for the file oris full, Ram memory is low, or there is a permission prblem witht he drive the file is being saved to. I can just close the error message and keep working and everything works fine, but it will come up everytime I attach a Word Document. I have tried the following to fix this with no success: 1) Mad...

Pivot tables #11
I've never got the hang of pivot tables. It's as if there's just one fundamental concept that I've missed. Can anyone recommend a good intro on the internet. Thanks. Tod Here are a few links: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html John Walkenbach also has some at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm (look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database) Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.ht...

emailing with publisher 2003
has anybody tried emailing an email newsletter through publiser 2003? i ve done it any successfully opened it with outlook and hotmail but when i use lotus notes all i see is text from the newsletter but no formatting, images.. just like notepad!! anybody know of a fix? thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from mrDalvin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > has anybody tried emailing an email newsletter through > publiser 2003? i ve done it any successfully opened it > with outlook and hotmail but when i use lotus notes all i ...

How can I keep a Forwarded Publisher email from scrambling?
I have created a Publisher Doc that I am attempting to send as the body of an Outlook email. When I test the doc (by sending to myself) it looks great. If I try to forward or reply it jumbles the body of the Publisher doc. How can I keep the Body of the email from scrambling in a Forward or a Reply? ...

help with email
i am tring to get my email address sorted out, i have just got an email address through outlook and when i try to send an email it comes back with "please vertify the email address with your account properties" dont know what this means or what to do to fix it can anyone please help with this question? You don't get email addresses from Outlook. You get them from your service provider and set up the account in Outlook according to the server settings they give you. Look up 'Add email account' in Help. "lionpeach" wrote: > i am tring to get my ema...

When Replying, new email uses name of emailer from old email rather then contacts.
To explain this further. When someone sends me an email it comes in saying: from: Mr Xiao Xia Xxia@chinanet.com I have in my contacts: Freddy Xia with the email address Xxia@chinanet.com When i reply to that email, it uses the name he sends as, rather then the name i have chosen to sort him as. When i use my Mac computer with Entourage 2004, the behaviour is how i expect it to be, it uses the name from my contacts. But in Outlook 2003, it does not. Is there a way to change Outlooks behaviour in this scenario? Regards, Jamie Replies always use the address of the sender. That's w...

Exchange and bounce back emails
Hello everyone, I have recently setup an exchange 2003 server. Email seems to be working properly people can send and receive mail. But my client has been driving me nuts. Some users claim that some messages are being bounced back to the originating senders. They are accounts outside of the domain. I am wondering why this is occuring. The ISP is Covad. I'm not sure if there is a pointer record setup on external DNS, but obviously there are MX and A records. Is it possible that Covad is blocking certain domains? Or am I crazy and there is an easy fix to this? Thanks for any he...

Email Router #4
Hi All I have one problem I have CRM 4.0 with email router and Exchange 2003 on my network, I give to my exchange Relay acces from my CRM. All Mails whit my domain @asasasa.com its works fine, but when I send mail to outside @hotmail.com fails From CRM Y type Telenet port 25 helo mail from:dasdasd@asasasas.com rcpt to:test@hotmail.com Unable to relay Does any help Me ???? thanks Victor - did you stop and re-start the SMTP service after making your changes to the relay settings? i think you need to restart the service for those changes to take effect. Dave Ireland "Victor ...

send email to multiple contacts, but not display other contacts in to field
Hi I would like to send some emails to multiple contacts, but would like to have the to field only showing the 1 contact, not all the others. could anybody tell me how to do this. Do not want to use bcc,as would like them to see there own contact. Thanks Tim Use a mail merge.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tim" <adsl...

Attach pdf to publisher email newsletter?
-- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "lfrench" <lfrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C28785-F856-491D-812C-BECB934DD778@microsoft.com... > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.782 / Virus Database: 528 - Release Date: 10/22/2004 ...

Cannot open a link sent to me in email
Hi First time here. I cannot open any link sent to me in an email, whether it is a URL, or a click here, or a picture button link. Using Outlook 2003 any time I click on a link it just opens a box called Locate Link Browser and it just shows all my folders. I don't know what this means. I cannot even open any links from the help popups on the right side of the Outlook page. Thanks for help Phil "soccerman1958" <soccerman1958@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:797506AE-9E4E-4DB3-AFB8-40C70F02456A@microsoft.com... > First time here. I cannot...

Outbox #11
I tried sending somethin too large and now it is stuck in my outbox. When I try to delete or open it tells me I cannot delete because it has begun sending. The message has been stuck in there for weeks. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? ...

Adding words to junk email filter
Anybody know how I can add words to the junk/adult email filters. I've found the m/s filters.txt file listing the standard ones but i want to add a few. Thanks, Doug It doesn't work! I have many rules listing all the words that have come up in emails, filtering on the subject and message lines, and NOT ONE of them works. The only ones that work are based on the sender's name. I am absolutely disgusted with the total uselessness of the filters. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message news:eojy0wgSDHA.1724@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... ...

Emailing screenshots with Entourage in Snow Leopard
Everytime I copy and paste a screenshot I get a black border. I never had this problem in Tiger but do in Snow Leopard. Tsting this in Mail doe snot get me a black border. This must be a Entourage or SL bug. John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info/ On 3/12/10 5:09 AM, John Wolf wrote: > Everytime I copy and paste a screenshot I get a black border. I never had > thi...

How do I set Outlook as my default email
I have OE and O - want only to use O. Have set up my email account in O - that is set as the default option - but still email goes into OE. Test messages composed in/sent from O also go into OE. I can retrieve them in O - by clicking send/receive - but they immediately delete. Think I have missed something. Shall I unistall OE? Anthony A <Anthony A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have OE and O - want only to use O. Have set up my email account in > O - that is set as the default option - but still email goes into OE. If you don't run OE, or you remove the mail acco...