Effect of Domain change on Outlook

My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that was no
more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my e-mails from
several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I had a few thousand
e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed my PC from the Domain and
join a workgroup.
Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch.
Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be
re-stored?
Thank you in advance,
Ben

If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a =
different name than outlook.pst - search for any .pst file that you can =
find (search hidden folders as well).  Once the .pst(s) are found, open =
Outlook and use File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Open your old .pst and =
you should be up and running again.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Ben asked:

| My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that
| was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my
| e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I
| had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed
| my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup.
| Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch.
| Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be
| re-stored?
| Thank you in advance,
| Ben
0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/25/2006 4:03:49 PM
Hi Milly,
Thank you for your great help.
Anyway I can get my Contacts, e-mail account settings, and rules back.

Tks & Merry Christmas
Ben

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Ben asked:

| My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that
| was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my
| e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I
| had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed
| my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup.
| Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch.
| Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be
| re-stored?
| Thank you in advance,
| Ben

Sorry for the confusion.
I see that I have my contacts and calendar, but I have not been able to
locate my rules and e-mail account settings.
Are they lost?

Thanks again.
Ben

"Ben" <meaneradicaor_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Milly,
> Thank you for your great help.
> Anyway I can get my Contacts, e-mail account settings, and rules back.
>
> Tks & Merry Christmas
> Ben
>

> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
> If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a
> different name than outlook.pst - search for any .pst file that you can
> find (search hidden folders as well).  Once the .pst(s) are found, open
> Outlook and use File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Open your old .pst and you
> should be up and running again.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

> After furious head scratching, Ben asked:
>
> | My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that
> | was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my
> | e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I
> | had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed
> | my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup.
> | Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch.
> | Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be
> | re-stored?
> | Thank you in advance,
> | Ben

If an older version of Outlook, your rules are in a separate file with a =
..rwz extension.  Your account settings are in the registry.  What =
version of Outlook are you using (note - it always helps to post this =
information in the initial post - it cuts down on the guess work from =
folks trying to help)?

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Ben asked:

| Sorry for the confusion.
| I see that I have my contacts and calendar, but I have not been able
| to locate my rules and e-mail account settings.
| Are they lost?
|=20
| Thanks again.
| Ben
|=20
| "Ben" <meaneradicaor_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|| Hi Milly,
|| Thank you for your great help.
|| Anyway I can get my Contacts, e-mail account settings, and rules
|| back.=20
||=20
|| Tks & Merry Christmas
|| Ben
||=20
||=20
||=20
|| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
|| If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a
|| different name than outlook.pst - search for any .pst file that you
|| can find (search hidden folders as well).  Once the .pst(s) are
|| found, open Outlook and use File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Open
|| your old .pst and you should be up and running again.
||=20
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
||=20
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, Ben asked:
||=20
||| My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain
||| (that was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could
||| get my e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no
||| Exchange). I had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some
||| reason I removed my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup.
||| Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch.
||| Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails
||| be re-stored?
||| Thank you in advance,
||| Ben
0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/26/2006 1:42:11 AM
I am running Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2.

Thanks

If an older version of Outlook, your rules are in a separate file with a
..rwz extension.  Your account settings are in the registry.  What version of
Outlook are you using (note - it always helps to post this information in
the initial post - it cuts down on the guess work from folks trying to
help)?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Ben asked:

| Sorry for the confusion.
| I see that I have my contacts and calendar, but I have not been able
| to locate my rules and e-mail account settings.
| Are they lost?
|
| Thanks again.
| Ben
|
| "Ben" <meaneradicaor_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|| Hi Milly,
|| Thank you for your great help.
|| Anyway I can get my Contacts, e-mail account settings, and rules
|| back.
|| Tks & Merry Christmas
|| Ben
|| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
|| If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a
|| different name than outlook.pst - search for any .pst file that you
|| can find (search hidden folders as well).  Once the .pst(s) are
|| found, open Outlook and use File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Open
|| your old .pst and you should be up and running again.
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|| After furious head scratching, Ben asked:
||| My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain
||| (that was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could
||| get my e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no
||| Exchange). I had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some
||| reason I removed my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup.
||| Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch.
||| Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails
||| be re-stored?
||| Thank you in advance,
||| Ben

Your rules are in your .pst file in that case but your account settings =
are not saved with the .pst file - they are still in the registry.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Ben asked:

| I am running Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2.
|=20
| Thanks
| Ben
|=20
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
| If an older version of Outlook, your rules are in a separate file
| with a .rwz extension.  Your account settings are in the registry.=20
| What version of Outlook are you using (note - it always helps to post
| this information in the initial post - it cuts down on the guess work
| from folks trying to help)?
|=20
|=20
|| Sorry for the confusion.
|| I see that I have my contacts and calendar, but I have not been able
|| to locate my rules and e-mail account settings.
|| Are they lost?
||=20
|| Thanks again.
|| Ben
||=20
|| "Ben" <meaneradicaor_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
||| Hi Milly,
||| Thank you for your great help.
||| Anyway I can get my Contacts, e-mail account settings, and rules
||| back.
|||=20
||| Tks & Merry Christmas
||| Ben
|||=20
|||=20
|||=20
||| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
||| If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a
||| different name than outlook.pst - search for any .pst file that you
||| can find (search hidden folders as well).  Once the .pst(s) are
||| found, open Outlook and use File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Open
||| your old .pst and you should be up and running again.
|||=20
||| --
||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|||=20
||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|||=20
|||=20
||| After furious head scratching, Ben asked:
|||=20
0
MillyS (3228)
12/26/2006 3:42:22 AM
Hi Milly,

I located the PST file and opened it. It gave me all my e-mails, contacts
and calendar, but the rules are not there.
In fact, under Tools I did not have the "Rules and Alerts.." at all. I
thought may be I should create one or more POP e-mails accounts first for
"Rules and Alerts" to show up.
I created one e-mail account and "Rules and Alerts" showed up, but it is
empty.
I tried Tools, Rules and Alerts, Options,  Import Rules, it looks for *.rwz
file which I do not have.
Your help is highly appreciated.

Ben

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
Your rules are in your .pst file in that case but your account settings are
not saved with the .pst file - they are still in the registry.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Ben asked:

| I am running Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2.
|
| Thanks
| Ben
|

| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
| If an older version of Outlook, your rules are in a separate file
| with a .rwz extension.  Your account settings are in the registry.
| What version of Outlook are you using (note - it always helps to post
| this information in the initial post - it cuts down on the guess work
| from folks trying to help)?
|

|| Sorry for the confusion.
|| I see that I have my contacts and calendar, but I have not been able
|| to locate my rules and e-mail account settings.
|| Are they lost?
|| Thanks again.
|| Ben
|| "Ben" <meaneradicaor_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
||| Hi Milly,
||| Thank you for your great help.
||| Anyway I can get my Contacts, e-mail account settings, and rules
||| back.
||| Tks & Merry Christmas
||| Ben
||| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
||| If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a
||| different name than outlook.pst - search for any .pst file that you
||| can find (search hidden folders as well).  Once the .pst(s) are
||| found, open Outlook and use File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Open
||| your old .pst and you should be up and running again.
||| --
||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
||| After furious head scratching, Ben asked:

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Change position ID in HR

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

How do you change the APR?

outlook 2007 e-mail

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Business Portal Development

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...