Edit the Auto Fill in the To: field

On the Send new message window, is there a way to edit the
auto fill list for the To: Field.  when i start to type in
a name in the To Field the auto fill will provide a list
of names to choose from.  the one i most use is on the
bottom of the list.  How do i edit the list to get the one
i use most to the top?
0
markt (2)

Do you use the others as well?  Editing the list will remove them from the
list.  If you again use the names, they will be added back to the same
position.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Mark <markt@castcomputers.com> asked:

| On the Send new message window, is there a way to edit the
| auto fill list for the To: Field.  when i start to type in
| a name in the To Field the auto fill will provide a list
| of names to choose from.  the one i most use is on the
| bottom of the list.  How do i edit the list to get the one
| i use most to the top?

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Error sending email and editing email's body
I have the following function Private Sub SendEmail_Click() Dim strSubject As String Dim strEmailList As String Dim strMessage As String Dim strMessage2 As String On Error GoTo Err_SendEmail_Click strSubject = "Please investigate" & " " & [Ticket #] strEmailList = "JohnDoe@emailaddess.com " strMessage = Me.Text_Description strMessage2 = "Assign to:" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, strEmailList, , , strSubject, strMessage, strMessage2 Exit_SendEmail_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendEmail_Click: ...

ReportViewer
Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked (no calendar page, no error) in ie 8. FoxFire works. Same report works fine when viewed directly on the report server in ie8. Resolved myself. Sloppy coding on the Master page. <form> tag out of place in table structure. "Pete Hay" wrote: > Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type > parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked > (no calen...

Auto Accept Agent Errors
Hi Everyone, I am running the Auto Accept Agent on an Exchange 2003 w/SP1. I have about 10 resource mailboxes registered, and it had been working fine for almost a year now. Starting last week, the Agent stopped proccessing any new appointments, and is logging the following error about 8 times a second in the Application Log: -------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Auto Accept Agent Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 10/25/2005 Time: 8:44:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ODIN Description: Exception occurred while processing item "". This item will not be processed. T...

Auto-Receive Freight, Tax & Miscellaneous charges from PO
When doing a Shipment/Invoice receipt in Dynamics on a PO, when the Auto-Receive button is selected, the system does not bring in the amount in the subtotal area for Freight, Taxes or Miscellenous charges. This requires us to alway go back to check the original PO to verify the amounts are correct before processing and posting the receipt. There should be an option in the Purchasing setup to allow to receive the complete PO, if you are not receiving multiple POs on one receipt. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Text Field
I have created a database using linked tables. There are no notes fields in those tables and I need one. I created a text field and entered a comment but that comment appears against every record but I want it to stay within the record it was recorded against. Anyone help ? Hi KC Where did you create the text field? Since the table is linked, you need to create the text field in your data source, where ever the tables actually reside. If you created the text field (box) on a form, it will not be bound to a particular record and thus it will show up for all of the records, similar to ...

Can't compile at VC++ Express Edition 2008
Hi I just switched to window programming. I have a code which I can compile and run under Unix, but I cant compile it at Window VC++ Express Edition 2008. Here is some part of my code cpp-trick.h #if !defined(PACKET) || !defined(INTEGER) || !defined(STRING) #error Not all necessary macros were defined. #endif PACKET(Auth, STRING(username) STRING(password) ) PACKET(Ack, INTEGER(status) STRING(error_text) ) #undef PACKET #undef INTEGER #undef STRING typedef enum { #define INTEGER(name) #define STRING(name) #define PACKET(name, fields...

addresses missing in To: field
Hope some has seen this. I have two users who recieved the same email from someone on the outside. They were both addressed in the To: field. Person A gets the email in his inbox and sees all the people listed in the To: field. In Person B's inbox he sees the same email only his email address is in the To: field and not person A's even though the send put both of their names in the To: field of the originating message. Thanks If user B isn't seeing this problem with other senders, either the sender in this case didn't put both in (perhaps resent the message after mi...

Adding Array Fields on forms
How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form? thks in advance. Hi HFLO, Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times. Hence ur array field would be there on ur for...

excel edit
Hi all. I'm trying to open an excel sheet in IE. it opens but the edit,view,favorites tabs are greyed out. Only file opens up. User has rights, as we tested this on another machine and it works there. Using the latest IE and updating office to the latest service packs. This machine has adobe acrobat full 6.0 and the others dont. if that makes any diffrence. Maybe you could just have MSIE open the excel file directly in excel. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid...

Edit and resave document attachments
Does anyone know of a way to edit an attached document within CRM 3.0 and save the edit without creating a new attachment. We have a complex proposal/quote template in Word we attach to an account, but it often needs to go through revisions with the customer until finalized. The template is too complex to put into the "Quotes" in CRM, and we need to be able to access it remotely and associate with an account, so we can't save on a file drive. Is there anything we can use short of a massive development with SDK? Thanks, Malcolm Hello Malcolm, You can do that if you us...

PM edit list exception report
Is there a way to print a PM Edit list showing only transactions with errors that will not post? Or a full list with the error transactions at the top or something like this? -- JayStar ...

Summing Null Fields
When I try to set up an automatic calculation to add multiple fields together and give me the results in another field, I get no results unless each of the fields has some value in it. I can of course, set the default value to zero, but I would rather create an expression that will still add the fields with values and either skip (or assume null fields are zero) in a formula. Current Setup: unbound field with this string as the control source: =([total1]+[totallaborcost]+[totalpartscost]+[total2]+[total3]) I know I shouldn't store this in the record but right now I have no choice until ...

Auto-Responders & Address Delimiters
I have two questions. 1) Is there any why to put a auto-reply rule on a timer, or otherwise automate when it auto-replies by date/time? Basically, I need to have a auto-reply sent if a message is delivered outside normal operating hours. I suggested manually turning on a auto-reply rule when the last person leaves, but was told that it would be preferred if it was automated. 2) Is there any sane why to have Exchange use/accept delimiters? A couple people have asked if we could something along the lines of user+something@company.com. Essentially, something similar to what some web mail...

Counting NON-Blank fields
I have two columns of data that I export from MS-Access into Excel and then paste into another excel spreadsheet. Column A is my description; Columns B and C are my values. Both Column B and Column C have 50 rows. (This number varies) Column B has some blank rows. Column C has data in all rows (always). I need to count the number of records in each column. Using the CountA command, I currently first have to select any blank field and delete the contents as Excel is reacting as if they are not blank. Using the CountBlank command it correctly counts the blank fields, howe...

Cannot bind a combo box to a memo field
I need to bind a combo box to a field in the database with a memo data type, using to combo box wizard I select the table and I can see all the field in the table except for the one which with a memo data type, why is that? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com i have found the wizards to be bit unreliable in terms of selecting the fields you really want to use. i have had similar trouble with the crosstab wizard in the past where it would not show certain fields for no particular reason. you can use a memo field for your combo box, just the Row Source propert...

Binary Field from .mdb
All, Is there any way to write a program to retrieve a bitmap from a field and save it as a separate .bmp file? Any sample code (VB, C, etc.) anywhere? Thanks, Randal Ferguson Check Stephen's website. He is the expert on images and Access. http://www.lebans.com/loadsavejpeg.htm -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Randal Ferguson" <rdfsoft@cs.com> wrote in message news:bpk8cl$5of$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com... > All, > > Is there any way to write a program to retrieve a bitmap from a field and > save it as a separate .bmp file? Any sample code (VB, C, etc.) any...

Data Validation date field
I don't understand why this isn't working. I just want to make sure that they don't put a future date in the polydate field. Is me.polydate > now() an invalid expression? code: _________________________________________________________ Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) If Me.PolyDate > Now() Then Cancel = True Me.PolyDate.SetFocus MsgBox "Please enter a date that falls prior to today's date" Exit Sub End If End Sub It does not appear to be invalid. It is always helpful to post the error you are getting and if it is a runti...

input text at front of field that contains data
Hi there, I have imported data into excel and I wish to input text ZZ in front of the orginal data...for example her is how the data looks like(to the left). Column A (how do I put a ZZ in front of the text without going through it one by one ________ so in a matter of seconds it should look like this(the column to the right) ABADES ZZABADES ABADEF ZZABADEF ABADET ZZABADET ABADER ZZABADER ABADEW ....and so on ....and so on I have 62...

Two Fields matched
Hi, I'm create a list of userid and name in a table. Both fields are primary key. I design a form and create two unbound box. This are for enter UserID and Name to check if there is a match before going to the form or msgbox saying, "please contact the contact person" Form: 1st Unbound box: txtUserID 2nd Unbound box: txtName ------------- create a button "Click" Table: UserID Name '************************************ If Me.txtUserID = [Table1].[UserID] and Me.txtName = [Table1].[Name] then ..... ..... go to form Else MsgB...

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

edit subject line of outgoing messages
i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). anybody done this before? g On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0600, "George Frederickson" <george@somewhere.com> wrote: >i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be >able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). >anybody done this before? > >g > 3rd party software would be your best bet. IMSS, Tumbleweed etc... If you are using Exchange 2007 you cou...

Using a Yes/No field to trigger a calculation in another field
I am trying to use an IIF statement to have a filed calculate based on another field having either Yes or No in it. The fields are: TotalTuitions - all the tuitions added together MultiClassTrigger - Yes/No fiield MultiClassDisc - 10% discount to be calculated depending on Yes/No IIF statement - MultiClassDisc:IIf([MultiClassTrigger]=Yes,[TotalTuitions]*0.1,0) This will work the first time that Yes is selected in the Trigger field but then the value will stay when I change the Trigger field back to No. With No selected it should change the discount field back to zero. ...

What event to use in a field property on a from
In my form Souls field Age I want to have this field calculate the current age of the soul from the field DOB that is also in the form. DOB is a formated date and AGE is formated General Number 0 decimals. What is the best event to use when adding or updateing the record. The DOB may be blank in some instances and then be updated at some later time. Thank You in advance for all the help. I am using Ver 2007 You should not be storing the Age in a table. Instead, you should calculate it in a query, and use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. To compute Age, g...

Complex (for me) checking values in fields to perform calcs in others
Hi all.. I am creating a Cash Flow Projection report in access that inspects the "completed dates" of sheduled draws to calculate a remaining balance, but I am having problems with it. The idea is: --------------------- Iff [Draw1CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw3CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amoun...