Echange deleted items sent to disabled

Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted items
folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the deleted items
retention selected?
0
Dana (34)

Dana wrote:
> Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted
> items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the
> deleted items retention selected?

Nope. Only from backup. Which is a royal pain.

One of the first things you should enable when setting up Exchange is
DIR...will save you a lot of headaches.

Also - since you posted something related to this a few messages back, and
you got a reply from Neo, it would have been better for you to reply in that
thread rather than creating a new message.

Perhaps you didn't see his reply? If so, that's probably because you're
using the web interface to the newsgroups, which has many disadvantages /
problems. Might want to use a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte Agent
instead, and not only for this issue (dupe posts, lost posts, etc) - it's a
lot easier to do nearly everything that way, including searching, which is
always a good idea to do before you post, as well as mark messages to be
watched, and filter based on replies to your posts.

The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
subscribe to as many groups as you like.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/3/2005 5:09:47 AM
No.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Dana asked:

| Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted
| items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the
| deleted items retention selected?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Non-inventory items
We have items that we use in our stores - we do not sell them to our customers. I would like to make them non-inventory items because we really don't track their usage, but if I do that, I cannot place them on a PO (which I need to do.) Is there a way to order a non-inventory item through the system? No not really. As Microsoft would put it 'that is by design'. -- Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. www.retail-pos.com "Rick@ASP" <RickASP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82A0F44C-6317-439A-B62A-A8A4D7BD38FB@microsoft.com... > W...

Reviewing tax-related items
In the "Add a missing category...to a tax line" section of the help menu, I am told to go to the "Review your tax-related income and expenses page," but darned if I can figure out how to get there. Money 2007. Help??? Bob Gardner In microsoft.public.money, Bob Gardner wrote: >In the "Add a missing category...to a tax line" section of the help menu, I >am told to go to the "Review your tax-related income and expenses page," but >darned if I can figure out how to get there. Money 2007. Help??? You could start with the tax-related transac...

Sent Items and Shared Mailboxes
Hi I am using Outlook 2003. I have some shared mailboxes open. I often use these mailboxes to send a response to clients. However, the response goes into the 'Sent Items' of my primary 'personal' account. How do I get the email to go into the 'Sent Items' of the corresponding shared mailbox account? Thanks Tim Have a look at http://www.ivasoft.com/unisent.shtml Regards, Victor Ivanidze "higgsy" <higgsy@community.nospam> wrote: news:O2DfUyL8IHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using Outlook 2003. I have some shared mailbox...

List of Suppliers items show as <unknown>
We are in the process of converting data (QSImport) and have noticed a problem. If I look at an Item record, it properly shows the Supplier information. However, If I open up the Supplier and choose to view the items they supply, I get a listing that shows (most all) the Items with the description and Item ID as "unknown". The price field shows prices and the number of items in the list seem correct. If you attempt to double click on one of the "unknown" records, you get an error message - 3021 "Either BOF or EOF is true" and SO Manager crashes. I verified...

How Create Pop-Up Msg when item selected in List Box?
How do I have a message box or pop-up message occur when a user selects a specific valid entry from a "list" for a cell? Details: For a cell, I did a Data, Validation, List. I created a list of 4 valid entries (box, kite, crayon, fish) the user may select. When the user selects entry crayon, I want a message to pop up, example " Be sure to specify the colors later." Thanks, rick onlinemanZZ@exZcite.com (<= remove "Z"s for valid email.) Rich You could use a worksheet change event. The code below will present a message box on each entry. Test it ...

Delivery status notification not sent to external users
When external users send messages with the "Request Delivery Receipt.." option, the message is delivered successfully, but a DSN success message is not sent back to the sender. Delivery receipts are generated correctly on messages sent between internal users. External users do recieve NDR's for mail that is mis-addressed and also receive read receipts correctly. Under Global Settings, Internet Message Formats, Default format (that is the only format), Advanced tab, I've selected the Allow Delivery Reports option. I've tried toggling the settings on this tab in b...

Clean-up queue with deleted activities
Hi, Yesterday I created campaign telephone call activities and assigned them to a queue. I decided to delete the activities and now I have the problem that they are still shown in the queue. When I try to delete them there I get the error record not found. Also I cannot remove the queue. Please help me to cleanup this queue. Thank you, Regards Jan instead of selecting all , choos for example 10 and then click on Delete or choose just one and delete and see if you still get the erro? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ No, same error. "Aamir Bashir" wro...

Deleting an outbox email without opening Outlook.
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2002. There is an email that seems to be stuck in my outbox and has been sent 54 times to the recipient! If I try to delete the email from the outbox I get an error message saying that it is unable to delete and please restart outlook to rectify the problem. This doesn't help at all. Once Outlook is restarted the sending process will start all over again. Is there a way that I can delete the email without opening Outlook so that when I start the program next time there is nothing in the outbox. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Sonars UK. ...

Vendor Classes and Item Classes Examples
I am curious to see how other companies use vendor classes and item classes. We are having difficulty finding the purpose because so much information must be the same for each item or vendor. It just seems hard for us to find a reason to define classes. Maybe we are trying too hard and they really can be used in a simpler manner. If someone could give me some guidance, I would appreciate it!! I would say that for vendor classes, it allows you to organize and group vendors with the similar attributes or characteristics which eases data entry. ex. nature of business, location,...

Protocol Disable
Hi all I need change all user pop-imap-http settings from enable to disable. To make this If I need a adsi script please show me an example ? Have you considered ADModify? http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 Nue "emrebb" <emrebb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:810FB5F9-DA82-422C-803A-EDDF4096320B@microsoft.com... > Hi all > I need change all user pop-imap-http settings from enable to disable. > To make this If I need a adsi script please show me an example ? ...

Cannot delet/view mailbox
Running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on a 2000 Server In "Mailbox Resources" I have a mailbox named "Admin" without any other information other than size and number of items for this mailbox. Also,it does not show in the "Recipients" directory. When I try to view the properties for the mailbox I receive an error message saying: "The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not completed Microsoft exchange directory ID no:c1010aae". All other features on the exchange server work fine, but my backup fails because of this mailb...

Protect Worksheet but allow to insert or delete rows
I have set up a worksheet, locked and unlocked cells as needed and I want to allow the user to insert and delete rows. But, when I set protection and tick "Insert Rows" and tick "Delete Rows"; the menu only will allow "Insert Rows", the "Delete Rows" field is not accessible. Solution? Do you get an error message saying that you can't delete the row since there are locked cells on that row? I do when I protect a worksheet using your options and then rightclick on a row number and choose delete. (And that row contains locked cells.) Bob L Hill...

Disable Usb host at runtime
Hi guys, I have a camera and a device (PDA running windows mobile 5.0). I developped an application to transfer files from the camera. The device see the camera as a Mass Storage Device. The problem is that I can´t use the camera (I mean takes photos) while it's connected to the device. I know there exists PTP but I don´t wan´t to use it. I need to disconnected or disable the usb interface so that i can use the camera for a while and then connect or enable the usb interfae again. device (usb host) <-------------------- Camera (Mass Storage device) An...

How do I resize a worksheet after deleting rows?
After deleting rows in a spreadsheet Excel seems to remember the blank rows, and will try to print them unless I reset the print area. Also, when I subtotal the grand totals appear after the blank rows. Is there a way to re-set the size? Save the workbook after deleting the Entire rows and before printing. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Jay Jay" <JayJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A4B3295-C46C-4100-94B5-9AB4500DCFB2@microsoft.com... > After deleting rows in a spreadsheet Excel seems to remember the blank rows, > and will try to print them unless I...

Help! Can't import Sent Folder from Yahoo
Hi. I was setting up Outlook 2000 when it suddenly began importing all of my messages from the inbox folder of my Yahoo account, some 700 in all. I panicked when I saw it was starting to erase the messages from Yahoo so stopped the process. Now I can't figure out a way to import the messages from my Sent Folder in Yahoo into Outlook. When I archived them and zipped them per Yahoo instructions and dragged the unzipped msgs into Outlook, when I tried to click on a message, it was opened up (or attempted to) in Outlook Express. Does anyone have insight on this?? Thanks. Try YahooPOP...

how to delete account in 'Accounts List'
I have 4 accounts in Accounts List section that I remove, but when I restart Money, they appear again. I've also taken them off my Favorites list but no luck. In microsoft.public.money, core000 wrote: >I have 4 accounts in Accounts List section that I remove, but when I >restart Money, they appear again. I've also taken them off my >Favorites list but no luck. You might want to Close the accounts by right-clicking in the AccountList. Then set the view to not show with SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts. I suspect these are accounts that are/were at the same instit...

Can 2 pages of Microsoft office publisher be sent as an email mess
I have produced a 2 page newsletter, but when I email it as a message only the page that I'm viewing arrives. If I'm viewing page 1, it goes but not page 2. If I'm on page 2 it will be sent but not page 1. I would like my clients to get both pages as a message that they can read by scrolling down without having to open an attachment or receive 2 emails. Robert Send your recipients a PDF attachment, much safer and it will arrive just as you composed the newsletter. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a free save as PDF add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Family...

Disable IMF in Exchange 2003 SP2
We use an email gateway for all of our spam and IDS protection. We have antivirus at that level and sybari on our Exchange servers. I can't see any reason to use IMF on Exchange, but as I understand it, this is enabled by default once I install SP2. What do I need to do to prep for this setting and then how do I disable the features we don't want to use once I've upgraded? Thanks! It is NOT enabled by default, though Global Settings may make you think it is. It needs to be specifically enabled on each SMTP virtual server. http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/10/exchange-serve...

disable/remove smtp address for distribution lists
looking for the best-practice to disable/remove the primary smtp address for distribution-lists when using Exchange 2003 in an active-dir domain that uses our actual assigned domain-name (i.e. 'distribution_list@companyabc.com')...the last thing i need is for someone on the outside to get hold of 'allemployees@companyabc.com' thx in advance, ~~Robb There is a checkbox on the properties for the mail-enabled group in AD, on the Exchange General tab, check "From authenticated users only" and that will stop people from the outside from sending mail to it unless they pr...

Budget Items being debited twice
In M05, in the budget screen and reports, 2 of my 3 active loan payments are being totalled into the 'Budgeted' column incorrectly. 2 car payments which are calendarized and are associated to loans are being added in twice. The liability accounts are listed as 'not included in budget' as they were defined in M04, and their calendar items and actual payments appear on the Budget Summary and Reports under the 'DEBT' section heading. For some reason, M05 is taking the two car payments and adding them in twice, into a total that also includes my mortgage. So th...

Can't delete e-mail #2
I am desperate -- I have not been able to delete several messages from my inbox. I get the message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, please restart Outlook. I really need to get rid of the old e-mail since the Inbox is filling up like crazy. Please, can anyone help me? It's a shot in the dark but have you tried running ScanPST.exe on your PST file? "Alyssa" <info@advol.com> wrote in message news:06a901c366c0$b558b730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am desperate -- > > I have not been able to delete several message...

POP Line Item Status Version 9
I just updated to V9, had an existing PO and now have added additional lines to the PO. When I print the new lines do not print, we do not have a release date (have tried adding a prior date) and still does not print on PO When I look at the line item detail, it shows line item status of 'New'. all prior 24 lines have 'Released) How does this change from new to released? -- Doug Hi Doug, Give this a shot! Go to Transactions > Purchasing > Edit Purchase Orders. - From here you will input your PO number and it will display all line item status's on your PO, ...

Find missing item in series
I have a spreadsheet showing the storage location of production tooling. Locations are identified as A051, A052, A235, B543, C234. The Series would be A001 through A200; B001 through B325, etc. I need to be able to find an open slot - that is a number that isn't used. for exampe: Let's say I have tools stored in all slots in section "A" except A156. how can I create a function in Excel that will let me find a number that isn't there compared to a list of all numbers? Try: Function FindNextLoc(ByRef RangeLetter As String) ' ' Call Example: =FindNextL...

Problem deleting "Unknown Album" from WMP V12
I have an "Unknown Album" showing with one "track" with no name, no length, nothing. Can't edit, can't delete, can't find source location. What might be causing this? What to look for in the way of corrupt file or the like? Such 'ghost' files are a common issue with WMP 12. It's probably a bug, and it could have been caused when a file in your library got deleted while WMP wasn't running, although that might be just one of the possible causes. Restoring the media library will get rid of the file: In WMP, Tools - Advanced - Restore...

Can I remove some old items from Great Plains?
Hi, I am running GP 8. I have several skus in our system that are old, and no longer used. The items have been discontinued, but they still show up in several reports, and more importantly our POS system. IS there any way that we can archive, or remove these old items. The only solution I have found is to delete the transaction history for the item then delete it, but from what I understand, if I open an old invoice, it will not longer have the product name in it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Robin Robin, Take a good backup of your company database to serve as a an archive (or you c...