Echange deleted items sent to disabled

Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted items
folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the deleted items
retention selected?
0
Dana (34)

Dana wrote:
> Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted
> items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the
> deleted items retention selected?

Nope. Only from backup. Which is a royal pain.

One of the first things you should enable when setting up Exchange is
DIR...will save you a lot of headaches.

Also - since you posted something related to this a few messages back, and
you got a reply from Neo, it would have been better for you to reply in that
thread rather than creating a new message.

Perhaps you didn't see his reply? If so, that's probably because you're
using the web interface to the newsgroups, which has many disadvantages /
problems. Might want to use a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte Agent
instead, and not only for this issue (dupe posts, lost posts, etc) - it's a
lot easier to do nearly everything that way, including searching, which is
always a good idea to do before you post, as well as mark messages to be
watched, and filter based on replies to your posts.

The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can
subscribe to as many groups as you like.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/3/2005 5:09:47 AM
No.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Dana asked:

| Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted
| items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the
| deleted items retention selected?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

imap sent issue
Hello, Rule description: Apply this rule after I send the message through the IMAP account and on this machine only move a copy to a the Sent folder but it doesn't work... instead all of my messages ending up in "Sent Items" under my Personal Folders... why? John Smith <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: > Rule description: > Apply this rule after I send the message > through the IMAP account > and on this machine only > move a copy to a the Sent folder > > but it doesn't work... instead all of my messages ending up in "Sent > Items"...

delete empy rows
Hi, I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C i.e. row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn C. I want to delete this row row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn C. I want to keep this row. can this be done Khalil Try this on a *spare* copy .. Select col C Press F5 > Special > Blanks > OK Right-click on the selection > Delete > Entire row > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>y...

Single corrupted mail item, how to delete it?
Hi, Running EX2k3 on a 2k server. Everytime I do my backup I am getting an "The item \\servername\microsoft exchange mailbox\username top of information store inbox (a whole bunch of asian characters then normal email heading ) is corrupt, file skipped" I 've gone to the users inbox and there is not an email with a whole bunch of asian characters nor with the english after the asian characters. Is there a way to scan a single users mailbox for corrupted items and fix it? Maybe export to a PST and do something like that? Thanks R not possible to scan for one mailbox co...

Macro do delete values in cells
If I tipe a value (text) in N I want the values in the same row in O P & A to be deleted. Please help ...

can I disable the delete command for a file
Can I disable the delete command for a file? There's no functionality in Excel that could stop someone opening Windows explorer and deleting a file if that's what you mean -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Dr. Darrell" wrote: > Can I disable the delete command for a file? > > See "permissions" in Windows help. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:45:01 -0800, Dr. Darrell <Dr...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

select and delete all blank rows
I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows from a document, and also separate things. An example of separating things would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat. I could separate all the fruits from the list easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Item record in RM00101
Does anyone know how an item record is entered into RM00101? I only have one in there and I can't figure out how it got there. Thanks. Chris, Do you mean there is an inventory item in there? If so, most likely there was either a data entry error or an import direct to table error. If that's not what you mean, can you please elaborate? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEA12C29-07...

Delete overnight emails
Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange to delete all emails whenever it passed midnight? I've tried to setup Policy, but it can only delete 1 day old email. NAT hi no sure if possible but you can schedule the smtp service to run from whatever hour to whatever hour. no smtp, no email probably simpler schedule a net stop smtpsvc and a net start smtpsvc that should work Pedro ------------------- "iamnats" <iamnats@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:A7EA83EB-02A2-4BE6-A92A-01ED12F1FA54@microsoft.com... > Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange t...

Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup
On the Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup there is a line for an account titled "Inventory Returns". Does anyone know on what type of transaction this account will be used? Also, should it be a balance sheet or income statement account? Thanks, Gene Gene, This account will be used on Sales Order Processing and Invoicing Return transactions if you have set up your system to use posting accounts from Item (instead of from Customer) in SOP or Invoicing Setup. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Calendar showing deleted birthdays
Many months ago I changed the first names of two of my contacts...like Jack to John. Recently noticed that clendar is showing birthdays for both Jack and John even though Jack no longer exisits. Have tried several things. Deleted John and waited several days. John's birthday disappeared but not Jack's. Tried adding Jack back then his birthday shows twice...Once for the real Jack and one for the one that was changed to John months ago then deleted. It seems the calendar is reaching back to a very old sync and refusing to delete the info. Any ideas? Did you try del...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

File Delete!
Foolish Foolish Me. I was doing some house cleaning with my computer files recently and while I was dumping some spyware I had acumulated over the past 5 years, I accidently deleted the MAPI Spooler for Outlook, could anybody possibly help me? Microsoft isn't much help when you need to get a hold of them, and since all the upgrades I've done to my computer have nullified my warantee I am now finding myself between a rock and a hard place. I can't access my e-mail without going to through my ISP's website. thanks again for any help!! -Brian do a detect and r...

Inventory Item Import
Is there a way to import inventory items in RMS? In situations with a large number of items, this would be much more efficient than having to manually set up each item in RMS. If there is a way to import inventory records, what file formats are supported? Also, where in RMS is the utility that will do this (I have looked, but can't seem to find it). Thanks for your assistance. Your reseller can get you a copy of an import utility that is available via CustomerSource (for customers on a maintenance plan). That utility will import from delimited files such as .csv, .txt (tab-delimi...

entourage freezing while "sent mail" is uploading
Periodically my Entourage has performance issues in that it will simply freeze during what appears to be files either synching or uploading. A message appears at the bottom of the application pane/window: "Sent Mail.. Uploading..) How can I prevent this--it interferes with me trying to read and send mail and navigate anywhere in Entourage while this is happening. high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price? China Cheapest TOP wholesale website...

Delete Business Unit
I suggest to Microsoft to provide a way to allow for the deletion of a Business Unit in CRM. This may be a strict administrative procedure, but there should be a way to delete any type of data entered, even if it wipes out associated records. Perhaps a stern warning, only allowing the Systems Administrator to perform this action would be useful. Why keep a database cluttered with invalid data? Better to allow some clean up method. Think of the scenario whereby a Business Unit gets created and there is a typo in the name. Currently, disabling it doesn't get rid of it. ------...

Physical Inventory Does Not Work With Matrix Items.
The physical inventory feature in RMS is not usable with matrix type items. It is impossible to filter the inventory count down to a managable number of items for a matrix items. The items I sell consist of a model name, a size, and a color. The matrix lookup code (model name) is not available as a filter. When I try to filter the physical inventory list I get thousands of irrelevant items mixed in with what I want to inventory. I would suggest that the item lookup code be added as a filter for the physical inventory. I would also suggest that when you make a matrix inactive that it ...

Outlook Express Delete not working
Windows XP Home Outlook Express won't let me delete all my deleted emails at one time. I can only do won at a time. In the EDIT, the (delete all deleted messages) isn't highlighted. Is there a quick fix for this? Hi Jack, Open Outlook Express. Click Tooks at the top then click Options. Click Maintenance. Check the first option. Click Apply then click OK. Close Outlook Express. Open Outlook Express. Check the folder. -- thecreator "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message news:ehU1082ALHA.98...

How to link the content of a cell with a related list of items
I have a workbook that I created for tst item analysis. On the main worksheet is used to enter sudent's response for every multiple-choice question. on another worksheet which is the summary, I wrote a formula that allows me to sknow how many students choose choice 1, choice 2, choice 3,choice 4 for a given question. My challenge is to click on that number of student in the cell to display the list of students who chose cjoice 1, 2, 3, or 4. How canI do that please? -- Ti Moy Here's a formulas model to achieve the underlying objectives: http://cjoint.com/?chjHCSWehb ...

delete database
How do I delete an entire database so I can create a new one with the exact same name??? Arve Arve, SO Administrator | File | Connect | enter your password | Database | Delete Be REAL sure you really want to do this as it can't be undone. Do a backup just in case!! -- = "Arve" <arve@nordichouse.com> wrote in message news:AB995B20-385E-46C4-9711-E88F511E0CD4@microsoft.com... > How do I delete an entire database so I can create a new one with the > exact > same name??? > > Arve ...

Outlook 2000 read messages self deleting
Outlook has been working perfectly until today. My messages as they are read, are deleted from the system. A search does not find them. Is there a setting I have tiddled with that I shouldn't have? The messages do not appear to go into the deleted file. Once read, they were sitting in my inbox until I filed them in their appropriate folder. I can't find anything in help for this so I hope there is someone out there who can help me. Thank you. Charly. Check if you have a view set on your in-box, such as unread messages. If yes, change it back to Messages. --� Milly Sta...

problem deleting items from outlook 2003 search folders
Every time I try and delete an item out of my "unread mail" search folder, I get the following error message: "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." I can delete email messages from standard outlook folders, but not search folders. I am NOT connected to an exchange server. I only download email from several pop3 email accounts. Does anyone have any idea why Outlook would be giving me this error message? Thanks. ...

Deleting blank records when aform is closed or a button is click.
We are have a somewhat of an annoying problem with one of our database forms. Everytime we open the form it creates a new record, even if you close the form or cancelled it. We are trying to figure out a way to not create a blank record in our database everytime the form is opened. I tried: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal but the blank record is still showing up. So, is there a way to tell access not to create a record if the form is close or the cancel button is clicked. Thanks "Ayo&qu...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

How to delete most recently used file list
Can someone please tell me how to delete a file from the most recently used file list in Money 2003? The file is already physically deleted so I don't want it in the listing. I am talking about the "File" pull- down list. Thanks!! On Feb 6, 3:50=A0pm, bajpd <ba...@peak.org> wrote: > Can someone please tell me how to delete a file from the most recently > used file list in Money 2003? =A0The file is already physically deleted > so I don't want it in the listing. I am talking about the "File" pull- > down list. Thanks!! Nevermind, i figu...