e-mail unreadable

I'm using Outlook 98 and we're getting e-mails that are
unreadable about 50% of the time. The messages are coming
from China. I do have Chinnese language support.
0
anonymous (74722)

(0x800C0155,2) windows mail won't open
After an auto-install of Vista SP2, mail won't open. Only Vista installed on this pc, no anti-virus or other apps. Says can't open message store; program being used by another program... I have another PC on this network where I use the same name but worked before, only variable is SP2. Thank you for your time. I don't have any good suggestions on how to repair your Windows Mail, but upgrading to Windows Live Mail would be one solution. http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Receiving Duplicated E-mails
I recently switched computers and also upgraded to Outlook 2002. Unfortunatly my e-mails now seem to remain on the server indefinitly. I've checked my "Tools, Options, E-Mail Accounts, Advanced" settings and "Leave Copy of Message on Server" is NOT checked off. Is there some other place where I have to tell it to "Delete E- mail from Server upon Receipt"??? (This is getting annoying, I'm now receiving 60 e-mails a day, 40 of which are ones I've read before). I have a customer who uses AT&T as one of their providers, and has an e-mail acc...

Endlessly sending mail
Hi! I have outlook 2003 set up to use an exchange server and an SMTP account. I messed up the setup and put a bad address in the SMTP account setup, and the SMTP server is rejecting my message. However, Outlook KEEPS sending the message OVER and OVER. The thing is, the message isn't in the Outbox! I looked for it there, thinking that I could delete it and make Outlook stop attempting to send it. But it's not there. How can I get rid of this message that will never send through the SMTP server? Any help is greatly appreciated! Lerch ...

Migrate Mail messages
Hi at all! I have to export mail messages from Exchange Server 2000 (windows 2000 Server) to Exchange Server 2003 (windows server 2003). I tried to use EXMERGE to export but I have the following error : Store "MSPST MS" was not opened. Could anyone help me ? A. Grasso Is outlook installed on the server? Check out this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;174197&sd=tech "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:eZxN%23RwREHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi at all! > I have to export mail messages from Exchang...

PDF extention lost when mailing quotes
Has anyone experienced that the .pdf is removed from an email attachment when the quote is sent out of CRM (3.0 SBE Dutch Language) to a Netscape email address. Assume this does not happen when sent to a non netscape address? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <kimartin@reesmanley.com> wrote in message news:1141658288.133763.265490@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone experienced that the .pdf is removed from an email > attachment when the quote is sent out of CRM (3.0 SBE Dutch Language) > to a Ne...

cannot send e maails
i have been using Windows mail for sometime but from yesterday nothing will send i have checked all account info and been thru it with my service provider,i have tried with all AV off still nothing i have turned off all firewalls stil nothing the error message is as follows An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'hi ', Account: 'mail.tesco.net', Server: 'mail.tesco.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 aamtaout02-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from [82.2.77.142]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x80...

Viewing e-mail from an offsite location
I have two offices. I have Outlook Express e-mail on my computer at location one. When I am at the second location, how do look at my e-mails from the first location? >I have two offices. I have Outlook Express e-mail on my >computer at location one. When I am at the second >location, how do look at my e-mails from the first >location? This newsgroup deals with Outlook, not Outlook Express. Ask your question in the correct newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com ...

automated e-mails
Hi! Is it possible to totally automate an outgoing e-mail with a file attachment through a macro. I have been able to get the e-mail screen in outlook with my file attached. But, I want the macro to be able to completely do an e-mail. That is, type in a pre-determined message and actually send the message with the attachment. What I want Excel to do is similar to what Access can do through a macro. In Access you can have a macro open an object, pick a recipient, attach the object, and actually send the message. Any help would be most appreciated as this is the final piece to a h...

Not receiving mail from one person
I can't get mail from one person, and the other person on my wireless network can't get mail from him either. No problem before I went on vacation for two weeks. I can't find any blocks in OE or at the main server (Comcast). Everyone else can get mail from him. His mail is not showing up on the server and there is nothing in spam either. Any ideas? Thanks. If the message is not showing up on Comcast's Webmail site, OE can't get it. Any Delete It From Server rules? That's the only OE option that could do it, but if OE was closed when a messag...

Error 0x80042108 retrieving POP3 Mail
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 with all the latest patches from outlook.microsoft.com. I have 2 accounts. The first is to our Exchange server (which works flawlessly) the second is to my personal e-mail account. When I try and retrieve messages, Outlook sends all outbound messages (via SMTP) without a problem, but then cannot received inbound email (via POP3). I get the following message when I try: "Task '<servername> - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to ...

Setting up Windows Mail using my Yahoo ID but receiving error mess
I have tried to set up my email account on Windows Mail but when I tried to send a test email the error below keeps popping up. Could somebody tell me how to fix it? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Hi Mojo ', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thankyou "richnic" <richnic@discussions.m...

E-mails with PDF attachments will not open
E-mails with PDF attachments larger than 16K will not open. E-mails with small PDFs open ok. E-mails with DOC and JPG attachments work ok. It is the e-mail itself that will not fully open; cannot even get to the PDF attachment. A down arrow appears in the priority column; it seems to be enlessly trying to open as the bytes in the received status windows goes on non-stop. The size of the e-mail and attachment appears in the MSN Mail Inbox. Possibly switching antivirus to Microsoft Internet Essential might coincide with when problem started. Help. ...

Internet Mail Service SMTP Connector HELP
I have two servers in one organization. A 5.5 sp4 and an Exchange 2003 sp1. The 5.5 box is running the IMS service still with address spce of * cost 2. The 2003 box is running the same address space cost 1. Messages submitted via smtp for relay on the 5.5 box disappear??? They are accepted no problem but never delivered.. they are delivered to internet users no problem.. but outside they just disappear... Help... ...

Newsgroups unread items counter
Dear All, I've set up an Exchange Server 2003 and created newsgroups there. Then in Outlook, I open Public Folders, then Internet Newsgroups. Any folder within there is not showing unread message counter. Is there any way so the unread counter appears next to each newsgroup? Show number of unread threads / number of total items properties are greyed out. There is a checkbox next to "Maintain per-user unread message counter" in Public Folder properties in System Manager. Thank you, Rostislav In news:eCoqpH38GHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Rostislav Yevdyukhin <bloodh...

Sending mail out via two routes
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me here... We have an Exchange 5.5 server (Will be upgrading this to 2003 at some point!) Currently, all mail in and out of the company goes via another (In-House) server with GFI Mail Essentials installed. We have two ADSL providers, and a firewall that routes all mail traffic over one provider (It routes everything else over the other provider, unless that line is down, then it routs everything over the working connection) - we would like to configure it so, if this "mail" ADSL line goes down, the other line will then take over sending ...

Server Mail retention with outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have outlook POP3 setup so as I could keep all my messages on the server and at the same time outlook is smart enough to know which are the new messages to download? sometimes, it downloads all my messages all over again.... Regards, MWGP Certainly you can but it is most likely your AV scanner that is causing = the problem with your multiple downloads of email, not Outlook. Disable = scanning email. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

How do I merge an Excel mailing List with Microsoft Word Document
I have columns or in the old DOS version "fields" where I have placed first name, Last name, street address, City, State and Zip. In addition I have a field for the Salutation which may contain more than one first name, i.e. Mary and Joe. I want to merge these individual rows in excel into a Word document. Kookie For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for c...

WStored e-mails
I am using Windows Mail in Vista Home premium. Can you give me the path to locate my saved e-mail? Thank you very much. Gene L. Tools-> Options-> tab Advanced-> button Maintenance...-> button Storage Folder... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring ...

FYI: Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

import Windows Mail files to Outlook 2007
I just upgraded from Vista to Win 7, and since Win 7 doesn't support Mail, I need to import my old mail files to Outlook. Sounds simple enough, but I have a couple issues -- I have several user accounts on the computer, and for 2 of the accounts I had Windows Mail configured to point to the same folder locations (under the "Public" folders) so that we could share e-mail. So, the active mail account was not under either of our own user accounts; and we shared access. Now, when I try to import the files into Outlook (and I can't export from Mail, since it...

Adding Days (i.e. Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur...) to sheet
I wish to add the days of the week to a spreadsheet and skip every other column. This can easily be done by manually entering it; however, as the date changes with it's corresponding day from month to month there is a need to change these every 2 weeks. For example, lets say that the 1st of last month, October, fell on a Saturday. This month it falls on a Tuesday. I wish to be able to open the spreadsheet, go to the cell containing the day of the 1st (i.e. Sat) and change it to the new day (Tue) with it resulting in all preceeding days changing accordingly. Is this possible? How wou...

Mail Merge results not correct
Hello I am using CRM 4.0 with Office 2003 SP3. My problem is that when I do an Advance Find and select Mail Merge into Word most of the Contacts do not make it into the mail merge. My Advance Find results in around 304 records so I am not sure if that is the problem. Is there a hot fix I might be missing? I have tried to repair both CRM and Word and nothing works. -- Thanks We are getting the same problem here. Even with smaller lists (<100), the problem occurs. It seems to randomly filter out records from the list. Same occurs when we try to mail merge to a marketing list. ...

Can't delete e-mail #2
I am desperate -- I have not been able to delete several messages from my inbox. I get the message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, please restart Outlook. I really need to get rid of the old e-mail since the Inbox is filling up like crazy. Please, can anyone help me? It's a shot in the dark but have you tried running ScanPST.exe on your PST file? "Alyssa" <info@advol.com> wrote in message news:06a901c366c0$b558b730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am desperate -- > > I have not been able to delete several message...

Where's my mail?
I'm running exchange 2003, I have a user that I moved his PST to the information store. He is NOT using PST or OST every few hours all the mail disappears! I check through system manager & OWA and nothing is there. The contacts,deleted items, and note remain but the inbox is empty. Any ideas? Every few hours? Well, I was going to say Views or Rules, but it sounds as if something is sychronizing or popping that email on a schedule. If you have Deleted Item Retention enabled and have appllied the DumpsterAlwaysOn reg tweak , all those emailsl are probably sitting in the dumpster und...

Outlook 2002 and MSN e/mail
Hi: Had a total system meltdown and now it's fixed, however I cannot remember how to Outlook 2002 to receive noe send e/mail. MSN address is different from my hotmail Outlook address. Can anyone help this novice who is at her wits end? thank you if you have a paid msn account you can use pop, http, or the outlook connector for msn. I think the server addresses are pop3.mail.msn.com and SMTP.mail.msn.com - check for sure at msn. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, ...