E-mail Tracking 2003

I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the
option to not send "read receipts" - can this be
disabled?  A lot of my users in the past have relied on
getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails -
they are very unhappy about the recipient having an
option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook
2003.

Jane
0
anonymous (74722)

Jane wrote:
> I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the
> option to not send "read receipts" - can this be
> disabled?  A lot of my users in the past have relied on
> getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails -
> they are very unhappy about the recipient having an
> option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook
> 2003.
>
> Jane

It's up to the recipient. A lot of people (myself included) hate getting
read receipt requests and deny them by default. Your users can phone the
recipient if they aren't getting info they need....

0
lanwench (7567)
9/30/2004 2:31:28 AM
Jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the
> option to not send "read receipts" - can this be
> disabled?  A lot of my users in the past have relied on
> getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails -
> they are very unhappy about the recipient having an
> option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook
> 2003.

I believe it's possible if all the recipients are on the same Exchange
server and/or in the same Active Directory, but I don't know the details.

What makes your unhappy people think it's any of their business whether or
not someone else reads his or her mail?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/30/2004 2:05:01 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:
> Jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the
>> option to not send "read receipts" - can this be
>> disabled?  A lot of my users in the past have relied on
>> getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails -
>> they are very unhappy about the recipient having an
>> option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook
>> 2003.
>
> I believe it's possible if all the recipients are on the same Exchange
> server and/or in the same Active Directory, but I don't know the
> details.
>
> What makes your unhappy people think it's any of their business
> whether or not someone else reads his or her mail?

Yep - that's what process servers are for! :-)

0
lanwench (7567)
9/30/2004 5:47:58 PM
Thanks for the info - now how do I tell my control freak
user that she has to accept the changes in 2003!

0
anonymous (74722)
10/5/2004 12:21:32 AM
Jane wrote:
> Thanks for the info - now how do I tell my control freak
> user that she has to accept the changes in 2003!

Email her. :-)

0
lanwench (7567)

Text wrap in Publisher 2003
Hi all! Doesn't Publisher 2003 recognize automatically white areas around pictures like Publisher 2000 when using text wrap around the picture? Only way to do this automatically - that I know - is to save picture with Alpha Channel. EB Publisher 2003 works the same as 2000, just a little more manual work. With bitmaps you have to adjust the wrap points, but there are far fewer and the points are exactly where you put them. In 2000 the wrap points were arbitrarily placed, line art images end up with large numbers of wrap points at times. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microso...

How to track down spoofed e-mails
A customer of mine is currently having someone sending out e-mail from one or more 3rd party e-mail relay servers not related to his domain where they're putting some made up or dictionary name in the reply to field followed by his domain name. Many times the person in the reply to field doesn't even exist. So when the message comes back, it gets delivered to the postmaster account. For the people that actually receive the e-mail, they think it came from my customers domain, so he's getting a lot of nasty replies asking to be taken off the list. The 2003 Exchange server is als...

Receiving "Unknown" error opening DB tables (Office 2003 SP3)
I am receiving an error opening tables that only says "Unknown" and I cannot run the create table wizard. Here is what I have done so far: 1. I have reinstalled Office 2003, and upgraded to SP3. 2. The DB is written in Access 2000 and the default file format has been set to Access 2000. 3. Forms, Queries, and Reports all work well. 4. I cannot open a table, run it in design view or run the create table wizard. 5. I have not been able to install KB829558 for Microsoft Jet Pack 4.0. I receive an error saying this hotfix is older than the one installed on the PC. Has an...

win 2003
Is eOrder supported on windows 2003? I am getting a HTTP 404 error on my company's eOrder installation. How do I troubleshoot the error. In eOrder, when viewing existing orders, how can I add the order number 'SOPNUME' next to the master number. The older eOrder product? I am pretty sure it is not supported on Windows 2003. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jack Tundra" wrote: > Is eOrder supported on windows 2003? I am getting a HTTP 404 error on my > company's eOrder installation. How do I troubleshoot the error. > > > > In eOrder, when vi...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

Internet Mail Queue
In my Internet Mail Service queue for outbound mail awaiting delivery, I see quite a few from myself and others with "<>" in the originator field with destinations that I did not send e-mails to. What is this? Your server is sending (or trying to send) an NDR or read receipt to a sender. Probably to a spammer. Jeffs wrote: > In my Internet Mail Service queue for outbound mail > awaiting delivery, I see quite a few from myself and > others with "<>" in the originator field with destinations > that I did not send e-mails to. What is this? Is ...

Sent e-mails going to th wrong folder
Why does my e-mails go to my In-box and not to Sent Items when I send them out. Outlook Live XP Home SP2 ...

Switching from outlook express to office outlook 2003?
them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how to switch to it and get all email and addresses from outlook express and import to office outlook 2003. Do I just delete outlook express? -- dagnag You don't have to delete Outlook Express. Just go into OUTLOOK. Click on Tools, Options. Now click on the 'Other' Tab - now check the box to make Outlook the default email program. "dagnag" wrote: > them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how > to switch to it and get all email and addresses fr...

exchange 5.5 and windows 2003
I have a windows NT 4.0 domain environment and i am running exchange 5.5 on a member server. i am planning to upgrade the pdc to windows 2003 and i move to active directory. Can anyone help me with directions on how exchange 5.5directory will communicate with active directory.Because upgrading to exchange 2003 is not happenning in the near future. Mikeolo The Exchange 5.5 directory will not communicate with AD. It'll just continue to run happily on its own as it did under NT. -Peter "mike olo" <wewe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ece01c48ece$265cf550$a501280...

publisher 2003 install with office 2003 std volume license
will this install without issue? Publisher is part of Office PRO but not STD. We have both but the HR person does not presently have PRO and we would have to buy a license. We push down the install from the serverbecause of volume licensing. We would like to get the stand alone with digital imaging (if we do vol license for Office PRo we would not have it) But we don't want any gotcha's if the standalon will not install properly. Hi jp (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || will this install without issue? || || Publisher is pa...

MSWord 2003: how can I adapt US keyboard to UK English?
MSWord 2003: how can I adapt a US keyboard layout to use UK English? The layout of a keyboard does not prevent you from typing in UK English? Set Windows Regional settings to UK English and the keyboard to US English and the keyboard will type what is illustrated on the key caps. If you have an IBM PS2 keyboard and more money than sense, you could buy a new set of key caps and replace the US caps with the UK ones. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web ...

Issue with slow mail on Exchange 2003
Morning, I seem to be having a problem with my Exchange 2003 box, where intermittently, the outbound email will get "stuck" for lack of a better way to put it. An email sent at 3 p.m. this afternoon sat until 4:26, when it was finally delivered, along with a bunch of other emails. Now, when this happened again tonight (been going on for about a week now), i checked the tracking logs. For an email being sent, it just stated "SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store". It wasn't for another 40 minutes that the email was finally dsubmitted to Advanced Queu...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

blank e-mail messages
My outlook express opens fine...receives messages and lists them. But when I click on one to open it..I get a blank screen. What's wrong??? MOORFLWR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My outlook express opens fine...receives messages and > lists them. But when I click on one to open it..I get a > blank screen. What's wrong??? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Help! All file menus and buttons have disappeard in Visio 2003
I''ve been using Visio 2003 for exactly one day. Somehow, all my File etc menus have disappeared along with every menu bar and button. And I see no way to get them back because there is no View menu for me to get to! I've tried all the F1-F12 keys - can someone help me bring my menus back??? Thanks Ben Hi Ben, Following knowledge base articles may help you to resolve the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305400 - Toolbar, toolbar button, or menu bar is missing in Visio http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291213 - Menus, toolbars, and stencils disappear in full-screen v...

Mailbox move after Exchange 2003 upgrade
I have 3 mailservers in my domain. Before I upgraded from 2000 to 2003 I was able to move mailboxes between servers without a problem. Now when I select a mailbox to move it looks like I do not have any other exchange servers to move them to. Has anyone had this problem before. My other 2 mailservers are on Exchange 2003 and have been for some time now. ...

E-mail #50
I am trying to get my yahoo.com email address to show up in outlook so I can access it though there can that be done? And if so how? Aloha Double, Maybe. Is this a free Yahoo! account or a paid subscription? Does your Yahoo! account support connecting to it via POP3? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > I am trying to get my yahoo.com email address to show up in outlook so > I can access it though there can that be done? And if so how? > ...

XPrint and Outlook 2003
About a third of the machines that we've deployed Outlook 2003 to will crash if the XPrint add-in is loaded. The error happens when you open a message, print it, and then close the message. Outlook will crash out when the message is closed and put the following in the event log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x00000038. It doesn't matter if the message being printed is a custom for or a normal mail message, if the XPrint add-in is loaded, Outlook will crash. Any...

2003 .ade "unrecognized format" error
I had a 2000 .adp file that I converted to a 2003 .adp file. It converted correctly to 2003 and works perfectly. The code compiled and I then created a .ade file. The .ade file created without any errors. But when I try to open the .ade file I get the error: "The database is in an unrecognized format" and then it never opens. I have opened up MS Access 2003 and then file -> Open the .ade file and it still gives me the error. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so, is there a fix for it? Thank you for your time, T.J. ...

Outlook 2003 stop receiving email
I have a client who is using MS Outlook 2003, and as of yesterday she can no longer receive email, she can send but nothing comes in. We use OWA and we see all her email that should be coming in but isn't. Any ideas why or how can I check the SMTP/POP3 ports to make sure they are 25 and 110? Thanks, ...

unintentional BCC Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000
I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened in a simple 'reply all' as well, when no one was using BCC. Any ideas? -- regards, Zach ZachP wrote: > I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but > the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a > result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened > in a simple 'reply all'...

Outlook 2003 makes me want to go postal at Microsoft!
Here's my story, maybe someone can tell me what I did wrong or if there are known bugs or something. I bought Office 2003 to upgrade my older Office XP or whatever it's called. The install went fine and everything seemed to be working until I noticed that the option to read news was gone from Internet Explorer. After a while I found the convoluted way of adding it to Outlook 2003 by customizing the toolbar and dragging "news" from the "go submenu and all that. When I first did this I accidentally put news on the main toolbar and I decided I wanted it under "go"...

e-mail history increases the font size
I have an issue where certain e-mails will continually increase the font size of e-mail as the message gets sent back and forth. I have a word document with the text in it if anyone would like to see. Basically, with each reply, the history part of the message increases in size. By the time you bounce a message back and forth a few times, the font at the bottom is HUGE. Has anyone seen this before? Outlook 2002/Exchange system Thanks, Rich ...

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

Question about E-mail templates in 3.0
Do anyone knows whether it is possible to customize email templates to include e.g. flash or jpeg’s or just a plain word dodument?? ...