e-mail problem

hello, after installing a linksys WRT54G Broadband
Router, I can no longer send e-mails through Outlook
Express. Any ideas?

0
anonymous (74722)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office
family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"kacy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello, after installing a linksys WRT54G Broadband
> Router, I can no longer send e-mails through Outlook
> Express. Any ideas?

0
mvp1 (459)

Spot Color problems
This time I got a logo (red and black) that was embedded as a jpg. I go to click tools/commercial press/spot color and it all turns black. OK, I save the embedded file to Photoshop. Reformat the thing as a tif file put Red 186 in then save. Go back to the job - link the new picture and it STILL comes in all black. I have to print this thing on a printing press. What am I doing wrong?? Sheesh - MS Publisher 2002. Thanks Donna <> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Donna <Donna>!"... > This time I got a logo (red and black) that was embed...

Outlook conflicting with Windows Mail
I have Vista Business. I get e-mails from Yahoo groups. When I left click Reply to sender or Reply to group I get Outlook opening up to handle it, even though the e-mail is received via Windows Mail. I want that stopped. I use Windows Mail to handle everything, Outlook is just for handling Business contact info until I'm sure I want it permanent. The problem started when I downloaded the trial version of Outlook and it just started doing that BS on its own. How do I get it back to having Windows Mail handle that? Thank you, Mike Tried setting your mail handler in Internet Options...

Outlook 2003 not receiving mail
I have a Laptop with Outlook 2003 setup with offline files. This computer will sit few only a few minutes and then will no longer send and receive. It forces you to hit the send receive button to get your mail. I have it set to automatically send receive every 4 mins, but this is not happening. Any help would be great. Thanks ...

Solver Problem
Hopefully, I have posted this in the right place . . . . I have a 2 page spreadheet. Page 1 contains data (customers, depots and locations) and a summary of the results Page 2 contains all the messy calculations (essentially calc cost of delivering to a number customers, each customer can be delivered to from a number of depots, pick a the chepaest depot for each customer, all up the total cost for all customers) I want to pick locations for the depots so that the total cost is smallest. So I tell it to use only one depot and ask solver to change the coordinates to minimise total cost.. Work...

Mapping Cutom Picklist Problems
I am having a problem mapping a custom picklist. I created a custom attribute called New_Lender in three entities Opportunity, Quote, & Orders. I mapped these in several ways. From "Opportunity to Quote", "Quote to Order" and "Opportunity to Order". When I create an opportunity and select the appropriate lender from the picklist and continue up the process to quote or order the lender picklist does not map. I already have created other pick lists in this same way and they behave ok. I checked to see that the read only integers for the picklist matched up betwe...

adding subject line to e-mail template
I have depts in my company who weekly send me a spreadsheet of companys to receive a standard e-mail sent using Outlook 98. I created a DOT file in Word for the e- mail body. I set the mail format to Word and the template to the DOT file. Since the subject is the same for each e- mail, is there a way to add the subject line to the template? ...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

Sending a report to word then mailing it.
is there a way to send a report by email as a word doc. i have messed about with the button wizard and managed to get the report to attach to an email. the only thing is it only attached as a rtf, txt or html file. and these do not show the report as it appears on access. how can i do it, so the recipient can print it off sa it is on my screen. Cheers To get the exact same report you need to export to Snapshot Format (viewer & add-in Downloadable from microsoft) Pieter "Steve Moss" <SteveMoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED6150E8-C397-4D2F-...

Saving e-mails on server
I am having a problem with my e-mails being saved on the server of my internet provider. When that file is full, I do not receive any e-mails. I have gone onto providers website and deleted the 152 or so messages. One would think that would fix the problem, but no soap. I am told that my Outlook is set up to save these messages to the server? Any thoughts or suggestions? Or if you really do want them on the server because you check your email from multiple PCs, just leave the box checked but then check one of the other boxes for Delete after XX days or Delete when you delete the m...

E-Mail-Router Problem
CRM-Version 3 RTM (german) We have the problem, that while trying to route incomming e-mails to CRM the following soap-error-messsage in the event-viewer appears as mentioned below. We created an dissabled account ("CRMRouter") on AD for the e-mail-Router and activated the "CRMMailEnabled"-attribute. After installing the Router on the exchange-server we used the rule-deployment-assistant to create the rule for copying the mails, which are send to an specific user to the CRMRouter-account. Then the router should take this mails and create activities in CRM. But we...

unable to access any featuress on Live mail
I downloaded latest version overnight. it has uploaded all the mail and files, and looks for changes (receive new mails). When i try to click on anything in th live mail screen, I cannot (seems frozen screen) nothing is able to be activited by clicking over any feature in the Live mail. I also cannot click on any dropdowns etc to close out in the top right. Any suggestions ? I have been accessing my hotmail account without any errors prior to this through web and ive messenger. thanks ...

missing new mail notification icon
Hello, I have 2 users running Office 2007 Enterprise SP2 on Vista Enterprise SP2 and each is missing their new mail notification icons. I understand this only works with mail that remains in the inbox (instead of being moved via a rule to another folder). Neither user is hiding the taskbar and "show an envelope icon in the notification area" is enabled in Advance e-mail options of outlook. Any suggestions for what else to look for here? thanks, CK "CK" <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBFB0D51-EA91-4F3D-A9C0-E40F242BE83C@m...

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...

How to send a Publisher file via e-mail
I would like to be able to send flyers (made with Publisher 2000) via e-mail to our clients but many recipients do not have publisher in order to open the attachment. does anyone have any suggestions? PDF is the way to do it. No other satisfactory method. -- Might be the simplistic answer but.... Convert then to PDF first. ther's no reader available for Publisher but Adobe Acrobat is free everywhere. -- Best Regards, Bill Frost. Liverpool. U.K. (Outgoing mail Virus checked by Norton AV 2002) "Cathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21...

Changing name on windows e-mail
My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I HAVE ON FACEBOOK. Please explain in more detail. "southernlady@att.net" <southernlady@att.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E674E4C3-6ED5-490E-82F1-22F43FA17256@microsoft.com... > My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I > HAVE > ON FACEBOOK. Windows Mail does not have anything to do with your email address. Your email provider dictates what that address would be. Email providers actually provide you with an email...

Why doesn't Windows Live Mail delete read mails
I have Windows Live Mail setup where it should not leave mail on the server but that doesn't matter because Windows Mail seems to ignore that preference. Even though I've read an email I still have to mark them for deletion using Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail. This is also true using other email client software no emails are removed from the servers despite preference settings. I'm sure the same applies to Newsgroups, so I get the feeling I'm reading some of the same headers again. Each email client has to have the 'Leave a copy...' unchec...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

Can I create a http based mail for outlook (like hotmail) in Xchg ?
Hi, Is it possible to create an http based mail to be received by outlook ? Just like what hotmail is providing, if I'm using MS Exchange server ? So, users can send/receive mail without using the POP3 port ? Any help appreciated ! ^-^ TIA Alex Oh, I don't wish OWA cos it's pure web only, I'm trying to formulate a solution for travellers to work offline, so they can download all emails to work locally even they're offline (on the road). POP3 would do the job, but many sites have firewalls to block that port, if I can use http (which most sites allow) then may ...

Grouping/ungrouging problem
I have several rows which give me the totals of information in other sheets. Let's put it graphically: This is my main sheet: _____________________________________ : Type 1 Type 2 : Category A 50 40 : Category B 20 10 : -------------------- : TOTAL 70 50 : :____________/ Sheet 1 - Totals \____________ The information of the different categories come from sheets like this: _____________________________________ : Date Type 1 Type 2 : xx/xx/xx 15 ...

Work Order Partial Close Problem
Does anyone know of a way to close a partial Work Order where the deposit is not equal to the full amount. For example- Customer comes in and orders 4 pieces of furniture for $1000 and pays deposit of $600. 3 pieces we have in stock and deliver them to customer, 1 piece out standing on Purchase Order 10 week delivery. 3 pieces delivered retail for $600 and we would like to close them off the Work Order. If the Order had a deposit for the full amount no problem. As POS is, it will not let you do a Partial Pick Up if the order is not paid in full. Thanks in advance, Edward Jensen ...

export problems for Excel
Hi all, Some of our users experience problems with exports to MS Excel. The thing is that currencies are not recognized by Excel as such, e.g. the Est. Revenue (from the Opportunity view) column is displayed there as text. Trying to resolve this by changing the format for the column in Excel actually doesn't help, as the figures e.g. can still not be used for formulas. Is this fixed by changing general settings in Excel? Can someone tell what settings? Thank you for replying, Basman What version of Excel are your users running? I haven't been able to recreate this. When I expor...

Problem in saving data in the customized case entity
Hi all, We have a Customized Case Entity in CRM 3.0 about a Patient ,with each case having detailed information like history,insurance,case contacts,Schedules etc On Visit Schedules, we have attributes like order shipped date and fax order received etc. when I enter the shipped date and save it the modified by field has the System account instead of the user who is modifying. We have to reassign the system user to the User who is actually modifying it manually.This happens for all the users in CRM. Can anyone guess where the problem could be? Thanks Karthik Generally, the SYSTEM us...

Reminder Problem #2