E-mail merge using Word

Simply stated, I have completed the e-mail merge using Word's merge task wizzard.  All looks good.  The final window asks me to map the To field, Subject line, etc and I hit OK.  Then.....no e-mails are sent.  I used my own e-mail as a test and recieved nothing.  I am using Outlook 2003.  Does anyone know why the e-mails are not being sent??
0
anonymous (74722)

What do you mean "map the To: field?" What do you select? What happens?
Hw is your Outlook Address Book configured?
What is your default mail program?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Fred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Simply stated, I have completed the e-mail merge using Word's merge task
wizzard.  All looks good.  The final window asks me to map the To field,
Subject line, etc and I hit OK.  Then.....no e-mails are sent.  I used my
own e-mail as a test and recieved nothing.  I am using Outlook 2003.  Does
anyone know why the e-mails are not being sent??

0
russval (3097)
2/20/2004 7:36:13 PM
Works for me. Try saving the message and close Word and Outlook. Then open
the document and try sending it again.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tip of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar

Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"Fred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Simply stated, I have completed the e-mail merge using Word's merge task
wizzard.  All looks good.  The final window asks me to map the To field,
Subject line, etc and I hit OK.  Then.....no e-mails are sent.  I used my
own e-mail as a test and recieved nothing.  I am using Outlook 2003.  Does
anyone know why the e-mails are not being sent??

0
Roady

What is the best email to use with Outlook 2007?
I have heard that gmail POP works best with Outlook 2007. What does the community think? Note too that I use Yahoo desktop search X1, which says it does not index POP and no other web baised email, like hotmail. Nonetheless, it does index outlook 2007, but still it won't index hotmail. "bretsharon" wrote: > I have heard that gmail POP works best with Outlook 2007. What does the > community think? On Sep 19, 5:06 pm, bretsharon <bretsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Note too that I use Yahoo desktop search X1, which says it does not index POP >...

Does MS CRM 3.0 use Impersonation/Delegation model...?
Hi, I wanted to check on the authentication method used by MS CRM web server in communicating with the database when they are installed on seperate servers.. Does it use trusted sub system model (where Db trusts the web/app server for authentication of orginal callers) OR delegation model (where original caller's credentails are passed to the DB)..? Thanks, Nandi ...

Writing to windows registry using XML....
Dear All, I have query regarding the registry. Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. I am just a beginner in XML. thanks in advance. Regards, Umesh kbnumesh@gmail.com wrote: > I have query regarding the registry. > > Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? > if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. Why do you want to use XML when dealing with the Windows registry? It is not based on XML so I don't see that XML helps. The .NET framework 2.0 has this class <...

Using the Text Formula
I have a range of cells that I want to apply the =LOWER function to but each time that I go to make the text lowercase the text disappears from the cell. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I was possibly doing wrong? capnhud, with the text you want to change in column A, in B1 put =LOWER(A1) and copy down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "capnhud" <capnhud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Create New Style in MS Word 2007
Hi I am trying to create a new style in MS Word 2007 that should go after "Heading 3". I am can't use Heading 4 since it is not numbered. So my document has levels 1 1.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 << This is the new style I am trying to create. But unfortunately I am not able to find a way to number it and use the "Continue Number from previous list". Also how to add levels to the style. Is there any way to copy Heading 3 and start from there? Thanks in advance. -- kuul13 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ k...

Use that security update
--mkiwhwpnjcjb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sxwxczsxhcxkocu"; type="multipart/alternative" --sxwxczsxhcxkocu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nmfgoiam" --nmfgoiam Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

how do I set up the fax in word 2007
can anyone tell me how to set up the fax facility There is no fax facility in Word. If you have a fax modem installed and fax software, you should also have a fax 'printer' driver. Print to that. http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

New Mail Delivery Glitch
We are running Outlook XP with Exchange Server and out of 300 users this problem is occuring for about 6 (so far). All installations were identical. Attempts to rectify so far have included the installation of SP1 and SP2, running of detect and repair and deletion and recreation of profile - none of which have worked. Problem : New emails are not visible in the inbox until an existing email (already read) is selected and opened. Only then do any new emails get delivered. Additional symptoms are that neither the little envelope icon in the notification area of the task bar nor the &...

Delete all mail??
Is there a simple way to delete all mail from a user mailbox (one mailbox)? I have a user who has built up almost half a million emails and I need to purge that account of all the mail. Simply logging on via outlook and trying to select all and delete is useless due to "Insufficient Memory".... Help, any ideas? Thanks, Dan You can try running Exmerge against the mailbox, and choosing the Archive option, which will remove all mail from the source. You could also just delete the mailbox, purge it from the Exchange System Manager, and create a new one. That would probably b...

Incoming Mail Routed Incorrectly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5770F.EC215770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, This may be more relevant to SBS group but I've posted here as well = since it's an Exchange issue. Over the weekend upgraded SBS 2000 to SBS = 2003 including Exchange 2003. Also applied latest service packs. POP3 = connector is configured with a global mailbox and routing rules for = incoming mail. The problem we are having is incoming mail is sometimes = routed incorrectly - and it seem...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Restoring shares WITH share permissions using DPM
I'm backing up about 58 shares (using DPM 2007 SP1) and need to restore said shares to another (duplicate) server. Upon restore, the share permissions are missing, while the security permissions remain intact. I'm backing up what appears to be volumes and shares so I can recover either way as well....but the results are the same, no share permissions restored. Is there a step\process I'm missing???? Any help appreciated! Restoring share permissions is not supported by DPM. Though DPM allows protecting at share level, it backups/restores data underneath it incl...

Problems with Mail Merge from Word 2000 to Outlook 2000 in Win98
Hi there- I've been successful at trouble shooting my employees many mail merge problems, but this one is stumping me: Windows 98 Outlook 2000 Word 2000 Mail merge from a Word doc, no errors in the merge data, but the messages never show up in the Outlook outbox. Possible issues: computer also has Outlook Express 6 on it and Eudora. But shouldn't matter, becase neither of those have mail merge capabilities from Word. Any thoughts? Many thanks Jesse It sure could matter. Outlook must be your default mail program. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jesse.littlewood@gmail.com>...

Mail-hosting
I'm tring to host mail for another company. Earlier there was a hosting guide on ms' website, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know where this info is to be found? http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/hostedexchange/default.asp -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eirik" <bla@bla.bla> wrote in message news:O%23NalybQEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I&...

Any add on products I can use with SOP
We are trying to keep track of our orders that are not ready to be processed for reasons such as waiting for approval from customer, waiting for confirm ship date, needing customization and therefore take longer in production... We want to be able to add a comment that has a date and an action date. Date is the date someone enter in a comment, action date will be a date when someone needs to follow up. We need multiple dates and multiple comments for a single order and do not want everything type together in one comment field. We already have collection main module and we can use so...

Formatting Phone Numbers in a Merged Cells...
If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into 1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit format for the phone/fax numbers? The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and are hard to read. Currently using a formula like this: =A3&" Phone: "&B3&" Fax: "&C3 I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer here. Thank you in advance! One way: =A3 & TEXT(B3,""" Phone:...

archiving e-mail .pst file limit
Hi , is ther a file size limit for the .pst file? I have had problems with users who have a pst file close to 2gig not being able to archive files unless they create a new pst file and then they are able to archive. Also if there is a size limit , can it be reset to a higher size? Thanks 2GB is the file size limit for pst-files created in Outlook 97-2002 and cannot be extended. The pst-files created in Outlook 2003 by default can become 20GB but can be extended to a virtual unlimited size. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up ...

send to mail all the context
I need to send by mail all the context of a folder something like "z:\transmission\*.*" but it doesn´t work like this. I nned to do this becouse not always are the sema names for the files, they can change, but I always have to send them no matters the name they have. Try this for thr files in the folder C:\Data Sub Mail_workbooks_Outlook() Dim FNames As String Dim MyPath As String Dim SaveDriveDir As String Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object SaveDriveDir = CurDir MyPath = "C:\Data" '<----- Change this path ChDri...

Can a workbook be used as a function
Hi, I have an excel workbook (A) that givern three parameters, temp1, temp and flow calculates the energy transfer for a process we conduct, have another workbook (B) which contains the hourly logged data for th process from which we generate monthly reports. Is it possible to use workbook (A) like a function and pass to it th three parameters from workbook (B) and return to workbook (B) th answer ie. energy transfered. Workbook (B) contain approx 750 logs so i need to repeat th calculation 750 times I could link the two which works for the first piece of logged data bu how to automatically...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Outlook's Junk e-mail filter relationship to Hotmail?
I was surprised to learn recently that Outlook's Junk e-mail feature controls junk mail routing on Hotmail's server when you use Outlook to access your Hotmail. It seems to even take precedence over exceptions you have set on Hotmail itself. I always assumed Outlook's (2003 SP1, latest filter) junk mail filtering strictly controlled what happened once the mail hit the *client*, but apparently not in this case. The end result is that you pretty much have to create exceptions on both the client and the server in order to prevent certain mails from winding up in Hotmail's J...

See other people mails
Hi, I want to see all incomings and out goings messages by my boss .How to do that in exchange 2003? also see external pops mail all users in exchange 2003 thanks Hi, One of the options is to enable message journaling or archival as it's sometimes known. In Exchange System Manager, navigate to the mailbox store, and bring up the properties sheet. On the front page of that you can select a button with the description : Archive all message sent or received by mailboxes on this store. Underneath that you can specify the location that the mails should be archived to. This is n...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Need Help Using A Custom Session Manager
Hi. I have some questions about session management. I have decided to use a custom session manager class to have more control over session state in my web site. I have started out by using Stephan Prodan's Session Class here: http://stefanprodan.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3DC%2523 You'll need to take a look (which I appreciate immensely) to get a sense of what I am talking about. 1) My first question pertains to how I persist and access my session information after a user authenticates (or doesn't). In his exam...

When to use contact and account
We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual customers and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storing both of them in the Account entity. Is this a good approach or will it have any impact on the OOTB functionality. Should we be using contact for Individual customers? Thanks, MVJ On Jan 12, 7:47=A0pm, mvj123 <mvj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual custom= ers > and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storin= g > both of them i...