e-mail address privacy question

I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new
product introduction.

I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before.

If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone
else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their
e-mail addresses to be public like this.

Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail
addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see
everyone else's e-mail address?

Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses in the "Bcc" field?

Thanks

Peter

0
pmad (1)

Use Mail Merge. Word or Outlook Help has instructions.

"Peter Maddern" wrote:

> I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new
> product introduction.
>
> I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before.
>
> If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone
> else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their
> e-mail addresses to be public like this.
>
> Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail
> addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see
> everyone else's e-mail address?
>
> Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses in the "Bcc" field?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

0
Mary1 (682)
8/29/2008 12:20:07 AM
Either BCC or mail merge will work just fine - mail merge works better =
to be able to customize the message further but BCC will hide the =
recipients from each other.  Downside to BCC is that you need to use a =
dummy address in the TO: field for many ISPs to pass the message.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Peter Maddern asked:

| I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about
| a new product introduction.
|=20
| I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before.
|=20
| If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees
| everyone else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients
| won't want their e-mail addresses to be public like this.
|=20
| Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail
| addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see
| everyone else's e-mail address?
|=20
| Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses in the "Bcc" field?
|=20
| Thanks
|=20
| Peter
0
Milly

probleme pour envoyer certain mail
Bonjour, Je rencontre un probleme sur certain mail qui restent dans la boite d'envois d'outlook XP. Ce probleme se produits la plus part du temps lorsque le mail comporte des pieces jointes. Comment puis je faire pour remedier a mon probleme ? Merci de votre aide ; Francois. Bonjour fchiausa -- essai microsoft.public.fr.outlook. Bonne chance! -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ebde804e.0404190723.2740456e@posting.google.com, fchiausa wrote...

loop until questions
I have a sheet that prints out time cards at my request. Currently, th code does the following (I have simplified it for this example, but i works perfectly); sub tcardprint () sheets("emp Master").select range("A1:C55").copy ' current employee info sheets("print format").select range("A1").pastespecial xlvalues sheets("print timecard").select ' formats info to car format activesheet.print....copies..1 etc ' prints card for 1st emp sheets("print format").select range("A2:B...

reply [from] email address identification
I have two email accounts that are surveyed by Outlook. One is a Pop3 account and the other is an MSN account. I have selected the Pop3 account as my default. Also, a pop-up option allowed me to receive the Pop3 email in the existing [MSN] account. So in my favorites inbox appears emails related to both accounts. If i generate a new email, the reply address [ie the sent from address] is indicated as the Pop3 address. if I reply to a Pop3 rec'd email my return address is indicated as my Pop3 address. However, if I reply to an email originally addressed to my MSN address, my reply wil...

Something keeps changing mail settings
In accounts, properties, servers My incoming POP3 mail server setting and account name setting are unstable. Soemthing keeps changing them. The incoming mail server is being changed to "localhost" and the account name keeps being changed to have my e-mail address appended onto the end of it. Very vexing and frustrating matter. Running Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) and Outlook Express 5 (5.00.2615.200) Running five machines in peer to peer home network. This is happ[enbijg to th4e two machiunes that use OPutlook and Outlook Express as mail, managers. Anybody seen or heard...

Outlook Security Form question
Hi there, The company who hired me was having issues with the Object Model Guard in combination with a document archiving system. I solved it by adding the com addins to the trusted code tab on a Outlook security form. The only thing I find strange is that the form does not show up in the Public folder view when viewed from a computer that does not have the ocx and dll registrered, required to manage the form. It is however processed by outlook on those clients. Is this normal behaviour???? I never noticed it in the past, because I have these files registred on my boxes. Regards, Mark ...

Mail Merge Freeze
Am using MS Publisher 2000 and trying to mail merge an Access file with 1,673 names/addresses into a postcard. Publisher freezes each time after it locates the file I want and present a window for editing. Even if I deselect all and then check off only 5 names at a time, it freezes...won't allow me to go to the next step. When I hit CTRL+ALT=DEL the window opens and says Publisher is not responding (I'll say!). Any suggestions? ...

Getting rid of Windows Mail
Whenever I enter into Windows Mail, it takes all of the e-mails from my online account and I can no longer view those e-mails online. This is beginning to be a problem when I'm not at home and need to access certain e-mails that have been moved to my Windows Mail on my laptop. How do I move all of my e-mails in Windows Mail, back to my comcast account and stop Windows Mail from transferring all of my e-mails every time I open it? I will also be travelling abroad soon without my laptop and need to access imporant e-mails that have been moved to my laptop. "Bri" &...

How do I acces my sent mail in outlook?
How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? Open the "Sent" folder. sbrogdon wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? click on the Sent Items folder "sbrogdon" wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? sbrogdon wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? So just what folders is are listed in the folder tree list shown in your install of Outlook? What type of e-mail account (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, Exchange) do you access using Outlook? From WHERE did you send the e-mail? Using Outlook, using a different e-mail ...

Mail Store Offline
Hello Everyone, We are running Exchange 2003. Last night our Exchange server went offline from what appears to be due to our Mail Store reaching it's maximum size. This is what the Event Viewer indicated even after rebooting the server. However, when I looked at our priv1.edb file the size was under 14 GB (13,819,144 KB). This would indicate that we have not reached the 16 GB limit? I know looking at the size of this file is not the most accurate way to get the size of our Mail Store but it should indicate roughly how much space we are using. I did an offline defrag and did a Te...

Lost/help not finding the correct terminology questions for help
I am building a simple work book My first row where my titles need to be are 2 rows tall to enter my data. Typing always starts at the bottom left hand corner I want typing to start at top left corner so I can enter my 2 rows of data?? 2nd question: My wk. book is 6 colums, 36 rows. I enter text in 5 colums and a number figure in colum F, example 10.5 question.. as I enter these number figures dailey I would like them to automatically add the running the total in cell 36 F is this possible?? -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Thank-you Carl R Hi Carl, Q1 Setting a row to dou...

Make confidential default setting for all e-mails
I work in HR so it would be helpful if all my e-mails went out marked confidential. At the moment I have to set the sensitivity of each e-mail so it would be helpful if Confidential was the default setting for all my e-mail. Is this possible? Rog <Rog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I work in HR so it would be helpful if all my e-mails went out marked > confidential. At the moment I have to set the sensitivity of each > e-mail so it would be helpful if Confidential was the default setting > for all my e-mail. Is this possible? Perhaps with a custom form. Start ...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

Easy CEdit question
I have a CEdit control that is the first and only control on a CPropertyPage. So obviously when the user switches to the property page, the edit control gets focus automatically. Problem is, it selects the entire text as well. I'd like to prevent the text from being selected automatically, since this is a multi-line text editor. I've tried using SetSel() and various other things in OnInitDialog() to position the cursor at the first character, but nothing works...all text is always hilighted. Anyone have ideas on what I can try? Thanks! Do the SetSel() in OnShowWindow() ins...

Countif Question
=COUNTIF(R12:R1008,">0") Instead of this formula I want it to count every fourth cell. So starting with R12, then it would count r16,r20, r24, etc. How do I do that? Thanks Assuming there's no text in any of the target cells... =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R12:R1008)-ROW(R12),4)=0),--(R12:R1008>0)) If there might be text in some of the target cells: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R12:R1008)-ROW(R12),4)=0),--(ISNUMBER(R12:R1008)),--(R12:R1008>0)) Note that this formula is robust against row insertions *before* the referenced range. However, if you insert new ...

Correction to Question on Ratios
Fellow Excel Users: How does one calulate ratios in Excel? I want to calculate as follows: If A>B then A:B=C eg. 2:1 = 2 BUT if A<B A:B=-C eg. 1:2 =-2. Thanks, David .. Hi see your post in Excel.worksheet.functions -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dalightfoot wrote: > Fellow Excel Users: > > How does one calulate ratios in Excel? > > I want to calculate as follows: > > If A>B then A:B=C eg. 2:1 = 2 > > BUT if A<B A:B=-C eg. 1:2 =-2. > > Thanks, David > . ...

cell in cell
Okay, I got the money cell in cell formula to work, but now I want to do one with a date, and can't seem to get the date to show up correctly. If I just enter the formula in the text string as &(A1) & where A1 is the date January 7, 2005, I get the numeric value of the date 38359. How do I switch the format in the calculation? Is there a way to bold is within the rest of the sentence? (This is Excel 97...I'll be getting an upgrade to Xp and 2003 in a week...) This will convert the 38359 to a date format in your formula: =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" your c...

Creating Address Labels in Excel
I have maintained my greeting card mailing list for years in a non-Microsoft program. After I changed my OS to Windows XP, the mailing program wouldn't work. I recently managed to pull the name and address data into Excel, but can't figure out how to create mailing labels from the data. Is there a way to create mailing labels in Excel without having to merge the data with Word or another program? Thanks very much for pointing me in a direction. Hi Mandy, If you have Microsoft Office then you would use Microsoft Word to do the printing with Excel as the database. http://...

2003 mail box limits?
By default installation does exchange 2003 have mailbox space limits? for the regular version of exchange 2003 is there a limit to the entire exchange database? Just going from memory here, but I think "by default", there is no mailbox size limit set during installation. There is a 10-12MB msg size limit set, but no mailbox size limit. You can easily change by: 1) via system policy, 2) mailbox store properties, or 3) mailbox level properties ... it all depends on what the global setting should be and whether or not you have exceptions to the global policy. "David Lew...

SetScaleToFitSize question
Documentation says - SetScaleToFitSize can be used to implement a zoom to fit operation. How would one go about doing this? What is a simple example to see this in action? I tried using this from OnInitialUpdate of my FormView and the only difference i see is that scrollbars does not appear. Make the call in place of the call to SetScrollSizes: SetScaleToFitSize(sizeTotal); -- ====== Arman "PGP" wrote: > Documentation says - SetScaleToFitSize can be used to implement a zoom to > fit operation. How would one go about doing this? What is a simple example > to ...

unable to delete mail selected by using OWA
Hi All, I am having problem in deleting mails from inbox. My mail server is SBS 2003 - Exchange server 2003. some mails from Info@xxxxxxx.com are not able to delete, whenever I try to delete, I am getting "400 Bad Request" and "SOme Items can't be deleted,They were either moved,already deleted,or access was denied." and I can not block this mails as the domain name keep changing. All our clients are using OWA. Please help us and suggest solution for this issue. Is there any patch or fix up available ? Thank you, Mani. Info Tech Systems Manager Naval Exchange ...

Address on check
When I am printing checks the old address are being printed on the checks. When a vendor changes addresses I enter the address under Secondary or Third. When entering the invoice I select the new address. When printing checks the old address appears on the check. I would appreciate any help in this matter. I believe that if you're on version 8.0 or earlier, the address that prints on the check will be the one that is on the vendor card in the "Remit To" field at the time the check is printed; regardless of what one entered on the voucher. 9.0 has the ability to specify a...

Outlook 2007
Anyone know how to view a Shared User's contacts in the address book for Outlook 2007. I had a procedure that would work for Outlook 2003 that would do this, but it will not work in 2007. Here is the 2003 procedure I used to use: "Sue Mosher The process of adding another user's Contacts folder to your own address book display is somewhat involved. You will need to be able to create -- at least temporarily -- an Outlook profile that opens another user's mailbox as the primary mailbox. Proceed with these steps while logged in under your own Windows account, not the other use...

eConnect / Great Plains / Biztalk question for any error in the event log
I posted this question on the Biztalk forum as well, but thought I would give it a shot here as well. I am getting the below error every once in awhile when I am inserting a large group of records into Great Plains, does anyone know how I can code for this in Orchestration Design? I tried coding the error number in a decision box, but it seems to bypass the error number that is displayed in the event log? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Event Type: Error Event Source: VBRuntime Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 04/27/2005 Time: 10:03:17 AM User: N/A Computer: BIZTALK Desc...

Retrieving deleted e-mails
Is there a method to locate recently (two weeks) deleted e-mails? Using Windows XP. Thanks. 1: Is this a Pop3 account? 2: What folder were they in? 3: Did you delete them or did something else happen? 4: Are they in Deleted Items? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2EA6F44-CABD-4511-9198-FDF25957695F@microsoft.com... > Is there a method to locate recently (two weeks) deleted e-mails? > Using > Windows XP. Thanks. Are they still avail...

BCC all outgoing mail to a user
Hi, I am wondering if Exchange could do the following: I got USER A which announced that he is quiting. I want all the mail sent from USER A to be automatically FWD also to another USER without USER A knowing anything about it. Is there a way to do this? I am currently using Excahnge 2000 w/ Windows 2000 AD G. you could write a script sink. Stefan "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message news:%23YVsHuU2EHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am wondering if Exchange could do the following: > > I got USER A which announced that he is quiting...