duplicated items in calender and contact folder due to palm synch

To all,
all the contacts and calendar events in one of our user's Outlook got triple
or more duplicated copies after he synchronized with his palm yesterday, and
duplicates happened to his palm as well.

to manually delete those over thousand of duplicates from Outlook will take
lots of times. is there anyway we can fix that instead of restore them from
backup.

thanks
calvin

duplicated contacts in CRM 3.0
Is it a known issue? 2 people in the marketing team downloaded+updated+synced upload the contact to CRM, the contact became duplicated. Thanks Ken Wong wrote: > Is it a known issue? 2 people in the marketing team > downloaded+updated+synced upload the contact to CRM, the contact became > duplicated. > > Thanks Under some circumstances the link will be broken between crm and outlook. For instance, if they move the contact to a different folder. See the CRM install readme and check if perhaps your users are doing something that would fall into the scenarios listed t...

Item Quantities Maintenance Backordered Quantity
Where does the Backordered quantity come from in the Item Quantities Maintenance window? We have several items with a Backordered quantity but we have no unposted Sales backorders. It has been noted in many sites that this number does not track correctly. It is suppossedly the total of unposted backorder transactions (items on Backorder type documents). Most sites run inventory reconcile regularly to keep this number correct. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at ...

Fix: OL2003
An interesting issue where one user logged into OWA on another user's system and hosed up the original user's Outlook Client. Problem: USER1 gets message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on." Cause: USER2 used USER1's PC (logged in as USER1) to access email via OWA. Resolution: USER1 logged into OWA with his credentials. Next attempt to open OL2003 was successful. OS: WinXPPro OL: 2003 Since this seems to be a common message I thought I'd post one solution. ...

Missing subject matter in some mails in sent item folder
We use office'97 in my office and when i send a mail out, it gets to the destination. However, i discovered that the mail does not have a subject matter any more in the sent item folder. Please what could have gone wrong? Thanks. Hi, sounds like the field was removed from the view in the Sent Items folder. This can happen by simply dragging the field heading 'Subject' off the screen and out of view. Go to the Sent Items folder, click View-->Current View-- >Customize Current View and then the "Fields" button. From the list on the left, locate the Subject ...

Protecting deleted items?
A small office I babysit has recently had a problem with delting files then wanting them back. All 5 computers are XP Pro, with one acting as a server, sharing a few directories with everyone. Recently, several files have been deleted accidently, probably those on the 'server' by one of the connected users. The checkbox on recycle bin's properties is unchecked, making me think files should stay there till bin is emptied, but that's not happening. Storage on all recycle bins is set at default - 10%, I think, but users can delete files & they are immediatley gone fro...

Delete Duplicate Text
I have a work book inside this workbook there are 7 work sheets (one for each day). Each sheet uses columns A, B, C, D I have sheet call weekly all in formation in this sheet from the 7th everything work fine only one column it has text and there are several duplicate. Example : clinic A, clinic B, clinic A How to remove the duplicate from this column to be like this : clinic A, clinic b and so on other Questions I am using this function to get week number =WEEKNUM(C12,1) is there any way to get it work Is that possible and if so can someone please help with the formula for making thi...

Outlook 2000 to 20003 sharing calendars and folders.
I'm in a small architecture office with 10 work stations, our network is a pier to pier lan. We don't have a true server, just a file server that holds our data. Currently we're using Outlook 2000. We share a common office calendar through our email, not an exchange server. I like this, and have no complaints. From what I've gathered, Office 2003 requires an Exchange server to accomplish this. Am I right? Is it worth making that upgrade to an Exchange server? As I upgrade our workstations, I'm hestitant to try and fix a good thing by going to Office 2003. Any adv...

Button Text not showing :Too many items in Oppurtunity Menubar
Hi, It is indeed necessary for me to display the Text for all the buttons. But, there exist a lot many and CRM is hiding the text. How can i tackle this? How can MenuITem be useful (if at all.)? Thanks. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF Report Engine, Part 2 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0ad2fa61-7f0c-485f-92c9-cf3a9ee210a7/wpf-report-engine-part-2.aspx You could try hiding toolbar buttons you don't need using JavaScript. This code will hide "Create Invoice" button on "Order" entity form. var mb = document.getEle...

Using an Excel Macro to move a folder with XP
Hi, I've posted this question 2 or 3 times, but I haven't gotten any responses. Can someone please give me a little help The following macro takes files that are in one directory ("C:\Fishbowl\Req_Serv\one"), and puts them in a newly created directory ("C:\Fishbowl\Solved_Service_Cases\one". This works in Excel 2000 running on 98, but does not work in Excel 2000 running on XP In 98, this creates a new subdir named "one" under "Solved_Service_Cases" and MOVES everything from the first directory into it (Before running this macro, there is a...

find which distribution lists contacts are in
Hi, My contacts are in a relatively wide array of distribution lists. Is there a way of identifying what lists each or in without having to open each list individually. Thnaks in advance. -- jbyrne "jbyrne" <jbyrne.5e8079d@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:jbyrne.5e8079d@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi, > > My contacts are in a relatively wide array of distribution lists. Is > there a way of identifying what lists each or in without having to open > each list individually. > > Thnaks in advance. > No. If you u...

Folders resorted order themselves
Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP3 My folders have be resorted in a blanket fashion into Groups and by attachments - I didn't not do this. It just happened after I had accessed one of my archive folders and searched for the word web in my archive folder. (Thought I's say this in case relevant) Any ideas why it happened / and how to reset them all back Thanks Juliet You probably modified your default Messages view. You can reset it via; View-> Arrange By-> Current View-> Define Views... Another way to go would be to reset all your views in Outlook via; St...

OL2K3 messages, contacts into OL2K
My desktop computer is running Outlook 2000. My previous laptop also had Outlook 2K. I used to be able to drag messages, contacts etc to a shared network drive and then into the other copy of Outlook. My new laptop has Outlook 2003. I am able to drag Outlook 2K items to the laptop but cant go in the other direction (OL 2003 to OL 2000). I tried saving the items into a new PST file but OL2K wont read the 2003 PST either. I know that I can export contacts, but then I loose the groups. Any suggestions for a quick way to move (copy) data between OL2K3 and OL2K and then back in the other...

Outlook 2003
I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 installed. They would like to keep all of their contacts on their "server" workstation and be able to use and add contacts from all three computers. I have read articles about using share point services or MS Exchange, but nothing in my searches fits this scenario. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Joe G. On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:02:21 -0400, "Joe Gazda" <email@1on1cc.com> wrote: >I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 >installed. They would lik...

Outlook 2003 duplicate/triplicate messages in Inbox/Sent Items
I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 as my default email handler in place of Outlook Express 6. I have imported my email address book OK, but when I import my Inbox an Sent Items, I get duplicate messages in Inbox and TRIPLICATE messages in Sent Items. How can I delete these duplicate and triplicate copies? There are several hundred. Was this after one import? If you still have all your items in OE you are better of clearing the items in Outlook and then use Export from within OE. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?...

Changing Outlook 2003 Startup Folder
Using Outlook 2003 xp2 How do I can Outlook to startup in a folder other than the default inbox? I've searched all posted messages w/o success as well as Google. Hello mpierce, you wrote on 21 Jun 2005 03:52:03 -0500: > Using Outlook 2003 xp2 > > How do I can Outlook to startup in a folder other than the default > inbox? I've searched all posted messages w/o success as well as > Google. Tools | Options | More | More Options -- Best Regards Christian Goeller In English that's Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Out...

"Folder does not contain contacts" in Microsoft Outlook
Hi, I am trying to get a code for exporting data from an custom outlook form to Excel. I had tried several routines but they don�t functions. In the last routine below, i keep getting the message "Folder does not contain contacts", but I have more than 300 contacts in the folder \Inbox\Tickets. So what am i doing wrong? Heres the code Sub SaveContactsToExcel() On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim appExcel As Excel.Application Dim wkb As Excel.Workbook Dim wks As Excel.Worksheet Dim rng As Excel.Range Dim strSheet As String Dim strTem...

20,000 logs under the mdbdata folder!!!!!!!
Does anyone know how I can determine which logs I can delete under the mdbdata folder? I have over 20,000 that date back to the first part of the year. I am sure exchange will not need them all but I am also sure it will need some. Is there a standard method for removing them periodically or do you think I have something regarding logging set incorrectly? The total size of the log files is bigger than the store itself. Any suggestions or experience is appreciated. Don't delete ANYTHING from there!!!! Run a backup on the mdbdata folder and that will clear the logs out. "C...

import items
Is there a way to import items that are put in packages in rms. example. i want to sell coke in lots of 1 at $1 6pks at $5 and caseof 12 at $10. i have that in an excel file is there a way i can get that into RMS. Second i have been trying to use QSCImports to import my suppliers but i get a runtime error '75' Path/File access error. this wouold be more of a SQL query than the import tool -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Andaiye" <Andaiye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A...

Multiple Items Updating
In the same way that we can insert items in inventory using Import tool and IM, which tool or tools can be used to UPDATE item master's fields or other tables' fields? Thank s a lot -- Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner That depends... for the most part, you can use IM to update master records. When all else fails, you can use T-SQL. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Gilberto" wrote: > In the same way...

MRP Item Quantity Integration
Just upgraded to GP 10 and Manufacturing. We are looking at using the MRP functionality and with changes in our business we would be changing the item settings on the Item Quantity table every other week. min max levels and order size settings mostly. Q: Has anyone figured out a method to upload changes to items for table IV00201 Item Quantities? I would like to pull existing info into Excel fo rplanners to make any changes (I know how to do this part) and then "upload" the changes in a batch. Either Integration manager or SQL?? Q2: Along that line, we will also need to...

intellisync for yahoo wont read Outlook contacts anymore #3
i've been syncing my outlook calendar and addresses with yahoo using intellisync for yahoo. recently the intelllisync has failed to sync my contacts and gives me an error message like "cannot read other application data". anyone know how to fix that? both yahoo and intellisync (pumatech) support sucks. jp ...

Pivot Table Item Translation
Hello All, I am having a little problem with my Pivot Table... My PT shows custom names in the ROWS section and there spends over the last 12 months as the Data However I overtyped some of the Customer names just to see what would happen and now I can not get the original names back. my data still shows the original names but the PT only shows the ones i overtyped (so i have a lot of customer name which follow the 'sdsd', 'ffee' 'fred bloggs' pattern) even when i refresh the names i entered still return. It would appear that excel is translating the actual name for ...

Outlook 2003
I just want some way to hide them as I never use them... Mark. On 14 Apr 2004 14:04, "Mark Virtue" <N-O-S-P-A-M-mark@virtualcreations.com.au> wrote: >I just want some way to hide them as I never use them... > >Mark. You can't really hide them, per se. What you can do is remove any that are on your Favorite Folders list by right-clicking them and choosing "Remove from Favorite Folders" and then just collapse the main Search Folders folder by clicking the "-" sign in front of it and leave it collapsed. Then it's pretty unobtrusive. -Be...

Match return #NA ...though item exists!
Hi There, I am trying to determine the position of my item in A1 (exact match) in a range called DBlist. =MATCH(A1,DBList,0) it returns #N/A but God knows why as my item definitely exists in the DBList. Any clues on why this could be? Thanks for your insight, Sige Because it doesn't exist? Check that neither the value in A1, or the supposedly existing value in DBList doesn't have leading or trailing spaces, or any non-breaking spaces. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Sige" <SIGE_GOEVAERTS@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in messa...

Why am I getting duplicate email?
Outlook 2007 Upon upgrading from 2003 to 2007 all emails have started coming in twice. I know this is frequently caused by the way some rules may be set up. There are no rules at this time. Any ideas? Fred Can also be caused by intergrated anti virus, if you have such, uninstall the AV retest, if that cures it reinstal AV without the outlook intergration "Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote in message news:%ajXl.7614$v24.3498@newsfe13.iad... > Outlook 2007 > Upon upgrading from 2003 to 2007 all emails have started coming in twice. > I know this is frequently cause...