Duplicate personal folders #11

I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal folders
in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders

How con I get rid of the duplicate

0
nickcwpg (21)

There are countless posts in this group that address this exhaustively
documented issue. Feel free to read any of them.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Nick C" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal
>folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders
>
> How con I get rid of the duplicate

0
russval1 (2100)
11/2/2006 12:49:26 AM
I am using OE to check newsgroup.  I just did a search for "personal folder"
and "duplicate".  The search results only showed 2 item mine and the
response by Russ Valentine suggesting that there are countless posts????

> There are countless posts in this group that address this exhaustively
> documented issue. Feel free to read any of them.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Nick C" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal
>>folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders
>>
>> How con I get rid of the duplicate

0
nickcwpg (21)
11/2/2006 1:31:18 AM
Learn how to use Google.
408 hits:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/search?group=microsoft.public.outlook&q=Duplicate+Personal+Folders&qt_g=Search+this+group

--
>I am using OE to check newsgroup.  I just did a search for "personal
>folder" and "duplicate".  The search results only showed 2 item mine and
>the response by Russ Valentine suggesting that there are countless
>posts????
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> There are countless posts in this group that address this exhaustively
>> documented issue. Feel free to read any of them.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Nick C" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal
>>>folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders
>>>
>>> How con I get rid of the duplicate

0
russval1 (2100)

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

Duplicate emails
Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins later the recipient gets the same email again>?? Any ideas.... Cheers Very likely some intermediate SMTP server or Cisco firewall causing duplicates. Compare Internet headers (time in Received: ) of two successive duplicates. The first Received: with different times will preceed server, that is causing the problem. Andrew wrote: > Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins > later the recipient gets the same email again>?? > > Any ideas.... > > Cheers Y...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

Excel 2003 fuzzy search for duplicate.
Hello everyone, does anyone know of an application or vb code that can be used to search in two worksheets (like VLOOKUP) on similar matches using fuzzy logic? For example, if on one sheet I have I.B.M and the other IBM or James Smith on one and Jim Smith on the other, is there anyway of giving confidence codes to the match? Thanks very much for your help, Hi Asha, Look at soundex codes as explained by John Walkenbach http://www.j-walk.com/SS/excel/tips/tip77.htm You can use the SOUNDEX function as a worksheet formula, and then use VLOOKUP on that. In your example, both James Smith and ...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

deleting duplicate cells
I am back again... Thanks to everyone's help here last time, I was able to finish all my work and do it correctly. Ken- I asked last time i was here about deleting duplicate cells. Some of the names(address, etc) are repeated in my sheet. I want to delete the extra cell of the people who are in here twice. Not jus the cell but their record, name, address, city, state zip when they are in their twice so that they will only be listed once. You told me how to do this once but i cant find where it is on the board. Thanks for all the help.... BR4 -----------------------------------------...

Public Folders replicas
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server to new server (Exchange 2000). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). How I can proceed?? I must to follow the KB 275171???? Who can help me? What is the specific errror you are seeing in ESM? Are you using ESM on the ...

Unable To Access Folders From Outlook Today
I have Outlook 2002 which I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times due to expirimenting with different OS's. If I set up my folders in Outlook Today: Inbox, Saved Items, Tasks, etc., I get an error message "Outlook unable to access the folders." I can however access all my folders from the drop down menu. Could someone point me to the configuration files that might be at fault or a way to rememdy the situation. I would like to start using Outlook as my default email and calendar program once again, but really like the Outlook Today feature. Have been using Ubuntu Linux ...

Can I search for a FOLDER
Hi, Is there a way to search for a FOLDER in Outlook (2002)? If I have hundreds of sub folders within folders and forgot where I put one specific folder, is there a way to search for this folder? I seem to be able to search for e- mail items in specific folders but not for folders themselves. Any ideas? Thanks. Kikilein Nope, you can't search by folder. Advanced Find has an "In folder" option on the advanced tab you could use to find all messages in the folder (search the entire mailbox), but you won't find the folder path. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

Synchronizing Folders on RPC over HTTPS
Hello -- I have a user in the field who has both a VPN connecting and his Outlook 2003 is also set-up for RPC over HTTPS. When he connects through the VPN, all of his folders get synchronized -- however, when he has the VPN off, and he's connecting through HTTPS, all of his folders do not get synchronized. We are using a Single Server Exchange Server 2003 and a Windows Server 2003 Domain. Also, his mail box is 609MB --- does HTTPS run slower than a VPN connection? Thanks! -Blake On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:31:34 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: &g...

Outlook 2000: One Way Sharing of Info using Net Folder
Folks: I'm having an odd sort of one-way net folder experience in trying to share a calendar. I see hints of this in other netnews articles, but never a clear resolution. I'm hoping this is a well-known problem/fix. Here is the configuration: PC 1 (aka BOSS) windows 2000 outlook 2000 mail: pop3 from UNIX box -- no exchange server account for this machine net folders loaded via Microsoft Office Setup ASSISTANT has a "Contacts" entry on this machine that is coded as "Always Send RTF" PC 2 (aka ASSISTANT) windows 2000...

password protect personal folders in Outlook xp
How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp Right-Click on Outlook Today shortcut, choose Properties, go to Advanced and click on Change Password. Obviously the Old password will be blank! HTH >Right-Click...

Want sent email to go somewhere other than sent folder
When I send a new message or reply to a message; I want it to not go in my "sent" folder rather to specified folders. I have tried creating rules and something does not work right. I turned off the "keep a copy in the send folder". There must be some combination I am not getting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks T. There is no mechanism to do this. You can apply message rules to the = sent items folder manually after the messages have been sent. steve "twaaaa" <twaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:56D0F751-04A...

identify duplicates
I'm trying to match two rows of data and identify duplicates An inelegant solution would be to transpose the rows into columns and then use the VLOOKUP function. Try transpose the first row and put it in column A, in column B put a bunch of 1's. Transpose row 2 and put it in column D. In column E put a bunch of 1's. Then use VLOOKUP, the formula (in F1) would look something like: =VLOOKUP(D1,A:B,2,FALSE) where you see a one, it's a duplicate, where you see an error, it's not. Drag this all the way down. Then do the same thing but with formula: =VLOOKUP(A1,D:E...

Search Form 11-19-09
I have created a search form that has unbound text boxes to search the database. There are fields for SSN's, FEIN's and a permit number. When I search on any of these numbers I get multiple records even though these records are all unique? Any pointers will help, I wish I could load the database here. thanks On Nov 20, 8:54=A0am, Dave <davidstev...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have created a search form that has unbound text boxes to search the > database. There are fields for SSN's, FEIN's and =A0a permit number. > When I search on any of these numbers I...

E2K3
In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin console offered a feature to grant a user righs to a public folder and all its sub folder. I cannot find a similar feature in the Exchange 2003 server console. Thanks. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700, "DrWho" <DrWho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a >public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin >console offered a ...

Advanced Filtering 11-19-09
Is it possible to set up advanced filtering showing records where an amount is, say >= 2 AND <= 4? Data>Filter>AutoFilter>In the number column click the drop down> click (Custom...) 1st condition select 'is greater than or equal to' 2 2nd condition select 'is less than or equal to' 4 If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Kirk P." wrote: > Is it possible to set up advanced filtering showing records where an amount > is, say >= 2 AND <= 4? Yes, in the criteria range use the header of the parti...

RAND causes duplicate occurances
I have a series of functions that begin with 24 occurances of the RAND() function. each has a 1/24 chance of occuring. However, I don't want any occurnace to occur more than once (like a deck of cards). Is there another function I'm missing to modify this? That was a little confusing. Here that bad boy sits: http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/d396a2d8/bc/My+Shared+Folder/Probability+Spreadsheet.xls?BCPUOf_AVW_IW6H0 I want the outcomes to be random and non-repetative in each recalculation. TIA "Dan" <dslaugh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:WG4fb.24157$ev2.5317...

Unable to display the folder. (Additional mailbox)
We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to add User Y's mailbox to User X's Outlook under Exchange (open these additional mailboxes). No matter what, I keep getting a gray screen when clicking on the Mailbox in user's Folder List with the following error message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I have made sure of the following: 1. User Y has given User X delegate privleges for Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Notes. All privileges are set to Editor. 2. I have...

Can I Set a Public Folder to be the Startup Folder?
In OL 2007, if I go to tools|options|other|advanced options, and try to change the startup folder, it only allows me to select personal folders. Is it possible to select a public folder as the startup folder? mtbcpa <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote: > In OL 2007, if I go to tools|options|other|advanced options, and try > to change the startup folder, it only allows me to select personal > folders. Is it possible to select a public folder as the startup > folder? No, it's not possible. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On Jan 17, 11:44=A0am, "Brian Tillman" <tillm...

Change color of Folder List window?
In OL2003, the window in which my Folder List appears is plain white, the same as all the otehr panes. Is it possible to change the background color of this? No, that's not possible.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "R. Barre" <rogerwbarre@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:eVXAaDejGHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl....

How can I prevent OE closing Local Folders?
After 5-6 years, I am just returning to use OE 6. I have an extensive tree structure in my Local Folders with many sub folders that I wish to keep open even when I exit the program. With Courier, which I have used all this time, that is "normal behavior": any Folder that has not been closed by myself will continue to be open when I next start up the prog. OE6 at present, however, closes _everything_ when closing the prog. Is there any way in which I can prevent this - and being spared the rather frustrating and time consuming job of re-opening all needed folders...

Change "Mail Folders" font in Outlook 2007
How do I change the font/size of icons in the"Mail Folder" colum of Outlook 2007 running under Vista Home edition? Also, is there a way to do a "Global Change" of the "message fonts" for all the Outlook 2007 folders? I seem to only be able to change the fonts for messages one folder at a time and I have many folders that need changing. Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank You NewsReader No on folder names. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm for help changing folder views globally. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need He...