Duplicate Emails #39

I have a user with Windows XP Pro, SP2, all updates, has office 2003 with
SP3 who just recently installed Outlook 2003 and it's set his default mail
reader.

It's a POP3 account.  AVG anti-virus, and the email scanner is *not*
installed or active.  Using the Windows firewall.

He receives duplicate messages of all incoming email.

When he closes it and goes to Outlook Express, he only receives the one copy
of the mail.

I would appreciate any thoughts you can give.

Thanks,

Tom

0
tom1577 (119)

On Feb 12, 2:59 pm, "Tom [Pepper] Willett"
<t...@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:
> He receives duplicate messages of all incoming email.

Does he have any rules setup for incoming mail? If all incoming mail
is cought by two different rules you can experience similar symptoms.
Check under Tools -> Rules and alerts.
No rules.

Tom
:
: Does he have any rules setup for incoming mail? If all incoming mail
: is cought by two different rules you can experience similar symptoms.
: Check under Tools -> Rules and alerts.

0
tom1577 (119)
2/12/2008 2:14:06 PM
Maybe start OL with the safe switch & try?

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> No rules.
>
> Tom
> <morten.skarstad@sapphire.no> wrote in message
> : On Feb 12, 2:59 pm, "Tom [Pepper] Willett"
> : <t...@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:
> : > He receives duplicate messages of all incoming email.
> :
> : Does he have any rules setup for incoming mail? If all incoming mail
> : is cought by two different rules you can experience similar symptoms.
> : Check under Tools -> Rules and alerts.

0
DL
2/12/2008 3:27:20 PM
Hi Tom,

have a look on this site :

"Why does my Outlook keep receiving duplicate messages?"
http://www.comentum.com/outlook-issues.html

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a user with Windows XP Pro, SP2, all updates, has office 2003 with
> SP3 who just recently installed Outlook 2003 and it's set his default mail
> reader.
>
> It's a POP3 account.  AVG anti-virus, and the email scanner is *not*
> installed or active.  Using the Windows firewall.
>
> He receives duplicate messages of all incoming email.
>
> When he closes it and goes to Outlook Express, he only receives the one
> copy
> of the mail.
>
> I would appreciate any thoughts you can give.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

0
trash5936 (201)
2/12/2008 3:38:23 PM
Thanks..I'll look at it.

Tom
"Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]" <trash@publicshareware.com> wrote in
message news:elZoL1YbIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: Hi Tom,
:
: have a look on this site :
:
: "Why does my Outlook keep receiving duplicate messages?"
: http://www.comentum.com/outlook-issues.html
:
: Maybe it helps.
:
: --
: Oliver Vukovics
: Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
: Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool
: http://www.publicshareware.com
:
: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
: news:OXy5x9XbIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
: >I have a user with Windows XP Pro, SP2, all updates, has office 2003 with
: > SP3 who just recently installed Outlook 2003 and it's set his default
mail
: > reader.
: >
: > It's a POP3 account.  AVG anti-virus, and the email scanner is *not*
: > installed or active.  Using the Windows firewall.
: >
: > He receives duplicate messages of all incoming email.
: >
: > When he closes it and goes to Outlook Express, he only receives the one
: > copy
: > of the mail.
: >
: > I would appreciate any thoughts you can give.
: >
: > Thanks,
: >
: > Tom
: >
: >
:
:

0
tom1577 (119)

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Duplicate Cells #5
I have a rather large spreadsheet of Names, Addresses etc. and I know there are many duplicates. I would like to know how I can find and highlight the duplicates in a column. I don't want to remove them, only highlight them. if the duplicates could be highlighted in a color that would be great. Please keep in mind that I just started with spreadsheets and I'm not that familiar with the application. thanks Hi Richard: Names and addresses are really quite difficult to match due to the problems of representing the names is in: Richard Mahan Rick Mahan R Mahan RS Mahan Richar...

Retrieve Lost Email

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

multiple email identities

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

no access to send internet email

Outlook won't load
Using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. Often have to click 7 or 8 times to get it to load. Other programs (Word, IE load instantly). What to do? Once running, bring up yr Win task mngr - Cntrl+Alt+Del - and check running process to see how many instances of Outlook.exe are running. If more than one instance, end the multiple instances to leave a single instance, then run Detect/Repair. Also do you have any Com Addins?, if so disable these and test. May help, David "Jo" <jkister@pageville.com> wrote in message news:003601c35c8c$e0f9f400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Using Outlook ...

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Email Statements from Collection Module

delays in recieving outside emails

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Using rules wizard to send to a list of emails addys in BCC
i need to setup an automatic mailing of a newsletter that i receive, to be forwarded to a list of emails addresses, where the emails are inserted into the BCC line, and not the TO line. I do not want my clients to see each other's emails. thanks! No, natively you can't. Even when you use a template to reply with and fill in the BCC field it won't work. It is even worse this way; the rule gets deactivated completely. But programmatically it is possible although not supported by Microsoft. For more info; http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [M...