Duplicate email to distribution list

Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I
send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or
3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double
recipients! What Can I do? Outolook is 2003 and it is connected to
Exchange 2003 server.

Thx!

simone.spasiano@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I
> send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or
> 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double
> recipients! What Can I do? Outolook is 2003 and it is connected to
> Exchange 2003 server.

Are the recipients who get duplicate messages internal to your Exchange
server or external?

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/27/2007 4:32:59 AM
On 27 Mar, 06:32, "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muff...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> simone.spasi...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I
> > send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or
> > 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double
> > recipients! What Can I do? Outolook is 2003 and it is connected to
> > Exchange 2003 server.
>
> Are the recipients who get duplicate messages internal to your Exchange
> server or external?
>
> --
> f.h.

No are external... thx.

simone.spasiano@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I
>>> send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2
>>> or 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double
>>> recipients! What Can I do? Outolook is 2003 and it is connected to
>>> Exchange 2003 server.
>>
>> Are the recipients who get duplicate messages internal to your
>> Exchange server or external?
>
> No are external... thx.

I'm tempted to point the finger at Exchange, when it comes to further
troubleshooting.

Assuming that the only messaging service in your profile is the Exchange
server, in other words, no POP3/IMAP/WebMail services are configured, all
mail to the Internet is going to go through the Exchange server.

Since you've said you've verified that people are not in the DL more than
once (and I'm going to assume that:
a)  You do not have any nested DLs in your DL where a user may be listed in
both DLs
-and-
b)  You've verified that the people gettting multiple copies are getting
them at the same address) you may want to talk to the Exchange administrator
about turning on message tracking and SMTP logging to verify that there is
only a single message being sent to a particular address.

I'd also verify a few things:
1)  Can you reproduce the problem if you send to a recipient who reported
the problem individually?  In other words, don't use the DL, just mail them
via the contact.  See what happens.  Pick them out of the Contact list just
like you pick the DL.
2)  Does the recipient reporting the problem *always* see the problem or is
it transient?  Sometimes User X gets multiples, sometimes User Y.

Now, all that said, if you *do* have a POP3/IMAP/WebMail service set up in
your profile, are you sending to these users via it, or is it via the
Exchange Server?

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/27/2007 4:24:23 PM
Are these internal or external recipients?
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"simone.spasiano@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I
> send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or
> 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double
> recipients! What Can I do? Outolook is 2003 and it is connected to
> Exchange 2003 server.
>
> Thx!

0
KOrland1 (1012)
3/28/2007 2:01:45 AM
On 27 Mar, 18:24, "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muff...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Are the recipients who get duplicate messages internal to your
> >> Exchange server or external?
>
> > No are external... thx.
>
> I'm tempted to point the finger at Exchange, when it comes to further
> troubleshooting.
>
> Assuming that the only messaging service in your profile is the Exchange
> server, in other words, no POP3/IMAP/WebMail services are configured, all
> mail to the Internet is going to go through the Exchange server.
>
> Since you've said you've verified that people are not in the DL more than
> once (and I'm going to assume that:
> a)  You do not have any nested DLs in your DL where a user may be listed in
> both DLs
> -and-
> b)  You've verified that the people gettting multiple copies are getting
> them at the same address) you may want to talk to the Exchange administrator
> about turning on message tracking and SMTP logging to verify that there is
> only a single message being sent to a particular address.
>
> I'd also verify a few things:
> 1)  Can you reproduce the problem if you send to a recipient who reported
> the problem individually?  In other words, don't use the DL, just mail them
> via the contact.  See what happens.  Pick them out of the Contact list just
> like you pick the DL.
> 2)  Does the recipient reporting the problem *always* see the problem or is
> it transient?  Sometimes User X gets multiples, sometimes User Y.
>
> Now, all that said, if you *do* have a POP3/IMAP/WebMail service set up in
> your profile, are you sending to these users via it, or is it via the
> Exchange Server?
>
> --
> f.h.

After some checks: verify the tracking message, smtp log etc, I read
your last rows and I verify the service enable on the user account
that have the problem, and ... he has all three service enable POP3/
IMAP/WbMail. This what can cause? Can you explain to me? Do you think
that this is the problem? At least the POP3 and IMAP service they do
not serve to us, BUT the WebMail service yes because this users it
must be able to read mail also when is outside office!!! I'm wainting
you answer!!! Thx!

>>> No are external... thx.
>>
>> I'm tempted to point the finger at Exchange, when it comes to further
>> troubleshooting.
>>
>> Assuming that the only messaging service in your profile is the
>> Exchange server, in other words, no POP3/IMAP/WebMail services are
>> configured, all mail to the Internet is going to go through the
>> Exchange server.
>>
>> Since you've said you've verified that people are not in the DL more
>> than once (and I'm going to assume that:
>> a)  You do not have any nested DLs in your DL where a user may be
>> listed in both DLs
>> -and-
>> b)  You've verified that the people gettting multiple copies are
>> getting them at the same address) you may want to talk to the
>> Exchange administrator about turning on message tracking and SMTP
>> logging to verify that there is only a single message being sent to
>> a particular address.
>>
>> I'd also verify a few things:
>> 1)  Can you reproduce the problem if you send to a recipient who
>> reported the problem individually?  In other words, don't use the
>> DL, just mail them via the contact.  See what happens.  Pick them
>> out of the Contact list just like you pick the DL.
>> 2)  Does the recipient reporting the problem *always* see the
>> problem or is it transient?  Sometimes User X gets multiples,
>> sometimes User Y.
>>
>> Now, all that said, if you *do* have a POP3/IMAP/WebMail service set
>> up in your profile, are you sending to these users via it, or is it
>> via the Exchange Server?
>>
> After some checks: verify the tracking message, smtp log etc, I read
> your last rows and I verify the service enable on the user account
> that have the problem, and ... he has all three service enable POP3/
> IMAP/WbMail. This what can cause? Can you explain to me? Do you think
> that this is the problem? At least the POP3 and IMAP service they do
> not serve to us, BUT the WebMail service yes because this users it
> must be able to read mail also when is outside office!!! I'm wainting
> you answer!!! Thx!

Ah, sorry, I think you misunderstood.  I meant in the Outlook profile on the
client, are they only configured to access the Exchange server, or might
they be configured to access pop3/imap/webmail servers as well?

The fact that in Exchange the user is permissioned to access the server in
multiple formats is not the cause.  And, to be honest, if the client is
configured to use a server other than Exchange, it is unlikely to cause the
problem but it makes troubleshooting the problem different.  That's the
reason I asked.

Was SMTP logging enabled on the server before?

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/28/2007 3:56:32 PM
On 28 Mar, 17:56, "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muff...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> I'm tempted to point the finger at Exchange, when it comes to further
> >> troubleshooting.
>
> >> Assuming that the only messaging service in your profile is the
> >> Exchange server, in other words, no POP3/IMAP/WebMail services are
> >> configured, all mail to the Internet is going to go through the
> >> Exchange server.
>
> >> Since you've said you've verified that people are not in the DL more
> >> than once (and I'm going to assume that:
> >> a)  You do not have any nested DLs in your DL where a user may be
> >> listed in both DLs
> >> -and-
> >> b)  You've verified that the people gettting multiple copies are
> >> getting them at the same address) you may want to talk to the
> >> Exchange administrator about turning on message tracking and SMTP
> >> logging to verify that there is only a single message being sent to
> >> a particular address.
>
> >> I'd also verify a few things:
> >> 1)  Can you reproduce the problem if you send to a recipient who
> >> reported the problem individually?  In other words, don't use the
> >> DL, just mail them via the contact.  See what happens.  Pick them
> >> out of the Contact list just like you pick the DL.
> >> 2)  Does the recipient reporting the problem *always* see the
> >> problem or is it transient?  Sometimes User X gets multiples,
> >> sometimes User Y.
>
> >> Now, all that said, if you *do* have a POP3/IMAP/WebMail service set
> >> up in your profile, are you sending to these users via it, or is it
> >> via the Exchange Server?
>
> > After some checks: verify the tracking message, smtp log etc, I read
> > your last rows and I verify the service enable on the user account
> > that have the problem, and ... he has all three service enable POP3/
> > IMAP/WbMail. This what can cause? Can you explain to me? Do you think
> > that this is the problem? At least the POP3 and IMAP service they do
> > not serve to us, BUT the WebMail service yes because this users it
> > must be able to read mail also when is outside office!!! I'm wainting
> > you answer!!! Thx!
>
> Ah, sorry, I think you misunderstood.  I meant in the Outlook profile on the
> client, are they only configured to access the Exchange server, or might
> they be configured to access pop3/imap/webmail servers as well?
>
> The fact that in Exchange the user is permissioned to access the server in
> multiple formats is not the cause.  And, to be honest, if the client is
> configured to use a server other than Exchange, it is unlikely to cause the
> problem but it makes troubleshooting the problem different.  That's the
> reason I asked.
>
> Was SMTP logging enabled on the server before?
>
> --
> f.h.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Ah ok I think that you talk about this, but today when I was
troubleshooting the problem I saw this settings in the user profile in
Exchange server, and I tought that  was the problem. Now, yes the SMTP
logging was enable before today, but without some detail about the
messages (recipients, senders, etc.). I don't what think! :-) Any
idea??
Thx!

Simon wrote:

(trimming and recapping:  Sending to a personal DL containing Internet users
via the Exchange Server results in users getting duplicate copies of the
messages)

> Ah ok I think that you talk about this, but today when I was
> troubleshooting the problem I saw this settings in the user profile in
> Exchange server, and I tought that  was the problem. Now, yes the SMTP
> logging was enable before today, but without some detail about the
> messages (recipients, senders, etc.). I don't what think! :-) Any
> idea??

So, SMTP logging was enabled on the server, but the message your user sent
can't be found in the logs?  Do you see the full smtp conversation in the
logs?

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/29/2007 11:12:24 PM
On 30 Mar, 01:12, "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muff...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Simon wrote:
>
> (trimming and recapping:  Sending to a personal DL containing Internet users
> via the Exchange Server results in users getting duplicate copies of the
> messages)
>

> > Ah ok I think that you talk about this, but today when I was
> > troubleshooting the problem I saw this settings in the user profile in
> > Exchange server, and I tought that  was the problem. Now, yes the SMTP
> > logging was enable before today, but without some detail about the
> > messages (recipients, senders, etc.). I don't what think! :-) Any
> > idea??
>
> So, SMTP logging was enabled on the server, but the message your user sent
> can't be found in the logs?  Do you see the full smtp conversation in the
> logs?
>
> --
> f.h.

Hello! In the SMTP logging there is the full smtp conversation, if I
create a pivot where there are:
Message-Subject,
Sender-Address,
Recipient-Address
and I filter by Message-Subject with the subject of the message
indicted I found the message, but why there are no only one sender but
three sender:

1) -
2) name.surname@domain.com
3) EX:/O=DOMAIN/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/
CN=NAME.SURNAME

It could be this the triplicate message?

P.S. I'm sorry for my english... ;-) I hope you can understand.

Simon wrote:

>> (trimming and recapping:  Sending to a personal DL containing
>> Internet users via the Exchange Server results in users getting
>> duplicate copies of the messages)
>>
>>> Ah ok I think that you talk about this, but today when I was
>>> troubleshooting the problem I saw this settings in the user profile
>>> in Exchange server, and I tought that  was the problem. Now, yes
>>> the SMTP logging was enable before today, but without some detail
>>> about the messages (recipients, senders, etc.). I don't what think!
>>> :-) Any idea??
>>
>> So, SMTP logging was enabled on the server, but the message your
>> user sent can't be found in the logs?  Do you see the full smtp
>> conversation in the logs?
>
> Hello! In the SMTP logging there is the full smtp conversation, if I

Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual SMTP
conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies have their
single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.

But, I think I asked something and don't remember the answer.  If this user
sends a message addressed only to one of the users who received three
copies, by selecting the recipient from their contacts folder, does that
user receive three copies?

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/30/2007 8:04:55 PM
On 30 Mar, 22:04, "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muff...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Simon wrote:
>
> >> (trimming and recapping:  Sending to a personal DL containing
> >> Internet users via the Exchange Server results in users getting
> >> duplicate copies of the messages)

> >> So, SMTP logging was enabled on the server, but the message your
> >> user sent can't be found in the logs?  Do you see the full smtp
> >> conversation in the logs?
>
> > Hello! In the SMTP logging there is the full smtp conversation, if I
>
> Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual SMTP
> conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies have their
> single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.
>
> But, I think I asked something and don't remember the answer.  If this user
> sends a message addressed only to one of the users who received three
> copies, by selecting the recipient from their contacts folder, does that
> user receive three copies?
>
> --
> f.h.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

The contacts are in a public folder (also the DL) on my Exchange
Server, if the user sends a message by selecting the recipient from
contacts in public folder, the recipients receive only one message. I
don't understand what it means:

> Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual SMTP
> conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies have their
> single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.

Thx. Simon

On 31 Mar, 15:09, "Simon" <simone.spasi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hello! In the SMTP logging there is the full smtp conversation, if I
>
> > Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual SMTP
> > conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies have their
> > single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.
>
> > But, I think I asked something and don't remember the answer.  If this user
> > sends a message addressed only to one of the users who received three
> > copies, by selecting the recipient from their contacts folder, does that
> > user receive three copies?
>
> > --
> > f.h.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> > - Mostra testo tra virgolette -
>
> The contacts are in a public folder (also the DL) on my Exchange
> Server, if the user sends a message by selecting the recipient from
> contacts in public folder, the recipients receive only one message. I
> don't understand what it means:
>
> > Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual SMTP
> > conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies have their
> > single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.
>
> Thx. Simon- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

I'm sorry I have confused the message tracking log with the smtp log
and now I have understood why when you said:

> Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual SMTP
> > conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies have their
> > single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.

I don't understand what it mean!!! I try to see in smtp log if there
is the full smtp converstion....

Simon wrote:
>>> Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual
>>> SMTP conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies
>>> have their single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.
>>

> I'm sorry I have confused the message tracking log with the smtp log
> and now I have understood why when you said:
>
>> Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual
>> SMTP
>>> conversation and see if the people who receive multiple copies have
>>> their single SMTP address listed with multiple RCPT TOs.
>
> I don't understand what it mean!!! I try to see in smtp log if there
> is the full smtp converstion....

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/30b6a9e1-679f-4679-ae68-3deb17b9d162.aspx
should help you out there.

Basically, an smtp conversation happens like this:
First, assuming your server is configured to Use DNS rather than Forward to
Host, it figures out, for each recipient, what server(s) it needs to talk to
to deliver the message.

Lets say you have a message going to 10 users, 5 of which are @domain.blah.

Exchange will start a conversation with the server responsible for
domain.blah and have, basically, the following conversation (Your server
will be noted as YOU: and the response will be RESP:)

YOU:  EHLO (mydomain name)
RESP:  250 Welcome
RESP:  (other stuff)
YOU:  MAIL FROM:<fromaddress@mydomain.name>
RESP:  250 OK
YOU:  RCPT TO:<firstaddress@domain.blah>
RESP:  250 OK
YOU:  RCPT TO:<secondaddress@domain.blah>
RESP:  250 OK

And it will repeat that RCPT TO command once for each recipient at that
other domain.

So, you say that user@domain.blah is getting 3 copies of the message.  Your
first test is to see if you're sending the same address three times.
Basically, what you really need to do is determine if the problem is
reproducible.  Which means finding a customer of yours who has seen the
problem (and complained about it) and is willing to help you *fix* it.

At this point, there is almost no way to have any idea what happened before.
And, frankly, if the issue isn't reproducible (in other words, next time you
send to the DL, include a note asking any recipient who receives more than
one message to contact you.  If they do, and all the logging is in place,
you might be able to figure things out) then there's every possible chance
that what happened before is nothing you can fix.

On the other hand, if message tracking is enabled, there might be something
in there.  But, I'll be honest, I don't remember how to read those tracking
logs well enough to know if it would show you that user X was sent three
copies of the message.  You may actually want to hit one of the Exchange
newsgroups as well.

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
4/5/2007 3:30:48 AM
On 5 Apr, 05:30, "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muff...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm sorry I have confused the message tracking log with the smtp log
> > and now I have understood why when you said:
>
> >> Actually, what you'd want to look at is the RCPT TO in the actual
> >> SMTP
>
> > I don't understand what it mean!!! I try to see in smtp log if there
> > is the full smtp converstion....
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/30b6a9e1-679f-4679-ae68-3d...
> should help you out there.
>
> Basically, an smtp conversation happens like this:
> First, assuming your server is configured to Use DNS rather than Forward to
> Host, it figures out, for each recipient, what server(s) it needs to talk to
> to deliver the message.
>
> Lets say you have a message going to 10 users, 5 of which are @domain.blah.
>
> Exchange will start a conversation with the server responsible for
> domain.blah and have, basically, the following conversation (Your server
> will be noted as YOU: and the response will be RESP:)
>
> YOU:  EHLO (mydomain name)
> RESP:  250 Welcome
> RESP:  (other stuff)
> YOU:  MAIL FROM:<fromaddr...@mydomain.name>
> RESP:  250 OK
> YOU:  RCPT TO:<firstaddr...@domain.blah>
> RESP:  250 OK
> YOU:  RCPT TO:<secondaddr...@domain.blah>
> RESP:  250 OK
>
> And it will repeat that RCPT TO command once for each recipient at that
> other domain.
>
> So, you say that u...@domain.blah is getting 3 copies of the message.  Your
> first test is to see if you're sending the same address three times.
> Basically, what you really need to do is determine if the problem is
> reproducible.  Which means finding a customer of yours who has seen the
> problem (and complained about it) and is willing to help you *fix* it.
>
> At this point, there is almost no way to have any idea what happened before.
> And, frankly, if the issue isn't reproducible (in other words, next time you
> send to the DL, include a note asking any recipient who receives more than
> one message to contact you.  If they do, and all the logging is in place,
> you might be able to figure things out) then there's every possible chance
> that what happened before is nothing you can fix.
>
> On the other hand, if message tracking is enabled, there might be something
> in there.  But, I'll be honest, I don't remember how to read those tracking
> logs well enough to know if it would show you that user X was sent three
> copies of the message.  You may actually want to hit one of the Exchange
> newsgroups as well.
>
> --
> f.h.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Hello, Can you suggest an Exchange newsgroup where can I post my
problem?

Simon <simone.spasiano@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Can you suggest an Exchange newsgroup where can I post my
> problem?

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.exchange.admin , perhaps?
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Simon <simone.spasiano@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Can you suggest an Exchange newsgroup where can I post my
> > problem?
>
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.exchange.admin , perhaps?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Simon1639 (233)
4/20/2007 7:52:04 AM
Simon <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is there anyone that have this problem, it's possible that I am the
> only one!!!

Visit the Exchange newsgroup, as suggested.
--
Brian Tillman
0

should be able to view more attributes on the item list
I would like to be able to view more options on the item list like the other attributes on the general tab. I need to be able to distinguish between color and size etc. and when going to item lookup, it is hard for me to do that when just looking at the description or lookup #. It would be nice to be able to view any of the colums on the detailed item list and choose the look of it like on the reports (the part where we can pick what fields show up on the report) or just an arrow and the ability to sort the way the columns show up in the box. Right now if I am not sure if I am choosing ...

when trying to email from excel there is no send button what is w.
I have microsoft outlook and office express my email is yahoo. i tried to send straight from excel and an email box comes up but no send i don't think my emal is connected can anyone help From Excel click 'File', then 'Send To', then choose 'Mail Recipien (as Attachment)' This should open a new mail with the file attached. Enter th recipients email address and send -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com kido123w the following is what I use in our office to fix the same problem. copy and paste the following into notepad [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\te...

Assign Contact to specific Email account
I use Outlook 2007 and have it handle 4 different email accounts of mine. Is there a way to assign a contact to a specfic account? Example: Accounts me@email.com metoo@email.com methree@email.com Default: me@email.com Contact: Mickey Mouse When I email Mickey Mouse I want it to be sent automatically from methree@email.com with out having to select ACCOUNT from the ribbon. Thanks B Nope, that is not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Down...

How to add Alternate owner for email group id in Outlook 2003!
Hi!, I am new to outlook 2003 and have created a email group id with 5 persons on it. As of now I am the owner/managinf the group email id. I would like to add another person as an alternative owner for the same group. Could you please let me know how I can do this? Thanks, Ramesh ramesh wrote: > Hi!, > > I am new to outlook 2003 and have created a email group id with 5 > persons on it. As of now I am the owner/managinf the group email id. > I would like to add another person as an alternative owner for the > same group. > > Could you please let me know how I can...

Validation List Box
Hi How could the font & size of the validation list box changed. Regards SAS -- abcdexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ abcdexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30021 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498973 It can't. Debra Dalgleish makes the following suggestion on her site ... One workaround is to use programming, and a combo box from the Control Toolbox, to overlay the cell with data validation. If the user double-clicks on a data validation cell, th...

creating sharepoint lists
Sharepoint lists seem to require a single line of text column, as a minimum. If I don't create one, the column "title" will be added automatically. Is there anyway around this? The list I'm trying to create requires a multi-line text column, two look-up columns, and a multi-choice column. A list is a content type, which will inherit the base elements of the parent content type, which happens to be Item, which contains the Title column. You can add any column types you wish. you will simply still have the title in addition to any column you create or add. you can...

How does excel determine the range of a list?
Hey, I'm working with worksheets that have more than one list on them. I need to define the range of the list and I only know one cell of the list. How does excel determine the range of a list if you select one cell and set the autofilter or sort data? I'm doing this in VBA and was trying to find something like FilterDatabase to define the range but these list are not filtered or named. Hi If first cell is A1 and your list your list has no empty rows in the column before end of the list, you can use this: Set FilterRange=range("A1",Range("A1").End(xl...

How can I receive my email through outlook
I have set up my email accounts and there is no errors, I can send email no problem but receiving email is not happening, I have looked at all the settings and read all help sections but nothing works - the emails do arrive to my server ok. please, please, please HELP!!! Hi Andy, your Outlook version (incl.) service packs is? your windows system is? Exchange Server or a POP3 email account? Sorry, but the "The crystal ball" does not say everything to us. ;-) Here is a long posting in an exchange expert group with several ideas: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_O...

Outlook 2003 Filtering email after SP1
I have both server based and PC based SPAM filters which flag spam with [SPAM] in the subject line. Before SP1 to Outlook 2003, my filters to delete these messages worked. Now messages that are marked as junk by outlook are not effected by my filters, they go to Junk, despite my filters. If I turn outlook Junk filtering Off, my filters work, but I was wondering if there is a way to restore the pre-SP1 behaviour. ...

Security Settings Changes; Contacts List
I have two problems that I would appreciate help in solving 1. I get the following message when I try to send a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail: "Current security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." This is annoying. How do I get rid of the message or reset the security setting? 2. When I use the contact look up feature the default address book is for Outlook Address Book rather than Contacts. How do I change the default so that it opens directly with the Contacts? Chuck Humphrey ...

Auto Reply to emails with attachments only
How can I set up an auto reply only to emails that have an attachment in Outlook 2007? Thanks. RK Seems like somebody (you?) asked this very same question here just an hour and a half later. Anyhow, Diane already answered it - use the Rules Wizard, but beware that messages with images in the signature (for example) may trigger that rule too. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "RK...

IMAP email and folders
Hi I have an exchange 2000 Server providing all the email services for my domain. I wish to give my users IMAP access. I have configured the accounts so that the users can log on using their IMAP clients, however none of my users can download anything other than email headers, and none of my users folders (other than Inbox) are retreived. This behaviour is the same inside the LAN and on a WAN. Any ideas? ...

Export all email addresses to file?
I've been tasked with producing a file that contains ALL SMTP addresses in our organization. I've looked at the ListEmailAddresses.vbs file from Bharat Suneja (thanks Bharat!), but it keeps failing with the following error: Line: 54 Char: 13 Error: 0x80005000 Code: 80005000 Source: (null) Needless to say, I do not know VBScript so that error means nothing to me. Can anyone tell me what the problem may be? Thanks for the feedback - let me look into it - have used the script for a few years now, and has been posted on the blog/site for quite long but haven't come across any...

evaluate marketing list members by campaign response
Is there an easy way to evaluate marketing list members by the campaign response they're linked to? P.e.: I have a campaign, with a marketing list attached to it. I already have 3 activities planned to distribute. To activity 1, I attach the full marketing list and distribute the activity. But before I distribute the following activity 2 I would first like to reevaluate the list, and only keep those members that have a registered campaign response with status interested to campaign activity 1. I already looked at the several options to update the marketing list, but there doesn't s...

Import Emails with Attachment....
Anyone migrated emails with attachments from another database (say GoldMine) to MS CRM? It looks like that though Data Migration Framework migrates emails but it does not import email Attachments. I am saying so since cdf_MSCRM do not have corresponding table for "ActivityMimeAttachment". Please correct me if I am wrong. I have imported (on a test scale) emails by a script (by calling webservice) but I do not know how to import email attachments. Can someone out there guide me to the right direction? I appreciate your help. Checkout Scribe Software, it can handle attachments: h...

new emails not indicated in subfolders
Greetings Using Outlook 2010, when mail arrives in the Inbox, a number appears next to "Inbox" to tell me how many unread mails are there - great! I have set up a number of subfolders underneath my Inbox, and have set up rules to divert emails from particular people into their own folder. It all works fine, except that when a mail arrives in one of those subfolders, no numbers appear to let me know there is unread mail. Is there a setting somewhere that will let me have this facility? Many thanks JP __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signat...

Group Policy and Outlook 'Safe Senders List'
Scenario: Client has Small Business Server 2003 and Windows XP with a couple of Office XP but mostly Office 2003. A Canon network printer/copier can be used to scan documents and deliver by email. You select the user from a list on the printer and hit the go button, job done. The printer delivers a blank message coming from mail@domain.com and having a PDF attachment. If the user has outlook open and set for alerts on incoming messages they get the 'New mail has arrived, do you wish to view it?' but when hitting 'Yes' the message cannot be found. It cannot be found becau...

stop duplicate mail
Using Outlook 2000, have two profiles setup, both getting mail from a POP3 server and then saved to .pst file. I have one profile I use in the office and one while out of the office. The profile I use out of the office I have the 'leave on server' checked, the obvious reason is I have no way to back up while out of office. Annoyingly when I return to the office and start outlook with my office profile, it downloads all the messages again, this seems sensible enough as I have checked the box, is there a setting so that I do not re-download messages already in my inbox ?? Thanks. I ...

Error when sending to Distribution List
I am getting a "An Unexpected Error has Occurred" box when trying to send an e-mail using distribution list. I have deleted the whole list and started over. and was able to send one e-mail with the new distribution list but now I am getting the error again. I just sent the e-mail out through individual e-mail addresses and did not have a problem. I don't think it has to do with incorrect e-mail addresses. I am using Exchange Server and there are only 12 names on the DL so it should not be a capacity issue either. Anoyone have ideas? ...

Email Problem
I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned about this is because I do not use the Admin account for email other than for warnings inside the domain. How can I disable email for the Admin account? Thanks On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:59:57 -0600, "William" <william@email.com> wrote: >I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email >account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned >about this is because I do not use the A...

Who has a document which identify every drop down list value?
Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's just list the value name and not involve the numeric value. I feel not convenient in development. Could somebody give good advice? Joseph - have a look at the StringMap table in the MSCRM database, it has every picklist value (string and integer) for every entiry in the CRM Dave Ireland "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:539E2C46-5DB7-4336-8B9D-5029CA31A8A2@microsoft.com... > Although Microsoft provide a document identify the drop down value, It's > just ...

New to Publisher
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help. I have just created my first email newsletter. I sent it to myself to test how it looks. It looks as expected in my hotmail account but in my work email (a PC using outlook but synching from a webmail account) all of the text and images are messed up (blurry, have moved around a bit) and there is a large white rectangle down the length of my email about a cm wide. It basically is unusable. Anyone know why that might be? Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Victoria Create your newsletter, convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment...

List of Codes and Display Names for Codes #3
hi all, last week I asked the question could i look up values in a sheet an the answer is yes only thing is trying to be clever I extended th =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) and grabbed the right hand curser and pulled right effectively draggin the code to the right. However the code has now slipped by 3 places ie it looks up value C803/3530 =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) it should show C803/3530 Team Name cos i pulled it to the right it now shows C803/3530 Team name Paul McWhatever only thing is Paul mc whatever is for the the name of the person places away on the sheet no. sy...

Filtering out single values (keeping duplicates)
Is there a way to filter out all the values in a column that only appear once, leaving just items that appear 2+ times? I know there's a way to get rid of duplicates, but I haven't been able to find a feature that would do the opposite. Thank you for your insight! Hi anthonyd You can insert this formula in B2 with your first data cell in A2 and copy down I use the data range A1:A24 in this example (A1 = the header) =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$24,A2)=1,"Unique",IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$24,A2)=0,"Empty","­Duplicate("& COUNTIF($A$1:A2,A2)&")"))...

printing email #3
When I print me email using Outlook 2002 the attachemnt icon is shonw on the email print. How do I show that there was an attachment when I print the email? "Roland Lucian" <rluciani@rosecroft.com> wrote in message news:200601c3e0fe$04050a20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I print me email using Outlook 2002 the attachemnt > icon is shonw on the email print. > > How do I show that there was an attachment when I print > the email? I don't have an answer to your question, but I am just curious. WHY do you need to print out emails? Outlook is far better than any...