Duplicate Copies

I am running Outlook 2002 on Microsoft XP Home.  When I open Outlook
it downloads up to 20 copies of each e-mail from my pop3 account.  I
have run repair from Help, and uninstalled / reinstalled Outlook.  But
this problem continues, and I really need some help.

Thanks in advance,

Dan S
0
Dan

G'Day Dan,

Check that:-

  Tools>Options
      Mail setup (tab)
          Email Accounts (button)
              Next (button)
                  Change (button)
                      More settings (button)
                          Advanced (tab)
                              Delivery (section(lower))
                                  Leave a copy of messages on the server
                                   (un-tick this box)

and 'Ok' your way out ....
Now THAT was easy, wasn't it ????
(.......I need a rest!)
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

______________________________________

0
Pat
2/29/2004 9:09:27 AM
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:09:27 +1100, "Pat Garard"
<apgarardATbigpondPERIODnetPERIODau> wrote:

>G'Day Dan,
>
>Check that:-
>
>  Tools>Options
>      Mail setup (tab)
>          Email Accounts (button)
>              Next (button)
>                  Change (button)
>                      More settings (button)
>                          Advanced (tab)
>                              Delivery (section(lower))
>                                  Leave a copy of messages on the server
>                                   (un-tick this box)
>
>and 'Ok' your way out ....
>Now THAT was easy, wasn't it ????
>(.......I need a rest!)

0
dschom (3)
2/29/2004 7:55:58 PM
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:09:27 +1100, "Pat Garard"
<apgarardATbigpondPERIODnetPERIODau> wrote:

>G'Day Dan,
>
>Check that:-
>
>  Tools>Options
>      Mail setup (tab)
>          Email Accounts (button)
>              Next (button)
>                  Change (button)
>                      More settings (button)
>                          Advanced (tab)
>                              Delivery (section(lower))
>                                  Leave a copy of messages on the server
>                                   (un-tick this box)
>
>and 'Ok' your way out ....
>Now THAT was easy, wasn't it ????
>(.......I need a rest!)
Thanks for your input Pat,

I had already unchecked the "Leave a copy of messages on the server"
box. I do not have this problem with Outlook Express or other e-mail
clients.  I expected that uninstalling / reinstalling the software
would have fixed it.

I still need help resolving this.

Dan
0
dschom (3)
2/29/2004 8:12:06 PM
See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404
helps.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Dan S" <dschom(NOSPAM)@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I am running Outlook 2002 on Microsoft XP Home.  When I open Outlook
> it downloads up to 20 copies of each e-mail from my pop3 account.  I
> have run repair from Help, and uninstalled / reinstalled Outlook.  But
> this problem continues, and I really need some help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan S

0
stephenson (1246)
3/2/2004 1:40:54 AM
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:40:54 -0800, "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]"
<stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404
>helps.
Thanks Jeff,

I am prompted to enter my pop3 account password each time I open
Outlook. This, and the multiple email copies both started around the
same time.  However, I am the only user of this computer, and I only
have one pop3 account.

Dan S
0
dschom (3)
3/5/2004 4:47:19 AM
G'Day Dan,

I have spoken to a technician that I know, who
recommends you sort this out with your ISP.

One thing he mentioned that I will paraphrase:

If I am away from home, I can login to my ISP
mailbox from any Internet enabled PC. I can
reply to mail and, more importantly, I can delete
mail. I have done this from my home PC during
a period when the ISP was having problems with
its e-mail server.

If this facility is available to you, you might try
deleting any residual mail through IE from your
own PC.

Good luck!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

______________________________________

0
Pat
3/6/2004 6:44:27 AM
Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post
the OPMLog.log file (preferably as an attachment) after you received some
duplicates?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Dan Schommer" <dschom@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:40:54 -0800, "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]"
> <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404
> >helps.
> Thanks Jeff,
>
> I am prompted to enter my pop3 account password each time I open
> Outlook. This, and the multiple email copies both started around the
> same time.  However, I am the only user of this computer, and I only
> have one pop3 account.
>
> Dan S

0
stephenson (1246)

How do I copy and paste Excel charts and retain formatting? Mine .
I am trying to create multiple graphs/charts in Excel which all have consistent formatting, especially size. In the past I always did this by simply cutting and pasting the graph and then changing the source data. Now, when I copy and paste a chart, it keeps changing size. How can I stop Excel doing this. I am only loudly thinking click the chart area. click <shift+edit>. you may get submenu <copy picture> in copy picture window check <as shown on screen>.Paste it on a word document. does it not help. does not m the sixe remain same. try experiments both on embedded c...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

`Copied CD-R music
when I try to play a CD-R disk in my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D play it wil show the files as track 1-13 but it will not play. The player I try to use wheather it be real player or windows media player it will not play and at some point will say there is no music on the device. Is it the Cd rom or is there something that needs to be configured ? Please help I like the smell of a little girl's ass. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:50:01 -0800, jcopley45@hotmail.com <jcopley45@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I try to play a CD-R disk in my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-...

Task shortcuts (not copies of Tasks) in Calendar Appointments (for the Microsoft Office development team)
If you work on the Microsoft Office development team then please could you reconsider adding this feature (see below)? It seems that Outlook 2000 and 2007 calendar appointments do not allow you to create a SHORTCUT to an Outlook Task object in their Notes field. Although it is possible to create a COPY of a Task object (which then also opens as a Task object later, as expected). But, why is it not possible to create shortcuts? (Ok, granted, there is the risk of the Outlook data corrupting itself with circular dependencies, but this is simply an example of a system requirement (as any other) ...

Duplicated emails
Instead of receiving 1 email for 1 message i am receiving 2 for each message. In other words my in coming messages are being duplicated. On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:56:01 -0700, Peter H <PeterH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Instead of receiving 1 email for 1 message i am receiving 2 for each message. >In other words my in coming messages are being duplicated. You're asking in the wrong place: this forum is for the database software Microsoft Access. Please repost in a forum supporting your email software; when you do, indicate what version of the program and of Wi...

Duplicate diaplay of PST folders
In Outlook 2003 (windows XP) something causes Outlook to display a copy of a PST file identical to the original. If you right click on either of the file names and select properties/advanced then the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." is displayed. What gives? Thanks RLN In article <03ef01c3c4dc$a56ae080$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > In Outlook 2003 (windows XP) something causes Outlook to > display a copy of a PST file identical to the original. > If you right click on either of the file names ...

Excel 2003 Copy Paste Failure
Good afternoon. I have a user who uses excel quite a bit for their job. This has been going on for a while, and has just been brought to my attention. The user has reported that when they work in excel on workbooks that contain 30+ sheets in them. Some of them require the same formula on each of them. They have been able in the past to copy that, and then paste it to all of sheets. Now they only get about 6-10 pastes done after a copy before the program blows up. They lose the function to ctrl+c, and ctrl+v, and then have to manually go to copy, and paste each time the...

Copy from one Sheet and Paste to Another
Hello all! I got a little confused by switching back and forth between pages. As a result, my macro is not doing what I want it to do. My goal is to get the code to start in Cell A3 of a Sheet named ‘Stocks’ and for each row get the date, then for each column get the stock symbol, then get the stock price; repeat down and over for the entire used range. Below is the code that I’m working with: Sub PopulateMacro() 'Delete the sheet "TransposedSheet" if it exist Application.DisplayAlerts = False On Error Resume Next ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("TransposedShe...

Copying the Editing in one file to Another opened XLS file
hi! I have been given a task to develop some plugin for excel that will copy any type of editing in the current excel file to the other opened excel file. Is it possible. If so then please guide me how to achieve it. Thanks in advance. Ahmad Jalil Qarshi Depends on what you mean by editing - Workbooks("sourcebooks.xls).Worksheets(1).cells.copy ' then pick your poision: Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlFormats Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlValues Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Ce...

Contract duplicates in current & historical tables
We seem to be having a problem, we have to 2 tables in , 1st table contains all current contracts, 2nd table contains all historical contracts. We are creating a reporting tool that queries first the current table, then the historical table in order to see all the revenue but our report generates duplicate contracts (duplicate revenue). We discovered that the same contract was in both tables, my question is has anyone experienced such a problem before and how do we fix this? If you are good at SQL, you could create a view of the two tables Joined with distinct records to eliminate the dup...

Would you send me a copy of the samples as well?
My email address is: verneyq@closetomyheart.com Thank you very much. Which samples did you want? David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "verney" wrote: > My email address is: > > verneyq@closetomyheart.c...

duplicate numbers #2
how do i set up in my database that when a user is entering infor in a column in excel, it will tell if there is a duplicate number. I do not want duplicates. Hi Pam See Chip's page http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1466E65D-51AD-4C26-9DAD-F09AC81EA481@microsoft.com... > how do i set up in my database that when a user is entering infor in a > column in excel, it will tell if there is a duplicate number. I do not want > ...

Duplicate Mail
Outlook 2002 & Exchange (relatively new installation). Ever since Exchange all those of us with laptops and personal ISP's at home (accessing dialup) are getting duplictions of much of our in-boxes whenever we dial in. In my POP account I have it set to not save messages on the server. Our tech guys (factory trained) are at a loss. Tx, Mike So you're pulling POP mail from Exchange? If so, that is not the best setup, and this is only one of the potential problems with it. Ask your admins to set up VPN or RAS to access the Exchange mailbox directly. No POP mail, no PST fil...

Need to create a list of non-duplicates
I have two spreadsheets that are updated monthly. The first sheet contains a list of authorized employees (name, ID number, dates of employment). The second is an extract from security badge readers, containing names, badge IDs, and door numbers for all transactions. I need to compare the names from the badge transactions to the list of authorized employees and generate a separate listing of exceptions. Those would be contractors or service personnel that need to be authorized for each individual visit. How can I automate this process and have the non-employee names show up in a table or sep...

How do I copy a date from excel to a outlook calender?
I am looking to produce a spreadsheet with various amounts of data on. One of the bits of data will be appointment dates. Can Excel, (or any other database) update outlook appointments with either little on no user intervention? If so, how? ...

How to copy pictures from web to hhd then to usb drive ?
So I know how to copy the picture from the web to my hard drive but when I try to copy or move to a usb flash drive I get an error of "directory and or file not available" . These are of family pictures posted on my childrens myspace page and I want to transfer them to my digital picture frame. any help ? I do not understand How I can copy them once to my own hard drive but not be able to move or copy them from the hard drive to either a usb flash or a flash card. Is there a security feature embedded in the frame ? or possible a copyrighted policy ? You probably should ask...

Clearing background color in printed copies
My Sheet has various regions of with various light background colors. This is to help staff enter data in the right places! When I print the Sheet, though, I don't want any background colors to show for the Range("A7:P30"). Is there a good way to do this? (I still want the background colors to show on the screen, just not in the printed copy.) Terry page setup: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.BlackAndWhite= True "terry w" <terryw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04690179-6812-48EF-8906-7995696E8539@microsoft.com... > My She...

Command Button to Copy Data
I'd like to create a command button that will copy the data from a control on my form for the user to then paste in whatever other various application (MS or not) needed. Is there a code to achieve this?? Thanks so much! Pamela On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:11:01 -0800, Pamela <Pamela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: This article discusses an easy and a hard way: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0049.htm -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I'd like to create a command button that will copy the data from a control on >my form for the user to then paste in wha...

Duplicate data removed from reports?
I have a report that is created from a query. It selects Last Name, First Name and the data for each field of the report. If there are two last names such as Smith the query lists all the Smiths but when I run the report it only selects the first Smith listed in the query and "hides" the remaining Smiths. This worked fine in Access 2000, that is what I created the database in. I have looked at filters but cannot find any in 2007 that would appear to be causing this fault. The report Sorts on Last Name, then First Name then a value in another field which all work. Any help...

Outlook Duplicate Email Remover from MAPILabs???
Has anyone used the Outlook Duplicate Email Remover from MAPILabs? I purchased it online and installed it - using it on Outlook XP. I have had problems since I installed it and I don't know if it has anything to do with this tool, or it is something else that is causing it. Has anyone heard of problems with using this tool or the company MAPILabs? My main Outlook folder got corrupted and I had to go back to a backup copy, since I had lost all my Calendar and many of my contacts info, and possibly some of my emails - after running an Outlook .pst repair using the Outlook repair tool...

POP3 requiremenst for headers & leave copy at server
Hello, what does the POP3 server need to do in order for Outlook to download the headers and work with "leave copy of messages at server" checked? I thought that TOP command should do for the headers, and simply Outlook not issuing DELE should leave the messages on server. However, Outlook still says the server does not support header downloading and does not work at all if I leave the checkbox checked. Any hints? Thanks! Jan POP servers do not store a copy of the e-mail after you download it. If you need this capability, you should use an IMAP server. He...

Copying hyperlink from one cell to another within a formula
Windows 2000 Pro and Excel 2000 I have a worksheet with a table of information, included in this table are hypolinks. First colunm of the table is a ref number. Secound is a discription. Third has different URL's (There are other colunms) Secound worksheet has a colunm where I enter the ref number and the following cells self populate from that ref number useing the following =VLOOKUP(B24,Intro!G33:L192,2,0) However this only populates the new cells with the text from the first sheet and doesn't insert the hyperlinks. Any idea how I can get it to transfer the hyperlinks as well ...

copy different cells from 1 sheet to another
Is there a way to copy a range of non adjasent cells from one sheet to another without moving back and forth between the 2 sheets? i.e. copy D15 from sheet1 to K17 in sheet2 copy G10 from sheet1 to M17 in sheet2 copy range starting E21 until first empty line from sheet1 to colomn I in sheet2 starting the first empty line in that colomn. copy range starting C21 until first empty line from sheet1 to colomn F in sheet2 starting the first empty line in that colomn. try this Sub copyshttosht()'from source sheet With Sheets("DestinationSheetName") range("D15").copy .ran...

Synchronize copying files to USB mess storage device.
How to synchronize copying a file to USB mass storage device? Because CopyFile, SHFileOperation are asynchronous, its termination doesn't mean that copying process is finished. I've found some functions to help this problem but don't support win 95/98/Me. ...

Count occurance of largest duplicate number in a single column ran
I need to count the occurance of only the largest duplicate number in a range and return "TIE" in cells adjacent to those cells that have the largest duplicate number. Example A B 1 "" 2 "" 5 TIE 3 "" 5 TIE 5 TIE COUNTIF provides desired output but it's output provides "TIE" for all matching cells without respect to the largest number. Thanks, Let's see if I understand what you want correctly..... With A1:A6 containing your posted data You want to determine the largest value that is duplicated and ...