duplicate contacts and e mail

I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings from a
saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are duplicated, is there a
way that I can get rid of the duplicates without going through everything
one by one? The file is about 500mb and there are hundreds of contacts.

Is there a free duplicate e mail remover?

0
noanswer (88)

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Tim asked:

| I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings
| from a saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are
| duplicated, is there a way that I can get rid of the duplicates
| without going through everything one by one? The file is about 500mb
| and there are hundreds of contacts.
|
| Is there a free duplicate e mail remover?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Opportunity Contact CRM 3.0
In CRM 3.0 we cannot map contacts for the Opportunity as the other contacts feature available with 1.2 is not visible in 3.0. Does any one have a work around for this(I have not yet explored the option of creating a custom entity). The scene- An Opportuniy has a number of contacts assosciated.One would be the decission maker and the rest would be either negotiators or evaluaters etc. How do you propose to set a relation so that reports can be extracted. Regards SAM SAM, While the Other Contacts tab is gone, in its place is the new Relationships tab. Using this tab, you can not only ide...

e-mailing direct deposit slips and payroll checks
Have any of you folks ever had to meet the need of emailing the DD advice slip and/or check from GP payroll? The client currently does this by sending the file to a .pdf, then somehow parsing it and emailing from there by referencing a table of email addresses. Your client might be interested in Messenger Direct Deposit www.liaisonsc.com Messenger Direct Deposit automates distributing the direct Deposit advice slip to the preference of the employee - either email it in a password protected PDF to the employee or print to the Payroll dept printer. Best regards, Tom Nielsen Liaison Sof...

Timeout when sending mail with attachments
Have WLM 14.0.8064.0206 on WinXP SP3. When sending a message with attachment (a 80KB word document) to my SMTP server, the progress bar consistently stops near the end of message and timeouts. Messages without attachment are sent successfully. The error details are: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection Subject: .... Server: 'mail.messagingengine.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port:465 Secure(SSL): YES Socket Error: 10053 The same attachment sent from the same machine to same server by Outlook 2007 is sent smootly and...

OK Can I Back Up my Mails
Hi i want to bak up my mails, i have all my mails in a PST file,but now its too big is 2.8GB so i can divide in diferents PST and record in a CD, but i want to record not in a PST file, i want record the mails only for accessing giving double click, but i have for ex. two mails with the same subjet so it only write me one. What can i do to save my mails with diferent subjet. Subjet: Hi Men Subjet: Hi Men(2) This are two mails with the same conversation i need with a secuence. ...

Not able to send mails from outlook.
Hi, I am not able to send any mail from outlook but I am receiving the mails. When ever I am sending the email it get stuck in outbox. Please help if anyone can...... "Manish547" wrote in <news:AD672E0D-45FD-4601-84DC-16C34540A2C4@microsoft.com>: > Hi, I am not able to send any mail from outlook but I am receiving the mails. > When ever I am sending the email it get stuck in outbox. Please help if > anyone can...... Usually you get one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on and ...

duplicate contact details in outlook
can any clever person tell me how to remove the duplicate contact details for each person in my contacts list in outlook? I have three sets of each persons details (came about by repeated syncing with my palm) and I can't for the life of me find out how to remove them (except individually!) thanks in advance ANDREW ...

S P A C E D O L L A R S
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C37624.8F26F0E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable -------------------------- -------------------------- alt.visa.us=20 -------------------------- -------------------------- Space Dollars P O Box 1354 Westport, Wa. 98595-6321 360-248-9643 http://www.spacedollars.com=20 info@spacedollars.com=20 -------------------------- -------------------------- America Online & Time Warner, 22000 Aol...

Outlook clients receive e-mail > 1 hour after it was sent
I have a single AD domain with a seperate Exchange 2000 server. Clients are using Outlook 2000. Several users have been complaining that incoming e-mail is being delivered to their inboxes several hours after it was sent. This happens with external as well as internal e-mail, so it seems to be a problem with Exchange. I have looked in the Exchange System Manager and Event Viewer on the Exhange server and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone have any idea what could cause these e-mails to be delayed? no queues stacked up? have you done any message tracking? it might show y...

Outlook 2007: Paste
Hello, I know this question has been asked a few times, but I still do not feel I've read a clear explaination. When I see external or internal names in the To line, somtimes they are like Smith, Tom <Tom.Smith@email.com>; Smith, Becky <Becky.Smith@email.com> And if I select them, right click copy, and go into the message body and click paste, it only pastes the display name. I'm not trying to recreate a distribution list. I'm not trying to recover lost contacts. I work with a lot of vendors and act as a bridge between the business and IT, and often I hav...

Business Contact Manager Toolbar
Hi, I'm running Outlook XP and have installed Business Contact Manager (BCM) as well, which added a toolbar to Outlook. This has been the case for several months now. Yesterday, all of a sudden, no BCM toolbar. It's not even in the View|Toolbars menu so I can turn it on. Any idea what may be causing that? Thanks I'm confused by your post. BCM is not compatible with Outlook 2002. It requires Outlook 2003. "ZZ_Scarab" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Outlook XP and have installed Business Contact Manager (BCM) as > well, which added a toolbar to Outloo...

View new mail from system tray
I use Microsoft Outlook to view and manage my mail and I was wondering if there is any way I can set something up so that I can see what I have new mail even when Outlook is not open. (Maybe so it shows on the Taskbar or System Tray) If this isn't possible, is there any mail program that you can do this with? Thanks a lot in advance ...

Delayed mail is not send from the Exchange server
We have Exchange 2003 on the server and Outlook 2003 on all clients. The users do not use Cached Exchange. When a user uses the "Do not deliver before"-option, the mails stays in the Outbox if the users outlook is closed at the specified time. The server is not sending the mail. As soon as the users outlook is opened after the specified time the mail is send immediately. I've read many posts in this forum and the server should hold the mail and send it at the right time, but I can't figure out why it doesn’t work. Is there a setting on the server that needs to “activat...

Business Contact Manager Does Not Work
I experienced an error with my .pst file and BCM stopped working. (I am not using Exchange Server). I have removed and uninstalled BCM and loaded it up again several times yet after loading it and wither creating or using an existing BCM database, when I open Outlook I get the error message that "Object Could Not Be Found" and consequently I have no BCM menus at all. The database is theer in myu folder view, but my business contacts contain all the mails from the inbox instead of the logs of phone calls or mails I have made for that contact. Can anyone advise please? ...

Photo Attachment Display
I have recently started using Microsoft Outlook 2007 as my primary email program. It has some really nice features but also annoys me rather often! One of my beefs is when an email is sent with photo attachments, Windows-Mail displays the pictures sequentially at the bottom of the email, and I'm also able to double-click on the picture attachments and open them using photo viewer program(s). Outlook also opens viewer(s) with double-clicks and it also give this nice additional option of previewing a SINGLE picture if I single-click on the attachment, but I can't get it ...

Permissions necessary to create contacts in AD?
We have added a few desktop support personnel, and have assigned them to the Account Operators security group, so that they can add / delete user and computer accounts on their own. I would also like to give them the ability to create contacts in AD, as well. How would I go about this, without making them Domain Admins? "=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldw==?=" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0956662C-95ED-449A-A478-90C8C6726524@microsoft.com: > We have added a few desktop support personnel, and have assigned them > to the Account Operators security group, so ...

moving 450 active e-mail addresses from Excel to Outlook Express
i want to copy 450 E-mail addresses(active) from Excel to Outlook Express where they will be used to form various Groups. How do I copy/move these addresses? Hi AFAIK Outlook can import *.csv files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ragman10" <ragman10@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EE7E24D0-B7EE-4741-8B2F-D00223A3916C@microsoft.com... > i want to copy 450 E-mail addresses(active) from Excel to Outlook Express > where they will be used to form various Groups. How do I copy/move these > addresses? ...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Exchange 2003 Mail-Enable Public Folders by Default?
Hello, After running pfmigrate to replicate public folders from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, I'm finding that all my folders are mail enabled. Are all folders that are migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2k3 automatically mail enabled? Thanks! On Mon, 9 May 2005 10:31:03 -0700, "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >After running pfmigrate to replicate public folders from Exchange 5.5 to >Exchange 2003, I'm finding that all my folders are mail enabled. Are all >folders that are migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2k3 auto...

local and global contacts
I have created public folder "contacts". However, most of the users are still saving contacts only in their exchange address book. That way, the rest of the users cannot access the ones saved locally unless give permission. I would like to know is there any way in exchange 2003 when user saves the contact - to be automatically saved locally and in public folder so everybody can see it? Or maybe when you save contact to choose some option (e.g. global) and everybody's address book gets updated automatically with created contact? Not natively. You're into a behavioura...

Big Mystery
A friend has Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on computer with Windows ME. She just noticed that there were 8 entries in her address book that she did not put in. All that was there was an email address and the same email address for the name - 8 different entries. Anyone experience something like that? How could that happen? Thanks in advance for any help. Does she use Outlook or Outlook Express for her email? If she uses Outlook, See Help, About in outlook- does it say internet mode or corporate/workgroup? Is this someone she replied to? There is a feature in Internet mode and ...

e-mail vs. fax
I am using OL2002 with Exchange Server. When I open the list of contacts from the address book there are 2 of each persons name - one is the e-mail address and one is the FAX #. How does this happen and how do I change it to just one (real ) e-mail address? The contact record DOES NOT show a fax number in the e-mail field... Susan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using OL2002 with Exchange Server. When I open the list of > contacts from the address book there are 2 of each persons name - one > is the e-mail address and one is the FAX #. How does this h...

Duplicate cells #4
I have an excel spreadsheet of approximately 1500 Names,addressses etc. there are many duplicate cells of which I want to delete the duplicates and I am looking for the best way to accomplish this. I am new to excel and using formulas but if there is a way to use color to point out the duplicates, that would be very helpfull, thanks You could try to use Advanced Filter to get rid of the duplicates. Ensure that you have headers in row 1 (Name, Address_1, Address_2 etc) and highlight all the data including the headers. Then click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter and in the pop up click Un...

Mail merge with Outlook and word
OS is XP prof, Office is XP prof. I am trying to mail merge a document from within word using outlook contacts. When I select "Chose Contacts folder" and select the folder containing the contacts I want to use; I get a dialog box open at the connection tab. the dialog box is called "Data Link Properties" it asks for select or enter a database name: My problem is I have no idea what to do - I expected the program to have automatically selected the contact folder I chose. Thanks ...

WLM No Advanced tab In Mail
I was looking at the question about deleting mail from server. I found that my tools/accounts/mail/properties does not have an advanced tab. The last one is security. Is there an update that I need or a setting changed? BTW I have windows 7 Thanks in advance. RNolt On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:16:20 -0700, RNolt wrote: > I was looking at the question about deleting mail from server. I found that > my tools/accounts/mail/properties does not have an advanced tab. The last one > is security. Is there an update that I need or a setting changed? BTW I have > windows 7 Thank...

Send workflow email to case contact instead of Account Primary Con
We have a case workflow set to send an email to the contact. However it is sending to the primary contact on the account rather than the contact selected for the case. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communit...