Dual Monitors #2

With Outlook 2000 I could open up 2 instances of Outlook, with for
example the calendar on 1 screen and the inbox etc on the other and
work with both

With office XP version this doesnt seem possible - am I missing a
trick. Help please.
0
pcasey1

Right click on the folder you want opened and select Open in New Window.
Move it to the monitor of your choice.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, pcasey1@-nospamplease-btopenworld.com please
erase the bit between the hyphens asked:

| With Outlook 2000 I could open up 2 instances of Outlook, with for
| example the calendar on 1 screen and the inbox etc on the other and
| work with both
|
| With office XP version this doesnt seem possible - am I missing a
| trick. Help please.

0
MillyS (3228)
5/19/2006 9:09:18 PM
On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:09:18 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:

>Right click on the folder you want opened and select Open in New Window.
>Move it to the monitor of your choice.
>
>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>reading.
>
>After furious head scratching, pcasey1@-nospamplease-btopenworld.com please
>erase the bit between the hyphens asked:
>
>| With Outlook 2000 I could open up 2 instances of Outlook, with for
>| example the calendar on 1 screen and the inbox etc on the other and
>| work with both
>|
>| With office XP version this doesnt seem possible - am I missing a
>| trick. Help please.

Many Thanks Milly - I will give this a try tomorrow when I get to my
works computer.
0
pcasey1
5/21/2006 8:23:13 PM
On Sun, 21 May 2006 21:23:13 +0100,
the hyphens wrote:

>On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:09:18 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
><MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Right click on the folder you want opened and select Open in New Window.
>>Move it to the monitor of your choice.
>>
>>--?
>>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>>unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>>reading.
>>
>>After furious head scratching, pcasey1@-nospamplease-btopenworld.com please
>>erase the bit between the hyphens asked:
>>
>>| With Outlook 2000 I could open up 2 instances of Outlook, with for
>>| example the calendar on 1 screen and the inbox etc on the other and
>>| work with both
>>|
>>| With office XP version this doesnt seem possible - am I missing a
>>| trick. Help please.
>>

>Many Thanks Milly - I will give this a try tomorrow when I get to my
>works computer.

Great - worked a treat - many thanks
0
pcasey1

Printing Tiles have Page 1 ... Page 2 ...
We've received Excel files that take more than one page to print. Each page on the screen (not on the printout) has a numerically-ordered "Page x" as a watermark in the center of the page in 1" tall gray letters. It scrolls up and down with each page, each page having its own page number. These numbers appear to be added by Excel automatically when a file will take several pages to print. They don't show up when it is only one file. How do we get rid of this large watermark text? Thanks! Steve Hi goto 'View - Normal' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt...

Account Type #2
Hi, I had an insuranc epolicy in India before coming to Canada. There the premiums are invested in various funds. Every day the unit rate of the fund fluctuate. Now which type of fund this would fall so that I can track my funds in India. Similarly I opened another Universal Life Account, premiums paid on monthly bases. Here also the same the money is invested in various funds. Now to track those type of funds which type of Account should be opened just Investment Account , as there are mortality charges (insurance charges) to be deducted on monthly basis in terms of units, unit value c...

XP SP 2 slows down Interbase and screwed up some Crystal Report functions.
Hi: Had XP running fine on IBM S-50. Believe SP 1 (Maybe 2). App/interbase worked like a rocket as it did on win2k. XP crashed (blue screen - no recovery) so had to reinstall XP SP2 and all apps. Immediate problems with Interbase horribly slow. Disabled recovery etc. no change. ADODB.Stream disabled. This had created problems with the app on the original installation so that is not the problem. Can't understand what has happened. Second issue: With the new SP 2 installation of XP am getting weird errors with Crystal. Most reports print fine but a few reports not ...

Outlook 2002
I have 2 POP/SMTP accounts. They each require different logon and passwords. When I send email, Outlook tries to use both SMTP servers and I recieve an error message from my second SMTP server account that my email was not sent? My ISP does not allow the use of other SMTP servers on their network. Is there a way to tell Outlook not to use the second SMTP server? It will not let me leave that field empty. Or do I have to organize the accounts differently? Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 Cached Exchange Mode #2
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 With Exchange 2000 Sp3 on windows terminal Server 2000 It seems like I am unable to change the account setting to cached exchange mode since,the option is grayed out. Anyone experienced this? Is there a specific reason? Thanks, Okan Solved... Just in case anyone else wonders why, here is the reason: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch8/OutC02.htm However, there are some limitations to be aware of. For example, you cannot use Outlook with Cached Exchange Mode when you run Outlook on Windows Terminal Services. Also, to help provide the best ...

Reinstall Money 2003 #2
Trying to reinstall Money 2003 after my hard disk was wiped out. During installation I get this message: Error 1310. Error writing to file C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Money\Media\AVHelp\ACT01.WAV Help! Rick Are you sure your hard disk is fixed? -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "RickATen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067601c4ac14$8a649ef0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to reinstall Money 2003 after my hard disk was > wiped out. During installation I get this message: Error >...

Money99 files into Money04 #2
FYI: the computer God has smiled down upon me today! I don't know if this is repeatable but I FIANALLY got my old money99 file converted to money04. I loaded 04 on c: drive and 99 on d: drive. I opened the old 99 file, removed the password and saved and backed it up to d:. 04 still wouldn't open 99 file. so i repaired old 99 file using money04. tried to open old 99 file and wa la! a successfull conversion! it appears all data bad it over to the new side. I hope this helps somebody besides me! ...

Need help with dual domain name problems
Setup: FES: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 BES: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 I'm just getting Exchange setup, I have internal communications working properly but have run into a problem sending externally. The organization has different internal & external domain names, lets call them abc.com (internal) & xyz.com (external). When a message is sent to an external address it goes out as user@abc.com. Since abc.com doesn't exist externally reply attempts fail. I need the exchange to change the sender to user@xyz.com when sendin...

password protect #2
I am embarrassed to ask this, for I have done it before. I am simply trying to protect the entire workbook with a password in excel 2000. Upon opening the file, I want it to ask for a password. Thanks, Mike Allen Mike- Do "File---Save As" When you are prompted where to save the file there will either be a button in the box titled "Options", or a drop-down menu on the top right of the screen labeled "Tools". If it is the drop-down....select "General Options". Once you click "Options" or "General Options" (I am using 2002 a...

Exchange server 2000 crashed (Motherboard fried) #2
Hello Everyone, We had a single exchange 2000 server sp3 on a windows 2000 member server pc. That pc crashed. I was wondering how or what is the best way to get this back up? I have another pc that is a windows 2000 member server right now that could be used as an exchange server. I was wondering can I change this pc to the same computer name and ip address and just install exchange 2000 on it and copy the store over? If I can do this, do I need to do forestprep and domainprep again? Also do I have to do anything with the old server says as remove it from active directory since its dead? ...

1 serial port 2 parity types? MFC based app needs assistance.
Hello all I am workiing in MFC on an app which has an odd requirement.. for me anyway. I have only one serial port availbale. The task is that one portion of my GUI has to send serial data out with EVEN parity. The other, a keypad, has to send serial data out with ODD parity. The reciever is always receiving ODD parity. So.. unless I am wrong.. I am thinking I have to switch to ODD parity before sending out keypad strings and tehn, when the last character is shifted out I hvae to set the port back to even parity in time to get the host's response. Anyone have any ideas? How do ...

Outlook 2000 SR-1 #2
After installing MS Outlook 2000 SR1, I am unable to open file attachments by double clicking on them. I am required to save them to disk before opening them. Is there an option to turn this off in Outlook 2000 SR-1 and go ahead and open these from within Outlook? Any registry settings to disable this security feature? Thanks in advance, Drew Hargrave, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA Network Engineer ahargrave@avazpour.com Avazpour Networking Services, Inc. 3822 Summit Kansas City, MO 64111 http://www.avazpour.com (816) 531-8777 ext 348 Mind your business, Not your network! ...

Adding Hyperlinks #2
I'm working with Publisher 2000 and would like to add some hyperlinks. Help instructs to click hyperlink on the Insert menu. My Insert Menu does not have that option. Any ideas on how to proceed? Hyperlinks only work in 2000 if you convert your publication to a web page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB1CB1FA-BDB7-4F05-A5D7-8BFFC87282BA@microsoft.com... > I'm working with Publisher 2000 and would like to add some hyperlinks....

X axis #2
How would I make my x axis show up as 1/2 hour increments? Such as 8:00 AM then 8:30 AM etc? Thanks in advance For your major axis scaling, enter 0:30 and Excel will convert it as necessary. "David Bateman" <davidbateman@charter.net> wrote in message news:tT9Kd.11071$822.7929@fe07.lga... > How would I make my x axis show up as 1/2 hour increments? Such as 8:00 AM > then 8:30 AM etc? Thanks in advance > > ...

List of Codes and Display Names for Codes #2
thanks that seems to be working thank you .... :) -- hoganc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hoganc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14980 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266031 ...

How to #2
Sorry but I am not familiar at all with Publisher. I have a client that needs to put an (*.jpeg) image onto an envelope as the Return address. Can someone familiar with the procedure inform me. Thank you -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. File, Page setup, envelope (various sizes available), insert, picture... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uDLJIzVMFHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Sorry but I am not famili...

Comments #2
How do you set the default values for all comments? ...

Select Directory #2
What classes/API calls are used to create a select directory dialog that shows the contents of the entire computer in a tree view (with the plus/minus-expand/collapse controls). I've never had to do this before. CTreeCtrl looks prominisg, but I just want to make sure it's not built in. I've seen many that look exactly the same, hence my question. Thanks in advance for any help. -Mike- Mike, I think SHBrowseForFolder is what you are looking for. MSDN gives you more information about this at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shel...

outlook send error #2
when I was at a client site at their network and opened outlook I noticed that I get an error message, Task 'philipleduc-e-mail - "Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.'" so far nothing strangly if it were not that I do not have any e-mails visible in the out box. This error occurs only on my default mailbox (there is 6 or 7 of them) First idea do I have some kind of virus/trojan horse or whatever it is called that is sending mail on my behalf so I ran ad-awar...

Apply payables document #2
Hi, I am having a problem in apply payables document. I have open invoices for which related transaction of last year have been uploaded as well of this year transaction. When i go to apply payables document there i can find only transactions related to this year and not of the previous year. I have an invoice which has to be applied against previous years transaction. Can any one tell me why i am not able to find the previous years transactions in the apply payables document Regards Reddy ...

Monitoring Exchange 2000 Mailbox
Hi all I have a situation where there are around 1200 users and I need to randomly monitor the contents of their mailbox and ultimately delete anything that's regarded as inappropriate. So, I was wondering whether there are any tools, preferably free ones, or workarounds that would allow me to do just that. An ideal tool, if it exists, is one where I could browse between mailboxes and inspect the contents similar to browsing folders and files in windows explorer. TIA If you give yourself full access to the mailbox store on which they're located, you could peruse the M: Drive on ...

Help with Array Formula #2
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with 7 columns (named Bird, Cow, Horse, Rabbit, Pig, Cat, Dog) and 23 rows that have either yes or no in each cell - mainly no's. If there is a 'yes' in Bird then there should be 'no' in each of the other 6 columns (Cow, Horse, Rabbit, Pig, Cat, Dog). Basically, if there is a 'yes' in Bird then they have identified themselves as 'Bird' rather than any other animal. I then have 10 more columns (named ans1, ans2, ans3, etc) that each have responses such as "A", "B", "C", "D", &quo...

memory leak #2
To detect memory leaks in my non-MFC application, I have included the following lines #ifdef _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC #undef _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC #endif #include <crtdbg.h> #ifdef _DEBUG #define THIS_FILE __FILE__ inline void* operator new(size_t nSize, const char * lpszFileName, int nLine) { return ::operator new(nSize, _NORMAL_BLOCK, lpszFileName, nLine); } inline void __cdecl operator delete(void * _P, const char * lpszFileName, int nLine) { ::operator dele...

Receiving emails #2
Problem receiving msgs. automatically. I need to press send/receive in order to obtain my mail. I just upgraded to Outlook (Standard)2003. Did not have problem with my old version. tools, options, mail settings, send/receive button - make sure it's set to check every xx min. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick...

Charts #2
Hi, I have a sheet which have two columns - A and B. Column A Column B Class2 at cell(A2) 9 (B2) Class3 (A3) 6 (B3) Class4 (A4) 10(B4) I create a bar char by seclecting Class2--to Class4 and 9-- to 10. I works fine. My question is that there is a way which the chart will update by itself if I put in Class5 in column A and 11 in column B. Ex: If I insert a new row (Row5) and type in Class5 and 11 (B5), can it update the chart by itself? If you think that there is a way that can make the chart can update b...