Dropped connection to POP3 servers

Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home.  Outlook is
dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different
servers with a S/R.  Both fail at the same time, never
separately.  Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but
a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again.
Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown
manually.

Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen
when there is other activity to the internet that is
going to specific servers using an ID and password.  I
use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires
ID).  If I bring up Quotetracker, Outlook will fail
within 30 minutes, sometimes 2 or 3.  If I do online
update of checking account with Quicken, next S/R under
Outlook fails and locks up.

Any ideas?
0
wilmoo (1)

Pop3 #8
My users no longer want to use OWA for email, they want to use Pop3, I do not use ISA but have a firewall in place, They currently hit the server using an IP address not a web address, Are there any security concerns with opening Pop3? Spam? Intrusions? etc? The same concerns exist as publishing OWA or other access methods to the internet. As with OWA, if you are publishing it externally then you should secure it with encryption. If you can avoid it I would, but otherwise just apply a cert let them at it. This will affect what port you open on the firewall as well as how they need t...

Mail wont delete from server
i recently started using WLM for my comcast email account on my new laptop with windows 7. the problem i have is that when i delete my messages from within WLM it does NOT remove them from my comcast mail account. the mail continues to build up until the box is full and i can revieve no more mail. My windows xp computer with outlook mail client was able to remove it from the serever. is there a setting i am overlooking to accomplish this? otherwise it defeats the purpose of using WLM if i still have to log on to comcast to purge all the mail. thanks for any help ! Tools | Ac...

SQL Server 2005 Rename Instance Name
Is it possible to rename SQL Server 2005 instance name without creating a new instance within SQL Server? Please help me with this issue. Joe K. Joe K. (JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Is it possible to rename SQL Server 2005 instance name without creating a > new instance within SQL Server? This looks promising: http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&source=hp&q=rename+instance+sql+server+2005&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning&meta=&aq=0&oq=rename+instance+&fp=29d270bf3c638d82 -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links...

Server collation and Database collation must be same?
Hi All, I am wondering whether SQL Server Server collation and Database collation must be same? When running Headquarters Client to connect to HQ Server, I got a "Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation." error. Server collation is SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN and Database collation is SQL_Latin1_CP1_CI_AS. TIA Kaibin "Kaibin" <kaibin@nospam.nospam> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23b$IBN9vEHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I am wondering whether SQL Server Server collation and Database collation > must be same? > Whe...

Drag and drop a message.
I am trying to drag and drop a message from Outlook to a Winform. When I drop the message on the form I attempt to get the contents of the message using the following. MemoryStream ms = (MemoryStream) e.Data.GetData("FileContents",true); However this does not allow me to obtain a pointer to the data. The MemoryStream is null when I execute this statement. My question is; how do I get at the contents of an outlook mail message during a drag drop operation. Darel ...

- Duplicate emails from pop3 downloads
I do a pop3 download from my ISP and receive duplicate emails in Outlook 2003. I don't want to delete my messages from the server (and shouldn't have to) because I consider them to be a backup safety net. Everything worked fine in Outlook 2000, but since I switched to 2003 I can't get rid of this problem. Any good answers out there? persads schrieb: > I do a pop3 download from my ISP and receive duplicate emails in Outlook > 2003. I don't want to delete my messages from the server (and shouldn't > have to) because I consider them to be a backup safet...

Mail Server or Domain banned?
How can I find out if my mail server has been banned or if the administrator banned my domain name? Not enough info to go on. Are you running your own mail server? What makes you think it's been blacklisted? Are you getting bounce messages/NDRs? Rob wrote: > How can I find out if my mail server has been banned or if the > administrator banned my domain name? No, we are talking POP mail. I'm afraid a system administrator might be sabotaging me. Any email sent from mydomain.com is rejected by saiddomain.com. I think the system administrator blocked mydomain.com from saiddo...

Name Drop-Down Box
I've got a 50 sheet excel document and i want to create names to get m to A1 on every page, so I don't have to scroll left and right all th time. So, here's my problem. I would like to increase the number of names shown when i click th drop down box. Right now it shows 7, in Office 2003. I would love t increase that to show 50, or else I�m not really getting th functionality I�m looking for. I think this will take some kind of registry tweak. Does anyone know how/where I can? Thanks in advance, Chri -- cbh3571 ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Problem with MS DTC on SQL2008 win server 2k8 with linked server from sql2000 wi
Hi, We have migrated our db from sql2000 win server 2k to sql2008 win server 2k8. We have linked server from sql2000 win server 2k. By our opinion the problem is with DTC and we have made a lot of setting that we found as solution for our problem, but still the problem exist. There is no any error or worning or information niether in the sql log nor in win event viewer. The application is hanging out and at the end the time out exception is shown. What we have done till now: 1. Enable Network DTC Access with inbound and outbound with No Authentication Required on win 2k8 2. We ...

Move Exchange server
Can someone point me to a KB article that covers the steps that need to be taken to move an exchange server to a different OU. I understand that the System Attendant service must be restarted. Unless I have microsoft documentation stating that it's O.K. to move the OU, I won't be able to do it. Thank you! On Tue, 17 May 2005 05:58:07 -0700, "Exchange help" <Exchangehelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone point me to a KB article that covers the steps that need to be >taken to move an exchange server to a different OU. I understand that the &...

Oultook and sql-server
Dear All, I never have written code in Outlook! My native workspace is Access and Excel. How can I reply an email after surching the sql-database. The emails are recogniced by fixed subject as 'OrderStatus 123654789' or 'OrderDelDate 123456789'. The code should run on each incomming email. HOW ??? ( Chech the subject > [searching database] > [Reply answer]) The hole process should be automated, no action or checks of anybody! Simple reply as 'OrderDelDate 123456789 = 12/12/2006' (Searching the database in no problem) I could do it from access using the timer-ev...

Size of drop down in validation list
I have a validation list which contains about 50 elements. The drop down only shows 9 entries which I can then scroll through. Is there a way to get the drop down to show more entries? There is nothing below the cell which contains the validation list. Thanks for any help on this. There is no way to change the number of entries shown in a data validation drop-down list. I believe you can do so with a ComboBox control (i.e. from the Developer toolbar), but then additional code may be required to validate entries. dhstein;690747 Wrote: > I have a validation list...

Re-installing IMS on Exchange Server 5.5
Hi! I deleted the Internet Mail Service (IMS) from my exchange server because I wanted to try to set it up from scratch again. The only problem is that when I choose File-New Other-Internet Mail Service and go through the steps, it gives me an error msg at the last step where I fill in the password for the service-account that runs the Microsoft Exchange Directory-service. I know I'm typing the correct password and I have even tried to change the user and use the correct password for this other user. I still keep getting the error msg saying: "Logon Failure: unknown username or bad p...

comment configurer pop3 et smtp
je trouve ce commentaire lorsque je veux ajouter un compte messagerie car j'ai fait une mauvaise manipulation lors de sa cr�ation de plus j'ai supprimer le premier compte, et j'aimerai avoir un compte de messagerie propre avec mon Nom et Pr�nom sans publicit� . Quelqu'un pourrai m'aider svp j'ai une autre adresse avec un surnom pour me r�pondre : sarah37ans@live .fr . MERCI D'AVANCE � quiconque pourra m'aider. Impossible de trouver l'h�te SMTP. V�rifiez que vous avez entr� correctement le nom du serveur. Objet '', Compte : '...

OWA and multiple Exchange Servers
Hi, I'll first sketch my situation: 3 Exchange-servers (exch1,2 and 3), all in the same domain but on differtent locations. Local Domain Name is clientname.local. On one of the servers OWA is configured. Problem: I want all users to use exch1 as their OWA server, regardless of on wich server they actually have their mailbox. It works fine now for users on exch1.clientname.local (wich also has an external DSN entry on the internet (https://companyname.nl/exchange)), but as soon as users that exist on any of the other servers try to log in they get redirect to eg. http://exch2.clientname....

Failover Exchange Servers
If I have an Exchange 2000/2003 server located at a colo and another Exchange Server 2000/2003 server located in my building, can Exchange be configured so that any email that comes to my company, would hit the first server and then forward a copy to the Exchange server that is sitting in my building? The users would have their default be the Exchange Server at the building but if something were to go happen, power outage etc, I could change their setting to point to the Exchange server that is located at the colo and they could continue running with access to all their email, etc? I know th...

Virtual user supports in exchange server (a email account without actually creating a email account)
I want to provide email service to my customer, but I don't want to create real user account and email account for each one. for example, I want to assign email like xyz123@mycompany.com to my customer, but I don't really have a email account named "xyz123" setup for it. Still, I want to be able to look at all the new email in the exchange server and extract those emails and doing somework accordingly. Does anyone know if Exchange server support this feature? If not, any other window based email server support it? Thank you so much for the help.. --Xin Chen In news:...

Drop down menu from subform
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this one as i am really loosing the will to live. I have a main form which i wish to log PCB numbers. On that form i have two subform's, one which is called Board Information and one that is called Software Information. I have got the Board Information subform to link not a problem to the main record and only show the board revisions for the main record, but then when it comes to the software subform i hit this problem. I would like a drop down field on the software subform to select the board revision number from the Board Information subform. ...

Login Error
I am seeing a series of error messages when users attempt to log in through a terminal server to GP: SQL Error: 3701 [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server] Cannot drop the view 'EBSGL20001V', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. SQL Error: 2760 [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server] The specified schema name "dbo" either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it. Thank you in advance! Craig You may want to run the GRANT.SQL utility script provided with Microsoft Dynamics GP on all your company and DYNAMICS databases. Best ...

How to remove an orphaned exchange 2K server from the domain?
Someone in our department made a mistake to FORMAT an Win2K DC + Exchange 2K server without cleaning it up from the domain. I am seeing its name under at least three places: - ADUC - AD Sites and Services - Exchange System Manager Q1. I believe cleaning it from the first two is easy, however I did not find an instruction about proper steps to remove a server from Exchange System Manager. Any hint will be appreciated. Q2. Except three applications that I mentioed above, is there somewhere else I should clean up as well? Thanks in advance for any help. http://support.microsoft.com/defau...

it is possible to remove the server CRM of the domain
I have problems with the CRM server and must remove it from the domain and to return it to beat, is some problem? Not quite sure what you mean. But, if you are going to actually change the domain menbership of the server, this will most likely cause problems with the config. If SQL is on a different server, then you will probably be able to get away with just re-installing CRM after adding the server back to the domain. If SQL is on the same machine, then you may be in for other troubles as SQL itself may have issues once you re-join. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jua...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Exchange 2003 and ISA Server
Can someone send me (or point me to any info) on the list of ports required to support an ISA server in the DMZ and the front end server on the internal network. The ISA server will be a member of the domain and will be handling authentication for the logon requests. This will of course mean that standard AD ports will need to be open. Thanks. Nue Head over to ISAServer.org. Lots of good informaion over there from peope like Dr. Tom and others. This site should help you out. Could also look at ISAtools.org. Jim can be opionaited but is a good guy. Frank Clark --------------------...

Money 2007 internet connection problem
Hi, I've been using Money 2007 Deluxe with no problems until today. When I open the program and try to sign in with my Windows Live ID a window pops up that says "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online". I am online. I can open it, and access my money file, if I sign in with no online services. Is anyone else having a problem like this? Thanks for any help you can give! I'm having the same problem in Canada with Money 2006. "mshomo1" <mshomo1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:12vlroq11piu5d7@corp.supernews.com... > Hi, > > ...

Server loses internet connection
We have a server (Windows Server 2003 Ent R2) that keeps losing it's internet connection. This is a problem as this server needs a constant connection for continious off site backups. It can go off for up to 25 minutes at a time and if left alone it will eventually restore itself it seems. It looks like running ipconfig /registerdns will fix it. Server uses a static IP and is set up correctly. It has 2 NICS teamed using the HP management software. When the machine loses its internet connectivity it can still ping/access other nmachines and still works in every other re...