Downloading in Outlook 2003 creates a file "needs list" instead of d/l file

When I have an email with attachment, and I go to
download it, it downloads it and sometimes renames it
to "needs list".  It is the same size as the original
file, however it cant be opened by any known program.  In
this case, it should be a .dwg autocad file, but it has
happened a couple of times.  the name in the saveas box
is correct, you download it, and go to that directory and
what you were expecting to be there isnt, instead needs
list is there.

Anyone here of this before?  I searched Google, and the
newsgroups and the MShelp files, and found nothing.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

I'd say it's a possible problem with your file assciations and not with
Outlook. Try "Save As" and check or rename the file extension.
"JOHN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I have an email with attachment, and I go to
> download it, it downloads it and sometimes renames it
> to "needs list".  It is the same size as the original
> file, however it cant be opened by any known program.  In
> this case, it should be a .dwg autocad file, but it has
> happened a couple of times.  the name in the saveas box
> is correct, you download it, and go to that directory and
> what you were expecting to be there isnt, instead needs
> list is there.
>
> Anyone here of this before?  I searched Google, and the
> newsgroups and the MShelp files, and found nothing.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

0
BillR9171 (440)