Double-Postings of Incoming Email

I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 operating in Windows XP.  Today,
for the first time, I have been receiving doubles of
every incoming email message.  I called my ISP, and was
informed that they only had one of each message on their
server.  They said the problem might be with the e-mail
client.  Anyone have any input here?

Thanks, Matt
0
anonymous (74722)

go to Tools, Email accoutns and ensure that there is one
account set for default.
Alos, check the settings for each account,. Sometimes to
he inbound needs "mail".isp.domain, and any other account
needs "smtp".isp.domain

0
anonymous (74722)

Forward my Outlook to my pirvate email account.
I was wondering if I can have my email in outlook automatically forwarded to my my private personal account at home. I hate coming to work after my days off and seeing 50 unread emails in my box. Thanks Dennis Miles What kind of mail system do you use at work? If you use Exchange server, you can use Outlook Web Access if your admins have installed it/opened it up from the Internet, or they can set alternate delivery on your mailbox to forward a copy of all messages to your home account. The former is preferred as it doesn't leave you with two copies of messages & sent items that ...

Trouble moving emails and folder settings over network...
Im currently trying to move my email settings, including emails, folder structures, and contacts from Outlook Express on one computer to Outlook 2003 on another computer. If it would help, I could install Outlook Express on the new computer, but I cant find what files to move, where everything's located... Any ideas? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated. ...

Printing from emailed files
When printing brochures created in Publisher 2002 and opened in 2003, text at the right margin is cut off about 3/8 of an inch. It displays correctly but prints cutting off the text at the right margin on both pages of the brochure. Is this a Publisher problem or an email problem? This is the limitation of your printer margins. Look at your printer's documentation and see what the margin specification states. In portrait the bottom will be the largest margin, in landscape it is the right. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews....

sending emails using other profile
i have ms outlook 2000 . . . i used to be able to choose which email profile an email was "from" . . . i don't seem to have that option now . . . can anyone tell me how i can choose from which profile to send an email thanks c Check Help->About, second line. I am presuming that you once used Internet Mail Only mode but have switched to Corporate or Workgroup mode. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching goog...

email router 04-30-05
I am really struggling to get this email router to work.... When we try to send an email from CRM, we get "Unexpected error" - when we look in the app Log on the CRM server we see: MSCRM Platform Error Report: Error: description An unexpected error occurred.</description> details An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 403 file D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h I have checkjed the URL on the CRM server and that looks OK - to test this I purposely put in the wrong URL and the error changed from the HTTP:403 to "Host Not F...

posting journal reprint
See KB# 852562. This references that reprinting posting journals by date uses the batch date. However, if Posting Setup is set to use transaction date, then the batch date is null and reprints by date cannot be printed. Suggestion: allow posting journals to be reprinted by transaction posting date. -- Christopher L. Mast, MBA Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C. 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A Grand Rapids, MI 49546-3728 phone 616.575.3482 fax 616.575.3481 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Lost email messages
Without knowing I needed a server connection or account with Microsoft, I tried to configure Outlook 2007 to work with my Comcast email account on my home computer. The emails from my Comcast inbox were removed and transferred into the Large Mail folder in Outlook. Now, the emails have disappeared. Any idea where they might have gone? You dont need a server or MS account; If you configured your comcast mail account within outlook as a pop account, that is the default behaviour to download all mail, unless you also selected the outlook option to keep a copy on the server ...

launching IE from an email URL
If I click on an underlined URL include in an email message, IE does not launch even when it is opened in the background??? Outlook Express 6, Windows XP Home Are you using a popup stopper? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "john" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Word template footer appearing in Outlook emails
We use Outlook 2003. Lately, emails sent to others, especially those using a different version of Outlook show a "footer" in the body of the email similar to the following: RH: 0/0/0000 0:00 AM C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\[NAME].PSG\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\TEMPLATES\NORMAL.DOT [Body of email then follows] I use Word as Outlook editor and have a footer as part of my normal.dot in Word. The "footer" insertion recently started when we switched to Windows Server 2008. Any suggestions for stopping the "footer" appearing? It doesn't show when...

Ability to attach Outlook email items to an Activity
The Attachment functionality allows attaching any browseable artificate in the system, i.e. documents, presentations, etc. Emails in their native form are not a tangible, browseable artifact and consequently cannot be attached. Emails can be imported into the Application as Activities with Email content stored in text fields. The requirement is to be able to browse through the email items (similar to attaching items alongwith a mail in Microsoft Outlook) and attach them. Can you please suggest any way in which this can be done? ...

In 2003 is there a way to enable using MS Word as email editor...
I know you go into options to do it, but the only option I see is Word 2003, and that is grayed out. I have Office XP, and Office 2000. How do you enable Word as the email editor using either of those office suites? TIA, Eric You don't. Word 2003 is required. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111D0E75-A861-47FB-A31B-E694A2D822BC@microsoft.com... >I ...

Tracking activity of an email address
I am trying to figure out a way to track the traffic/activity of an email router box. Does anyone have suggestions? Thank you in advance, "Shepheard" <Shepheard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD1E31FC-15CC-4377-99A4-AC267E2CCDF4@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a way to track the traffic/activity of an email > router box. I'm not sure what this has to do with Outlook. If you have access to the router, determine what mail software is running on it and use Google to see if you can find tools to monitor it. -- Brian...

what do i do if my email will not 'send' upon setup?
I have just setup our first home pc today.Whilst my outlook email appears to be fine the other 2 users on my pc are not able to send from their "new" email screens.Their email is purely a word format with no send function on the toolbar.Is this a problem with the way i have registered my microsoft software? g.seery <g.seery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just setup our first home pc today.Whilst my outlook email > appears to be fine the other 2 users on my pc are not able to send > from their "new" email screens.Their email is purely a word...

Exchange Down and inbound email
If my Exchange goes down and somebody from outside my netwok sends me an email. What happen to mail sent to me. does it kick back to the sender and sit on thier system for a certain time and get redilvered or does the sender get a ndr right away? thanks Rick It depends upon how the sender has their MTA set up, but typically it goes into a retry queue that then retrys at wideneing intervals until it reaches the timeout threshold and generates the NDR. Some ISP's offer "mailbagging" as a service that will accept your mail for you when your gateway is down, and then redelive...

Posting again
MBS couldn't help me with this problem so I have decided to track these transactions differently. Since these transactions are created in PM and then posted in to GL: 1. Is there a script that will run for each transaction in PM against transactions in GL and output all transactions that are found in PM but not in GL. 2. When we creat a PM batch (let say two transactions); where is this information stored in SQL Server? Thanks Really not a script, but you could compare the docnumbr coluimn in either the PM2xxxx series vs the gl20000 series ordocnum I think that's the columns Do...

Two tables
Hello I have two tables, 1. Employees which links to Sales The two tables have a [Name] field in common. On the sales table I also have a check box. I have a main form being the employees and sub-form being the sales. There is also a combo box which lets me filter down. What I wanted to do using the form is when I click on the check box on the sales sub-form it will lookup the [email] field in the employee table and then send an email. I hope someone can help with this as it's causing me lots of issues, Thanks so much Andrea ...

10,000+ emails in inbox and unable to delete...
Hello, I have an inbox with 10,000+ items most of which I would like to remove. There seems to be a certain point in time back past which I cannot delete the email. I can view it, but when I attempt to delete it I get the infamous "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown error". If anyone has run into this issue in the past and has a solution, please let me know. Thanks. Does this happen for individual messages as well? Clear the Deleted Items folder and try again. Otherwise run scanpst.exe and then after the fixing process delete the messages by SHIFT+DELETE Also...

How to save/email say A1 to K40 in Excel 2003
Excel 2003 - All I want to do is save and then email a range of cells (eg. A1 tto K40) of Sheet 3 - NOT the entire Sheet 3. HOW? And in PLAIN 'idiot proof' language please. Hi See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm Or if you want to send it as a file http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail4.htm Or http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail4.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "gadgetanda2" <gadgetanda2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF28E145-1DC7-4A76-B4F8-5688B9FCE496@microsoft.com... > Excel 2003 - Al...

Easy way to resend failed campaign activity emails?
I have a marketing list containing 1000 people, create a marketing activity to send emails to these people, and distribute. 100 of these people may have inadvertantly got the "Do Not Allow Emails" to be ticked, or have an email address missing. Is there an easy way, after fixing this, to resend these emails to these people? i.e. from the "failed activities" sub-grid. Any help would be much appreciated. Ian. ...

Multiple sendings of emails
Hi, Can anyone explain why my Outlook 2003 is sending emails that have more than one recipient multiple times . It occurs with distribution lists and with emails with multiple recipients. This isn't a consistent behaviour but frequent enough to be a major productivity hassle. (We have recently changed ISP, but thus far believe the ISP that it is not a fault with their service). Thank you, Graham Does your antivirus scan outgoing email? That often causes such problems. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

Workflows- Emails to be sent from Queue's Email ID
Hi, Can we have a workflow in which e-mails can be sent from queue's email id instead of owner who created the workflow? we would like to have e-mails to be sent from workflow engine using two generic e-mail add. like support@abc.com or customercare@abc.com any suggestion would be welcome Thanks in advance. Regards, TAPAN DESAI. I too was wondering the same thing. The whole workflow process is almost useless on a conversion as well. Since all of the contacts are already "Created" and there was no workflow process in place while they were created to "wait" fo...

Default email account #3
How can I set my default email account to be my external POP3 account rather than my microsoft exchange? I go through email accounts and select the pop3 account then chose set as default and it keeps those settings until I reboot. Once I reboot the computer Microsoft exchange account becomes the default email account once again. Thanks for anyones help! Kim If the Exchange server is running on Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, users with non-Exchange accounts in the same profile as the Exchange account may see the default mail account always revert to the Exchange account, regard...

mta not delivering emails
We have a 2000 server which had a faulty SMTP service in that no external email was being delivered so I reinstalled the server and I still cant connect to the service on port 25, it just rejects me. Anyway, at the same time i'm sending emails locally from the admin account and its doing the following: Report generated internally SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP Store Driver: Submitted Message to MTA Unroutable report discarded Advice please ...

Exchange is not recieving emails (but it is forwarding them!)
The email is not coming through into Outlook, for anyone. I try sending one to myself from an internal email and an extrenal one, and nothing is getting through to Outlook. But we have some users set up so that it forwards thier mail to a blackberry email address. Those emails are gettin to the blackberries, but thats it. What can I do? Is the MTA service running at least ? -- Benoit Boudeville [Exchange MVP 2003-2004] "Steve" wrote: > The email is not coming through into Outlook, for anyone. > I try sending one to myself from an internal email and an > extre...

SMTP relaying of Spam emails in Exchange 2003
Please let me know how I could stop SMTP relaying of emails which are unauthorised I have setup the server as per the Microsoft Documentation but yet spammers get connected and then relay emails at times See the article below, it applies to Exchange 2003. First check the Default SMTP Virtual Server or SMTP Connector properties to ensure that it is not open for relay. If not an account on the Exchange 2000 server may have been compromised and could be being used to send authenticated relayed mail. To determine if an account is sending authenticated relayed mail: From the Exchange Server...