Double Line Spacing #2

Hi,

I have changed my Outlook settings so that it doesn't use Word to compose
email messages. This is a requirement so that I can use Sage ACT!
functionality. The problem is that my signature now appears with double line
spacing. If I set it to compose as plain text as opposed to HTML this solves
the problem, except for when I reply to an HTML email. Can anyone explain
why this is happening?

Thanks

"Shaun" <shaunthornburgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have changed my Outlook settings so that it doesn't use Word to compose
> email messages. This is a requirement so that I can use Sage ACT!
> functionality. The problem is that my signature now appears with double
> line spacing. If I set it to compose as plain text as opposed to HTML this
> solves the problem, except for when I reply to an HTML email. Can anyone
> explain why this is happening?
>
> Thanks

The HTML for your sig probably wraps each line in <P>whatever text</P> tags.
Default CSS styles for the P[aragraph] tag cause this to display as if there
is a blank line between each line of text.  To fix it, edit the HTML
directly to remove the <P> at the beginning of each line, and replace the
</P> at the end of each line with <BR> (the breaking line tag.)

It is possible that there may not be any </P> (closing paragraph) tags
there.  (They are required by W3C spec, but many browsers will render
adequately without them.)  If that's the case, you'll have to wing it a bit,
just get rid of the opening <P> tags and place a <BR> where ever a new line
should begin.

-Mark

0
mmcginty (21)
8/15/2007 1:06:18 PM
"Mark J. McGinty" <mmcginty@spamfromyou.com> wrote in message

> "Shaun" <shaunthornburgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have changed my Outlook settings so that it doesn't use Word to compose
>> email messages. This is a requirement so that I can use Sage ACT!
>> functionality. The problem is that my signature now appears with double
>> line spacing. If I set it to compose as plain text as opposed to HTML
>> this solves the problem, except for when I reply to an HTML email. Can
>> anyone explain why this is happening?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> The HTML for your sig probably wraps each line in <P>whatever text</P>
> tags. Default CSS styles for the P[aragraph] tag cause this to display as
> if there is a blank line between each line of text.  To fix it, edit the
> HTML directly to remove the <P> at the beginning of each line, and replace
> the </P> at the end of each line with <BR> (the breaking line tag.)
>
> It is possible that there may not be any </P> (closing paragraph) tags
> there.  (They are required by W3C spec, but many browsers will render
> adequately without them.)  If that's the case, you'll have to wing it a
> bit, just get rid of the opening <P> tags and place a <BR> where ever a
> new line should begin.
>

> -Mark

Thanks Mark

Delegation #2
My company recently converted from a Groupwise email system to Outlook. In groupwise, I set up proxy access for users to access other mailboxes, such as a fax or helpdesk mailbox. With the new setup, our biggest problem is that when users send from the other accounts, the emails go into their own sent folders--not the account they emailed from (like fax or helpdesk). This is important because more than one person may monitor those boxes and there needs to be a history of who sent what were. Is there something I am doing wrong? I thought it was a delegation thing because all the instruct...

T-bills and investments #2
I am stuck trying to post purchases & sales of T-bills. The number just don't seem to work out right when I look at the transactions, and I cannot figure out how to get the interest and renewals to post. My problem is when I "buy" a t-bill for 990 ($1000 discounted), it values the T-bill at 9.90. That does not seem right to me, there must be something wrong. The investment is set up as a treasury account (not on-line), and I'm just trying to post my purchases. Can someone help me to figure out how to post these discounted bonds or tell me where I can find help ...

2 DBs connections + commit/rollback
Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3rd comp. .net driver we use... but the situation: Open FB tran and MSSQL tran... If the commit fails on FB that is first executed, the MSSQL (2nd step) is not executed, no problem... but how can I do a FB rollback that was commited if the MSSQL fails on commit? Have you ever seen this? Thanks Paulo Roberto wrote: > Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because > FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3r...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

How Long Can Release 1.2 Still Be Purchased?
Hi, I know that support for 1.2 ends at the end of October, 2006. But does anyone know when purchases and sale (and the capability of getting registration keys) of release 1.2 ends? We work with a 3rd party ISV and their product won't be ready for 3.0 for quite a few more months and I am trying to figure out our response to clients who need this add-on and want CRM. Thanks. Alan ...

Deleting transactions #2
Help! We had problems with one of our registers and we had to replace the PC that we were using and and when we finally got all ready to operate we lost everything that we had rung in (which we re-entered later) but now when we run a detailed sales report for that day it shows all of the sales that we cannot see in the journal but they show on the report, I want to delete them but there is not a batch for those transactions only the transaction # and I do not want to delete all of the transactions just the ones that are incorrect for that day. I hope someone can help Thanks! You can v...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

Adress Book #2
In the help file it states... "The Outlook Address Book is created automatically and contains the contacts in your Contacts folder" I imported my contcts from a .csv file and the address book was not automatically created. So when I make a new e-mail press "to" the outlook address book is empty and if I try to add a new entry to the outlook address book is says "a new entry could not be added. PLease use the contacts module to create this entry." to which if I do it still does not show up in the address book ? Thanks Keith You will need to include some in...

Close open space for color fill tool
What is a way to close an open space to use the fill tool? Mark. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Mark Brown <mbrown@pnint.com>!"... > What is a way to close an open space to use the fill tool? What version of Publisher are you using? How have you created this "open space"? Is it a line/curve? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Publisher 2003 XP Pro SP1a I am using the curve tool on a 4 X 6 Postcard....

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

My decimals have been replaced by spaces?
Try Start / Control Panel / regional and language options / Regional options tab / make sure decimal separator is not a space and is actually a period . -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Decimals?" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9804636A-E65...

2-hour hibernate failure
This is a new thread. See old stuff for history. Okay, John, I'm using Clone2 and have started running your investigatory programs. > Service Name,Start Mode > Alerter,Disabled, > ALG,Manual, > AppMgmt,Manual, > aspnet_state,Manual, > Ati HotKey Poller,Auto, > ATI Smart,Auto, > AudioSrv,Auto, > Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler,Disabled, > BITS,Manual, > Browser,Auto, > CiSvc,Manual, > ClipSrv,Disabled, > clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32,Manual, > COMSysApp,Manual, > CryptSvc,Auto, > DcomLaunch,Auto, > Dhcp,Auto, >...

if Condition #2
Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I use this using If condition, then how can I do it? Maybe??? =if(or(a1=1,c1=1),10,"what should go here") saraskandan@gmail.com wrote: > > Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, > condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 > is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I > use this ...

Trend line wont go through the origin
I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this? Look in the Trendline Options tab; you can specify the value required fro the intercept - in your case 0 To get the slope's value into a cell, do not copy the trendline equation but rather use the SLOPE function. I am assuming you have a linear expression (must graphs I used in teaching chem were linear); if no see my website to learn about LINEST. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &q...

Colors #2
Hello I am aware that the following may not be exactly an Excel question, but none the less I hope someone will explain. Why is it that in Excel's Colors dialog box (Custom) one can mix red, green and blue and not the primary colors red, blue and yellow?. Guess I should know, but I don't. Hans Knudsen I believe the answer is related to the way a monitor produces color on the pixel level. The primary colors for each pixel are Red, Blue, and Green, (known as RBG). Primary colors generally relate to the way offset presses work using the 3 primary colors overlaping each other, plus o...

connecting points on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I can't connect my data points on the line graph.I know how to do this on Microsoft Excel 2007 for Windows. You open the data source box by right clicking on the graph area, then you select the button &quot;Hidden and empty cell settings&quot;, choose &quot;show empty cells as&quot; and select &quot;connect data point with line&quot;. However the &quot;Hidden and empty cells settings&quot; box is missing on the Office for MAC 2008 version of excel. Does anyone know how I can get these data points co...

Disabling the 'From' option within New Message #2
Is there a way to disable the 'From' option on the Options drop-down on the new message. I was looking at this yesterday. I was able to select a user's email address other than my own to be the sender. Where can this be disabled? Outlook 2003/Exchange2003 Thanks in advance ...

Problems opening Outlook 2003 #2
I click on the office outlook 2003, it says "configuring outlook accounts", then I get the message, "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" ( retry, work offline, cancel). I try the work offline tab then a box comes up saying, " unable to open your default email folders, your profile is not configured. I try to configure my profile and something i am doing is not right. Please help. What do I do? Thank you for your help with this problem. Keith Are you trying to connect to an Exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

merging files #2
Hi My wife has a number of separate publisher files that she needs to combine into a single file. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this.. I have looked at the "insert" menu and it looks like you can insert a blank page but not an existing file… How do I combine multiple publisher files into one document? Thanks Michael mlsred <mlsred@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I combine multiple publisher files into one document? Copy and Paste. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:20:03 +0000,...

Editing menus in Excel 2007 beta 2
How do I edit the "right click menu" in Excel 2007 Beta 2? Hi Diggerdeep Same as in older versions with VBA code This example will add 3 controls to the Cell menu that run your own macro's. Change this two lines : onaction_names = Array("macro1", "macro2", "macro3") caption_names = Array("caption 1", "caption 2", "caption 3") Sub Add_Controls() Dim i As Long Dim onaction_names As Variant Dim caption_names As Variant onaction_names = Array("macro1", "macro2", "macro3...

Backing Up Outlook Files #2
Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another computer. Please assist!!! http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm is a good place to read about this. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Muhammad Yusuf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3b457$0a972d60$a101280a@phx.gbl... | Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook | files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another | computer. | | Please assi...