don't want birthdays created automtically in my calendar

HI,

It's very anoing that outlook automatically creates birthdays in he calendar
for every single contact. Can that be prevented?

Allan

0
ar2048 (1)

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

Want to Group messages by date only in Outlook XP 2002
When you use the grouping function in an Outlook XP 2002 folder (like Inbox) to group by Received field; you get multiple groups each containing one message, because the field is a date-time field. I want to group all messages received any given day, discarding the time data. Anybody knows how to do this, seems a very simple thing to do. Maybe I'm bypassing something. Thanks -- HBC Unfortunately you can't...only Outlook 203 can do this. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Re...

folder browsing
vb.net I want to use a system dialog to return the path to a folder the user selects. I need the ability set the default folder and create a folder too. It would also be helpful from a less clicks stand point if the default folder could be expanded so the user doesn't have to. I found FolderBrowserDialog which does what I want except for a few things. It does not expand the default folder which is a problem because if the user creates a folder, a new folder is created named "New Folder" beneath the default folder but since the default folder is collapsed, the ...

Create Second Page in Access2003 with Different Orientation (Portr
How do I create a second page in an Access2003 Report where the second page has a different orientation. The first page is in landscape and the second needs to be in portrait so that the mailing address is viewable for Windows envelopes. We tried to add a second page but it messed up the calculations and orientation of the from the first page. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thank you, Mirsa With WindowsXP ...

Can't Reply, Forward or Create new eMail
This is for a friend of mine. He's running OfficeXP (2002) and the OS is WindowsXP Home Edition. Anytime he tries to created a New message, Forwards or does a Reply, he gets a message that says "Outlook cannot created the message due to lack of disk space or memory in the computer". Then he clicks OK; and the box goes away (leaving him with no way to complete the process). I'm having him go thru the Office Update Process to ensure everything is up to date. He has plenty of disk space and plenty of memory. What does this mean? Thanks in advance! ...

sql server 2000: most frequented tables -> script wanted
hallo, could someone please provide me a script, which throws the most frequented tables used within a sql server 2000 database? i am aware of one (see below) for sql server 2005, but due to new functionalities within sql server 2005 it can not be backported. SELECT TOP 20 db_name(database_ID), object_name(object_id), leaf_insert_count, leaf_delete_Count, leaf_update_count, range_scan_count, row_lock_count FROM sys.dm_db_index_operational_stats(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) WHERE db_name(database_ID)='<Datenbank-Name>' ORDER BY leaf_update_count desc --oder ...

Missing scrolls bars in web pages created with FP
http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my site, which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek! Also on the into page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm and the main page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm The scroll bars are now red, should be blue. Help? Regds - Deane In line "EAHORC" <EAHORC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E612EBDB-301F-4F2C-896A-7C012B6D607F@microsoft.com... > http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm > ...

How can i create a scatterplot with small and medium values?
i am trying to find a correlation between donating members and emloyees in organisations. The firms have classsed them selves as either small or medium and i would like to plot this information in a scatterplot. the legends would be small and medium and the x, y members and employees. Can anyone help with this matter? Thanks Hi, Sort out you data by the column containing the firm classification. By doing so the the data is rearranged into the "small" and "medium" blocks. Plot the data for the small and medium firms as two separate data series in the same XY-scatte...

Create an Address List Based on Group Membership of Users
Hello, I'm trying to do what is described in Knowledge Base Article - 321723; however, in step 5a I don't have the Group Membership option to click on. Any other ideas as to how to go about creating address lists based on group membership of users? Hmmh, I'm not sure why it doesn't show up in yours but you could also create a custom ldap filter to do the same thing. In this example that I created for someone else, we return a list of all users, groups, public, folders, contacts that do not have a mailnickname beginning with dallas. See article 255602 for more on ldap ...

Make Table in Back End using VBA code is not creating the table
Hi Guys & Gals, The knowledge & helpfulness on this forum never fails to amaze me. My problem is thus:- I have found several ways to create a table in a back end via code but the following code I still can't get to work. I would like to so I can use it in a small project I'm doing for myself & then be able to use it in future developments when suitable. It is a combination of various code I've found on the forum but I'm missing something because the Debug.Print only shows the BE path in the immediate window & the table is not created. ...

Outlook wants to, but cannot open Word
My 2003 Outlook all of a sudden wants to open Word for its editor. Then is says Word cannot be found or is the wrong version. My Word is Office 2003 and works fine. For the past several years Word has not been my editor. Under options, Word is NOT checked. So I would like to figure out why Word wants to start and how to fix it. Terry wrote: > My 2003 Outlook all of a sudden wants to open Word for its editor. Then is > says Word cannot be found or is the wrong version. > > My Word is Office 2003 and works fine. > > For the past several years Word ...

Change the default Calendar
Hej to all I have outlook 2010 with 2 calendars, calendar and work. By default the default calendar is calendar, but I would like to be work, since calendar have almost my private things, there is a way to change the default calendar to work. Thanks to all. Sofia No, you'll have to copy over the items from one to the other. Personally I don't use 2 calendars for this but use a single calendar and categorize my appointments accordingly. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/191 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft...

Help: I am trying to create buttons in Excel
Hi all, I am trying to create an expand/collapse button (+/- button) to group similar cells. For example, if cell A1 has "catch22", cell A2 "catch23", A3 catch24, I am trying to group them under "catch" and create a button next to it. How would I do this? Thank you. Look at Data>Group and Outline. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "fenisol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66c201c4016d$f1114380$a401280a@phx.g...

Exchange 2000
A couple of days ago, we noticed that our server was getting bogged down and the hard drive was running constantly. Upon looking into this further, I found that relaying was enabled, and that there were hundreds of thousands of messages in the BadMail folder. If I stop the SMTP virtual server, the disk activity stops. I go in and delete all of the files in the BadMail folder. As soon as I start the SMTP virtual server again, the folder starts filling up with messages again. I cannot figure out where these messages are coming from! HELP! The messages are in the internal processing queues of th...

i want to sign in today
i have tried to sign in to my other hotmail email many times with uncorrect password and i have been trying for days ,,so how can i sign in today without changing my password This newsgroup is a public forum of your peers not Microsoft support for Hotmail or a Live ID. The following are your available options for obtaining support, cancelling and/or closing an account. 1. Hotmail Support Hotmail Online Solutions Center - requires creation of a username/pw that will also be linked to a Live ID (a Hotmail account is a Live ID) - Live ID username is **Not** visible to th...

Create a button to Clear Cells
Hello, Can anyone help me set up a button and macro to clear cells where data is entered. Lets say, I'm looking to clear Cells A1,B1,C1 and A3, B3, C3. Remember I would still need a button that would then prompt the Macro. 1) Record yourself clearing the cells, as follows Tools Macro Record New Macro Select the cells Press delete Stop recording the macro. 2) Create button as follows View Toolbars Form From the forms bar select the button icon Drag out a rectangular button Once you have dragged it out a pop up will ap...

Program Wants To Install in Russian
I want to install an upgrade to the "Light Scribe" program for my DVD but the program is in Russian and wants to install in Russian(don't speak Russian at all).I got the upgrade from HP,the program is a multilingual,but I just can't get the English version,only the Russian comes up,when I try to install it.Thanx. Jack Kanter <jaslam08@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to install an upgrade to the "Light Scribe" program for my DVD >but the program is in Russian and wants to install in Russian(don't >speak Russian at all).I got the upgrade f...

Creating formatted XLS file with VB6
Hi I'm creating a new Excel file (referenced: Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library) and I have a column of 13 digit numbers which Excel being helpful as usual is showing in scientific notation, I've tried prefixing the column content with an apostrophe which works for CSV files being read into Excel but apparently not in XLS files. Code Extracts: Dim XL As Excel.Workbook Dim XLA As Excel.Application Dim XS As Excel.Worksheet Set XLA = New Excel.Application Set XL = XLA.Workbooks.Open(XLSName) Set XS = XL.Worksheets(1) tLn = Split(XLSContent, vbCr...

How to Create a ToolTip for MSFlexGrid in Visual C++
Hi! Can anyone send me how to create a ToolTip for header columns in Visual C++ dialog application. Regards, Sanat I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it should work very similarly: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/tooltiptitletip/article.php/c1053/ This is also an interesting approach... not for the header, but for individual items: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/treetooltip.asp?print=true Tom "sanath" <sanath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03287A73-3844-4653-9DAF-639BBB5586F4@microsoft.com... > Hi! &g...

Users Creating Public Folders
We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by all the departments in our firm. This week we have seen two folders that have been created by the standard users. Does any body know how to stop this from happening??~ Help appreciated., Thanks Anthony "code_master" <codemaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C46948-F89D-43D7-B777-759C13FB2F45@microsoft.com... > We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by all > the departments in our firm. > This week we have seen two folders that have been creat...

Help with logical condition wanted
In tblProject I have StartDate and EndDate. I need help with the SQL syntax for returning projects which are within given year interval. For example: @YearFrom = 2010 @YearTo = 2010 ProjectID: Project A StartDate: 2006-01-01 EndDate: 2011-12-31 This project has been active within the given year interval so I want it to be returned by the SQL syntax but which WHERE clause should be used? SELECT * FROM tblProject WHERE... ??? Grateful for fast help! // S hi, On 09.04.2010 12:01, staeri 74 wrote: > In tblProject I have StartDate and EndDate. I need help with th...

Reminders remain for an Outlook 2007 calendar that has been deleted
I'm running Outlook 2007 with Windows 7, and I had set up a calendar for my son's school schedule with daily reminders for his classes. I deleted the calendar and foolishly assumed that the reminders would be deleted as well. Is there any way to clear these reminders from my Outlook? Thanks for any help you can offer! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Run the command or application in the Security context of specified user http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1282dcc7-c0a0-4601-87e2-cd97ef257c99/run-the-command-or-applic.aspx Start, Run, outlook /cle...

Copy and paste attachment creates e-mail message
One of our users is trying to insert documents into a table and having issues. She is using Office 2003. Her Word document contains a table (it is a meeting agenda) and when she wants to insert specific documents into it she goes to the e-mail message that the document is attached to, right-clicks it, copies it, switches to Word and pastes it into the table. She will then get the message "Do you want to merge changes?" and it doesn't matter if she chooses Yes or No, it will sometimes open an e-mail message and other times will paste properly. If she saves the document to her h...

Calendar Background Color?
I have a department that uses shared calendars from w/in each of their mailboxes. So each of them open them up in their Outlook 2007 client and they would like the calendars to be consistant in the color on each mailbox. As it stands now, they are different colors on all their clients I have tried making sure that they are opened in the same sequence (Debbie, Rick, Skip) but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas? Penny Miller <pennym@CO.CHELAN.WA.US> wrote: > I have a department that uses shared calendars from w/in each of their > mailboxes. So each of t...

can I design where I want the cursor to go after I enter?
I want the cursor to go from say cell A1 to E5 then to G3 in a worksheet I designed without having to navigate throught the other cells. Anyone know if I can do that in excel? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html "Stove79" wrote: > I want the cursor to go from say cell A1 to E5 then to G3 in a worksheet I > designed without having to navigate throught the other cells. Anyone know if > I can do that in excel? Stove In addition to Frank's posting, you could do it with Worksheet Event code. No sheet protection needed. No named range needed...