Doesn't remember password after Echange server change

Ok, now it has happened to me too. After my company changed their Echange
server today, I cannot manage Outlook 2003 to remember my password. I've
tried many solutions that I found via Google or in the newsgroups, nothing
worked and now I'm stuck. I've tried to delete the subfolder in
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and
tried several things in "Stored User Names and Passwords" (via Manage my
network passwords in Control Panel | User Accounts) as well.

When I do a system restore to yesterday's situation, it DOES retain the
password in relation to the previous Exchange server. The strange thing is
that even after a system restore, "Stored User Names and Passwords" shows an
entry for the NEW Exchange server.I would expect to see only the previous
situation.

Other things I've tried via Control Panel | Mail (every time after a system
restore)
--Change the existing e-mail account
--Remove the old one and add the new one.

I log in locally on my laptop (XP Prof), same User ID and password as my
domain credentials, which are used to connect to the Exchange server. That
part hasn't changed.

Any idea is most welcome.

0
ask6788 (14)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordnotremembered.htm
Check to see if any of the information here will help you, if not then
please post back.
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"lschell" wrote:

> Ok, now it has happened to me too. After my company changed their Echange
> server today, I cannot manage Outlook 2003 to remember my password. I've
> tried many solutions that I found via Google or in the newsgroups, nothing
> worked and now I'm stuck. I've tried to delete the subfolder in
> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and
> tried several things in "Stored User Names and Passwords" (via Manage my
> network passwords in Control Panel | User Accounts) as well.
>
> When I do a system restore to yesterday's situation, it DOES retain the
> password in relation to the previous Exchange server. The strange thing is
> that even after a system restore, "Stored User Names and Passwords" shows an
> entry for the NEW Exchange server.I would expect to see only the previous
> situation.
>
> Other things I've tried via Control Panel | Mail (every time after a system
> restore)
> --Change the existing e-mail account
> --Remove the old one and add the new one.
>
> I log in locally on my laptop (XP Prof), same User ID and password as my
> domain credentials, which are used to connect to the Exchange server. That
> part hasn't changed.
>
> Any idea is most welcome.

0
KOrland1 (1012)
10/11/2005 1:53:10 PM
Kathleen,

Thank you for your response. The only option on that page that applies to me
is For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (including Outlook Express). Am I
correct?
That KB article describes the deletion of the subkey in
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and
I already tried that (see my original message).

Anything else I should try?

LS

> Check to see if any of the information here will help you, if not then
> please post back.

0
ask6788 (14)

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

Change the sender to the previous owner when a lead is reassigned
Business scenario is as folllows: A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner as the sender. When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the PREVIOUS owner as the sender. There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email. What is the recommended solution - callout, etc. -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant Hi Paul, Very right, Callout is the solution. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.m...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?
I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart. In PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line. Any suggestions? In the chart, select the series you want changed. Then, select Chart | Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype. When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to that one series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-...

Change database source for pivot table
Hi I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't figure out how to change the source database. Any ideas? Cheers Neil Just answered my own question, in the query go into table definition and change the database "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yauyKKpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. > > however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't > figu...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

Line Graph: Changing X/Y Axis'
Can somebody please help to recommend a tutorial or simple directions on creating a chart in Office 2007 that will show how to create a simple line chart (2-D is fine) that gives flexibility in flipping the x and y axis? This seems challenging in 2007... Thanks. You cannot 'flip' a Line chart. In a Line chart the x axis has category values and if flipped this would give category values to the y axis which must have numeric values. But you can readily flip an XY chart. Click the chart; from the Chart Tools select Design; Click Select Data; now use Edit. In the Edit dialog, select ...

External data changes not reflected
I am frustrated by something that is probably simple and due to my lac of knowledge... I had some 10 rows of external data (a named range in anothe spreadsheet) and I was copying it in just fine. Then I extended the source to have 20 rows and changed the length o the named range now when I refresh the data in the destination it onl brings in the first 10 rows. Even If I create a NEW desination workbook file it still doesn't pic up my new BIGGER named range definition(so it isn't something local t the WKS file) I presume it muct be keeping some definition around in cache or in ...

LOST PASSWORD #6
I changed my password to open my Outlook and now I can't remember what it is. Anyway to bypass this and get into my Outlook? No, that is what passwords are for - to keep people OUT of your program, including you. Check on Google.com for password recovery programs. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, KYM asked: | I changed my password to open my Outlook and now I can't remember | what it is. Anyway to bypass...

Changing the window style of a control
Hi all... I have placed a list view control on a dialog using resource editor. That list control has initially no border, but I need to place the border programatically. I tried using: SetWindowLong(m_lstDocs.GetSafeHwnd(), GWL_STYLE, m_lstDocs.GetStyle() | WS_BORDER); And m_lstDocs.ModifyStyle(0, WS_BORDER); In OnInitDialog handle, where m_lstDocs is the CListCtrl assotiated with the control on dialog resouce. All of that didn't do anything on the list view appearance. I tried using that calls in OnCreate method too but the control isn't created yet, because its HWND ...

attribute size not changed in mapping view
I changed the size of an attribute to 50 but when I go to relationships and try to map the attribute I see the size in ( ) as 100 still and I get an error message stating the source entity attribute is too large to map to the target entity attribute. I am trying to map a new attribute new_building from account to billto_line2 in order request form. The new attribute was originally created with maximum length of 100 but I have changed the length to 50. I can go into attributes and see the maximum length as 50. Billto_line2 is nvar 50. I am running CRM 3.0. I published all my changes a...

Displaying daily quote changes
I am a new user to MS Money who recently migrated from Quicken. I can't seem to find a way that will give me daily quote changes in my portfolio. This is Jan. 26, 2008 and it does give me the change but its not a trading day. It also has the same data as the 1-25-08 which it should. If I try to go back to January 22, it just shows the price for the 22 but not the change. Right click in a blank area within the column headers and then click "customize current view". This should show all the fields that can be added, including the "daily change". Frank "ygold...

Publisher 03, how do I apply a change to all pages in a calendar?
I created a 12-page calendar - a full page per month. How can I change a font and have it apply to all 12 pages? Similarly, how can I add a graphic and have it show on all pages? Thanks! Click the font scheme, it should be on the calendar task bar, if not open it from the format menu. Select a font scheme or create one of your own. The graphic is simple enough, insert it on the first page, paste it on the next 11. It should paste exactly where it was placed on page one. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "EddieP...