Does anyone use "location" field in Outlook?

After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in
Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject"
which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses.  The appointment fields
are:

1. SUBJECT:  (example:  "Conference call with Joe and Mary)

2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
"Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?

I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other
people are using it.

Thanks,

air1 (81)

Standard following use that I have seen.

Subject = Topic of your appointment or the meeting

Location = Where is the appointment or meeting.

Regards,

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group

"George" <air1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in
> Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after
> "subject" which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses.  The
> appointment fields are:
>
> 1. SUBJECT:  (example:  "Conference call with Joe and Mary)
>
> 2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
> "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?
>
> I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how
> other people are using it.
>
> Thanks,

This is used in our org to put what conference room the meeting is in.

"George" wrote:

> After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in
> Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject"
> which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses.  The appointment fields
> are:
>
> 1. SUBJECT:  (example:  "Conference call with Joe and Mary)
>
> 2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
> "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?
>
> I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other
> people are using it.
>
> Thanks,

KePaHa (20)
4/20/2005 11:26:02 PM
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:37:57 -1000, George <air1@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> 2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
> "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?

I use it all the time - put in where the meeting will be.  "My Office" or
"9th Floor Conference room" or "1234 Pleasant Lane, #567" for example.
The location displays on the calendar, conveniently, as well as being easy
to see on my PDA.

Very handy.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Copying Profiles / changing default location
Is there a way to copy the Outlook profiles I have created on one machine to another machine? Basically: I have a lab of computers in which I'll be training a group of people. I want to set up all of their profiles on one machine, and copy it to the rest of them so that they can pick their name when the log onto Outlook XP. I am using Exchange 2000. The users will be logging onto machines that have Novell and Windows XP Pro. The Windows user name will be a generic one that is on all machines (they don't authenticate to the domain at the time of login, and we do not use roaming pr...

A formula giving a Reference to a Variable Column Location
I need to calculate the average of several columns in a worksheet, but the location of these columns varies due to varying exported data from an Access data base export. That is, if there are no values in a certain field for an entire set of records, then no column is created in the resulting excel worksheet, which results in the column for say, field 26, being in the 26th column (at most) but often in an ealier column because another column was not created. The columns have the field name as text in the top row, and if I could create a formula that wouild in essence calculate 'The avera...

Contact List Location
This is my first attempt to use Outlook and I have googled the NG for an answer to the question below but did not find one. I try to keep all of my data on a partition other than the system partition. As an example, I keep My Documents and Outlook Express messages out on drive D:. I have just installed Outlook to use its Calendar and Contacts features and would like to keep their data out on D: also. How can I set up Outlook to store and look for my Calendar and Contact info there. Thank you very much. With Outlook closed, move its data file (PST file) to that drive. The next time you o...

Location of attachements within the message body
I moved recently to Outlook 2002 SP-2 under Windows XP professional V 5.1 SP 1. When I insert attachments to an email message (including by drag and drop) all the attachments appear as a list within an 'Attach...' field that is added automatically by Outlook under the "Subject" field and above the text area. I am not able to place the attached files within specific locations in the message body. I used to do this with no problems when I used outlook 2000 under Windows 2000 (and I never had all the attachments placed in the aforementioned "Attach" fiel...

Location of Boot.ini
I just setup and added a E2k3 on a W2k3 server in a W2k environment. I can't seem to find the boot.ini file in whoe C:\ drive (system partition). I already set show hidden files. Search on the whole C:\ did not return a result. I know in E2K on W2K the file resides on the root of the C:\ drive. Is it different in E2K3 on W2K3? Where is it? Thank you - JoeCL LACO-CAO On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:59:03 -0800, "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just setup and added a E2k3 on a W2k3 server in a W2k environment. I >can't seem to find the boot....

notebook file locations
i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of the notebooks have to be open to search the files. edwhicks wrote: > i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated > 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access > and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of > the notebooks have to be open to search the files. The search only works for files whi...

The MS outlook's file location
HI, I have done this greate job and had my Win XP crashed. Now I do not have access to my e-mails and do not have a back up. Is there anything I could do to restore my e-mails through my new instance of win XP? I am really frustrated. Pls help... rgds, eqbal ...

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

How to read location, content of selected cell in pivot table data area?
Greetings! Am fumbling with the pivot table object, trying to work around some idiosyncrasies. Would appreciate help on two things: 1. How do I read the cell value when a cursor is located in the data area, and associate it with an item value or otherwise locate it in the data area with respect to the framing fields/items so I can flag the row as not ..visible? 2. Is there an on-line description somewhere of how the parts of the pivot table object fit together, and VBA access to them? To give an idea where I'm at - it seems a little wild to need to read the cell.pivotcell.parent val...

Location of "Switch User" graphics?
Where does windows store the graphics used for the "Switch User" graphic (not the user pictures, but the actual button that says "switch user") ? Thanks, "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:g07ar5tvdv8juh3q0gvke5gi6g0u8ja0sk@4ax.com... > Where does windows store the graphics used for the "Switch User" > graphic (not the user pictures, but the actual button that says > "switch user") ? > > Thanks, > I doubt that you'll find what you're looking for. The object (button wi...

Control Open Publication Location
I have a user running Win XP Pro and Publisher 2003 that has a File Open issue. When they click on File | Open and the Open Publication dialog opens, it always opens to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033 folder. They have gone into Tools | Options, the General Tab and set the default file locations to point to the S: drive for both Publications and Pictures. But it still insists on opening to the 1033 folder. Why is it not opening and using their preferences? Other users on the same PC don't have this problem. What gives? Brian Bygland "bxb7668" <bxb76...

Change default file location
WHere and how do you change the default location for the Outlook PST file. I appreciate you help. Johnny Moore Moore-WDS Close Outlook. Move your PST file. Re-open Outlook and tell Outlook where you moved it when it asks. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "moore-wds" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b6301c3b447$80ae9a70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > WHere and how do you change the default location for the > Outlook PST file. I appreciate you help. > > Johnny Moore > Moore-WDS >WHere and how do you change the default location for the &g...

Where do I specify default file locations in Publisher 2007?
New version of Publisher can't find place to specify default flie and auto save locations. The closest solution: Save as, browse to the folder, right-click the "Save in" task pane, add the folder you browsed to. Next time it will be readily available. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joedo98" <joedo98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CF640E-3879-492C-8BF4-20E74E3679FF@microsoft.com... > New version of Publisher can't find place to specify default flie and auto &...

How to use cascading combos to *select* locations
Hi, I'm a bit lost, and finding the Access learning curve *very* steep... Anyway, I have read about using filtered queries to limit available selections in eg. combo box 2 based on the entry selected from combo box 1. However, I think I need something a little different. I am trying to develop a database to catalogue "talks" given at various locations (locations are three lookup tables: Country, Region, and Building). And the main reason I do not wish to use filtered queries is that I wish the locations to be unique (eg. two different regions might have a building with the s...

Cell Location
Does Excel have a way of highlighting whatever cell I am in. Particularly with spreadsheets with lots of data, it would be easier on my eyes if what ever cell I am currently in is somehow highlighted and when I deselect it goes back to normal. It would be even better if the entire row and column would highlight. Please let me know if this is a function that is available on Excel. thanks there are several good sugestions at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell "Richard" wrote: > Does Excel have a way of highlighting whatever cell I am in. Part...

Keep an online copy of you Outlook data that you can synchronize across several locations and access it via web broswers
Hello, If you are an MS Outlook user, then you can try for 30 days completely free! please read the details below! Whether you are looking to backup your Microsoft Outlook data like contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and To-Do List, or you are looking to backup your mobile phone, PDA, or PocketPC address book, InSynch Outlook Synchronization Service, is the service that can help any user who has multiple locations or within a workgroup to enhance the team work, by having a central backup on our server of his Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, XP or Microsoft Outlook 2003, calendar, address book, j...

TEMP/TMP directory locations?
Can anyone tell me where the temp/tmp directories on a heavily loaded Exchange 2003 server should be? Should they share the OS volume? Be on their own RAID1 vol? Share a vol with the paging file? Any supporting documentation out there? Thanks. On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:12:01 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me where the temp/tmp directories on a heavily loaded >Exchange 2003 server should be? Should they share the OS volume? Be on >their own RAID1 vol? Share a vol with the paging file? > >Any supporting documentation...

UCPI 06/21
Unicorp Does it Again! Announces Drilling Operations To Begin On Its 8,000 Acre Catfish Prospect Located In East Texas. More info: http://www.wallstreetenews.com/HotStocks/UCPI062007/default.aspx a5NWog0iBuTzWeKXr41mOuUjgkzS9j9pg ...

Junk Mail target locations
If have installed Windows Live Mail on my Vista system and when installed it moved all messages from Windows Mail (like it should). I now have the default folder called Windows Mail (which is my online email account -- CenturyTel.net pop3 webmail) My question is this . . . sometimes junk mail ends up in the Junk Mail folder under Windows Mail and sometimes it ends up in the Junk Mail folder under the Storage Folders. Any idea why this happens? ...

location from where i am receiving mails
HI ALL, My question is that i want to know the location from where i m receiving mails . varun wrote: > HI ALL, > My question is that i want to know the location from where i m > receiving mails . Do you mean you want to know where the people are who are sending you emails, or where the email SERVER is located, or what? ...

Reestablishing Outlook Files from a Different Location
Just recovering from a crash with a new hard drive. Using XP with Outlook 2003 and need to change from the default path to c:\exchange for the location of all Outlook Files, Mail Boxes, Address Book, Contacts, Folders, etc. Managed to change path for Address Book, but not the rest. Not on network Need to recover old e-mail, folders, etc. Any and all assistance gratefully appreciated. -- Les Les <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just recovering from a crash with a new hard drive. Using XP with > Outlook 2003 and need to change from the default path to c:\excha...

Can someone help me to understand schema locations?
I have this xml: [xml] <Report p1:schemaLocation="Data_Feed http://server/reportserver?param1=foo&param2=bar" Name="Data Feed" xmlns:p1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="Data_Feed"> <Data/> </Report> [/xml] And, I'm trying to read it... without success. I'm using code from this KB318545 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318545), but not having much luck. That its not working is probably because I don't understand how to map the info above to the parameters needed ...

CRM Client for Desktop
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to customise the installation "location" for the "CRM 3.0 Client for Desktops"? I understand that the "Specify installation location" option only appears during installation of the CRM 3.0 Client for Laptops, but not for Desktops. We need to be able to customise the installation location as we will be streaming the CRM Client using Softgrid (which requires installation to the Q: Drive) Thanks, Jim. You can write a XML script to define the installation location. Refer chapter 19-4 of IG. Install Microsoft CRM Client fo...

Inventory by location list question?
I have an excel spreadsheet inventory list. Sheet-1 of the spreadsheet contains everything we would want to know about the inventory (what it is, where the item is located, what it was purchased for, sold for, etc). Example of spreadsheet sheet#1 column (field) name/layout across top. Column A = (Item#), Column B = (Category), Column C = (Description), Column D = (DatePurchased), Column E = (Price Purchased), Column F = (Date Sold), Column G = (Sold For), Column H = (Location of item), Column E = (Price Purchased), and Column F = (Date Sold). Rows-3 thru X following (down and across), c...