Does anyone use "location" field in Outlook?

After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in
Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject"
which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses.  The appointment fields
are:

1. SUBJECT:  (example:  "Conference call with Joe and Mary)

2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
"Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?

I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other
people are using it.

Thanks,

air1 (81)

Standard following use that I have seen.

Subject = Topic of your appointment or the meeting

Location = Where is the appointment or meeting.

Regards,

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group

"George" <air1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in
> Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after
> "subject" which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses.  The
> appointment fields are:
>
> 1. SUBJECT:  (example:  "Conference call with Joe and Mary)
>
> 2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
> "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?
>
> I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how
> other people are using it.
>
> Thanks,

This is used in our org to put what conference room the meeting is in.

"George" wrote:

> After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in
> Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject"
> which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses.  The appointment fields
> are:
>
> 1. SUBJECT:  (example:  "Conference call with Joe and Mary)
>
> 2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
> "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?
>
> I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other
> people are using it.
>
> Thanks,

KePaHa (20)
4/20/2005 11:26:02 PM
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:37:57 -1000, George <air1@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> 2. LOCATION:  (does anyone use this?)  Is the idea to put something like
> "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something?

I use it all the time - put in where the meeting will be.  "My Office" or
"9th Floor Conference room" or "1234 Pleasant Lane, #567" for example.
The location displays on the calendar, conveniently, as well as being easy
to see on my PDA.

Very handy.

--
-Ben-