Does a User's Rules Run if the User is not logged on?

0
anonymous (74722)

They will run only if using an Exchange server and the
rule is not Client only.

0
anonymous (74722)

some Users can not connect to Server to fetch Emails !!! (URGENT)
hi dear friends we have Windows 2000 SP4 + Exchange 2000 SP3 installed and Post SP3 for exchange is installed too.users have Office 2003 SP2 installed ,we have defined S/R restriction for users for upto 5MB .now i have two questions first : users receive emails in their mailboxes that exceed 5MB limit .i want to know that how this occurs ? i think that they must not receive these emails . second : users use POP3 to fetch emails on their own computers ( .pst file )randomly we get these error that some users can not Send/Receive emails from server & Client Computer Hangs (Clients use Wi...

Rule for permanent delete from a @domain.com
Hi. I have outlook 2003 SP1 and I have a rule to make permanent delete for incoming emails from @domain.com (for example). But not works!!!!, it delete all incoming emails and not only @domain.com. Somebody could help me please with the correct rule or other solution for my problem. Thanx in advance.! How does the rule read? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & ...

flushing logs during backup
I have two storage groups and set up full backups on them weekly, plus daily incremental, both of which should be flushing committed logs. On one of the two stores, the logs are not being flushed after the backups, the other store does as expected. Both are in the same backup job using Backup Exec 10.0 with Exchange agent. -Peter and you're backing up the storage group, in both instances? If that's the case, and the backups are completely properly, I would contact the vendor... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Peter Lecki" <plecki2@ralotter.com> wrote in message news:gnsr...

rules #46
I am running Outlook 2003, with Windows XP Pro. There are different user profiles set up under windows. If I set an email rule under one profile, does it apply to all, or must I set it under each profile individually? Thanks. zany_1 <zany1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Outlook 2003, with Windows XP Pro. There are different > user profiles set up under windows. If I set an email rule under one > profile, does it apply to all, or must I set it under each profile > individually? Depends. Since rules are stored in the PST, if you reference the same PST ...

normalization issue & logging in
Our current db does not use any form of user authentication. There are several "activity" tables used that are populated by form entries. Each of the activity tables contains several fields, but there are two fields that are on each of the activity tables - ActivityDate and Staff. I am trying to create a more streamlined db and I've been able to create a user authentication system, realizing that it is not a secure authentication. Once authenticated, the staff logging in has field that is set to 1, where the remainder of the staff are set to 0. There are a co...

Macros not running
Ok, so here is the situation. There is this excell file that has macros in it. So normally when you open the file a message box pops up and asks you if you want to enable or disable the macros. In my case we want to enable them. The problem is that when I open this file that message box does not come up and it seems like it automatically defaults to "disable". This is a big problem as there are check boxes and radio buttons that must be selected....hence the reason this document was created. Does anyone have any ideas? Why is excel doing this...on one PC only. If yo...

Setting up users with outlook
I am a network admin for a small company and I want to know if there is a way to setup email accounts so that when a new user logs in to his/her account is all ready so that I dont have to run over to his/her system and set them up. We have a pop3 server for our inbound mail. See reply to your other post. Set up of Outlook wrote: > I am a network admin for a small company and I want to know if there > is a way to setup email accounts so that when a new user logs in to > his/her account is all ready so that I dont have to run over to > his/her system and set them up. We hav...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

User Lookup to start with business unit
By default if a user has organization level read access on users when you do a lookup to assign an owner of a record for example it will show all users of all business units. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but maybe I missed something. I want to limit the list initially to their own business unit, but if they do a find I want it to look broader based on their access. ...

Rules On Shared Mailbox
I have a situation where we have a shared mailbox that three users all use. I am wanting to setup rules for incoming messages for each user so the messages will be automatically moved to "their" folder in that mailbox. I know how to set up individual rules on each user's PST, but can I add a rule to the shared drive that would be shared between the three users so all they would need to do is to open the mailbox and their folder for all new messages going to them? Is this possible in this type scenario. I have them setup on my own PST, but want to set them up once on...

Run application in 2nd workbook
Is it possible pass control to a macro in a second workbook that requires the value of a variable from the first? The code I have so far is: Sub CallResultsAnalyser() Dim ThisWb As String Dim ResAnalysis As String ThisWb = ActiveWorkbook.Name ResAnalysis = "p:\results analyser.xls" ' Open the results analyser if it isn't already open On Error Resume Next Application.Workbooks.Open (ResAnalysis) On Error GoTo 0 Application.Run ("'Results Analyser.xls'Main!AnalyseResults",ThisWb) End Sub It's the last statement I am having problem...

a user doesn't see new email
a user doesn't see new email in his inbox until he browse to other folder such as sent, deleted, task etc. i try deleting his outlook profile and reinstalling outlook. still no luck. anyone know what is going on and how to resolve this? thx in advance. we are using office xp, with exchange 2k3 sp2. On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:31:02 -0700, vincentnyc <vincentnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >a user doesn't see new email in his inbox until he browse to other folder >such as sent, deleted, task etc. i try deleting his outlook profile and >reinstalling outlook. ...

FRX 6.7 Does not recognize user signon or password.
I am setting up FRX 6.7 on a test pc with Windows XP, and Microsoft Office 2003, I tried to signon to The General Fund as the administrator, but it does not recognize the password. It does not recognize passwords from any users. Therefore no one can sign on I believe this was fixed in a service pack.... If you already have FRx installed elsewhere, you should match the service pack that you have there. If you do not, the latest service pack is SP 9. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "janieb" <janieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Emails sent from users that have been deleted???
I thought we closed the open relay on our exchange server 2000 but we still get system administrator undeliverable messages on a regular basis. They will send us spam using old accounts that have been deleted and sometimes they will actually send them from active users so it looks like an employee is sending us spam. Can someone please help me stop this spoofing before I take a baseball bat to my exchange server? We also get about 100 - 200 spam emails daily on some accounts so how can I stop this do I have to upgrade to exchange 2003? Are you talking about backscatter? You're...

update in the workbook by different users
I have a worksheet shared by 6 people at sharespace. Please let me know how can I control the parallel updates of all in the sheet. e.g Let us say all users open up file at same time t. If user 1 make some change and save it at time t+1. Then if user 2 is saving it at t+2, updates entered by user 1 will be missed out. Please advise how can I manage this using macro or sharing control. regards sanjay Don't use a shared workbook, you will always loose some of the data. Excel isn't design to handle conflicts that occur when multiple peole read and write data. Inst...

run time error '450'
Hi anyone having the same problem ? I received an error message when creates a serial number from the store operations manager "Run Time Error '450' Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment " I am using RMS 2.0 sp1. Thanks ...

'User-defined fields in Inbox' Form Problem
Hello Everyone, I've created a custom form called TESTFORM using Outlook 2000 SR-1 (XP OS) that includes several text boxes. After I assign new fields to these text boxes they appear (via 'Choose Field') in the 'User-defined fields in Inbox >' instead of 'TESTFORM >'. Why is this? Please advise. Many thanks, Nick. Exactly what steps did you use? In the mean time, see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/fields.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www...

how to disable "synchronization log" messages?
I have outlook XP on win2k, and suddenly my deleted items folder is being filled by hundreds (if not thousands) of "synchronization log" messages. How to I disable them from filling up my folder? thank you... ...

Remove Menu Item Perminently for All Users
I have added the registry keys necessary to disable the featur in Tools: Options: Mail Format to disable Signatures. My problem is that even though this is disabled, when you start a new mail message I can still go to Insert: Signature: More and it prompts me that there is no signature and I can choose to create one which is what I am trying to prevent. I can remove the menu item of "Signature" but if the person knows how to reset their menu bar or customize their toolbar, the button will come back. How can I remove that toolbar item perminently and not allow it to be added through t...

Stop outgoing e-mail for a particular user
I have a critical issue that I don't have time to research. Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Is it possible to disable outbound (outside our Exchange system) e-mail for a particular user, but allow internal delivery? Thanks. Bob Setup a SMTP Connector for address space * (if you don't already have one). Implement Delivery Restrictions on the Connector. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Bob Schmidt" <name@domain.com> wrote in message news:eesiaQFVHHA.506...

you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time
Access 2007 front end, SQL 2005 backend, using rdc I'm working away enhancing the layout of a form, subform and the code in one module. I do have some fields where an update will trigger processing and updates of other fields and records in the subform. As long as I make sure I do a accmdsaverecord before the processing and a me.refresh after the processing - I do not see the error above. All will be going along swimmingly until the above message starts appearing after field updates where once there was no problem. If I revert to an earlier copy of my mdb and import t...

desktop shortcuts to another user's task list?
Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003, Windows 2000/XP I would like to be able to put a shortcut on a user's desktop to another person's shared task list. Is this possible? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, Jason Gallas asked: | Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003, Windows 2000/XP | | I would like to be able to put a shortcut on a user's desktop to | another person's share...

Mailbox permissions changing from user to custom
I am currently having a problem with clients not being able to access their mailbox. When they try, they get an error stating that "You do not have permission to open this folder". I look at the permissions on the individual mailbox and notice that in the window titled "Windows NT accounts with permissions", the role has changed from user to custom. I have looked on knowledge base but their cause/solution does not apply. Has anyone else come across this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Make sure that Primary NT account is set to what it should be. J...

Remote Users
Running Exchange 2003, most clients have running Outlook 2000/XP...I have about 10 remote users who have been using OWA to access exchange since before I got here. I want to be able to allow them to use Outlook from on their remote systems without using a VPN if possible...some sort of MAPI connection I guess....not sure how to go about setting this up however....any help would be appreciated...thanks RPC over HTTP(s) may be a viable option. However you will need the following: a.. Microsoft Windows� XP with Service Pack 1 and the Q331320 hotfix (or a later service pack) installed on ...

Entering users names in shared workbook
I would like to have a shared workbook that will show the users 1st nam next to a cell which they have to answer yes or no. This is to allow me to see if an action has been performed, and if s by whom. Any help would be much appreciated. Andy -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andy, You could use the Track Changes function to do this. This adds the username as a comment, with change details. One problem is that Username under Options is just a string which can be changed and cannot be relied upon. Better to rely upon the username that the user logs into the machine with,...