do not want to synch with exchange server sbs2003

Hi!

I have a email box and all my mails are downloaded to my local .pst
file when i click send/receive button.

I have one copy on the server and one on my local drive.

I want to disable the sync/downloading of mails to local
drive/pst-file.
I only want to have the mails on the server?

I use:

Outlook 2003, exchange account type.
Have unmarked, Use cashed mode.
And default dilevery box is my exchange mailbox.

exchange server and SBS2003.

0
soresm (3)

cortez <soresm@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a email box and all my mails are downloaded to my local .pst
> file when i click send/receive button.
>
> I have one copy on the server and one on my local drive.
>
> I want to disable the sync/downloading of mails to local
> drive/pst-file.
> I only want to have the mails on the server?
>
> I use:
>
> Outlook 2003, exchange account type.
> Have unmarked, Use cashed mode.
> And default dilevery box is my exchange mailbox.

These statements seem to be at odds.  There's no way I know for Outlook to
download Exchange messages from the mailbox to a PST when the delivery
location is the mailbox, unless you have some rule doing the copying.  There
must be something you're leaving out.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/21/2006 2:09:34 PM
"cortez" <soresm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a email box and all my mails are downloaded to my local .pst
> file when i click send/receive button.
>
> I have one copy on the server and one on my local drive.
>
> I want to disable the sync/downloading of mails to local
> drive/pst-file.
> I only want to have the mails on the server?
>
> I use:
>
> Outlook 2003, exchange account type.
> Have unmarked, Use cashed mode.
> And default dilevery box is my exchange mailbox.
>
> exchange server and SBS2003.

As Brian said, this makes no sense. You can't have items downloaded to your
PST file *and* have delivery set to your Exchange mailbox. And if you want a
copy of your mail to be in the mailbox *and* available offline on your
workstation, you need to enable cached mode.

I suggest you get rid of the PST file in your profile, and use cached mode
so you have a local replica of your mailbox on this PC.

0
lanwench (7567)

Archiving all messages in Exchange 2003 ? #2
I have enabled archiving of all messages in/out of the store in exchange 2003. However only the outgoing mails seem to appear in the designated public folder. Does anybody know why this is ?? Thanks in advance, Gary ...

Please help me recover this Exchange 5.5 data!
I don't know what or how it happened, but I have a user who has seemingly lost all their private store information. When I open up Exchange 5.5 Admin, it shows that there is 33,000+ items, but only taking up 40k of space. I don't quite see how that is possible....so I am assuming the data is there *somewhere* Before you tell me to restore from backup, this is a client of mine that did not do backups, and they have now started to (imagine that). Is this data lost forever? Or is it in a non-committed log or something like that? Where could Exchange possibly keep this data? Is...

Outlook 2003: How Can I Leave Messages on the Server
I am using Outlook from MS Office 2003 Professional under Windows XP Home Edition. I need to download email messages from an MS Exchange Server, but leave the original message on the server for later access from a different computer. I've spent some hours on this, some calls to help desks, and tried some things, but nothing has worked. Thanks for your help, Paul tools, options, change email options... lower left if the dialog - do you have delivery set to the mailbox or to a personal folder? Change it to the mailbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself O...

File Repository Server Input is down 04-19-05
I found a few posts regarding this error but no responses so I decided to repost this since I'm am experiencing the exact same error. This started yesterday. We applied some security patches on Saturday...just the latest security patches released by Microsoft and rebooted. I don't think it's related but thought I shuold mention it anyway. When trying to run any report the following error is generated: Crystal Report Viewer File Repository Server Input is down restart of the Crystal Input File Repository Server and the Crystal Page Server lets us run a report once before t...

Account in Exchange is stuck
I have migrated my mail accounts from a 5.5 server to server2003. I have one account that shows up as having a problem. When I right click on the mailbox I get the option to reconnect or purge. When I select reconnect, it will not recognize any name I enter in the box. This recipient's email is essentially frozen and I am concerned I cannot get it back. I have since used a backup to make her email function but the backup is missing recent data. I was wondering if their is a way to free this or if I am just going to have to purge the account. I am looking for any suggestions! So...

I'm a SQL Server newbie...need help with dates
I'm using SQL 2005 Dates in Access stored as date. Imported in SQL Server using import wizard. Goes into table as 8/6/2009 12:00:00 AM my query: sum(case when transaction_date between '08/01/09' and '08/31/09' then hours else 0 end) ap2, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '09/30/09' then hours else 0 end) apQ1, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '07/30/10' then hours else 0 end) total --I get 0 why am i getting 0? thank...

I want a round invitation for a wedding shower with circle text
The invitation I found is a circle, with the invite going around the outside edge of the circle and more information inside that circle and it is also circular. It has a flower and brad in the middle. The instructions for it simply say, type text on computer, make circular by using WordArt feature. My computer is running on Vista operating system. I have a sample WordArt circle here http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm Scroll way down. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kay-Kay" <Kay-Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How to re-download emails from server to outlook 2007
I need to re-download emails that are in the server but got deleted from my inbox some time ago. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227054 but I cant find those *.rhc files. BTW: I am paying the price of upgrading to Windows 7 and using Outklook 2007. I have ISP and the emails are available using web-email Thanks -- JuanK That kb applies to Outlook2k, not 2007 Configure Outlook with the ISP Mail account. Mail doesnt get deleted unless you delete it, excepting if its an imap account "JuanK" <JuanK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7E...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

SFO Client to point to another server
Hello, I am running a pilot project with core users using SFO client in their laptops. However, when we eventually go live on the production server, how do i get these SFO clients to read from the new server? What happens to the data that is already present in the SFO Client? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the SFO clients, if so, any specific procedure to do this? Kindly advise. Hi M.Babu, there will be a way. Uninstall and reinstall SFO - be sure, that the Client, where you uninstall SFO is online and the old SRM server exists. - install, Update or change to your production...

Installing Exchange
Test envoirenment. One forest 2 domains. Local.com and Comp.com local.com -> All five roles holder. (Win2000 DC) comp.com->holds 2 roles. (Win2003 DC) Admin can create/manage users on either domains from both sides. Ran ADPREP and Forestprep etc Trying to install Ex2003Enterprise Version on a member server in comp.com domain. And end up with this error message ..... COMPONENT"MICROSOFT EXCHANGE MESSAGING AND COLLABORATION SERVICES"CANNOT NE ASSIGNED THE ACTION ISNTALL .....You either do not have permissions t complete the operation or AD has not replicated all the nec...

First Exchange2000 Server in Site #2
Hi! I'm migrating from MXS2000 to MXS2003 and can't find any articles about this topic. I only found some stuff for Exchange5.5. Please help! Thanxs, Peter ...

connect .OST file to user profile with new Exchange server
Hi, We're migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and the mail is NOT migrating on the server side; we have been told we must use .OST files to merge the mail (don't ask!). I have zero control over this migration, except for on the workstation side. We're trying to preserve existing user profiles, convert them to the new Exchange servers (with new servernames). We have to use Cached Exchange Mode prior to and immediately after the migration to "migrate" user mail. I know this is a horrible way to migrate mail, please don't get me started on that. When I use the CMW to upd...

What if I want to re-download the mails I have deleted on user end
maybe it is a question about sync. how to sync with the server as if it was the first time I open WLM? Hi, Hollan. Are you using Hotmail? Or is this a POP3 email account? Or Yahoo or Gmail or ... ? POP3 is the only one that I'm familiar with. WLMail is set, by default, to "Leave a copy of messages on server". You can change this setting at Tools | Accounts | <your account> | Properties | Advanced. But, if you are using POP3 and if you have left the messages on the server, you can re-download them from there into WLMail. If that is not what you are...

Moving CRM 4 database to new SQL server?
Hi! I'm trying to move the "OrgName_MSCRM" and the MSCRM_CONFIG to a new SQL server. This is how I go: - Disable Organization in Deployment Manager. - Copy Databases to the new server. - Attach databases at new server. - Edit Organization in Deploment Manager. - Wizard completes successfully. Then I want to remove the databases from the old SQL server to free up the diskspace. But when I detach the databases my CRM goes down. It says that the computer account "DOMAIN\COMPUTER$" does not have rights to the database. I have added the accounts that I found on the o...

I want to make the line twinkling, but why the line can not redraw?
void CMyView::OnButtonL() { CClientDC* pDC = NULL;; pDC = new CClientDC(this); ASSERT(pDC != NULL); CPen Pen1(PS_SOLID, 10, RGB(192, 192, 192)/*GetSysColor(COLOR_BTNTEXT)*/); CPen* pPenOld = pDC->SelectObject(&Pen1); pDC->MoveTo(100, 50); pDC->LineTo(200, 50); pDC->SelectObject(pPenOld); delete pDC; if(m_bTimerOkey == false) { SetTimer(IDT_TIMER_LINE, 5000, NULL); m_bTimerOkey = true; } } void CMyView::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { if(nIDEvent == IDT_TIMER_LINE) { RECT LineRect = {100-5, 50-5, 200+5, 50+5}; //InvalidateRect(&LineRect); OnButtonL(); }...

What happens to incoming messages when exchange is down?
Our Exchange server recently went down. We have an individual who was expecting a critical email when this happened. What happens to all incoming messages that cannot be received during this time? Are the queued to retry delivery by their originating mail servers based on the individual server settings? Depends :-) If there are no other MX records, then yes, the sending server queues them and will then retry delivery until they are either delivered, or time out (typically 2 days). If you have additional MX records in place that are lower priority, those MX records will be tried...

Query Based DL
I need help please ... I need to setup a Query based DL which fills the list with users based on their CITY field defined in the AD User properties field. I want the QBDList to populate it using 4 different cities. So any user who beflongs to those 4 cities should show up in this QBDL. Any help is appreciated ...Thank you Found my answer here btu partial but still helpful ... http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/08/how-to-create-dynamic-distribution.html ... I ran this command on my Exchange 2007 New-DynamicDistributionGroup -Name "TEST DL " -OrganizationalUnit &q...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and OWA changes
I am yet to confirm the following in the lab but it appears to be correct. I have been using a single exchange 2003 server without sp1 in a mixed mode with exchange 5.5 in the lab and found that for users to access OWA one of the following conditions must be met along with the users mailbox residing on the 2003 server 1. One of their email domains must be present in the default recipient policy. 2. If none of their email address domains are present in the default policy then a new virtual directory for mailboxes must be present and assocciated with the smtp domain from a recipient po...

RE: NDR's from smtp server
I am receiving a large amount of NDR's from my smtp server. It is refusing both good and bad addresses, internal users, and users that do not exists. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

offline storage of email msg with exchange server
what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? thanks Not sure what offline means to you. If you move the outlook.pst file to another computer other than yours, outlook will ask where you moved it to when you first start outlook. You would then have to reconnect to the location that you moved the file to. Automatically sync it? With the file moved and the address of where you moved it to, outlook will always open it at the new address. Thom >what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? Assuming you're using a lap...

Wide Area connection to SQL server 2008 Express via broadband
I have a Vb6 application that connects to SQL server 2008 Express (installed on a Windows XP box connected to a router); currently the application connects to the server and remains connected until the user closes the application (the application disconnects from the server on close). This has been working great for a long time within the local area network. Now, the user of the application opened another office in another state and would like to install the application on local machines but have the machines in the new office connect to the database in the (head) office where...

Exchange 2003 smtp connector
I have a customer that has been running SBS 2003. To send email, I had to set up an SMTP connector since their ISP would not let them send email unless it went through their servers. This worked great until this morning when the server died. As a temporary solution, I took an old server from one of their other offices that was running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and set it up in the office. I reset the connector but it will not work. I just need to get this temporary solution up until new hard drives come in. I added security but that did not help. I tried a smart host in the SMTP c...

exchange 2003 stuff left from 2000/5.5
I have just about finished the following migration. Installed ex2003 on a new server moved all mailboxes, public/system folders, etc. from an exchange cluster server - there were 2 in the cluster but one had been offline for several months. I then uninstalled exchange 2000 from the cluster servers and things seem fine. I still had the exchange 2000 virtual server left in the ESM. I then went to remove it and had found that there were a couple mailboxes left, and I am not sure how that could be since they never showed up in the storage groups on the old server. I deleted the mailboxes...