distribution lists sending out multiple mails

Hi,
This a rather odd problem.  My client has a distribution
list setup with about 50 members.  Sometimes when he
sends an e-mail through the list some of the members
receive 5 of the same e-mail. This does not happen to all
of the members, only some of them.  And the results are
not consistent with everytime he sends an e-mail through
the list.  Just wondering if anyone has seen this.
Possibly it's a problem on the recipients end.  Any ideas?
0
jfecteau (1)

I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sen
from a bcc list.  Did you receive any answers that might be helpful t
me?  Thanks for any insights that you can provide

--
dekalbdaPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

0
dekalbda
7/18/2005 7:41:53 PM
dekalbda <dekalbda.1sdrry@> wrote:

> I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sent
> from a bcc list.

Since you didn't include any of the message that engendered your post, no
one here knows what "the same problem" is.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...

Exporting a List Of Addresses
I have been asked to export a list of all addresses within our network. While I am pretty sure there was a button on Exchange 5.5 to do this, I cannot seen to find a tool to enable this task in 2003. Any ideas??? Hi maybe there is an easiest way but I use dsquery or csvde to do such a things dsquery * dc=exchange,dc=edu -filter "(&(objectclass=user)(objectcategory=person))" -attr displayname proxyAddresses for domain exchange.edu and for users only Nebojsa Seslija "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C86675-2A31-44BD-8AF...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

Macro for summarizing multiple sheets
Hello all I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheet is identically laid out (the only difference is the sheet name - cart1, cart2, etc). Each sheet represent the contents of a cart and the expiration date of applicable items. I would like to create a macro or function that will search each sheet in sequence and return on a summary sheet the following information: the name of the sheet and any of the items with expiration dates that are within 45 day of the current date. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated - see below for an example of the workbook ...

Mail Merge and Stamps.com
Has anyone been able to do a mail merge from SFO client and add postage to their mailing? I am receiving an error saying that either one of the required fields is missing (checked, all there) or the data source is not compatible with Stamps.com. ...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Moving and Selecting Multiple Objects in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am new to Word 2008 and can't seem to be able to nudge objects or select multiple objects in a document. I am trying to make small movements to a selected object by holding the option key and then using the directional arrows----doesn't work. Also cannot select multiple objects by holding shift key. Do these functions need to be &quot;turned on&quot; somewhere? Maybe my old PC mind is giving me the wrong commands. Can anyone help? In article <59bb6613.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, ...

Ports 465 995 Error 0x800CCC0F Windows Mail
AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how to fix? -- sumac Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "sumac" <sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do > not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old > ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how t...

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

external mail send after reboot
I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There are no error no messages in the queues and and message tracking wil report local delivery at once and then a gap (maybe 9 days) and then delivered to external mail servers???? Thanks Peter In news:1158759649.788935.56800@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Zpeedyexchange <peter.hoest@gmail.com> typed: > I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server > e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There &...

Outlook sending mail... odd issue
Win XP Pro Outlook 2002 Outlook - User is able to create a new message, add any attachment they wish and send the email without any problems. However When the user Right Clicks on an Icon and selects Send To Mail Recipient the new message appears with the attachment, they fill in the TO field and click send. The window goes away as it should and then within 5 seconds the desktop is forzen.. just the desktop. You can Alt Tab to open apps, including Outlook. The Explorer.exe process is getting Hammered. 80+ CPU in Taskmanager. I endtask exporer.exe then launch a new task of it and the issue...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

[EX55] mail forwarding...
Greetings! Have an exchange network, and one of our servers is going to be down for an awhile and I want to forward emails to mailboxes on that server to mailboxes on another server. I've been told that i can use the Delivery Option tab to set up forwarding, and when the server in question goes down, mail will still be redirected because the address set up on the Delivery Option tab will will be replicated to other servers. I've tried this in my test lab with little luck and wondered if there was another way or if its a waste of time. Thanks, K The forwarding won't work if you...

Movement of cursor within a drop down list
When we type a letter in the cell, the cursor should move to the word starting with that letter in the drop down list. How this can be done? If you are using a Data Valadation drop down try this. Sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. Should take...

Contact additions from e-mail addresses
Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts? That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list. Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create co...

read receipt on crm e-mail
Hi, How can we make read receipt enbaled in crm e- mail , so that we know that if the customer has read the e.mail or not? Sometimes we have to send important contract and we want to make it sure that customers have read the e-mails. any help or suggestion? Aami ...

Mail directed to subdomain
Hi, So yesterday I asked the question as to whether or not Exchange could send mail to hosts based on the subdomain the mail was addressed to. For example, if mail came to blah@a.company.com then the mail would get routed by Exchange to a host named "A" that would then process the mail and if mail came to blah@b.company.com then the mail would go to a host named "B". Unfortunately, that does not appear to be possible without creating all of the individual connectors. So, in reading more I came accross something that intimated that any mail sent to subdomains suc...

lost mails from entourage 2004
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a question. My Apple recently stopped and I had to reinstall the complete operating system. Before that, I was able to made a copy of my hard disk at another external drive. The most important part was all my old mails which I stored in several maps at the location &quot;at this computer&quot;. Unfortunately I did not make an archive. <br><br>After reinstallisation of the new operating system I also installed the newest version of office (2008). I wanted to co...

Best way to delete e-mails
Imagine user has mailbox at 230MB. User wants to delete all e-mails. She uses webmail only (she works remotely, no Outlook applications installed). What is the best way to delete her e-mails? As far as I can tell Outlook webmail makes people highlight maximum of 14 items and hit the delete button. Should I just delete her mailbox in Exchange and recreate it ? you could use exmerge in "archive" mode to empty it out... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eD5cwjXSHHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Multiple Cell Formats
Is it possible for a column to have more than one format, but for those formats to be similar. Eg. I would like to have a multi-format date column. The format can either be Month-Year (Jan-99) or Year only (1999). (I would even like to have something like Jan/Feb-99, but I can live without that.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hi With true Excel dates in column A e.g. 01 Feb 07, in column B =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> mmm-yy will give Feb-07 or =TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy") =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> yyyy will give 2007 or =TEXT(A1,"yy...

Use the same name on multiple sheets in same workbook
I am new to Excel 2002. In prior versions I could create sheet specific names easily. With Excel 2002 every time I try to re use a name on another sheet (same workbook) the name gets moved to the new sheet. I use several workbooks (one book for sales, one for cost of goods, etc), with 12 sheets named for each month of the year. Each sheet is a duplicate of the first. As the year progresses I fill in the data at the end of each month. In the past I used the same names(Gross.Sales for example) on each sheet in the workbook. I then can build monthly summary reports using these names...

Send messages in another "Send Items"
I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is placed in my personal "Sent Items". But what I want is the message to be placed in the groupmailbox "Sent Items'. Anyone some ideas? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Thankz Peter Peter <jpmoons@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). > If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is > placed in my personal "Sent Items". > But what I want is the message to be placed in the g...

Archiving e-mails
Hi! A customer of mine wants to archive e-mails. Specifically they want to set a time-period, like 3 months, all mail older than this is moved out from the Exchange and into the archive. Possible ? Help! regards, Richard In news:Odop7Lv6FHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Richard <richardh2o@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi! > > A customer of mine wants to archive e-mails. Specifically they want > to set a time-period, like 3 months, all mail older than this is > moved out from the Exchange and into the archive. Possible ? > > Help! > > regards, > > Ric...