distribution lists #4

Does anyone know if anything can be done to fix my
outlook problem?

If I send an email to a distribution list and one of the
addresses bounces ( invlaid, box fill, vacation setting,
etc; ), everyone on my distribution list get the message
reply not just me.

How can I change the settings/preferences so everyone on
my distribution list does not see the bounces or returns.

Thanks!!

Jenny
0
jenny5502 (1)

Dynamic Dist List question...
I'm trying to create a dynamic distribution group that will capture all users from a set of mailbox stores except one user and I've got it pretty close. However, at the end of my shell script it prompts me for an OU. If I put in an OU it defaults to only the users in that OU that meet the criteria. Is there any harm with putting my domain name in the OU field so it will look at all of the users in the entire domain? Here's the powershell: new-dynamicdistributiongroup DynamicTest2 -RecipientFilter {(RecipientType -eq 'usermailbox' -and -not name -eq "Excluded ...

Open hidden sheets from a drop down list selection
I have a file with many hidden sheets eg Sheet1, Sheet2...Sheet50. What I want is some code which looks at the selection from a drop down list (on a visible sheet) and the open that sheet. ie if I select Sheet5 from the drop down list, Sheet5 becomes visible. I then want to hide it again once I have finished with it (I can do that bit!). The reason I am doing this is because otherwise I will have too many sheets to tab through. Any thoughts? Ant Manually you can leave the sheets unhidden but right-click on the sheet navigation buttons at bottom left to get a 15 name list of sheets with...

Cannot find Distribution Lists on OWA
Dear Techs I have been beating my brain trying to figure out how to fix this issue. When in OWA I'm not able to search for a DL in my contacts when i do a find;however, if i do the search using the client then it finds it, please help... In news:ewOPJssyGHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Techie In Need <moni6422@yahoo.com> typed: > Dear Techs > I have been beating my brain trying to figure out how to fix this > issue. When in OWA I'm not able to search for a DL in my contacts > when i do a find;however, if i do the search using the client then it > finds it, please...

How do I zip sort mailing list when I have 5 digit AND 9 digit zip
I have a mailing list with zips in XXXXX and XXXXX-XXXX all mixed in. When I sort them, it seems to put all the 5 digits on the top half and 9 digits on the bottom half. I have made sure the column settings are set to special/zipcode. I have also tried setting them as Zip Code + 4 but it converts all the XXXXX versions to 0000X-XXXX. What am I doing wrong? Convert to TEXT -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97AB96D9-EAE6-4E6F-8AA1-1DE4137EDA06@microsoft.c...

in list display only yes
I have a report that is a list of all employees. I have a field for "medicalNeeds". It is a yes or no entry in the table. I'm listing all employees in the report but only want the yes to display for employees that have medical needs..if the entry is now, I don't want it to display. How to I set the properties to only show yes but still show all the records for all the employees. Thank you for your help. On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:10:01 -0800, PowellGirlTN wrote: > I have a report that is a list of all employees. I have a field for > "medicalNeeds". ...

what are the steps to export dl list
what are the steps to export a distribution list in exchange 5.5. I have tried to use the export tool in excg. adm to no avail. I know i posted earlier, but i have noticed when i reply to what someone has posted in a post of mine i get no response. Thanks for the help. Isnt there a check box in the Export dialog box in the Exch admin for "Distribution Lists"? On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:01:03 -0700, "mikee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what are the steps to export a distribution list in exchange 5.5. I have tried to use the export tool in excg. adm ...

Listing contacts by category
Is there a quick and easy way to filter the contact list by just one category? I know about Current View | By Category. That gives me expandable/collapsible list for all categories. I just want one category and I would prefer the list not be cluttered by all of those other lists. I tried Advanced Search (Ctrl-Shift-F) | More Choices | Categories | Check one or more categories | OK | Find Now. In the status bart at the bottom, it says "75 items", but in the list pane that opens up below, it says "There are no items to show in this view". Apparently the search is working. ...

Conversion from Quicken 4.0
I am having difficulty in converting my old Quicken 4.0 data into Money. The Money version I'm using is 14.0.100.1105. According to the help file, Money should convert from Quicken 3.0 and up. When I use the 'Convert Quicken File' option from the File menu, it just says the file could not be converted. I would NOT like to do the conversion account-by-account through QIF files, more so because all the income/expense categories I've set up would be lost. Any help would be most appreciated. Regards, Shubho Which version is Quicken 4? If it's Quicken 98, then see http:...

draw random from normal distribution
for a little simulation i need to draw random numbers from a normal distribution with a given mean (0.025) and std dev (0.3373). Having read some earlier posts i tried =norminv(rand(), mean, std dev). Apparently, this is not the right formula: it returns regularly values in the 50%s which should not happen from my 2.5% mean. I also found the box-muller method. How could i transform the random draws from the standard normal distribution into the ones i need? Is there another formula i could use? Thanks a lot in advance Gerald. Can you post your formula? I used this one in A1:A25 =NO...

MS Outlook and YahooGroups mailing lists
Yesterday I got a message in a YahooGroups mailing list from a friend -- let's call him Pete. Pete's message began ON BEHALF OF DAVE I immediately wondered why Pete was writing on behalf of Dave. Had Dave's computer crashed? Or, worse, had he been taken ill, had an accident, been kidnapped or arrested? So I asked Pete why he was writing on Dave's behalf, and was Dave OK, and he said he wasn't writing on Dave's behalf at all -- the computer had put that phrase in automatically. He assumed that it was something done by YahooGroups. I'm a member of several Yah...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #4
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

SMTP communication problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47696.5E4AAA20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have got this error below after I tried to send to one particular = domain. Why is that? Any wits to get this resolved? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.=20 Subject: RE: Test message. Please ignore=20 Sent: 7/28/2004 2:09 PM=20 The following recipient(s) could not be reached:=20 on 7/28/2004 2:09 PM=20 There was a SMTP communication...

How to create a dropdown list that populates with another list
Hello, let's say in a column, I have the following colors: red yellow blue green orange Then, for every cell in another column, I'd like a dropdown list to be available with those 5 colors available to be selected, and you can select only one. You select the color, and then the cell gets populated. I've seen this done, but I just can't figure out how to do it myself despite numerous searches. Any assistance would be appreciated. On Nov 15, 1:49=A0pm, eggman2001 <sod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, let's say in a column, I have the following colors: > red > ...

Outlook 2007 Vista (whatever version) I have created a distribution list in Outlook 2007 and I would like to load it with contacts that have an address in a certain town. I have opened my distribution list and my address book and now I am dragging contacts from my address book into my distribution list. Oops! Except that I cannot because Microsoft dropped the ball and failed to implement that basic and expected functionality. So I opened my contacts in the main email window by going to this option in the main menu: "Go--> Contacts". I am now able to view my contacts as bu...

Newbie question #4
I try to maximize the MDI child window when the app starts. I added the following code in the PreCreateWindow procedure for the MDI child frame class: cs.style|=WS_MAXIMIZE; It doesn't work. However, if I change it to cs.style|=WS_MINIMIZE; then it works (only minimizes). Can anyone tell me why? Thanks. xg >I try to maximize the MDI child window when the app starts. Have a look at the MSDN topic titled "Changing the Styles of a Window Created by MFC". Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

outlook and aol #4
I have AOL as aan isp is there any way to get out look to work with aol running in the background? Any help would be greately appreciated Do you mean, can you check your AOL mail via Outlook? If so, see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/online.htm#aol Annette wrote: > I have AOL as aan isp is there any way to get out look to > work with aol running in the background? Any help would > be greately appreciated ...

OMA Error #4
When I try to connect to Outlook mobile access i get the following error: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Also application log shows error 1503 An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider Stack trace: at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.OmaWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices.GetSpe...

cant change role
After several weeks on and off of trying to get CRM up and running, I've finally succeeded, only to find that any user I create is assigned an administrative role, and I cannot change it to full or read only. I'm greeted with the error: The logged-on user does not have the appropriate permissions to view these records or perform the specific action. I thought it might be a CAL issue, I had read the technet version is supposed to have 5 CALs. I only have 2 users created now and they are both administrative. On Jan 13, 3:35=A0pm, robro <rrothb...@gmail.com> wrote: > After s...

Date Validation List not working
I have a spread sheet with Date Validation List in it and it works fine but when I send the file by email to someone else the DVL doesn't work. The little thingy to the right of the cell doesn't appear. What's wrong? I have Excel 97 and so does the other dude. Look if the other dude is using freeze panes, that is a known bug (try to unfreeze the panes) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <burp@easy.com> wrote in message news:q3l7e01mr1rmessvn84r1lnrlc33cmlnka@4ax.com... > I have...

How do I stop the bolding of a Table caption in the List of Tables
I have a large table, and I have put the Table caption in the first row of the table so that the caption will show on every page along with the column headings. When the caption was put in the first row of the table, it did not maintain the Caption style settings, so I modified the text to have the Caption style headings - namely Arial 10 and Bold. Now when I create a List of Tables, that table caption shows up Bold in the list of tables unlike the other references. I don't want to have to unbold it every time I update the List of Tables, but I also want the caption in the ...

Outlook 2003 + SBS 2000 : Global Adres List problem
Configuration: SBS 2000 with Exchange installed on it. (French version.....) About 50 users Problem: 2 people received a brand new pc with XP Pro and Office 2003 Basic. When they try to send a mail to another person internally, they receive an undeliverable message, stating that the Exchange server could not find the recipient. The weird thing is that something goes fishy in the X.500 reference of the recipient. After some looking up, I noticed that when I select the global address list and select a recepient, for most of the recipients the first character of the X.500 reference is ommitted.....

print 4 alternate columns
hello community yesterday, 29th, a helpful person assisted me in solving - printing a column and a selected area - that was fine and successful. now, what happen when I wanted to print alternate columns only - i tried ctrl+selection on alternate columns & use the Print Option - Print Selection - but I not able to view it in 1 page & I also used the Print Option (At the Sheet Tab area) - selected the "Repeated Columns on Left" - and use the Print Area command - yet not able to get the alternate columns to view as 1 page to print out. can any body assist me on this ? ...

Excel program #4
I have windows 98 with microsoft works. I want to use an excel program that is compatible. Where can I get it? I tried installing office with excel 2000 but it did not work. Is there somewhere to purchase excel 98? Any suggestions would be helpful since I need to use excel for work. Hi Sue Office 2000 on Win98 is no problem Do you see errors -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC6DB923-A9A2-4F17-9DF3-5A1A7F0F3018@microsoft.com... >I have windows 98 with microsoft works. I want to use an excel...

Error Upgrade Microsoft 3.0 to 4.0
Hi everybody, I wont upgrade full function instalation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 professional to Microsoft CRM 4.0 professional. In step of upgrade Verification System Requirements failed with error Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server User Input - The "<GUID=8b05e202-0eb0-426b-bf99-4963b93e2351>" group does not exist. I tried see to log of installer, I find "Error| Check SqlAccessGroupValidator". Therefore I watch groups in AD and find group SQLAccessGroup {9cc7cd9b-bb74-4a8f-a642-a4288d2d8df9}, which is from Microsoft CRM 3.0 installation. Can you anybody help me ? T...

CRM 4.0, meetings and Outlook Resource Calendars
Hi, I have 4 Outlook Resource Calendars set up, which seem to work fine when booking meetings against them in Outlook. However, Dynamics CRM 4.0 seems to work ... differently. When you book a meeting within CRM (as opposed to within Outlook), it seems to update calendars directly (whenever the CRM sync happens on the users machine) rather than sending invites. This seems to result in no resource calendars actually getting populated, as of course these calendars are not actually real Outlook instances (and as such have no CRM sync process happening). Am I missing something? Is there a bet...