Distribution Lists #30

Hi All,

Wasn't sure which would be the best group to post this in.........

We seem to be having some issues with people viewing distribution list
members. The members are not hidden and if I remove the persons permissions
and reapply them it seems to rectify the problem for a little while. I don't
know if it is coincidence or not but most of the people having a problem
seem to be listed as the manager of the DL. I have looked and followed the
article about setting the permissions in security rather than on the managed
by option but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

This is all running on Exchange 2003 in a cluster with outlook 2003 clients

Any ideas?

TIA

Andy

0
whitean (7)

What sort of problems? Can see the member when they should not be able to or not
see them when they should or something else.

--
Dave Mills
There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

When the owner looks at the DL is blank but when I look at it all is fine.
None of the members are "hidden" all should be visible. No permissions have
change and I have even made sure they have full permissions to the DL. If I
remove the owner from the permissions, apply it and then re add them it
resolves the issue for a couple of days but then comes back again.

Cheers

Andy

"DaveMills" <DaveMills@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> What sort of problems? Can see the member when they should not be able to
> or not
> see them when they should or something else.
>
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:23:01 +0100, "Andy White" <whitean@bupa.com.nospam>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Wasn't sure which would be the best group to post this in.........
>>
>>We seem to be having some issues with people viewing distribution list
>>members. The members are not hidden and if I remove the persons
>>permissions
>>and reapply them it seems to rectify the problem for a little while. I
>>don't
>>know if it is coincidence or not but most of the people having a problem
>>seem to be listed as the manager of the DL. I have looked and followed the
>>article about setting the permissions in security rather than on the
>>managed
>>by option but this doesn't seem to make a difference.
>>
>>This is all running on Exchange 2003 in a cluster with outlook 2003
>>clients
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Andy
>>
> --
> Dave Mills
> There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that
> don't.

0
whitean (7)
7/9/2008 8:14:37 AM
Are they using cached mode, and, if so, is their offline address book
configured for full synchronization of all details?  Is the synchronization
up to date?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Andy White" <whitean@bupa.com.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi Dave,
>
> When the owner looks at the DL is blank but when I look at it all is fine.
> None of the members are "hidden" all should be visible. No permissions
> have change and I have even made sure they have full permissions to the
> DL. If I remove the owner from the permissions, apply it and then re add
> them it resolves the issue for a couple of days but then comes back again.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>
> "DaveMills" <DaveMills@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> What sort of problems? Can see the member when they should not be able to
>> or not
>> see them when they should or something else.
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:23:01 +0100, "Andy White" <whitean@bupa.com.nospam>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>Wasn't sure which would be the best group to post this in.........
>>>
>>>We seem to be having some issues with people viewing distribution list
>>>members. The members are not hidden and if I remove the persons
>>>permissions
>>>and reapply them it seems to rectify the problem for a little while. I
>>>don't
>>>know if it is coincidence or not but most of the people having a problem
>>>seem to be listed as the manager of the DL. I have looked and followed
>>>the
>>>article about setting the permissions in security rather than on the
>>>managed
>>>by option but this doesn't seem to make a difference.
>>>
>>>This is all running on Exchange 2003 in a cluster with outlook 2003
>>>clients
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>>Andy
>>>
>> --
>> Dave Mills
>> There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that
>> don't.

View List of Connected Users in Business Portal
Prior to rebooting or applying patches to Business Portal server, we need to view and see list of connected users in Business Portal so we can ensure we do not accidentally disconnect them while they are working. I understand we can view who has what databases open in SQL server hosting the Great Plains database where we can view activities. However, it would be nice to view within Business Portal server who is connected and have ability to notify those users to disconnect or that server is going offline. Thanks, Shelley ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mi...

FE-BE Server Distribution Lists
Hello, I have a front end 2003 exchange server and a back end 2003 exchange server. I have an SMTP virtual server accepting in mail, and the SMTP connector configured with the FE VS as the bridgehead. My problem is when people send to global distribution lists from outside of the organisation they sit in the FE SMTP Mailbox and cause a x.400 message loop.. I have managed to research this problem to discover if I go in and manually set the distribution group expansion server to the BE, then people sending to the distribution group works fine, otherwise doesnt work. As mentioned this is a p...

Distribution List!
All, I'm running a Win2003 server (small business edition) and exchange is loaded on there. I need to know how to create a distribution list, head's up - i havent done this before so please include the steps please; need your assistance. Thanks A You create Distribution Groups (that's what they are called now) within Active Directory Users and Computers. Point at the OU where you want the group to reside, right-click, choose New, Group. You can create either a simple Distribution Group (mail-enabled by default), or you can create a Security group and mail-enable it. If ...

Distribution group
I am having a problem with a distribution group. There are 2 members, one receives mail and the other doesn't for some reason. If I send a message internally they both receive it however any mail coming into this address externally is only received by the one user. I just added myself to the distribution list and have the same problem - I can receive internal email to this address but not external. One user gets it all fine. Any ideas? Thanks Dave How have you configured the distribution group? Also, I assume that you have no problem which is sent directly to you from and external ...

Text Lists
Let's say I have several rental houses. Column "A" lists house names from a guest survey. Column C lists Comments on the house from a guest survey. On a seperate worksheet, I want to type in the name of a house, and have excel list all the comments that pertain to that house. Take a look at using Advanced Filter. Plenty of good guidance at http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html -- Regards Roger Govier "Jaytee" <Jaytee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:421ED165-8FD1-4ED5-A01E-54BA10A5BEB3@microsoft.com... > Let's say I have sever...

Global Address List #22
I have created a second GAL and have the filter set to find users in group membership A. I would also like to have a Distribution group in the same GAL. I can't seem to add this group to the GAL. Is this possible? -- Cheers! ...

Username not in Global Address List
Hi all, I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003 server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to called it UserX. This last user account would show up in all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY. What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL on StationY? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks, ...

template organizational telephone list
made list using template now need to set up to make mailing labels from this list can it be done? What template? Have you tried mail merge? http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2217C91-CF28-4766-BEFD-061813C41BCB@microsoft.com... > made list using template now need to set up to make mailing labels from this > list can it be done? ...

XML Desialization of array list
Here's a simple example (VB.NET): Option Strict What would the code look like to deserialize this example? Imports System Imports System.Collections Imports System.IO Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class App1 Shared Sub Main() Dim list As ArrayList = New ArrayList() Dim out As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("array.xml") Dim ser As XmlSerializer = New XMLSerializer(list.GetType()) list.Add("a") list.Add("2") list.Add("three") ser.Serialize(out, list) End Sub End Class Peter,...

Modify list of blocked extensions in Exchange 2003?
Hello! How can I modify the list of extensions that are blocked by Exchange 2003 (not Outlook 2003, but the server itself)? On my SBS 2003 server, I can run the Internet Connection Wizard to configure the list Exchange will block, but how would I do it on a non-SBS Exchange server? Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill Non SBS versions of Exchange do not have the ability to block extensions, this would be taken care of via your Anti-Virus and/or Anti-Spam software. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowher...

Help with Dependant list boxes
Hi Im trying to find a way of doing listboxs that are data dependant I have a table with 3 rows of data A , B, C, Course, mode, Start date, Computing, FT, 5-sept-2005, Computing, FT, 30-sept-2005, Computing, PT, 12-sept-2005, Computing, PT, 8-feb-2006,...

Unread messages in inbox list no longer bold
We use Exchange Server with Outlook clients. Usually, any unread messages in the inbox appear in the message list in bold. One person's inbox has stopped doing this. The only change is this person's new Blackberry which is set up to check Exchange Server via POP3 for messages, leaving them on the server. Does a message retrieval from Exchange via POP3 remove some attribute inside Exchange so that it will no longer appear in bold within Outlook? Thanks. ...

Blocked Sender List Disappears
As I try to add names to my Blocked Sender List, they disappear at the end of each session and are not saved from one day to the next. I remember having to do something in the registry to correct this condition in the past but cannot recall what I had to do. Thanks for the help, Fred Fred <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As I try to add names to my Blocked Sender List, they > disappear at the end of each session and are not saved > from one day to the next. If I were in your shoes, I'd try a new mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

how do I enter a list in a list box or a combo box
hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... On 31/05/2010 11:42 AM, word challenged wrote: > hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box > but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... See the following page of Greg Maxey's website: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm If it's an ActiveX combobox that you haved inserted directly into the document, right click on it and select View Code and use c...

How do you increase the size of the Junk E-mail Filter list?
I know there is a Registry value you can change to increase the size of the Junk E-mail Filter list used by Exchange Server 2003, but I have not been able to find this info. Is there a Knowledge Base article or can someone help provide details about how I can increase the size of this list? My environment is smail (only a few users), so I am more concerned about how to provide more space in the Junk E-mail Filter list than I am worried about any impact this might have to performance. Thanks for any information that can be provided ... Take care, Dean I am pleased to pass along for...

where is my BBC address lists?
Hi guys, One of my colleague got the trouble to use BCC function to send to 65 users. She can send the msg to all BCC users without any trouble, however she cant retrieve the full address list from the "Sent Items". All she can see is the ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,john@hotmail.com,susan@hotmail.com,and karen@hotmail.com". In other words, she can view the last few recipients' addresses only....any idea that she can view the full recipient list? Tks in advance! Karen Smith Can you highlight the field and move the cursor back to the beginning of the field? "Karen&...

E-mail Address Conflict in Global Adress List
Hi there, I have a strange problem. I have a person with two users account (My manager) one of them Paul and the other Paulxx In Active directory on the Exchange E-mail addresses its pointing to the right e-mail for each account. TYPE E-MAIL Paul SMTP PAUL@Y.COM PAULXX SMTP PAULXX@Y.COM but in outlook when any user in the company try to send an e-mail to this person and choose paul from the Global Address List, the e.mail shows as the other account paulxx@y.com an...

Groups of people from Contact list to send BCC Outlook 2003
I have a large Contact list and wish to send emails to groups of people without others seeing the names of others. Distribution lists in Outlook 2003 show everyone names in BCC. What should I do? Are you saying that if you put the distribution list in the BCC field, the recipients can see all the names? You're not putting anything in the To or CC fields, or perhaps just your own address? If that's the case, something at the server level is causing all the addresses to appear. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please...

How can I use my Access list to email selective groups?
How can I use an Access List to email selective groups without having to go to my Outlook Address Book? ...

lookup list
I'd like to have a lookup list, which shows 2 colums of the reference table. The columns are next to each other. Is that possible? ...

Handling the System Image List ?
Hi guys, In my program I made a Shell Namespace tree viewer that needs the system imagelist which I handle like this: // let's get the image list SHFILEINFO sfi; ZeroMemory(&sfi,sizeof(sfi)); HIMAGELIST hImageList=(HIMAGELIST)SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"),0,&sfi,sizeof(SHFILEINFO),SH GFI_SYSICONINDEX|SHGFI_SMALLICON); // attach it to my class member m_imageList.Attach(hImageList); // later on in my destructor I free it m_imageList.Detach(); I think I am doing it right because it works. The thing is, I want to use that tree I made in different spots but it seems I can'...

How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?
I want to create a bar chart. On the left is a list of services. Each bar represents a company. Each company will be shown in the chart to offer services up to a certain point, so the bars will get increasingly longer until you get to the bar for my company which shows the longest bar because it offers the most services. Any idea how to structure my data to get this type of chart? -comic guy I don't know if this will work for you? Just a suggestion +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Services.zip ...

Send as Distribution List
We are using Windows 2003 w/ Active Directory and Exchange 2003 w/ Outlook clients. How do I give someone rights to Send On Behalf of a Distribution List? When the e-mail goes out, I want it to look as if it came from the DL. There's no such visible property. I go to the security tab and the best property I could see was the Send As property. I gave the person that permission, but they still can't send on behalf of the DL. Thanks, Sylvan Jonas In news:eUQTOekfFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Jonas, Sylvan R. <sjonas@brouse.com> typed: > We are using Windows 2003...

SUBTOTAL A LIST
Hi - Is there a way to subtotal a list...once I create a list the subtotal feature is not available. I also fail to see the difference between a list and the auto filter function, can someone explain? Thanks, Jim Jim, Here is the technique that I use. Insert some lines above the headers in your spreadsheet. Example: Row 1 Row 2 Row 3 =SUBTOTAL(9,D6:D1000) Row 4 Row 5 First Name Last Name Sales Region Sales ($) Etc Lets say you want to filter just the midwest sales ...

exporting a mailing list
I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send out a mailer. This seams like it should be an easy task. I have tried to run a report, customer list but it doesnt give me all the info I need. (address, city, state). Is there a place to export this info. Im probally overlooking something stupid but I dont see it. "Zack Anderson" <zack@electronicbiz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:26049526-2FBB-4CA2-8B20-CBD89EE38E29@microsoft.com... >I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send > out a mailer. This ...