Displaying email from mail server

I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro.  I am not able to
display my email from my email server.  I get the error
message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and
receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error
0x0040600."  I have checked my set up to access the mail
server and everything appears to be okay.  I can get my
email from the website so it is on the server.
0
owlelope (1)

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having a problem on their
end?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rod Smith asked:

| I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro.  I am not able to
| display my email from my email server.  I get the error
| message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and
| receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error
| 0x0040600."  I have checked my set up to access the mail
| server and everything appears to be okay.  I can get my
| email from the website so it is on the server.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/23/2004 4:21:02 AM
I have contacted my ISP and the mail is getting there, I=20
just can't access it from Outlook.

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Rod Smith asked:

>| I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro.  I am not able to
>| display my email from my email server.  I get the error
>| message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and
>| receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error
>| 0x0040600."  I have checked my set up to access the=20
mail
>| server and everything appears to be okay.  I can get my
>| email from the website so it is on the server.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Email Pop-up Box
I have Outlook 2000 and have set up Email using the Corporate LAN option. Everytime Outlook checks for mail a box pops up asking to enter the users password. I have checked the services options and all of the relevant information has been entered - i.e. users name / password / remember password (ticked). But still the box keeps coming up everytime it checks for new mail. Very annoying. Any help, please !!! Thanks Matthew Stone. Have you tried the steps mentioned in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275465? "Matt Stone" <matt@lee.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Displaying Data
Hi All, I need some urgent help with a database that i'm creating and i'm a bit stuck. I have 2 lists of data they are both linked. I need to create a query where by if a certain criteria matches on the other sheet then all record for that are displaying. For example tasks if 1 assignment has 10 tasks, i need to be able to run a query whereby all tasks are displayed. I'm not sure that makes sense. It does in my head. I've managed it so that it works within my form view. But i need to set up access so that when a person clicks a command button it then open up another form and...

Outlook Express-email being auto deleted-cannot retrieve again
Can anyone help?? Messages in my Inbox, sent, and delete files, are for some unexplained reason disappearing from these files. I don't know where they are going. It does not happen on any noticeable schedule but does occur frequently. Can anyone help?? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micro...

How do I resize an e-mail newsletter?
I am trying to send out an e-mail newsletter, but when it comes through it is all crowded on the left hand side of the page. How do I resize it so that it fills the page? Emailed newsletters often fall short of our expectations for various reasons. We generally recommend newsletters be sent as a .pdf attachment to maintain the appearance that you've worked so hard at creating. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "ThreeLairds" <ThreeLairds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6111E18...

How do you check your office e-mail when out of the office?
How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? more detail on your setup would be required to answer that. "Office e-mail question" <Office e-mail question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33B202BC-03CF-4CBF-93DC-A27639BA06A9@microsoft.com... > How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? If your office uses an Exchange server, then ask the mail admin if they have enabled Outlook Web Access, which allows you to view the contents of your Exchange mailbox via a web browser. He or she may also be able to set you up with a VPN, if your company uses...

Lookup dialog: display company name?
Is it possible to display the company name when using the lookup form? (e.g., Marketing Lists: Manage Members: Lookup) Thanks, - Steve Yates - ITS, Inc. - If it ain't broke, let me have a shot at it... ~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~ ...

HTML Message in a email
Hello, Once I’ve created a campaign where the activity type is ‘email’, I’d like the body of the email to contain images and hypertext links. Ideally it should be html, but I can’t insert any image or hypertext link in the mail body; How can I do that? thanks Hi Geraldine, I suggest you compose your HTML email and publish it to the web using something like Expression. Then open in IE > Select All > Copy and paste into your CRM COMPOSE EMAIL frame, this should work. You can add an extra hyperlink to link any email recipient to the published page in case of any problem viewing. May ...

Transferring emails and attachments
Is there a way to transfer emails and/or attachments from one computer with Outlook to another computer with Outlook? Thanks. Pete You could move the relevant *.pst file, and your could even email them. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Pete wrote: > Is there a way to transfer emails and/or attachments from > one computer with Outlook to another computer with > Outlook? Thanks. > Pete Thanks, but where are the .pst files stored? >-----Original Message----- >You could move the relevant *.pst file, and your could even email them. > >Hope this is...

Recovering Deleted Email
Is there any way to recover a deleted email? I have certain peoples' email going to the deleted folder. Once I open and close Outlook the folder empties. Can I recover this email and how. mam9201@comcast.net While in the Deleted Items folder, go to Tools > Recover Deleted Items. HTH "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1f901c3eb6c$cfd73a10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to recover a deleted email? I have > certain peoples' email going to the deleted folder. Once > I open and close Outlook the folder empties. ...

Break Outlook email link with Exchange
I have a situation where I need to stop Outlook 2003 from receiving mail from the users Exchange 2003 mailbox but still allow the use of calender & tasks. This is to allow a DMS to take over the management of email. Is this possible? How? This is with SBS 2003. Thanks, Mark Bailey I suppose if you go into AD User properties for the user, and remove the default SMTP address assigned for the user (the one that points to their external public email address), that would stop emails from coming in. What is this DMS system you are looking at? -- Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] "The days pa...

ie, and email not working
I have vista, this is the second time this year that this has occurred. after a automatic update, all of a sudden, my typeing is running slow. also my email send reiceve buton no longer works. and half the the video's on you tube will not work. I know its not just my computer because if I use fire fox then my typeing is fine and youtube works. the last time this happened, a few months later after another automatic update occurred then my email fixed iself. my server says that all my connection settings are correct and I have not changed anything. anyone else have this probl...

Moving SQL to new Server
I am currently running MSCRM and SQL on the same box, and I plan on moving the DB's to another server that will be dedicated to this one task. Aside from restoring the DB's from my backup on the current server, using serfver manager to re-associate SQL and CRM, and reinstalling Exchange connector what else do I need to do? After replication is enabled on the new SQL server, do i need to reinstall the SFO client or will it simply work? Any insight is greatly appreciated! ...

new e-mail
???????????,??????? ???? ? ? ?: ????@???? ????: whitehorse@myway.com ????: ????@???? ????????????? | ???? ...

Microsoft CRM server is unavailable.
While in Outlook 2003 SP2, I was attempting to open up the contacts in CRM (v3 3.0.53) when I received the message "Microsoft CRM server is unavailable".There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator. The server is up and is online in Outlook. I am working remotely over the internet using (2) routers between the remote orifice and HQ. Any ideas on how to rectify? This happens with all of our remote workers, most are using a VPN solution though I am n...

Selects in SQL Server 2005 or 2000
Does select statement lock the table or page or row? If yes, is there a way to prevent it from being locked? Thanks in advance YEs, SELECT acquire shared locks (at the level SQL Server feel is a good think, row, page, table). You can ask for READ UNCOMMITTED/NNOLOCK, but that has potential data integrity consequences, so it should only be done after considering those. Here's a good start: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c626d75f-ff62-41bb-9519-10db3b50bee5.aspx -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.c...

How not to Run a Login Script on a Windows Server?
I do not want to run a login script on a Windows 2000 Server. Can a test against a specific value thats unique to Windows 2000 Server?? Right now in my login script, I test to see if its a Windows_NT machine or Win32 machine. Is there a similiar way to test for Windows 2000 Server Edition?? Thanx, Kevin ...

cant send email
Windows mail thru earthlink I get this when sending : The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'mandvtownsel@verizon.net'. Subject 'Re: Near Flagstaff, Arizona', Account: 'pop.earthlink.n...

deleting email crosses out the email
i delete emails and it only crosses them out and does not put them in the deleted box...how can i move them there? Is this an IMAP account? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, jess asked: | i delete emails and it only crosses them out and does not put them in | the deleted box...how can i move them there? jess <jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i delete emails and it only crosses them out and d...

Unwanted email (same subject
Hi All, For some time my company have been receiving email with stock suggestions. On average each user in the company is receiving 5-6 emails. I have been trying to get these block or bounced but I am unable to do this. The email originates from different email address however the format of the email is identical (apart from the stock suggestion and text about the suggested company). The email does not contain a link etc. I have looked up the domains to which this has been sent from and these are not the senders (one was a construction company!). This is the headers: Your help with...

Ex2003: enabling a user to send emails from a different e-mail add
Question: how can I enable a user to use a different than his primary e-mail address as sender in Outlook's "From:" field? Environment: Exchange 2003 SP2 + Outlook 2003 I was first assuming every Exchange user is able to use their e-mail addresses as sender address in Outlook's "From:" field (that is, all the SMTP addresses configured under "E-Mail Address" in Active Directory Users & Computers). But this is not true. Only the primary address can be used (otherwise Exchange 2003 rejects the message). A working, but not very convenient solution...

Outlook 2003 crashes when reading HTML emails
Just like the title says, really. Error message is "Outlook 2003 application error " The instruction at "0x30cb05e4" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. Sometimes I get to see the email briefly just before the crash. It looks as though OL is calling IE to render the HTML, but that there's something wrong with the call (but I could be totally wrong on this). I have another PC (in a different office) with nominally the same build, and this works fine. Anyone got any ideas? ...

Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter only works on Inbox?
I have 2 pop3 accounts that both go into Outlook 2003. I use rules to move the emails to their respective folders. I have the Junk Email filter turned on High...and yet nothing gets filtered. It seems to me that Outlook moves the messages first, then runs the Junk Email filter on the Inbox. The Inbox is empty when the filter is run, thus nothing is filtered. Can anyone direct me on how to accomplish either one of the 2 solutions mentioned below? 1. Run the Junk Email filter on folders other than Inbox? 2. Run the Junk Email filter BEFORE the message rules are applied? Either option would so...

Display Amount
Why, on some reports, does the amount appear prefixed with asterisks (*)? Is there a system setting which allows me to turn on or off the prefixing of amounts? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, N. Nightingale Depending on what reports you are running, the * normally indicates the document was voided. A good example of this is on a check register report. "Nicholas Nightingale" wrote: > Why, on some reports, does the amount appear prefixed with asterisks (*)? Is > there a system setting which allows me to turn on or off the prefixing of > amounts? > An...

How do I set up Outlook on a home network to view emails from lapt
I have recently bought and installed Office 2007, and one of the main things that I wish to be able to do with it is to have it installed throughout my Home Network (One Main PC, two external 1Tb Hardrives on the network, and access through a laptop too). My main wish for it is to be able to have the main PC with Outlook 2007 open, at all times, to collect any emails that may come in for me, yet still be able to access those emails, read them, but not have them directly downloaded to my laptop (and not have them mix in with the other emails already appearing on the main PC). Is there a ...

Wrong Mailbox size displayed
Hi, Hopefully someone can help on this. We are running Exchange 2003 within the LAN and all clients are using Outlook 2003 to connect to it. All clients are running "Cached" mode on their desktop and they archive regularly into PST on their machine. There is one particular user who had archived her mails but the mailbox size displayed on her local machine is not the same as on the server. The local machine displayed 75MB while the server (under Exchange System Manager ==> Administrative Groups ==> "First Administrative Group" ==> "Servers" ==>...