Display of messages in Outbox and Drafts

Greetings outlook world!  This is my 1st entry into a discussion group.
Briefly, on new Windows Vista computer, messages in the Outlook outbox and
drafts folders will not display.  For example, if I put 3 messages in the
outbox, when navigating there no messages show, just the number 3 in the list
of folders in the left panel.  Microsoft Outlook Diagnostics shows no
problem. If I discover a solution I will let you know.  I wish we could ask
Microsoft directly.  Many thanks particularly if you respond.
--
David
0

Look at your View settings in the Outbox folder: View>Arrange by>Current View
and make sure Messages is selected. You must be filtering your view to Unread
Messages or something else.

"David" wrote:

> Greetings outlook world!  This is my 1st entry into a discussion group.
> Briefly, on new Windows Vista computer, messages in the Outlook outbox and
> drafts folders will not display.  For example, if I put 3 messages in the
> outbox, when navigating there no messages show, just the number 3 in the list
> of folders in the left panel.  Microsoft Outlook Diagnostics shows no
> problem. If I discover a solution I will let you know.  I wish we could ask
> Microsoft directly.  Many thanks particularly if you respond.
> --
> David
0
Mary1 (682)

Can I add messages that pass my filters to my contact list?
Can I add messages that pass my filters to my contact list? -- Kilowatt@charter.net Put "private" in the subject line. ...

In 3 active sheets in wkbk, determine& display the # of sheets that have data
I am wking with potentially 3 active sheets in a wkbk i.e. anyone of them or all could have data or text entered in them at any time. This is an ever changing scenario as data is entered or deleted i.e. a sheet is filled and the next sheet receives the new data etc. Since I am able or only want to see one sheet at a time, it is necessary to see on the displayed sheet how many of the 3 sheets have data on them at anyone time and to display that # of sheets numerically on all 3 sheets as I move thru them. I guess most simply stated I would like to know when I am in sheet #1 whether 1sheet is...

Data displayed in the Hotmail Sent folder "To" field suddenly wrong
Hi, Outlook 2002 SP2 on W2K with all updates. I have a Hotmail account in Outlook that has worked just fine for a long time. Messages I send through Hotmail have always appeared in the Hotmail Sent folder correctly. Yesterday the data displayed in the Hotmail Sent folder "To" field got loused up. Instead of seeing the name of the intended recipient, the person to whom the message was sent, it now displays the name of the sender (me). There is one exception (one out of seven messages at the moment is actually displaying the correct recipient), but I have no idea what caused the exce...

Send messages in another "Send Items"
I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is placed in my personal "Sent Items". But what I want is the message to be placed in the groupmailbox "Sent Items'. Anyone some ideas? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Thankz Peter Peter <jpmoons@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). > If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is > placed in my personal "Sent Items". > But what I want is the message to be placed in the g...

Error Message
I do not understand why I get this error message when I open Outlok Express An error occurred while establishing the Dial-Up Network connection "MSN" have cable and I am not on a network. Note: I have IE and also MSN and other browsers. -- Joni OE Tools | Options | Accounts | Mail | [account] | Properties | Connection | Always connect using... (uncheck) Joni wrote: > I do not understand why I get this error message when I open Outlok > Express > > An error occurred while establishing the Dial-Up Network connection "MSN" > have cable...

multiple view message processing with sdi
I have app aka windows explorer with 2 views left is CTreeView and right pane is CHTMLView. How to enable print for CHTMLView Currently if focus is on the left window - html page is not printed Thank you > I have app aka windows explorer with 2 views > left is CTreeView and right pane is CHTMLView. > > How to enable print for CHTMLView > > Currently if focus is on the left window - html page is not printed > This happens because OnCmdMsg of the non active view is not being called. You can do so explicitly by routing it to both the views in mainframe's OnCmdMsg ...

Subform not displaying properly
Good morning everyone, I had a simple order database setup exactly like Northwinds in Access 2003. Everything works fine. I decided that I wanted to add a command button to my main form. This command button opens a form that is coded using the "find as you type modules" from Allen Browne's web site. When I double click on the item that I want to add to the order - I want it to add it to the subform on the main form so I can check and make sure I have everything correct before processing the invoice. Everything works (ie. all information is going to correct tables) The prob...

Archive messages not working
We have not tried to archive since installing exchange 2003 Trying to get users in a good habit I put a warning message to tell people to start archiving to a .pst file on there local machine, It does not work for any one, this feature was fine when we used to use microsoft mail with everyones mail on their own .pst files. We click file then archive and the icon shows in the lower right corner that it is doing something but nothing leaves the inbox and no copies of messages appear in the archive folders. There are no error messages. It looks like the process has worked but nothing hap...

Display report / summary based on data in two worksheets
Hi, I've uploaded the excel sheet at this location http://rapidshare.com/files/339230049/Test_SAMPLE.xls.html The first sheet has the list of features in column B. I2:W2 contain the Block# This is used to depict which features are being covered in which block. For eg. I5 and I6 show that Feature 1 and 2 are being covered in Block 1 In the second Sheet, Project Timeline, T8:T:19 show the iterations. each iteration can have one or more blocks within it. Based on the blocks selected for each iteration, the dates are calculated in column R "Bug Fix". I need ...

Not downloading newsgroup messages in WLM
Hi, I set up my newsgroup reader in WLM with the email address sheana@microsoft.com. One of the moderators pointed out that if a real "Sheana" worked at Microsft, she might get replies to my questions and not be happy about it. So I changed to sheana@nospam.invalid. I subscribed and posted to internetexplorer.general, but the question is not downloading into WLM. In fact, no more news messages have downloaded since I first opened it up about 2 hours ago. Is there a way to reset and re-download the messages in WLM like you could in OE? Or am I dealing with a problem d...

OWA access and saving messages to the local machine...
It is obvious that a user can save email attachments to their local hard drive. What is the procedure to do the same with an email message? ...

Draft messages missing
HI I had saved nearly 10 to 15 mails in the draft... Now they seems to be disappeared. I have not deleted them nor I have forwarded them to anyone. I did check out with the view settings... but still not able to get them... Have I missed out anything... waiting for your help...... reagrds KAH Add this registry key, then restart outlook: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options] "DumpsterAlwaysOn"=dword:00000001 When outlook opens, highlight the drafts folder. Then go to tool > recover deleted items. Your can occasionally recover up to 3 days wort...

Error Message when send/receiving: An object could not be found.
Can anyone tell me why this error message comes up when I try to send/receive in Outlook? I have tried to repair using the disc, but it doesn't help this problem. ! The operation failed. An object could not be found. Thanks, Kimberley ...

Tracking Messages
I have a user who is sending messages to an external recipient but they are not getting there. How do I determine why is not getting there. They said that there is nothing wrong on there end. We can send to them using external accounts but not from our domain. I am running exchange 2003 SP2 any NDR involved? it would help to see the full/exact text of that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B77C4AAA-9048-4DD6-9CCD-CE61C085806F@microsoft.com... > I have a user who is sending messages to an external recipient ...

Message Rules oddity
Something odd has happened with the WLM Message Rules: A month ago, I had 2 rules set to block 2 names. All worked as it should. Today I removed the rules, now there is nothing listed in the Message Rules list. I re-booted. and restarted WLM. I looked for posts by one of the unblocked names, they can't be found (I know they're there, I can see them on the laptop, running XP) Instead I get this message: ------ "WLM was unable to retrieve the requested message. It's possible the message has expired or was removed from the server." "430 no such artic...

Close Message, Close Outlook
It's not user error!!! A collegue adds a second profile to his Outlook 2003 - ihis wife on his home computer to be exact.) Since then, when he reads a message and closes the message, Outlook also closes!!!! However, if he opens two or more messages, outllook will remain open (running) until he exits out of all messages. No Error messages! Interesting feature - but it seems to be unlisted and not found in Tools Options, Email Options, advanced. Any ideas???? He is getting tired of restarting Outlook that often. This is not anything I am aware of or seen. It sounds more like a bug....

Error Message When Opening Excel #2
Error Message: The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction CS: odbs IP:013d op:ff ff ff 00 00 I get this everytime I try to open excel. Anyone have any ideas at all? ...

Message list
I lost my subscription list and had to resubscribe to newsgroups. One of them lists 38939021 posts. Is there a way to clear all these? -- Ray _________________________________________________ Well, that's a bug and its not likely that many, but go to Tools | = Options | Read and set it to download 50 headers at a time. Then go to = the newsgroup. Then go to Edit | Catch up and that will mark all the = messages on the newsgroup as having been downloaded. Then go to Tools | = Options | Read and uncheck the option to download xxx headers at a time = (if you don't y...

All Day Display
Greetings, What would cause a significant number of recurring all-day items to have a large percentage of them display as two days items with clock icons? It seems each one encompasses the previous day. However, opening the recurring tab shows times from 00.00 to 00.00 and as one day. Saving corrects the display, for the moment. There are far too many to go through and correct each one. I know the underlying data is not the cause as all items display correctly on other computers and PDAs. Thanks, Larry S Did you change time zones on the computer at any point? "Larry S&qu...

Error Message #20
I've been using MM for about 4 years and recently I have been having trouble when I try to click on the "bills" section. Everytime I try to go to the "bills" section, the program informs me that it has encountered an error and needs to close. Other aspects of my file seem unharmed. Any suggestions? File|Repair? "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EF82BA-B490-46FE-87AE-0E192062C119@microsoft.com... > I've been using MM for about 4 years and recently I have been having > trouble > when I try to click...

What do I do when I get a low memory message?
I am creating a lot of different brochures. I'm getting an error that due to low memory, Publisher has had to rename my publication to c:\pubFC.tmp. I have to restart Publisher and open the file in the temp. folder. I do I clean up this memory problem? What all do you have running in the background? How often do you restart your system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "terri" <terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2A01327-BC5F-4D71-9DF3-D269133BFB06@microsoft.com... >I am creating a lot of different brochures. I'm getting an er...

Apple Message framework v623
Does - Apple Message framework v623 -with this information in an email header does it indicate the sender is using a Mac? I believe so, but the guys in the mac groups would know for sure. On 4/28/06 1:10 PM, in article exYiBbuaGHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, "Alan Smithee Jr." <A_Smithee_J@no.email> wrote: > Apple Message framework v623 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:...

popup box message; "Publisher cannot open the file"
saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot open the file" What version Publisher do you have? Do you know what version Publisher was used to create the file? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stature" <stature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AD1D565-743D-478D-95DD-5C5358400272@microsoft.com... > saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot > open the file" ...

displaying hyperlink in automation to Word
I have a field in a table that shows hyperlinks with a different caption (i.e. if the web address is www.pbs.org, I display the link as "PBS"), but when the user clicks on the link, it takes them to the correct address. Using VBA and automation, I want to create a document in Word with the data from Access. The document contains some text from another field, but then I want to display the hyperlink and have it look right. The code is: strBodyIntro = strBodyIntro & " " & rsClips!HyperlinkNew & " " & vbCrLf When I do that instead of the proper d...

Outlook Temporarily Freezes on Messages with Attachments
I am experiencing a problem that I believe is related to Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 handling of attachments. While in the my main mail folder viewing a message with no attachment with the preview pane open, and I try to arrow down to the next message (old and previously viewed) Outlook will freeze for about 30 seconds before displaying the message (even in offline mode). I don't believe that the message attachment is being re-downloaded, and I'm sure that the attachment is in the local cache, so I don't know what's going on. I have searched the groups for a possible rea...