Display from that includes SMTP name in sent items

Does anyone have a tip or trick on how to dispaly the SMTP name in the Sent
Items folder?  This is to defeat SPAMMERS who are displaying their names as
Costco Customer Service, but the SMTP name is joesmith@comcast.net.

Alan Isham-670363 <alan.a.isham@intel.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a tip or trick on how to dispaly the SMTP name in
> the Sent Items folder?  This is to defeat SPAMMERS who are displaying
> their names as Costco Customer Service, but the SMTP name is
> joesmith@comcast.net.

The sender display is controlled by the sender and can't be changed by the
recipient.  I can find no field in the Field Chooser that causes Outlook to
display the sender's address.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

removing menu items from toolbar
hello, i dont want users to use assign button in toolbar.. how can i change menu items in toolbar or disable it? ...

change all named entities to their numbers
Hajo, is it possible to change all named entities to their numbers? For example: &sect; to &#167; ? Pawel pawel.pabich@gmail.com wrote: > is it possible to change all named entities to their numbers? > For example: &sect; to &#167; ? In which context, DOM, XSLT? Does your XML document declare the entity named sect? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

Display name in sending email from CRM 4.0
We are using CRM 3.0 before. When email is sent from CRM 3.0 client, the From: email address is resolved to "CRM User's display name". We have just upgraded to CRM 4.0. CRM 4.0 uses the format xxx@yyyy.com as From in sending email. Is there a way to display the "display name" as "From" instead of actual email address? Thanks. JoF "JoF" wrote: > We are using CRM 3.0 before. When email is sent from CRM 3.0 client, the > From: email address is resolved to "CRM User's display name". We have just > upgraded to CRM 4.0. CR...

Sales Line Item Distribution Entry
You can no longer tab/enter between account lines in the window. After entering the last segment and hitting tab, you should go to the next line - similar to entering posting accounts. This also occurs in the account entry windows for cards. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Problem displaying modal dialog box from a dynamically linked regular dll
hi All, i try to call an exported dll function which should create a modal dialog box from an *.exe file. the dll is a regular dynamically linked mfc based dll. my exported function looks like this void CreateDlg() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CDlg dlg(AfxGetMainWnd()); dlg.DoModal(); } the problem is, that i can see the dialog but it is stuck and the main Dialog window doesn't reponse either. so i have to kill the application. does the code lack of some function overloading ? or message processing ? thanks for any response. I just build a sample and I am not ab...

Help displaying captured image and storing image links
I'm using EzVidCap activex which saves a webcam stream as a still image (.dib) using this code: Private Sub Command1_Click() ezVidCap1.SaveDIB "C:\Pic.dib" Image1.Picture = "C:\Pic.dib" End Sub What I would like to do is change/separate this into two command buttons: 1) cmdDisplayImage: Displays/transfers a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control in an image or OLE box (not sure which one is best) - preferably without having to save it to a file first. 2) cmdSaveImage: Saves the displayed image in a filename like: GuestID_FirstName_LastName_DateofPhoto.dib (or j...

Outlook 2007: Paste
Hello, I know this question has been asked a few times, but I still do not feel I've read a clear explaination. When I see external or internal names in the To line, somtimes they are like Smith, Tom <Tom.Smith@email.com>; Smith, Becky <Becky.Smith@email.com> And if I select them, right click copy, and go into the message body and click paste, it only pastes the display name. I'm not trying to recreate a distribution list. I'm not trying to recover lost contacts. I work with a lot of vendors and act as a bridge between the business and IT, and often I hav...

Choosing File Details to Include
When syncing my device through WMP using WMA files all the file details (such as artist name, album name) were transfered with the file. However, when I tried to sync MP3 files the only info that transferred was the file (song) name - it also had included the the track# as part of the song name. Last night I THINK I came across a window where I could check off which details to include and also had the option to remove the track # from the song name. Today I cannot find that screen anywhere. Where would I have seen such a screen and how do I find it again? Thanks -- ...

Deleting recurring items in calendars
I'm having trouble deleting recurring items in calendars. I'm using Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server. I delete the item and either 1) it reappears in a few seconds or 2) I get an error message telling me that I'm out of memory (I have plenty of memory on my account and on my computer). I have no problem deleting regular entries. I'm stumped. Please help. Marty Using Cached Exchange mode? Does it also happen when you disable Cached Exchange mode? Got a PDA installed that synchs back to Outlook? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month...

how do I permanently delete names from Outlook autocomplete?
starting to type in the "To" section populates a drop-down. It has been suggested to arrow down to the address I want to delete and hit the delete button. That removes the name until the computer is restarted for another session. The names return. How do I permanently delete the selected names? These names are not stored anywhere in my contacts list. You need to delete the .NK2 file Windows Vista If you can already see hidden files and folders... 1. Close Outlook. 2. Open My Computer. 3. Browse to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outl...

Kill an App by it's name only ?
Hi: If I know only the user mode application's name (full path), is there a way to terminate it? I'm now using FindWindow to get a HWND and then send a WM_CLOSE. It works fine but I do not like to depend on the Windows Title to kill the application. Thanks for any input. Polaris ...

SFO Conact Sync without Account or Company Name ?
When the Contacts sync to the Outlook folder, they do not sync the Account Name to the Company name in the Outlook Contact. This means the Account name does not get sync'd to a PDA. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this? thanx . . . . . . . Glen Glen - we are having this same problem. Did you figure out a work around? It looks like there were no replies to your post... Thanks. . . . . . . John "Glen Howie" wrote: > When the Contacts sync to the Outlook folder, they do not sync the Account > Name to the Company name in the Outlook Contact. This means t...

Outlook clients receive e-mail > 1 hour after it was sent
I have a single AD domain with a seperate Exchange 2000 server. Clients are using Outlook 2000. Several users have been complaining that incoming e-mail is being delivered to their inboxes several hours after it was sent. This happens with external as well as internal e-mail, so it seems to be a problem with Exchange. I have looked in the Exchange System Manager and Event Viewer on the Exhange server and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone have any idea what could cause these e-mails to be delayed? no queues stacked up? have you done any message tracking? it might show y...

Merge names from Excel to Publisher postcard
I set up a postcard in Publisher. Yesterday, I was able to merge names and addresses from an excel list so I could easily mail. Today, trying to change the list to a more complete on, I get a pop-up message reading "operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failure. Try later." I've tried copying/renaming the excel file to no avail. Any ideas? Could be your MDAC components This article addresses Word, but it is the same error. WD2002: "Operation Could Not Be Completed Because of Dialog or Database Engine Failure" Error Message When ...

Do not want print notification to display when I print
When I send a document to print a notification baloon comes up on the screen to say that this document was sent to the printer and it really annoys me. How do I get rid of it please? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:57:02 -0800, heather <heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send a document to print a notification baloon comes up on the screen >to say that this document was sent to the printer and it really annoys me. >How do I get rid of it please? This is a Windows issue, not a Word one. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308217, "How To Enable or ...

Big list colums naming and repeating when printing
I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page when I print like headers? File | Page Setup | Sheet. From there you can designate the Row that contains your headings to repeat on each page. tj "MaR" wrote: > I have a list. How do I set up column names that will repeat in every page > when I print like headers? ...

"#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for" after applying SP2
I have front-end E2K3 server that has secure POP3 and secure SMTP that clients using Eudora, Apple Mail, Outlook Express use. I applied Exchange 2003 service pack 2 to all the Exchange servers (starting with the front-end) last Friday. Now clients using any POP3/SMTP software receive the above message when they try to send any email to any external email addresses. No settings were changed in the SMTP virtual server and I've tried unchecking and re-checking the "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay" option, then restarted SMTP and Exchange Routing servi...

Rename or Exchange Names
Hi! What is the proper way of renaming a computer in windows 2003 Domain and also changing an old pc with a new one? Hello create_share, Just rename the computer connected to the domain, nothing special. You need to use an account that is able to change the name in AD so at least domain admin. Please define the old OS and new OS where you like to change between, is there a need for applications to run on the new one as on the old machine? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** ...

Outlook Suggest names file location
Is there any way to expose the entire file of Suggest Names? in Outlook 2002 on XP. I have discovered how to delete one at a time but I would like to edit the entire file? Is this possible? Linda Yep, locate the nk2 file of your profile and rename it to .old -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spar...

"ISV" Items in CRM
Throughout the CRM navigation, various "ISV" buttons keep showing up and we have no third party software tied into CRM. We're only running the Microsoft Connector from GP to CRM. 2 Questions: 1) Can I safely remove the ISV references? 2) How would I do this? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com You can remove these items without harming anything. To edit the ISV.config file, under Settings -> Customization choose Export Customizations. Find ISV.config and export it to a location where you c...

Rec Trans SmartList should display trans dist acct rather than cu
Receivables Transaction Smartlist should display the transaction distribution account rather than the account set up as the default in the customer master. This is so basic it should be considered a bug. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Outlook 2000's map display problem
Back in September I installed the latest (at that time) upgrade to Office 2000. It broke Outlook 2000's ability to display a map of a contact's location. Here is the fix they gave to me and it is working now: Use regedit and navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\General and add the following string mapscripturl then modify the string and put in the following value: http://www.expediamaps.com/default.asp?street=<0s>&city=<1s>&state=<2s>&zip=<3s> Exit Regedit. Henry Winokur To u...

Should Reply-To-All include yourself?
Hello, We've migrated from a third-party messaging system to Outlook 2002/2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user does Reply-To-All on a received message, it sends a copy to themselves as well. Is that by design? Is there any way to stop it? Or is it just because we migrated the messages and Outlook doesn't recognise that the reply is going to themselves as well? Thanks, - Alan. It's by design when there are multiple accounts in the profile - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/replytoall.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

Store Names on X and Z Reports
After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue... Thanks Anthony Laidler Can anyone tell me how to update the x and z report receipt format so that it will show the name of the store at the time...Thanks and Happy Holidays. "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show > with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this > issue... > > Thanks > Anthony Laidler ...