Display Chinese Character in Outlook

In the message view, the Chinese characters cannot be
displayed for Subject.  If I double click the email (a
new window will be opened), the Chinese characters can be
displayed in the Subject.
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook, HTML & Paste Special...
Can somebody please give me a valid reason for why you can't 'Paste Special...' into HTML e-mails? TIA, Andy Haven't checked on earlier versions but the command is available with Outlook 2003 when using Word as the editor. "Deuchars" <sorry@nospam.com> wrote in message news:TkbNb.15439$LT6.168986776@news-text.cableinet.net... > Can somebody please give me a valid reason for why you can't 'Paste > Special...' into HTML e-mails? > > TIA, > > Andy > > > Unfortunately I'm not a fan of using Word as my e-mail editor...

Arial Font not fixed pitch on display zoom <79%
In Excel 2000, if you use Arial font with a size of 10 pitch, with a View Zoom factor of 79% or below it is displayed as a proportional font. i.e. the number 1 uses less space than the number 8. If you use a zoom factor of greater than 80% it displays as a fixed pitch font. Is there any way to make the font display permanently as fixed pitch, regardless of zoom factor? Arial is always proportional--maybe you meant courier new??? Maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. ...

when opening outlook, hard drive grinds for up to #2
10 minutes before opening?? I have scanpst'ed , my pst is less the 600 MB , what is going on and how do I fix it. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Outlook REPLY-original messages partially lost
--------------A749812FB4537ED2588B62B2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When replying to an email, the sender's portion gets lost... Sequence of events: I send a msg to correspondant. Correspondant replies I get reply. It contains both her msg and my original message. I press reply. The msg displayed for me to reply contains my original message, but NOT Correspondant's reply. What is happenning and how can be fixed? Leo --------------A749812FB4537ED2588B62B2 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!d...

Outlook 2003
I have an ongoing problem with Outlook 2003 (running on XP SP2 all up to date). Within about ten minutes of starting up Outlook I suddenly loose near all functionality in the program. I can open emails, read them and move them about. However the "New", "Reply", "Reply to All" and "Forward" options all gray out and are unuseable. Similarly, I can no longer copy email addresses or chunks of text out of emails - I can select the text, right click it and select Copy, however the text isn't copied to the clipboard. To get round this, I have t...

Spell Check in Outlook 2002/XP
Even with the Options > Spelling > Ignore original message... checked Outlook insists on spell checking the original message when I reply - ideas? ...

outlook error message #41
I have installed office 2003 and when I try to get to my address book I get the following message "can't contact LDAP directory server(81)". How do I repair this ...

Office 2007 Ribbon Display Issues
I have a user who when switching between Office 2007 applications has issues where the ribbon from the previous application stays on screen whilst rest of screen changes to other application. For example if the user is working on an Excel spreadsheet and switches to Outlook the Excel ribbon stays on the screen, but the user can see and access emails in his Inbox. The PC has been rebuilt and had latest drivers and BIOS installed. User is using a Dell Optiplex GX620. Has anyone else come across this issue? If so how have you resolved it? ...

Outlook 2003 does not stop on shutdown
I don't know if this the place to ask this. I've googled it to death and cannot find a solution although I have seen others ask this question. Here it is: When I shutdown Windows, I get a "cannot stop Outlook" message. I have to choose "stop now" for shutdown to progress. Specs: Toshiba Satellite L305 laptop WinXP/SP3 IE8 Office 2003, SP3 Outlook is set to minimize to the system tray and my outlook profile is stored on a secondary partition of the main harddrive. This is because I clone the primary partition weekly to guard against burnouts. S...

Outlook and processing of Asynchronous Pluggable Protocol URL
I created a handler to my own protocol. i registered everything in the system.... The requirements in the specification of the project were to make this protocol look like this: my_protocol:///show?comething=1&something2=2 and so on. The most problematic thing are 3 slashes which are transformed into 2 slashes by outlook before URL is passed to my handler via shell as parameter. The other problem is that in this case another slash is added before question mark. anyway transformed URL looks like this: my_protocol://show/?comething=1&something2=2. The number of slashes after protocol nam...

Outlook Web and Signatures
Hi: When people here are using Outlook XP installed and configured on their desktops and start a new email they can see their corporate signature. However, when people are using outlook via the IE browser and are starting a new email they can't see their signatures. Is there any way to activate or create a signature for them in outlook web. Thanks, -- Jim ...

Current View does not list views! (Outlook 2002)
After a recent upgrade to WIndows XP/OutlookXP, I customized my calendar toolbar to display the "Current View" selection. Unlike previous Outlook versions (and contrary to Help), the pulldown does not list any of my defined views, only "Customize Current View..." and "Define Views..." . Makes switching views very cumbersone. Anyone know fix for this? Does it work correctly if you make a new profile? If so, you will need to use the cleanviews switch - which wipes out all custom views. At the start menu, run command type outlook.exe /cleanviews -- Diane ...

Office Outlook 2003 from Outlook Express?
Installed Office 2003 and want to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook, but Outlook doesn't show up in my email options for selection...what do I do? Thanks! KRV What e-mail options are you looking at? Under Control Panel->Mail Icon, have you installed your mail account settings? Have you opened Outlook and let it import your OE mail? What steps have you taken to get your mail in Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will ...

How to use database table as an Outlook Contact List?
We have an existing database which we work with and maintain daily. It contains email addresses. Is there a simple way for Outlook to use it as an address book while allowing us to continue using the database normally? I found a tool that can make an Outlook Contact List available as a Database Table, but I need to make a Database Table available as an Outlook Contact List. Thank you for your suggestions. ...

Outlook 2003 Rules copy rather than move mail
I have set up Outlook 2003 to move certain e mails (based on the addresses) to a different folder but instead of moving, the e mail;s are copied. I have looked in the support database and on this newsgroup but to no avail. is this "a feature" of O 2003? Peter Posting from Peter Rogers Replace NOSPAM with ntlworld to reply Peter Rogers wrote: > I have set up Outlook 2003 to move certain e mails (based on the > addresses) to a different folder but instead of moving, the e mail;s > are copied. > > I have looked in the support database and on this newsgroup but to n...

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

CRM 3.0 access by Web Outlook and PDA
Hi Please advise if CRM 3.0 can be accesses using Outlook for Web Client and also if PDA can be used to access CRM 3.0 If yes can you advise of any documentation on the issue Thank you -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant There is no Outlok for Web client for Ms CRM. However, it can be accessed via Outlook, either online or offline and there is a web client which is accessed via Internet Explorer. The PDA version should be available next month. -- Hope that this helps. Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au "Hassan Loutfy" wrote: > Hi > > Please advise...

Rules and Alterts in Microsoft outlook 2007 using wild cards
Is it possible to configure a rule in microsoft outlook 2007 using wild cards??? I am using *@googlegroups.com in from field to move the mails from google groups to specified folder. Its not working. Am i committing a mistake?? Please assist. Define your rule more specifically... for instance, if you use "sent through the specified account" and make it @googlegroups.com (no asterisk), it will probably work better than the generic you are using. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook v...

Outlook XP / message body stripped when sending html format
Hi, Have a user with a wierd email problem in Outlook XP/2002 (exchange server). When sending an email, it seems that only the subject is sent, and the whole message body is blank. I've narrowed it down to sending email in HTML format. He can read any email in HTML format but when he replies or forwards, there is nothing in the message, just a subject. If I set to Rich-text or Plain text and send new message, it is fine. If I get an incoming HTML message, and forward as a Richtext ot plain text, it is fine. I've created another email profile, with no luck. I've re...

Unable to Recieve Incoming Emails with Outlook Connector
I'm using the Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007, I'm able to successfully send outgoing emails from the two different accounts, however I'm not able to see any of the incoming messages. I checked my hotmail.com account directly and there are messages in there, they just aren't downloading. "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:%232iPGgVaKHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm using the Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007, I'm able to successfully > send outgoing emails from the two different accounts, however ...

MS Outlook 2003 for small business Tech Refresh 2
I loaded the initial Beta as an upgrade to Office XP Pro version with SP 2 (i think - whatever was the most current upgrage as of the middle of july.) I loaded Office then the other apps then loaded Small Business from CD. Then Upgraded to Tech Refresh when I tried to run Outlook I recieved an error message that Buttons failed to load. Reinstall Outlook Small Business. So I did now it doesn't show up in Outlook, No Small Business Tools Menu shows up. I have tried the following in the order described... Uninstalled Small Business Version and reloaded... Uninstalled Small Bus...

Outlook 2000
When I attempt to open OUTLOOK from the desk top icon, I receive an error message stating: "outlook.exe has generated errors. Does anyone have a correction for this problem or solution. PS - I also receive this error when I attempt to open outlook from: "start/programs. Thanks Can you get any more details about the error? "Breck" <Npba900@aol.com> wrote in message news:022e01c3674a$b2fc35e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to open OUTLOOK from the desk top icon, I > receive an error message stating: > > "outlook.exe has generated errors. ...

ExMerge PST vs Outlook PST
I would like to import the PSTs using Exmerge into our new Exchange 2003 Server - can I ask the user to create their own PSt's from Outlook 2003 instead of ExMerge PSTs? Are the format the same for the Outlook 2003 and ExMerge PSTs? They can be the same, or they can be different. Outlook 2003 includes the ability to create (by default) Unicode PST's that are not subject to the 2gb PST limit. Exmerge (and previous versions of Outlook) created ANSI format PST files that could only be 2gb. The other consideration is that when you use Exmerge to import a PST file, the name o...

Outlook 2002 #232
How do I display a record of use of Microsoft and other computer applications? Thanks, CJ "C J" <weshom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:DB6230B6-ADA5-4329-9FE8-8510D6ECC4B2@microsoft.com... > How do I display a record of use of Microsoft and other computer > applications? > Thanks, > CJ > What exactly do you mean? What are you trying to achieve? Gordon, Thank you for your reply. I took an Outlook pretest in Mous. One of the two questions I could not answer was, "Display a record of use of Microsoft and other computer applications." I ...

can a column for 2 different words and display a number based on how many are found
This should be a very easy thing to do, but I can�t figure it out. Please Help. Thanks! I am trying to scan a column for 2 different words and display a numbe based on how many are found. Example: If the words �Completed� and �N/A� are found within a column as liste below. I want to create a formula that will display the number 5 because those words are found 5 times within that column. Completed Completed Completed N/A Complete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =COUNTIF(A:A,"Completed")+COUNTIF(A:A,"N/A") for column A Regards Trevor ...