Display as ???????

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2002on a Win2K system.
I have my Contacts set up just as I want them, ie. "Surname,First Name."
They appear like this in all the fields in the contact pane, however when I
use the contact list button to enter an email address into a new message,
the list of names is a mixture of "Surname,First name" and vice versa!
I have looked in properties and cannot find any way to change the way they
are listed.
Any help appreciated

Jon Mossman

Tools - e-mail accounts - view/change address books. Properties of Outlook
Address Book service: choose "file as" rather than "first last" which is the
default.

Jon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Outlook 2002on a Win2K system.
> I have my Contacts set up just as I want them, ie. "Surname,First
> Name." They appear like this in all the fields in the contact pane,
> however when I use the contact list button to enter an email address
> into a new message, the list of names is a mixture of "Surname,First
> name" and vice versa! I have looked in properties and cannot find any
> way to change the way they are listed.
> Any help appreciated
>
> Jon Mossman

0
lanwench (7567)
5/24/2004 2:10:25 PM
Brilliant! All sorted and working now.
Many thanks.

Jon

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Tools - e-mail accounts - view/change address books. Properties of Outlook
> Address Book service: choose "file as" rather than "first last" which is
the
> default.
>
> Jon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Outlook 2002on a Win2K system.
> > I have my Contacts set up just as I want them, ie. "Surname,First
> > Name." They appear like this in all the fields in the contact pane,
> > however when I use the contact list button to enter an email address
> > into a new message, the list of names is a mixture of "Surname,First
> > name" and vice versa! I have looked in properties and cannot find any
> > way to change the way they are listed.
> > Any help appreciated
> >
> > Jon Mossman

Glad to help.

Jon wrote:
> Brilliant! All sorted and working now.
> Many thanks.
>
> Jon
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:ulwz2qZQEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Tools - e-mail accounts - view/change address books. Properties of
>> Outlook Address Book service: choose "file as" rather than "first
>> last" which is the default.
>>
>> Jon wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Outlook 2002on a Win2K system.
>>> I have my Contacts set up just as I want them, ie. "Surname,First
>>> Name." They appear like this in all the fields in the contact pane,
>>> however when I use the contact list button to enter an email address
>>> into a new message, the list of names is a mixture of "Surname,First
>>> name" and vice versa! I have looked in properties and cannot find
>>> any way to change the way they are listed.
>>> Any help appreciated
>>>
>>> Jon Mossman

0
lanwench (7567)

Displaying Text in a Dialog
I have an SDI app, and a need to display half a dozen lines of text to the user and get a simple response (OK, or cancel). I can create a Dialog Resource, with the text embedded in a static control, but I can't see how to change the text within the program. Also, because the user may need to consult the document before responding, the dialog needs to be modeless. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? I am not exactly sure what you mean by changing text in your program. If you mean to change text of the static control, you can use pCtrl->SetWindowText. --------- Ajay Kal...

dynamic display of line placement (graphic) in all views as its in progress
Hi, I am drawing a line pDC->Line(...) in my view 1.. suppose there are 3 more views for the same document are open . The views which are referencing same area as view 1 should also reflect the rubberband effect as I go on placing the line. now current effect if.. first I complete the placement of line in view 1 then I call GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL, 0, NULL); so the line reflects in other views aswell. I want to see the line placement in all views as its in progress. How I may achieve it. calling UpdateAllViews in MouseMove event may not have irritating effect. any idea? Leya...

List Box Will Not Display Correct Value
Hi, I have a list box that is bound to a table, which displays two rows from the table, the location and box number (these are in accesending order). I used the wizard to do the 'locate record on my form' list box. I have two problems: 1) the value that lists in the list box after it has been selected is from column 1 (location) - I would like column two (Box Number) to be displayed 2) the record I select does not get updated on the form If I run the wizard and select only the Box number column, the whole thing works perfectly. Can anyone advise why this will not work with tw...

Can different drop down lists be displayed depending on the value.
Can different drop down lists be displayed depending on the value of another reference cell? for example, if A1 = true, then B1 displays drop down list #1, and if A1 = FALSE, then B1 displays drop down list#2 Thanks for any tip!! There are instructions here for dependent data validation lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Or, if you only have two choices, you could use an IF formula for the list, e.g.: =IF(E3="Yes",List1,List2) Laurentd wrote: > Can different drop down lists be displayed depending on the value of another > reference cell? > for...

How do you get outlook to display 24 hour clock vs. am/pm???
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04005E8B-2520-4FCF-AD86-7517A84692EF@microsoft.com... > it's a windows date/time setting. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com ...

DB Window displays none objects if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000
Hi, I posted this request once before on 2002-09-10 19:00:02 (Office Developer XP SP2 , Win XP SP1, DAO 3.6) The following problem occurs in several of my databases. It does not occuer with a new database from scratch: The DB Window displays none objects in detail view if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000. Any help ? ...

Display Map in Outlook2003 (bug)?? OL 2002 was okay!
I was working with OL2002 and use many times the Yellow arrow in Contact screen to find the clients location. That was always good. I switched to outlook 2003 and the same address (being a villeage in the Netherlands) is bringing me to a map of the Netherlands Antilles and the village name Krabbendijke is now "Kralendijk" This was not the case in OL2002.Where I got the exact Red pinpint oin the right street. In a few USA addresses I checked it is working fine and like IL 2003. What is wrong ?? Willem Rippen. Answered in the outlook.general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! -- Rober...

Not to display the "Service Module " for some roles
Is there any way not to display the "Service Module " for some roles ? Hi What you can do is assign a user zero permissions for certian entities. This will remove the entity from the CRM and from the users views. Regards Mark "Toton" wrote: > Is there any way not to display the "Service Module " for some roles ? ...

Suppress Autonumber record from displaying on the form
I have a query that feeds the form. I would like to only show the query results without the Autonumber record showing up at the very end. Is it possible to suppress it. Thanks MSA MSA wrote: > I have a query that feeds the form. I would like to only show the > query results without the Autonumber record showing up at the very > end. Is it possible to suppress it. > > Thanks > MSA Set the Form's AllowAdditions property to No. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Office started to display Calendar items and other dates in German
This might be strange. Entourage displays Calendar (months and days) in German language. As well every file preference in Office displays dates (months and days) in German language. In International preferences I have set that my locale is in Slovenia. Any ideas how to change that? Matej Hi, Some other people have reported oddities with languages and preferences. I know Microsoft is aware of the problem but I am not aware that there is any way to fix it yet. As long as you have autoupdates turned on you will get the latest update as soon as it is available. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP Quotin...

Change Display Control on a Table Programmatically
First, let me begin by saying that I don't know VB. I have been trying to do this using a macro. I need to set the display control for a field in about a 100 tables. Currently, the Yes/No field has a Display Control of Text and I need it to be a check box. When I created a macro using the following actions, I get an error message that it doesn't recognize Tables!. Does this mean that I can only use run code for forms and reports. Please excuse me if the question is stupid. I am trying to muddle along until I can take a class. Open Table: City Design View Edit ...

Display year only in a form field
Hi, How can I display only the current year as defailt text in a form text field? Thanks -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Please ignore - have figured it out. Cheers, -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock "Jock" wrote: > Hi, > How can I display only the current year as defailt text in a form text field? > Thanks > -- > Traa Dy Liooar > > Jock ...

Outlook 2003: font display size (magnification) in reading pane
Hello, I can't seem to find the place to change the magnification of the fonts in my inbox reading pane. I can change the font size for just about everything else. How do I do this? Thanks for your help! Philip Brown ...

How to display dynamic range
Sometimes I have to troubleshoot a formula that uses dynamic ranges. Here is an example formula: =CORREL(OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1,1,MATCH(C$1,Sheet3!$1:$1,0)-1,$A$1),(OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1,1,MATCH($A241,Sheet3!$1:$1,0)-1,$A$1))). Is there a way to determine the exact cells addresses that the correl function will operate on? For example, the Formula Palette for the OFFSET function above may say: Ref=0, row=102, col=214, height =144. Is there a way to determine the exact cell address range this represents? Thanks. I'd create a named range for each of them. Then I could just type in the ...

Takes time to display shutdown window
In my system it takes minimum 5-10 minutes to display shutdown window after I choose the shutdown option in start menu. when I try it to logoff it happens immediately but shutdown takes the same time when I tried from ctrl+alt+del screen also. Even I resetted the profile and tried, still the same problem persists. Check the System Event log. It sounds like a service is having issues stopping. Also there is a MS add-on service, User Profile Hive Cleanup that is specifically designed to help with shutdown issues. Download found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...

Outgoing Display Name
I have a 2-part question. I have an exchange server hosting our e-mail. One of our users needs to have something other than her name displayed to recipients when she sends e-mail. In ither words, say her name is "Jane Doe". She wants all outside messages to show as coming from "CompanyTraining", not "Jane Doe". Part #2 is this. This same user has 2 different SMTP e-mail addresses. Is there a way to allow the user to change the SMTP address she is sending from, within Outlook? Example: her default SMTP address is, janedoe@mycompany.com . She also has...

Why are my programs displaying symbols and characters in the toolb
I see symbols and characters in place of regular font in the toolbar when I'm running ms outlook. ...

URGENT: Query by Form, display in subform, link to / generate repo
I have developed a query and a form that will provide the parameters for that query. My challenge is that I want the results of the query to display in a subform below the search text box(es). Then I would like to have 2nd subform that provides links based on the value of one field to determine which reports may be selected. While I'm not new to Access, I'm still very new to VBA and want to know if this is possible. If possible, how to get it to work. This is pretty urgent as I have two different projects that will use this process. Thanks in advance for the help ... B...

Dual Displays

Cell formatting doesn't display
I have Excel 2007. When I enter data in a cell, I can select it and highlight it, eg., in yellow. The highlight does not display, but it shows up on the Print preview as grey. Similar with the font color. If I select a color, eg, red, then type, the print displays in red - until I press "enter". The data displays black again. It also displays in print preview as black. I checked with my MS WORD. It seems to work OK. Any help is appreciated! What settings, etc should I check? thanks! Try turning off the high-contrast Accessibility Options. Check out the below l...

How to display Campaign activities in my Workplace
I want to make campaign activities button visible in my Workplace and Sales and marketing areas. However i cannot adjust that setting for the Campaign activities etnity. None of the 'areas to show this entity' are marked, and all are greyed out, so I can't enable any of them. Can this be adjusted? How? Have you looked into configuring the Sitemap? The sitemap allows you to change the whole navigation structure and control what appears where. Have a look at the CRM SDK for more information. -- ----------------- Please note that the contents of my posts are my personal opi...

power point in net display
i want to play a pp presentation in net display that i saved as full screen kiosk and saved as web page. but when it opens in IE it brings up pop up msg and wants me to enable active x. i tried enabling all options in IE but still not working. what am i doing wrong? please help. thanks, Jay ...

How to display Xml
Is there any way to display XmlReader in WebBrowser control like IE does? ...

Outlook 2000 no send or recieve button displayed on tool bar
My client uses Outlook 2000 suddenly she lost the send and recieve buttons from the Outlook toolbar. She cannot rember how the buttons disappeared naturally. Human nature no one wants to be blamed for their own actions. How can these be restored to the Outlook tool bar? I looked at the view toolbars setting and selected to show all objects. This did not resolve the issue. How does one lose the send and receive button from the Outlook tool bar? Thank you Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My client uses Outlook 2000 suddenly she lost the send and >...

Displaying Text Data in Pivot Chart
Using Access 2003 i have a table Date Result Text 1/1/2010 1.12 Good 1/2/2010 1.54 Good 1/3/2010 3.21 Bad 1/4/2010 4.11 Very Bad i can create a pivot chart to show the results by months. What i want to do is at each results datapoint i would like to display the text from the text colume. so instead of the pivotchart displaying numbers i want it to display text and numbers. when i try this the text field is created as a count of text w...