Disconnected contact and addresses from e-mail

Help!  There is a disconnect from my e-mail and my cntact
list.  When I select new e-mail in Outlook 2003 and then
hit "to" there is a disconnect and brings me to a blank
select windows window.  I have to manually go into my
contact list and copy the address that I want to send to
and then go back to the e-mail and paste it in.  If I am
sending to multiple reciepients, you can imagine the time
involved.  Your help is truly appreciated.

Mike

Is your contact folder enabled as an Outlook Address Book?  Do you have the
Outlook Address book service installed?  What is the version of Outlook you
are using?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mike asked:

| Help!  There is a disconnect from my e-mail and my cntact
| list.  When I select new e-mail in Outlook 2003 and then
| hit "to" there is a disconnect and brings me to a blank
| select windows window.  I have to manually go into my
| contact list and copy the address that I want to send to
| and then go back to the e-mail and paste it in.  If I am
| sending to multiple reciepients, you can imagine the time
| involved.  Your help is truly appreciated.
|
| Mike

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
8/19/2004 7:49:04 PM
Dont know if my contact folder is enabled as an Outlook=20
Address Book.. Dont know if I have the Outlook service=20
installed and I am using Outlook 2002.
Book?  Do you have the=20
>Outlook Address book service installed?  What is the=20
version of Outlook you=20
>are using?
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Mike asked:

>| Help!  There is a disconnect from my e-mail and my=20
cntact
>| list.  When I select new e-mail in Outlook 2003 and=20
then
>| hit "to" there is a disconnect and brings me to a blank
>| select windows window.  I have to manually go into my
>| contact list and copy the address that I want to send=20
>| and then go back to the e-mail and paste it in.  If I=20
am
>| sending to multiple reciepients, you can imagine the=20
time
>| involved.  Your help is truly appreciated.
>|
>| Mike=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/19/2004 7:54:40 PM
Right click the Contacts folder and select properties - under the Outlook
Address Book tab, is it showing as an Outlook Address Book?  If the service
is not added - go to Tools->Email Accounts->Directories->VIew or change.
Does the Outlook Address Book service show?  If not, back up one step and
add it.

--�

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| Dont know if my contact folder is enabled as an Outlook
| Address Book.. Dont know if I have the Outlook service
| installed and I am using Outlook 2002.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Merging Duplicate Contacts

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Contacts Search

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...

proper casing mail merge
Hi All, I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? Thanks, rodchar Select the whole text, Format, Change Case, you will now have various options to choose from. Also, note that Shft+F3 toggles between no caps, Initial caps, and all caps. -- Hope this helps DeanH "rodchar" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is > there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? > > Thanks, > rodchar thanks, that help...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...