Disconnect or removal of the "Speech" option under "Tools"

I would like to know how to disconnect or remove
the "Speech" option found under "Tools" on the Microsoft
Outlook (2002) main page (for email)

This feature interjects messages during my use of the
email system, which lock up the process, causing me to go
through and shut down all of email functions operating at
that time.  I have to "back out" of email up to and
including the MSN Homepage, and start over...  very
bothersome... and this problem occurs with notable
frequency.

I'm not sure of the purose of this feature, however, for
me, it is an overwhelming nusance!   I therefore would
like to eliminate it from my system... without impacting
any of the other features.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Doug