Disappearing Messages #3

I have configured Outlook to pickup and send mail via the
AOL server (imap.aol.com).  It generally works nicely
however there have been some serious glitches.

The AOL mail exists in a parallel folder system to the
Outlook "Personal Folders".  Many of the built in
functions - searches, junk mail filters, etc. - do not
work with AOL.  There is a separate root folder
containing its own "Sent Items" and "Inbox".  This setup
appears to have happened automatically.  There is some
conversation between the Personal Folders root folder and
the imap.aol.com root folder (Drafts and Outbox) but not
much.
The imap.aol.com Inbox occasionally dumps its memory.  It
appears to be linked to how much the AOL server is
holding in memory.  In any event it is not durable memory
and is unreliable.
I have lost chunks of this memory at least twice and it
appears to be unrecoverable.  There are a couple of pst
files in different folders that could hold the
information I'm looking for but it is not clear how or
where to restore them.

What to do?

0
anonymous (74722)

Support #3
Can anyone (please) suggest another form of support for Money other than this forum? I have posted two inquiries this week without response. I see the "regulars"/MVP's answering posts all around my issues, but I must be asking the wrong questions or presenting them incorrectly...at any rate I am seeking acknowledgment/assistance. Thanks, -- Ron In microsoft.public.money, Ron wrote: >Can anyone (please) suggest another form of support for Money other than this >forum? I have posted two inquiries this week without response. > >I see the "regulars&quo...

Attempting to perform two different sorts on one worksheet. #3
Myrna, I pretty new to VBA. Most of the programming I do involves recordin macros and then finding ways to clean them up or make them universal i some fashion. But I understand the theory of your suggestions and wil try them some Saturday with two pots of coffee and some Led Zeppli playing softly in the background. Thank you very much for your help. Case -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264...

How can I stop saved files from disappearing with nonuse?
File names turn blue after some period of time and then disappear entirely! How do I change this setting so I don't lose saved files? I have plenty of disk space. Files don't disappear. File names in Windows Explorer means it's a compressed file. Where are you looking that you think this is happening? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JanB" <JanB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3EAE06A-CAE6-43E2-9B52-137123BF42F6@microsoft.com... > File names ...

Message box pop up when no reults
How do I create a message box pop up when my query returns no results? Thanks I tried this and received an error 3061. The code is in the On Got Focus of the combobox. The error is issued as soon as the form is opened. Could someone tell me why? TIA Ron "Klatuu" <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E52A5872-7B1F-4D95-96C5-E00DFC4816F3@microsoft.com... > Dim rst As Recordset > > Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("MyQueryName") > If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then > MsgBox "No Records Found" > End If ...

Outlook Rule Flag Message
Is there a "Server" side rule that will flag a message in the mailbox? Thanks RanceHood No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Rancehood" <Rancehood_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oo9gkwX0EHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a "Server" side rule that will flag a message in the mailbox? > > Thanks > > RanceHood > > ...

How can I make my subclass get the WM_DRAWITEM and WM_MEASUREITEM message?
Hello, All: I had wroten a programme which should redraw a CListBox and CListCtrl class, But so strange, when I drag an object into a CDialog object, and setting a member value to relate with the CListCtrl(or CListBox),then I changed the member value's type into CMyListBox( or CMyListCtrl), By this time,I thought it must can access the function which I inherited from the CListBox( or CListCtrl),but I cannoot see my void CMyListCtrl::OnMeasureItem(int nIDCtl, LPMEASUREITEMSTRUCT lpMeasureItemStruct) and void CMyListCtrl::OnDrawItem(int nIDCtl, LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) were be ca...

CRM 3.0
How in CRM 3.0 can I set up cascading changes so if a company get's bought out to have the name casade down through to the contacts, if they move have the address change casade down, the account get re-assigned to a new territory, their price changes... how do I set it up to cascade down from the Accounts to Contacts. Thanks so much! Shauna Do I have to do an OnSave for each of the fields that might change? Is this the only way? There must be a better way than this as it is something the happens frequently in any database. Thanks! Shauna "Shauna Koppang" wrote: > H...

CAsyncSocket #3
Anybody has any idea how to set the timeout value for the Connect function? It times out automatically, but I would like to alter that value. Any idea? Thanks!! Is it the same as: CAsyncSocket::GetSockOpt(SO_RCVTIMEO) (or SO_SNDTIMEO)? I have a feeling its internally set at the winsock level, though (memory hazy). If you want it to bail in a shorter time you can always close the socket from another thread (is safe to do). >-----Original Message----- >Anybody has any idea how to set the timeout value for the >Connect function? It times out automatically, but I would >lik...

Excel error message #6
I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error message: "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module TBrun9" How do I correct this? David Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 In article <1340701c3f712$da6bdd80$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "David" <macconsulting@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. > When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error > message: > "Microsoft Visual Basic > Compil...

Marking Messages as Read
I wish to mark messages as read in Outlook 2003 (part of Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003) when I click on another message, but only in certain folders. I do not wish to use the preview pane, or reading pane, or any other alias that may be used to descibe the automatic opening of a message. I was able to do this in previous versions of Outlook by checking the "Mark Item as Read When Selection Changes" box. This feature is not working now, and I hope that someone can help me with my issue. I.E. - I have a receipts folder set up for delivery and read receipts. I do no...

Error message #37
when reinstalling Office XP received error message that MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Can't open Outlook and can't find the file. How can I get the file back?? Does this article help: OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

Office 10.1.5 corrupt? (MacOS X 10.3.1)
I'm running Office 10.1.5 on a Titanium Powerbook G4 running MacOS X 10.3.1. It's been running fine for a while. I use Entourage to connect to our Exchange 2003 server. Here's the really really short version of what happened: Entourage froze (spinning pinwheel). I forced quit the app. When I tried to bring it up again, it told me it needed to rebuild the database. When I told it to do this, it told me that it couldn't access it (error -50) (sorry, I didn't keep the full text of the error). Struggled with this for a long time. Finally removed Office by removing: /...

Messages that Were Not Sent
I am NDR notices on messages that were never sent from the network. Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening? Ya..someone has an infected machine that is being used as a mailer and using addresses from your domain as the FROM addies. Really commonplace these days. "Bytemi" wrote: > I am NDR notices on messages that were never sent from the network. Does > anyone have an idea of why this is happening? > I have scanned and checked all computers on the network, there are no viruses or spyware running lose. I also verified that the server is not being used...

template buddy #3
your fears are well-founded -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27832 Hi, send them to me. make sure you tell me what you want or what the problem is.. excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au Mark E. Philpot http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway >-----Original Message----- > >your fears are well-founded. > > >-- >medicenpringles >--------------------------...

Viewing IMAP messages
I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails. When I click on an email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the message before I download the attachment - Is this possible? Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment - especially a pain if I am CC into some mail. Regards Andy ...

Weird font in addressing messages?
Entourage 10.1.4 adopted a strange font face for the "To:___" line in messages and in the display of options of addresses that start with the same letters that come up as I start to address messages. The font is condensed and has uneven letter spacing, with some letters jammed against each other. I checked my font preferences and all remain the same--Verdana. Removal of the following 3 preferences files--entourage.plist, entourage preferences, and entourage settings--did not help. A typical rebuild did not help. An advanced rebuild did not help. Your counsel, please? Thanks, ...

Error Message trying to concatenate from multiple records to a field
I have a table with the field: tblFormatted1Summary f1PropertyID __________ R100000 R100001 R100002 R100003 The second table contains the field f3PropertyID which is related to f1PropertyID. I need to concatenate the f3ImprovTypeCode field for each instance of the f1PropertyID in tblFormatted1Summary. tblFormatted2Land f3PropertyID f2LandTypeCode R100000 DC R100000 IC R100001 R100003 DC To where I can get: R100000 DC,IC R100001 R100002 R100003 DC I found the following concatenate function by Duane H...

Safe Senders List #3
When I receive an email that goes into junk email but belongs in my inbox, if I go to the Outlook junk mail and left click add senders domain to safe senders list, it does not work. I have to add the name by hand in the "add" item - is this the way this is supposed to work? Thanks! When you select a message in the junk email folder (not the folder), you can select: Actions-->Junk E-mail-->Add Senders Domain to Safe Senders List or Right click on the message and then select Junk E-mail-->Add Senders Domain to Safe Senders List This should return a dialogue box that r...

To chage the string of the Message Box
Hello, I was told the following query, and it works good. How can I change the Notes By to be a Msg String : "Dicatat Oleh". I want it as a variable, because i have already the table of String message, so that it can be in many languages. INSERT INTO Catatan ( NO_URTANGT, TGLCATATAN, WKTCATAT, Subject, Notes ) SELECT a.NO_URTANGT, a.TGLCATATAN, a.WKTCATAT, a.Subject, a.Notes & [Note by] FROM [C:\Churchdata\Churchdataconso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb].Catatan AS a; Thanks in advance for many helps. -- Frank Situmorang Are you talking about a stored query that you...

Unrecognizable format message

Excel 2007
Hello. I have a two week old laptop and am running Vista. The only user account is mine, and I am set as the adminitrator. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago. I added my HP J6480 printer, but started receiving messages (something about 'TrayApp'). I downloaded the Windows Installer CleanUp to try and fix the HP install, and since then I have received the Preparing to install message everytime I try to launch Excel (Word, too.). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times, made sure the registry was clean, but still have the problem. In add...

Print Preview #3
This (printing and previewing) is new territory for me, so bear with me as I try and ask the right question(s). I've got a little SDI application where I am drawing a bitmap and some text (with a non-default font) onto the view area. That works fine, or at least it appears to. What I am totally puzzled about is why Print Preview produces a much, much smaller bitmap and text on the "paper." Instead of consuming nearly the entire page, it sits up in the upper-left hand corner. The other issue has to do with closing the preview window. What shows up on the view area now is the...

Error message: "The Office System Pack cannot be installed.."
Error message: "The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 or later " occurs when installing an Access 2002 mde file with access 2002 runtime, using Microsoft 2002 Developer Package Installer into a Windows 7 system. I fixed this problem for installing into earlier versions of Windows by correcting references in the Ospfilelist.txt file. My program installs fine into earlier versions of Windows, but that fix does not work in Windows 7. littleguy Office 10 is not compatible with Windows 7. -- P...

CRM 3 E-Mail router erratic
Hi there I have got CRM routing email from Exchange to a support queue. Exchange uses the POP3 connector to pull mail from the ISP. The problem I am having is that some mail gets routed to CRM and others do not. It seems to be a completely random selection of mail that gets put into CRM. I have set up the support rule to forward all mail through to CRM. I have gone through everything I can think of including reinstalling the CRM router, removing the user and recreating it, removing and redeploying the forwarding rule. Any help with this would be appreciated! Ok, since the mail is routing ...

Fonts #3
I have Outlook 2002. When I get SOME emails they start out with large fonts and then they shrink before my eyes. How can I stop this? -- Sussertown --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Eliminate annoying spam! My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster." http://www.ihatespam.net ...