Disappearing Contacts #2

Here is my problem:
I create a distribution list. I add members to the
distribution list. I save the list. I close outlook and
created and the members are gone. Any idea what can be
happening here? Do I need to back my pst files and
uninstall Outlook and re-install? By the way I'm running
Outlook 2000 under Win98SE, PIII 128M ram. Please help!

0
kdiehl_45 (1)

Keith,
Don't know if this will help, but we had trouble creating Distribution List
using the OL Contacts folder. By using the Address Book and creating
"Groups", all problems ceased.

Hope this helps. Please post back either way.
Good Luck

"Keith" <kdiehl_45@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is my problem:
> I create a distribution list. I add members to the
> distribution list. I save the list. I close outlook and
> created and the members are gone. Any idea what can be
> happening here? Do I need to back my pst files and
> uninstall Outlook and re-install? By the way I'm running
> Outlook 2000 under Win98SE, PIII 128M ram. Please help!

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Disappearing pop-ups
I asked about this a few weeks ago but didn't get an answer, but it's so annoying that I'm trying again. My new laptop (Win XP Pro) has an irritating problem where various kinds of pop-up boxes and messages appear briefly, and then disappear again a split-second later. This isn't specifically an Access issue (it happens in lots of other places too) but I'm asking about it here because (i) it does happen in Access (ii) it annoys me the most in Access because that's where I mostly am and (iii) folks around here generally know a lot more about most things than fol...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Recovering Contacts from BackUp Exec
I need to recover a contacts file from Backup Exec into Exchange but, the contacts file is from an older version of Exchange (2000 small business) and the backup was taken using an older version of Backup Exec (Version8.5), and I've since upgraded our Exchange to Enterprise 2003. While Backup Exec 8.5 allows me to redirect the files, I would like to know if any has anyone had any experience of a similar scenario? I suspect this will work, but don't wish to take any chances. Any help would be appreciated. Mark. "contacts file "? Do you mean the contacts...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...

2 fonts in Chart title in E2007
We are tranferring code from 2003 to 2007 and noticed a change in how VBA reads the following line: ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters(5,2).Font.Color = vbred IN 2003, it reads it correctly coloring letters 5 & 6 red. in 2007, it colors the whole Chart title red. It seems that regardless of the start and length I pass into the characters function, the formatting occurs to the entire chart title, not just the characters I wanted. Even recording the VBA in 2007 yields no help as it cannot record the partial font change, even though the GUI allows it. IN 2003 you can reco...

commissions #2
Can I make a mass change to the item properties to in the DB to allow commissions to be paid on all items.My items are currently set not to allow commissions. -- billr Billr3, Maybe, which method did you want? Did you realize that the default setting is to pay commission by sales rep? -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Ret...

User defined fields #2
Entered user defined fields the way I wanted, however, the software has now put it all in ascending order and there are no sort options available. Any way to correct without having to do it all over? Put in ascending order where?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Darcy W." <Darcy W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...