Disable the forwarding function (RMS?)

Hi,

I want to preserve the confidentiality of an email so that the receipient
(internal or external) of the email won't be able to forward the email to
others.  Is it doable?

The Microsoft Right Management Service + Liquid Machines seem serving the
purpose, but the deployment doesn't look straight forward.  Anyone has the
experience to share?  Any alternatives?

I know Lotus Notes has the similar function out of the box.  Does MS Outlook
provide this too?

Thanks

RMS can definitely add that capability to Outlook, which has nothing =
like that built in. People I've talked to who have RMS have been quite =
happy with it.=20

Other approaches are listed at =
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/security.htm#services

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Ken Wong" <someone@nomail.com> wrote in message =
> Hi,
>=20
> I want to preserve the confidentiality of an email so that the =
receipient
> (internal or external) of the email won't be able to forward the email =
> others.  Is it doable?
>=20
> The Microsoft Right Management Service + Liquid Machines seem serving =
the
> purpose, but the deployment doesn't look straight forward.  Anyone has =
the
> experience to share?  Any alternatives?
>=20
> I know Lotus Notes has the similar function out of the box.  Does MS =
Outlook
> provide this too?
>=20
> Thanks

0
suemvp (4038)
5/14/2007 2:46:53 PM
Thanks.  I came across the software called Mail-Lock.  Any comments?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Ken Wong" <someone@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to preserve the confidentiality of an email so that the receipient
> (internal or external) of the email won't be able to forward the email to
> others.  Is it doable?
>
> The Microsoft Right Management Service + Liquid Machines seem serving the
> purpose, but the deployment doesn't look straight forward.  Anyone has the
> experience to share?  Any alternatives?
>
> I know Lotus Notes has the similar function out of the box.  Does MS
> Outlook
> provide this too?
>
> Thanks

I don't keep track of individual applications in that feature niche.=20

> Thanks.  I came across the software called Mail-Lock.  Any comments?
>=20
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> RMS can definitely add that capability to Outlook, which has nothing =
like=20
> that built in. People I've talked to who have RMS have been quite =
happy with=20
> it.
>=20
> Other approaches are listed at=20
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/security.htm#services

>=20
> "Ken Wong" <someone@nomail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to preserve the confidentiality of an email so that the =
receipient
>> (internal or external) of the email won't be able to forward the =
email to
>> others.  Is it doable?
>>
>> The Microsoft Right Management Service + Liquid Machines seem serving =
the
>> purpose, but the deployment doesn't look straight forward.  Anyone =
has the
>> experience to share?  Any alternatives?
>>
>> I know Lotus Notes has the similar function out of the box.  Does MS=20
>> Outlook
>> provide this too?
>>
>> Thanks
>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
5/15/2007 11:29:49 AM
Ken Wong <someone@nomail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I came across the software called Mail-Lock.  Any comments?

I read through the features of that tool and it still requires recipient
cooperation.  Both you and your recipient must have Mail-Lock (or a portion
thereof) in order for it to work correctly.  If you choose to employ
Mail-Lock's protection features, then the recipient must have a "Mail-Lock
Reader" installed in order to even read your mail.  If you do not establish
any policy for a particular message, then the recipient doesn't need the
add-in to read it, but then they can do anything they want with the message.
Essentially, the Mail-Lock tool encrypts the message so that it is
inaccessible to anyone not using Mail-Lock in order to enforce the policies
you specify.  I can imagine many business partners saying, "Sorry, no.
We're not installing software on our PCs just so you can tell us we can't
print or forward your messages."
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address
For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? Change your View>Encoding setting. "Michelle10000" wrote: > For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is > the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? ...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup. Any help would be most apprciated. Look in the macros on the example workbook. Learning wrote: > I am running Offic...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

Menu Bar will NOT disable
Hi all, I am trying to disable the menu bar at runtime/startup. I have researched this site and used the solutions presented such as, application.commandBars ("menu bar").enabled = False (tried = 0, too!) and code options. Placed the code in the form_Open and form_load events. I haven't had any success? I have unchecked all setting in the Tools --> Startup and the Tools --> Options that deal with toolbars and shortcut menus, this was not successful, too. I am at a loss. Can anyone direct me what to do next? This site is VERY helpful I use it as a reference all t...

Entourage won't forward attachments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a user that is no longer able to forward attachments. When she clicks Forward on a message that has attachments the message is preserved but the attachments are lost. I know she could use &quot;Forward as Attachment&quot; but then the person on the receiving end of the message has to open the original message to get to the attachment. These are just normal files in the attachments, jpeg's, pdf's ect. Also, the machine is running fully updated 13.0.4 entourage EWS conne...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

Writing Access functions
I am an old FoxPro programmer (but have been out of programming for many years) and I have been through the Access basics that I have been able to find on line. So I can create tables, forms enter data the basics. I am learning VBA no problem there. Now I want to write some functions. I would like to write one function that is passed an ID and returns the last name of the person having that ID. I would like to write this function in two ways: 1. Connect to a table in my DB find the ID and return the name 2. Have the function perform a query that returns a record set from which t...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Automatically forward spam
I have used the "Customize" menu to create/assign hyperlinks so that a new message window will automatically come up with the contact's name in the "To" box. Now I want to forward a message using a hyperlink. Usually my spam is just annoying, but sometimes I get really dangerous spam that wants me to enter my bank account information. I want to forward that to: spam@uce.gov which is an agency that tracks this sort of thing. Is there a way to assign a hyperlink to forward a spam mail to them? ...

Function Keys in Excel
Can someone please tell me what the F2 key does in Excel 2000? I have a column of data which has been copied from Access 2000 into an Excel 2000 sheet. It is numeric data and when I use the "Countif" function on this data, it doesn't calculate. However, if I press the "F2" function key in any of the cells, something happens to the data so that the "countif" function recoginises it. Can anyone explain what is happening here? Thank you. -- LPS F2 allows you to edit directly in the cell, do you have calculations set to automatic under tools>calcul...

MSN Messenger 4: Forwarding Messages to Mobile Device?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3170242457_31400555 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Am I misunderstanding MSN�s mobile device feature? Under the Mobile Preferences, it says �Set up or edit account so my contacts can send messages to my mobile device�. So I�ve set my account up...but how is it activated? I thought it would work like AIM�s forward to mobile device feature. --B_3170242457_31400555 Content-type: text/html; ch...

Disabling Anti-Virus Software
To install a new version of InterNet Explorer, the instructions say to disable anti-virus software, because it may interfere with installation. Don't know how to disable. I have Norton and some anti-spam items, Ad-Aware and Ad- Watch. I'm sure it's easy, but.............. >-----Original Message----- >To install a new version of InterNet Explorer, the >instructions say to disable anti-virus software, because >it may interfere with installation. Don't know how to >disable. >I have Norton and some anti-spam items, Ad-Aware and Ad- >Watch. >I'm...

Report Writer Functions #2
Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. The Report Writer On-line manual (Help - Printable Manuals - Reporting - Report Writer) has a fairly good description of the functions in Chapter 6. Do you look there or is there a specific function that you did not find there for which you are searching? "Elaine" wrote: > Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer > functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. Hi El...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Function for convertion of leters doesn't work.
I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on small size but Access gives me a message that the function is not defined.Please, do you know another function? MS Access does not have a LOWER function. Try LCase() instead. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "Stenli" <svet2000@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:10b201c3626e$b613a050$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on > small size but Access gives me a message that the function > is not defined.Please, do you know another function? ...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

is Retail Management System(RMS) been used at cafeterias?
Is Ms Retail Management System been used at cafeterias? It might work in a small operation. But is it the right fit? Not in my opinion. Other software is more cafe' friendly and made for the task. If you have a small cafe, in a retail store you might consider it, if your menu does not need to print on remote kitchen printers, and your using RMS for retail. Other wise look at Dinerware perhaps or software designed for restaurants. mt "D. Reveron" <D. Reveron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D79643B-B9BF-4DD2-96F2-B49D5BCFD5C7@microsoft.com... ...

Disabling the Junk Mail filter
Does anyone know if/how the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003 can be completely and permanently disabled. We run a subscribed anti-spam service at mail server level and the client filter is creating false positives all the time and causing much unrest amongst my users! I've tried setting the filter to no automatic filtering, but this doesn't seem to stop things redirecting to the junk mail (backup notifications originating from backup exec are consistently hitting the junk mail folder despite having been added to all safe sender and recipient lists). This trivial issue is drivin...

Missing engineering functions
In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003? Thanks in advance, Geoff Waters Glendale, CA Geoff, I don't have Excel 2003, but you should be able to go to Tools | Add-ins and check mark "Analysis Took Pak" in the list that appears. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Geoff" <grw888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zwfIc.299$Qu5.238@newsread2.news.pas.earthli...

Read Receipt Function in outlook
The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook Small Business Edition for XP 2002. I have not made any recent changes to my outlook setup. Does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this? ...