Disable Fax choice in Email

When I compose and email I like to just type the persons name and move
on.
If it is an infrequent contact and I have a Fax number for them Outlook
asks if I want to use that or the email.
Is there a way to disable the fax choice when sending emails?

Jeff

I think if you add alphabetic characters to their fax number (like FAX)
it'll remove it as a choice

"orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message
> When I compose and email I like to just type the persons name and move
> on.
> If it is an infrequent contact and I have a Fax number for them Outlook
> asks if I want to use that or the email.
> Is there a way to disable the fax choice when sending emails?

0
vince8328 (2733)
9/15/2005 4:58:52 PM
orbojeff, you  wrote on 15 Sep 2005 09:55:12 -0700:

> Is there a way to disable the fax choice when sending emails?

Either you do it how Vince suggested it or, if you have a lot of entries
to edit, you could use a tool [1] which does it for you. But note, this
tool does not support Outlook 2003. If you have installed OL 2003 you
could use [2], but this tool is not for free!

[1]http://www.k22.de/db79.html#ch228
[2]http://www.websetters.co.uk/WSAddIns/Fax%20Display%20Manager/index.htm

Best Regards
Christian Goeller
--
Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found?
All corrections would be appreciated!

Sent Emails disappear from Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Sent emails are disappearing spontaneously from Entourage 2008. Sometimes the emails are sent and sometimes they disappear before sending. I have NO rules of any kind enabled. Probably 25% of all sent emails disappear. <br> I set up a Thunderbird account and the sent emails are ALL visible there, so they have not been deleted from our server, using Communigate Pro. I have reinstalled Office 2008 and created a new Identity recently, a few weeks before the emails began disappearing. <...

Email Attachments getting converted to Windows format in Outlook
When I open my IMAP mailbox using outlook it deletes and re-inserts any emails that have image attachments. The new email on the server is converted to a winmail.dat attachment format. This causes problems when I try to read the same file using my PDA since it can not read the winmail.dat format. How do I make outlook stop "auto" converting my attachments to winmail.dat. I have outlook configured to send email with plain text to prevent this problem when I send email I was shocked to learn that outlook was converting my email when I access the mailbox. Any help would be appreci...

jpg striped out of email
any clue how to stop jpgs from being striped out of the body of the mail. all mail to 1 of my clients on my exchange server has all photos removed from her mail ...

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Disable company database in Intercompany distributions
We had been distributing A/P invoices to a company database that we will no longer be using. Is there any way to disable intercompany for that company so that it no longer appears in the intercompany lookup list? I tried removing the Due To and Due From accounts for that company but that didn't work. I was able to stop inactive data bases from showing up in the lookup list by deleting the relationship under Tools/Setup/System/Intercompany. Pull up the active database in the "originating company ID", then select the inactive database in the "destination company nam...

Email a single Worksheet
Hello from Steved Is it possible to email a single worksheet with all the formulas I am using excel 2000 Thankyou. Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Steved" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:26eb01c47064$444660c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello from Steved > > Is it possible to email a single worksheet with all the > formulas I am using excel 2000 > > Thankyou. Thankyou. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >see: >http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm > >-- ...

Duplicate emails #15
We have remote users that are set up to download their emails to a pst file. One user accidentally set up a ost file for donwloading. I removed the ost file and redirected the emails back to the pst file. This user continues to receive duplicate emails when downloading. We are using Windows XP and Outlook 2002. Exchange server 5.5 Is there something on the server that would be set to send mulitple copies of a email? thanks for your help! ...

Unable to open email folder
I am unable to open an email folder in Outlook Express. I have found the .dbx file relating to this folder, is there anyway to recover the contents. About 8mb of emails. Many Thanks Alan, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft ne...

Error message when replying to email
I connect remotely via dial-up VPN connection and able to receive emails, so the server connection is OK. I was able to send emails to both an inside and outside email, however when I reply to certain emails, I receive an error message "Network Problems are preventing connection to the microsoft exchange server". I am running W2k and Outlook 2000 and the server is Exchange 5.5. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Disabling Text Box Duplications in Brochure
I am using one of the brochure templates and everytime I change the top text box on the first page, it changes the text box on the third, fifth, etc. pages. Same with the second, fourth, and so on. How do I make this stop? It's making me crazy. I'm using Publisher 2002, if it matters. Thanks! Delete the text box on each page and replace it with one of your own creation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "NewportCS" <NewportCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FD9E6C-6EFC-4BA6-B...

Cannot receive email
I have just recently purchased a new HP Pavilion dc7 Laptop (Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU. I use Bellsouth.net for my email and am TRYING to use Windows Live email. I was able to receive but could not send. I had a friend help me transfer all of my stuff from the old Laptop to the new one and help me get set up. We never did get my mail to send. After reading numerous posts in this discussion group I figured that the Incoming and Outgoing Ports might be wrong. The Outgoing Port was 25 and I changed it to 465 and the Incoming Port is 995 and I left it as is. And now I can send bu...

Blank Email message body
This is VERY odd! I type a message normally (Reply or original) send it & it arrives at destination blank, and when I look in "sent" folder, it also shows blank. Header is filled in but nothing in message body. Anybody any ideas? Running Win XP Pro and MS Outlook 2003 Tried it on messages to myself & it's the same. I've obviously set something wrong - but what? Grateful for any advice, Freddie Freddie... have you found a SOLUTION "Freddie" <freddie@fmeynell.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:00d001c3c8c3$ee4800e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > This ...

Send a worksheet to an open email
Hi Forum, Is there a way of sending an Excel sheet as an attachment to an email in Outlook that is already open. I have read through the forum and all replies seem to open a new email and then make the attachment, I need to do it the other way around if possible. Many thanks in advance. Graham If you have already looked at Ron's site, then I don't know where else to look. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm "Graham F" <GrahamF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF8577CF-D580-40EE-B85D-33E01808E408@microsoft.com... > Hi Forum, ...

outlook keeps sending the same email #2
Hi, everybody! Outlook keeps sending the same email. Is there any solution? Sergei sergei bellov <belov@zahav.net.il> wrote: > Outlook keeps sending the same email. > > Is there any solution? 1) Always state your version of Outlook and the type of account you're using. 2) Disable any antivirus or -spam product that integrates with Outlook. You may have to completely uninstall it and reinstall without the mail scanning option to truly disable it. 3) Increase the server timeout value on the Advanced tab of your account properties page. 4) Increate your send/rece...

View HTML emails
When looking in Tools, Options there does not appear to be a read html message feature? Tools | Options | Read. If: Read All Messages In Plain Text is not checked, then you are reading in HTML. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message news:3533E9BD-BD24-4B63-8823-FC4511711AEA@microsoft.com... > When looking in Tools, Options there does not appear to be a read html > message feature? Thank You Bruce "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in messa...

Frx email addresses
An Frx report recipient has changed his email address. Is there a way of determining which trees and report catalogs the old address is on so that we can update them all rather than getting errors as those reports run? thanks Ian - Canada ...

Dragging Email Messages In Windows Folders
Hi, Some time back I used to manage my emails in windows folders by selecting them all, dragging them from outlook (inbox) to a windows folder. I had emails with similiar subjects. So the Email files (in message format) were created by outlook like filename = subject of message + autogenerated number (in case of multiple messages with same subject) Now after this new installation. When i repeat the same procedure... Windows gives error "This folder already contains a file named "subject of message" Would you like to replace the existing file with another one? So the list of ...

How to get automatic completion of email recipients
Brand new Outlook 2003, WinXP user I imported my mail messages and contacts from OE6. If I create a new mail message. In OE, I begin typing the recipient=92s name. Let=92s say I type Bill S. At this moment OE automatically brings up the name Bill Smith. In my new Outlook, this automatic search and fill-in isn=92t working. How do I turn it on? Tools>Options>autocomplete The entries are added over time / usage "PT" <inconnu3939@gmail.com> wrote in message news:391d5c84-4b77-4238-9961-b93f1ae66a15@u41g2000yqe.googlegroups.com... Brand new Outlook 2003,...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Including original email in NDR to Admin
Hi, I am in the process of going from Exchange 5.5 to 2k3. One difference I've noticed is that when I got a copy of the NDR's generated by an email sent to an invalid address at my domain, Ex5.5 would include the original email as an attachment in the NDR. Ex2003 does not however. Is there anyway to get Exchange 2003 to include the original email in the NDR? Thanks. -Joe ...

Recipient name does not appear in listing of a sent email
I have a question about email display properties. Using Word 2007. I create an email message and send it to John Doe. When I click on the "Sent Items" folder and view the table list of sent emails, the recipient's name "John Doe" appears on the top line of the email I have just sent. Then I drag and drop the email into another folder I have created, such as "For Follow Up." Now, I click on the "For Follow Up" folder and look in the table list for the email I have just sent. The recipient's name "John Doe" no longer appears on th...

cant sent emails from Outlook
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Welcome! Here's how to get started with Skype', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ( what does this mean) I can recieve incoming email but cant send them on the outlook express. "decaterill@live.com" <decaterill@live.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F7AAA5E-E739-4944-835F-A5619231F553@microsoft.com... > The connection to the server has failed. Subject ...

seeing if email is working
"robert8653@att.net" <robert8653@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2C7AD3-3DC2-4C89-A3C1-1396CF755E4E@microsoft.com... It is and you've just published your email address for all the world to see and spam. However this is not the place for any such tests, Try at: microsoft.public.test.here -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com ...

Email to Case Email->Description Formatting
Ok, interesting problem here. I have written a Workflow that creates a service request from an email that is sent into the Q. THis is working great. One big problem is the formatting of the text of the message if the email has been sent formatted in HTML. When I send this to the description field in the Service Request, I get all the HTML formatting and the email is difficult to read. My preference would be to keep this formatting, but the description box is not html enables. That leaves me with getting just the plain text out of this and sending it. Does anyone know the meth...

Why are my auditing and forms toolbars disabled?
I've been maintaining and constantly adding to a workbook with Bloomberg links for over five years. As hard as this is to believe, about a month ago a button for a macro I have 'disappeared' (when I hear this it sounds like something an Excel novice would write!). Further, the auditing and the forms toolbars are all disabled, i.e. the functions are no longer available to me. I have no troubles manually running the macros that I have written, including the ones originally attached to the button in question. I don't have the security at a high level, nor are any sheets...