direct sent mail to specific folders

At my last job I was able to have an automatic choice if I wanted to keep a
copy of an email I was sending, It was a simple pop up box that asked save
yes or no.  If I chose yes I then could choose what folder I filed it in.
This was instead of having all email saved in a sent folder.  At the new job
no one knows how to set this up.  Smaller IT dept, smaller help potential.  I
need help as I was spoiled!

Hank
0
Novak (2)

"Hank Novak" <Hank Novak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At my last job I was able to have an automatic choice if I wanted to keep
> copy of an email I was sending, It was a simple pop up box that asked save
> yes or no.  If I chose yes I then could choose what folder I filed it in.
> This was instead of having all email saved in a sent folder.  At the new
> job
> no one knows how to set this up.  Smaller IT dept, smaller help potential.
> need help as I was spoiled!
>
> Hank

Are you sure that was Outlook? Sounds like Lotus or GroupWise to me....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

gbplinux1 (41)
2/10/2009 7:40:08 PM
We need help, too.  Specifically, what versions of Outlook (the old job and
the new job), what kind of email account, was/is an Exchange Server
involved, any other differences besides the smaller size of the IT
department?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

"Hank Novak" <Hank Novak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At my last job I was able to have an automatic choice if I wanted to keep
> copy of an email I was sending, It was a simple pop up box that asked save
> yes or no.  If I chose yes I then could choose what folder I filed it in.
> This was instead of having all email saved in a sent folder.  At the new
> job
> no one knows how to set this up.  Smaller IT dept, smaller help potential.
> need help as I was spoiled!
>
> Hank

0
hhh6225 (363)

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

WHY CAN'T I SEND MY E-MAILS? THEY WIND UP UNSENT IN OUTBOX.
Why can't I send my e-mails? The wind up unsent in outlook. Version? do they change when you look in the outbox? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "PatA" <PatA@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Mails
Hi I have 500 user in my organization and one of the user is facing a very strange problem like whenever he send mail to anyone on the from field we are getting the full AD path. Could anyone help me in resolving this issue he is very senior most person in our organisation. Help will be highly thankfull. Regards, ...

automatic list of e-mail subjects
I would like to list the subject names of whole e-mails in my INBOX (including all subfolders of Inbox). How can i do that by code? I think that will be wonderfull, I'm looking for something like that since a year because i can't program anything... I will be even more powerfull if the list could be shared on a server and automatically load to every users. This will sell like cookie since a lot of company work with porject number and custumer, rules for filtering could also be manage on the server by only one person as the subject list also. "mezzanine1974" wrote: &...

auto display names sent
When I send a message it will only keep the name for auto populating for about a week. How do I change that setting? WYSIWYG. Autocomplete for TO line will only offer the last 29 contacts you'd entered. There are no plans to fix this or any other bug. Darton wrote: > When I send a message it will only keep the name for auto populating for > about a week. How do I change that setting? Windows Mail auto-completes from a separate list of 29 addresses you type in, not from your contacts. This list is stored in the registry. If you wish to remove old or incorrect ad...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Can I forward all messages received from a specific domain?
I'd like to set up a rule for an exchange user that forwards all mail they receive from a particular domain to another user's exchange mailbox. I tried setting up a rule where the "From" field was configured with a domain name only (From: specificdomain.com). I tested by having someone from that domain send an email to the user, but the rule did not fire; the message was never forwarded. Is there a valid syntax for creating a rule that should fire for all email from a particular domain? It's not practical in this case to set up multiple rules to fire on incom...

OUTGOING MASS MAILINGS
We have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP (all running with all the latest patches). We use Act! version 6.0 to generate mailing lists which we use to send out monthly newsletters. Act builds the messages and sends them to Outlook's 'Drafts" folder. Oulook then proceeds to send out the emails. We send out groups of 100 emails at a time (since Act can't handle more than 120 mass emails in this manner) until we have generated emails for all of our 1200 contacts. We always wait for all the messages to be sent out so the Outbox folder is empty when we start generating ...

E-mail Marketing Newsletters
I am attempting to create an html newsletter for e-mailing to my current clients. I have spent numerous hours trying to create a professional looking newsletter in html format with links to various information on the web using Publisher 2003. I have been experienceing the flaws of html format newsletters with text and graphics reacting in different ways per the program used to open and view them. Is an html format newsletter the best way to achieve a dynamic newsletter my clients can use as a resource to locate items on the web via links or should I be going down a totally different pa...

Unread messages in Public Folders
Hi all, I have two problems with public folders: - OWA nor Outlook doesn't display count of unread messages, regardless whether per-user read/unread information is checked or not - I'm unable to setup Outlook to show desktop alert on new messages in any public folder; the dummy rule with display desktop alert option doesn't work - is it even possible? Thanks in advance, Robert On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:21:05 +0100, "Robert Goldwein" <robert.goldwein@dtptools.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have two problems with public folders: >- OWA nor Outlook doesn&#...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Public Folder
Hello, I have created a Public Folder with a Task View as my MIS Help Desk for my internal users. Occassionally the Task Item will disappear. I DO NOT know why it disappears, can you help me with this? Also, the users only fill in the Subject line and sometimes additional information in the body of the Task. That's all. Very puzzle!? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Serucity Patch and Outlook 2000 Mail Merge
We use Outlook with an Exchange server. Outlook 2000 with latest update and Exchange 5.5SP4 plus updates. We have a contact folder and started a mail merge from Outlook. It works great and we're able to use, add, test, and confirm the fields and formats that we like. We are using it to merge into an email message. Everything works fine. One item we'd like to get around when sending the merge to Outlook it prompts twice at every contact - once asking if we want to allow access to Outlook and to this prompt we can respond allow access for x minutes. This prompt is ok because when mergi...

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

Search photos without specific tag in Photo Gallery
Hello! Is it possible to exclude photos with specific tag from search results? For example I want to search for all photos that are tagged "animal" but want to exclude photos with tag "cat". I've tried search queries like "animal -cat" but that does not seem to work. Any ideas? P.S. I'm using Vista SP2 Home Premium Photo Gallery -- Veld ...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

Outlook 2007 doesnt receive all mail
Just loaded Outlook 2007 onto my Vista laptop. After some juggleing I have managed to set up two POP mail based email addresses under one profile. So to test the system I have been sending messages to and from a hotmail live account I have. If I send to both addresses, only one arrives in the inbox. I fI sedn seperate messages to it - only the one to the other account comes through???? So each account will receive some messages indicating the set up is right but not on every occasion. Anyone got any suggestions for this? Have you also installed Microsoft Outlook Connector? If n...

Rule to delete junk mail does not always work
I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the mail containing these words still gets through (usually finish up in the Junk mail folder). When I run the rule on the Junk Mail folder these emails get deleted! So the rule would seem to be ok. Any idea why the rule does not always work? Al PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote: > I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain > characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the > mail containing these words ...

Sent items missing messages
All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed nothing in my setting or options - and I can't understand why this is happening. Make sure in the upper right corner it says: Show All Messages Also can be found here View->Current View->Show All Messages mrspmanning;1609546 Wrote: > All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a > couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed > ...

How do I merge archieve folders in Outlook?
Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On new PC they show up as "Personal Folders" and a new set of empty Archieve folders has been created. How do I move the existing archieve folders from the Personal Folders to the new Archieve Folders? Thank you. Drag drop the items you want to move. "219Kimrod" <219Kimrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E2C1F96-A0D1-4186-971C-99E073378B49@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On > new PC they show up as "Per...

Tracking an email when sent directly from Excel
I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. However I can never find any record of this in Outlook, or anywhere else. Is there a way so this gets recorded in Outlook, or can you tell me where I can find some record of the email and its contents. Thank you, On May 18, 7:23=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) > when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. =A0However I can never find any > record of this in Outloo...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...